Virginia Tire & Auto Employee Reviews

great people to work with
Employee (Former Employee) –  Virginia tire and autoAugust 8, 2017
Working as an employee is awesome, tons of different people with different stories. I wish they focused more on the family part of the business but it is a business so i understand. Every day is different, faced paced meeting time requirements, and trying to satisfy every customer. The best part of the job is well your there everyday with the same people so you grow and bond with them, and you become family with the members in your own shop. I wish the corporate side would keep that in mind. Every one in the shop has each others back and will always do what they can to help. The hardest part of the job is being there for 10hours a day or more. 90% of the time when you return the next morning its like you were just there. I do wish that they matched the 401k input i believe it would help boost the employees and help them plan for a future retirement. It is a great place for people trying to get their foot in the door in the automotive industry.
Clean, Friendly, and fast-paced workplace.
SALES ASSOSIATE (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJune 1, 2017
Virginia Tire and auto is very focused on customer service. They provide regular trainings in order for the workers to provide top quality customer service. I learned about providing extraordinary customer service, as well as providing a quality product or service.
Pros
Discounted services, Comfortable houurs
Cons
Stressful, Short Breaks
Customer Service Focus
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAApril 28, 2017
Two shifts typically, early morning to the afternoon/night shift. It can get very busy and overwhelming so having some knowledge of vehicles and customer service is very helpful. Service sales can get pretty stressful so be prepared to not take things personally. Morning shift is pretty nice because you can get out at 2pm.
Some great people but poorly run
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMarch 31, 2017
I worked with some very nice people here but the company as a whole is completely out of sync. Each store has different rules and half of the time, they aren't the company's rules. If you do one thing wrong because someone didn't teach you to do it, you get correctly very rudely. My manager used to watch us like a hawk and it actually gave me paranoia to the point I ended up quiting. If you manage to get a great manager and team, then it's worth it.
Pros
Great compensation, great people
Cons
Poorly run, no communication between stores, bad management
Great Place To Work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMarch 30, 2017
I can't think of many negative things to say about this company, the pay is fair, people are friendly, management listens and genuinely cares about the employees. I've worked a lot of places in the automotive industry and I can truly say this is by far the best run company that I've encountered in this business.
Pros
Competitive Compensation and Top Notch Management
Cons
Open Late
Your performance is rewarded here.
Manager (Current Employee) –  South Riding, VAJanuary 18, 2017
Never the same routine when you deal with all makes and models of vehicles as well as the customer experience. I have learned many skills from training, management, and associates alike to be where I am today in the company. My fellow associates are professional, genuine, attentive, and forward thinking. This creates an environment that is good for the customer, the associates, and the company. The hardest part of the job is that it is fast paced and the customer's can be demanding at times. What I enjoy most is that each employee has the support from managers to succeed while the company provides the tools and training to go along with the managers support.
Pros
Paid Holidays, opportunity for promotion, family owned
Cons
No locations in Florida to transfer to.
fun place and great events
Technician (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJanuary 11, 2017
there are so many events that they have and do and give out prizes to everyone. the company has good staff and employees as well.
Long Term Career with advancement
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAJanuary 10, 2017
Started off with little automotive knowledge and some customer service skills. Virginia Tire has provided me with training to become a service manager. We set goals and achieve them
Pros
training provided, work and live in you r own community
great job awesome people
General Service Technician (Current Employee) –  one loudounJanuary 6, 2017
its a great company to work for and a friendly environment.you can move up quick in the company as long as you show passion and effort.great place ive been here almost 3 years and its the best job with great pay and great hours
Pros
expand your education for love of cars great people opportunity to grow and excel in the company
Cons
short breaks sometimes
walking through desert without water
technician (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VANovember 20, 2016
I asked to be off on my mothers birthday////the main store manager said ok/// the ceo said no/////hard to believe but true the store manager is very nice and honest man but the ceo is shifty for most employees they make life difficult so they dont have to pay your vacation///////they try and get rid of you by ten eleven months the store manger looks so grievedbut not the ceo/////he makes alot of money on those unused vacations! you wont make much money here dont waste your time//////
Pros
manager
Cons
derogatory remarks and lies from service writers
not good
Technician (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAOctober 25, 2016
dont work here. its like a japanese torture camp. favoritism no work you have to check out every oil change in hopes of getting a a paying job, the main manager not ceo is nice.
Fast paced, non-stop, fun staff, and lots of typing
Sales Associate and Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VAApril 11, 2016
As a front counter sales associate at Virginia Tire and Auto, I've heard nearly every story one could think of that would get you stranded on the side of the road. My position part time during school also lent me to significant alterations of my initial work requirements. One day I would be shuttling customers to and from the store, the next I would be in the bays doing the actual maintenance on the cars myself.

It's a position that takes a lot of flexibility and creativity. Sometimes products won't arrive on time, some times you have to tell a customer that there is a significant difference between what they owe and what they think they owe when finishing a commissioned task. This line of work requires patience, constant attention to detail, and complex problem solving beyond asking for a manager.
Pros
Free lunch on Sundays, access to auto repair equipment
Cons
No designated breaks, potentially traumatized customers
Productive fun workplace
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 21, 2016
This was a very productive and fun work environment. I learned a lot working with this company and was able to discover that I actually love to work with my hands.
Has possibilities
Master Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAFebruary 27, 2015
Recent change in Corporate Management has left everyone unsettled and changes in company culture. Not quite the same place to work at that it was.
Lots of growth
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 6, 2013
Owner is very focsed and dedicated to his people and is still going to every store every day.