VIRGINIA TIRE & AUTO
We are looking for exceptional ASE certified technicians to provide outstanding customer service and top quality automotive repair and maintenance services. Technicians are responsible for performing vehicle repairs and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standard and overseeing the work of any apprentice technician assigned. We have immediate opportunities!!!
From attentive salespeople to expert technicians, our teams are comprised of talented people who work hard to impress the customer. When you join Virginia Tire & Auto, you are welcomed into a family dedicated to creating satisfying auto repair and maintenance experiences for our customers and a company that places a strong emphasis on training and career advancement.
If you share our passion for the customers we serve, the products we sell and the work we do, this is a place for you to build a rewarding career.
- High school diploma or its equivalency
- ASE certification in 1 or more specialties
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical instructions, journals and procedures
- Diagnose and recommend solutions to basic and complex automotive problems
- Professional personal appearance.
- Ability to successfully and accurately perform the following types of work (not limited to): no start diagnosis, minor engine repair, A/C diagnosis and repair, heating and cooling diagnosis and repair, drive ability diagnosis, steering and suspension diagnosis and repair, brake diagnosis and repair, exhaust system diagnosis and repair, air induction/fuel system services, fluid exchanges, 4-wheel alignments, tire mounting and balancing.
- The Technician must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Flexible depending on individual preferences and business need
- Must be available evenings and at least 1 weekend day per week
Store hours vary by location:
- See www.vatire.com for details by location
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Technician
Overall duties include, but are not limited to:
- Diagnoses and perform repairs to specifications set forth on work order with efficiency and accuracy (brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, suspension and alignment, air conditioning and computer systems)
- Examine vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required
- Adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis
- Communicate to Service Manager and/or Assistant Service Manager to obtain needed parts, if additional work is needed, any mechanical repair problems as they occur or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer
- Document work performed
- Road-test vehicles after completion of services to ensure safe and satisfactory operating conditions
- Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned
- Minimize “comeback” rate to one or less during any four week period
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology
- Ensure the customers' cars are kept clean
- Keep shop areas neat, clean and organized
- Road-test vehicles to quality-check work performed
- Comply with established safety programs, including wearing protective eyewear
- Work is fast-paced in an Indoor/Outdoor, customer-oriented environment.
- This is a physically demanding position, requiring stooping, bending, crouching, crawling, and moving throughout the service department.
- The employee may stand up to eight (8) hours and may lift up to 70 pounds.
- The technicians will use hoist and test equipment as needed and will be exposed to noise, vibration, dust, exhaust fumes and other hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
- The Technician will be required to wear Company uniform at all times.
Indeed - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard