Virginia Packing is a specialty co-packer for top quality cured meats, cheeses and other specialty food products. We specialize in products that require special handling and extra attention to detail. Incorporated in 2009 and based in Toano, Virginia, we are a rapidly growing business with experienced staff and top quality equipment. We are the exclusive meat slicer and packer for La Tienda, the US' leading online retailer for imported products from Spain, and our impressive client list continues to grow.
Virginia Packing provides small-parcel pick, pack and ship and LTL outbound logistics services anywhere in the USA or Canada.
Reports to Operations Manager
This position will work the majority of the time in the production room, manually slicing, labeling and packaging various products.
During low production time, employees are expected to work in the Logistics Department. This could include unloading containers, assisting with order fulfillment and inventory moves.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Slicing of cured meat and cheese products to desired specifications utilizing hand and electric slicing equipment.
- Deboning of cured meat products utilizing traditional extraction methods.
- Relabeling and packaging of finished product.
- Sorting and counting inventory.
- Maintaining a clean and sterile work environment.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs or more.
- Must be able to withstand low temperatures, work is performed in a refrigerated room.
- Requires standing and/or walking on cement flooring for shift duration.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Physical coordination/dexterity.
- Bilingual English and Spanish strongly preferred.