Busy Neurosurgery office in North Arlington seeks an experienced Surgical Coordinator to join their growing team. Responsibilities of the position include:
- Schedules surgery for four neurosurgeons handling spinal, cranial, cyberknife, and endovascular procedures -- this will involve:
- coordination with the physician's calendar
- coordination with the hospital surgical room calendar
- making changes in schedules as needed
- coordination with patients.
- Schedule/arranged all pre-operative tests and lab work
- Order surgical equipment for cases
- Verifies healthcare coverage
- Pre-certification of surgical procedures
- Prepares surgical estimates
- Other duties as assigned
- One year of experience as a surgical coordinator (full time, NOT as partial responsibility)
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to successfully juggle multiple tasks at one time
- Project a friendly demeanor, especially when working with patients.
- Possess excellent computer, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have formal medical terminology and HIPAA regulation training
- Must have general knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding
IF YOU DON'T MEET THESE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS, PLEASE DON'T APPLY - YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION
Commitment to unwavering professionalism and superior customer service is expected of all our team members. This hourly, full-time position offers competitive compensation plus a generous benefits package. For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume. As stated above, candidates not meeting the minimum requirements will not be considered.
Indeed - 15 months ago