State of the art Auto Transport Company based in West Warwick, RI. is seeking an individual to oversee fleet maintenance. This candidate should be self-motivated, organized, and have general computer skills. This position calls for an individual who takes pride in their work and is very reliable.
We provide a great work environment and promote TEAMWORK throughout our company. This is a full time position and may require more than 40 hours per week including some weekend work. We also offer health and dental benefits, paid life insurance policy, vacation pay, 401 K and a professional office with modern amenities.
If you want to be challenged daily and be a part of a team that promotes complete professionalism to both our clients and our team of drivers, then work for Virginia Transportation Corporation, a leading name in the Auto Transport Industry for over 18 years!
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Performing scheduled checks on all of the transport trailer vehicles.
- Ensuring regular servicing and maintenance of all trucks of the establishment.
- Maintaining a service and maintenance record of all vehicles.
- Assigning work areas and tasks to subordinates and ensuring the timely completion of the same.
- Coordinating with the purchase department for spare parts and other repair equipment.
- Complying with all safety norms and industry regulations for all work processes.
- Ensuring the appropriate usage and handling of testing tools and repair equipment.
- Continuous develop and improvement on maintenance program for budgeting by forecasting expenses and recording the resulting information accordingly.
- Coordinate equipment and repair facilities availability to provide services (e.g., vehicle mechanical inspections, mechanical repairs, technical expertise, etc.).
- Review and audit equipment maintenance invoices to ensure that proper maintenance was performed.
- Review charges for equipment repairs according to the terms of new and extended service warranties, in order to receive full benefit of the warranties and reduce costs to the Department.
- Respond to inquiries and complaints from drivers in regards to repair facilities.
Skills and Specifications
- Should have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines.
- General knowledge 2012 and 2013 tractors and Cottrell head racks and trailers.
- Auto hauling background and or experience
- Should understand and efficiently complete all delegated tasks.
Indeed - 10 months ago