Virginia Union University

Virginia Union University Employer Reviews

Productive and spontaneous
Maintenance Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 7, 2014
A typical day at work will consist of doing numerous tasks on the Virginia union campus. For example organizing the dorms for in coming freshman or mowing the grass of the university.
good expericene
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 22, 2014
Encouraged self-awareness and personal accountability amongst the residents, promoted diversity in their residence halls, facilitated the development of both awareness and tolerance among the students who reside in the residence hall, created a safe and healthy environment for all residents, enforced community standards: such as quiet hours and alcohol & drug policies, provided conflict resolution between residents demonstrative strong leadership and problem solving skills, and communicated well with a diverse group of people. Also, performed other duties as assigned.
Office Life Rules
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 31, 2014
I have never had an easier job. Even though I was only participating in a student work study program, I loved the roles and responsibilities I was given. I loved being able to assist my fellow students as well as answer questions that may not have been widely known.
Productive and Fun place to work
Office Support (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: like the people i work with
Cons: pay was not great
• Prepared, type and routed correspondence, reports and organizing and maintaining files;
• Greet visitors and handling telephone communications;
• Performing other various clerical duties
Good Diverse Work Environment
Dean's List - Freshman thru Senior year (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 21, 2014
I learned there are many avenues to gain information. The university was a great motivation to be successful.
Virginia Union University Review
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 11, 2014
Virginia Union University was one of the worst employers I have worked for. The compensation and benefits were horrible, The moral of the employees was depressing and there was no future growth within the organization.
Good Employer
Library Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 28, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: could hire more students
A typical work day consist of working with students, teachers and staff. The work is primary administrative but not limited to motivating students, moving books and teaching professors recent technology. The management team is very supportive and majority of your work is independent. This is a great part time job.
Great staff and faculty
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: working with students.
Cons: once a month pay period
A rewarding place to work. Working with students and witnessing their achievements.
fun place to work
Four D Basket Ball Camp Volunteer (Former Employee), Richmond, VANovember 18, 2013
Pros: free lunch, able to play basketball
Cons: hot, bad kids
it was a fun place to work at because i was able to play basketball anytime i wanted too.
A great way to receive experience before graduating college
Accounting Intern (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 25, 2013
Pros: i had 2 years accounting experience before i graduated undergrad
Cons: the amount of hrs i worked
A typical day of work consist of answering the telephone, accepting and recording payments, organizing files and paperwork. i learned a great deal of hands on accounting and putting some of what i learned in class to work. I liked the management because they allowed me to grow and learn new things everyday. I loved my co-workers they treated me as equal and not as less than them because i was still in school. the hardest part would have to be the hours (not enough). The most enjoyable part would have to be actually interracting with people in person rather than over the phone.
Learn as you go environment
Progam Assistant (Former Employee), Union, VAOctober 16, 2013
Pros: free football games!!!!
Cons: no benefits, no professional training, no room for advancement
Nice place to work. Not much room for advancement and there are no benefits. Continuous educational is non existent and no training is provided.
Educational, quite, technical, and active work place
Computer Technician/Internship (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 5, 2013
The Information Technology Center provides a wide range of technology services to VUU students, faculty and staff. They include campus telephone services; the network infrastructure; computer, telephone, e-mail and walk-in support; ethernet access in student residence halls; campus wireless access; e-mail services; and several other services.
Managing the office and interfacing with students
Administrative Assistant . (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 10, 2013
Pros: free banquets, having to be able to work without supervision
Cons: supervisor under pressure not able to communicate in a congenial manner
Answering heavy phones, inhouse and outside. Communicating with all types of persons in the community and interfacing with community leaders, i.e. political representatives, city representatives, school principals, etc. The most difficualt part of my job was maintain a spreadsheet with more than 500 scholarship students' names and their community service hours and special event hours, compiling information from other log sheets into main document. Most enjoyable part of my job was assist with hosting galas, banquets, commencement, football games and especially, giving students their award certificate of their hours.
helping taking care of students athletes
Assistant Certified Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 25, 2013
• Supervises the care of student athletes competing in the University’s athletic program.
• Managed the responsible for the prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation of injuries within the University’s comprehensive sports medicine program.
Great Work place
Residence Hall Director (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 12, 2013
I enjoyed the people at Virginia Union. Union encourgaes its staff to further education. Promote professional development.
Work study position
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 11, 2013
A very chill, relaxed and benefical enviorment to be employeed at. i worked as a work study student at the time I was a student there and absolutely loved it!
Fast pace environment with minimum staff
Comptroller (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 22, 2013
Reviewing work of direct reports-Accounting, Receivables, A/P, Payroll departments
Review/analyze cash/cash management
Implementing policies and procedures
Group Leader/ Supervisor
Summer Bridge Program-Group Leader (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 20, 2013
See Attached Resume for more details. To sum things up, it was fun and a great opportunity for me to expand upon my managerial skills.
Sports
Statistician (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 15, 2013
Statistics (STATCREW) Men Football, Men and Women Basketball.
Virginia Union University
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Union, VAApril 19, 2013
Pros: enjoyable working environment
Cons: low pay
At Virginia Union we assisted with fixing, troubleshooting, and rebooting students laptops. Any problem that students will have with their personal pc's. They would come to the IT help center and we would do our best to fix the solution.