Virginia Union University Employee Reviews in United States

none given at this time
n/a (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 29, 2016
Too much to write about, great start to a person's career if they are looking for experience and not pay. Family/ work balance is good.
Career Development Enhanced
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 7, 2016
Working at Virginia Union University allowed me to cross train in various areas of Student Affairs, which was very valuable when deciding which area I wanted to focus my education and career development.
Quite community of faith
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Union, VAFebruary 18, 2016
Great place to enhance spiritual knowledge and wonderful to assist students in their spiritual walk. Work is seasonal and not as fast past I thought it would be; however I have found a sense of peace and not carrying home extra stress.
Very Rewarding Place to Work, Work doesn't feel like Work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 4, 2016
Virginia Union University is a premier Liberal Arts Institution. During my time there I was able to organize and emplement fun and innovative ways to convey the principles of success in the workforce. This is just one of the many challenges that kept me on my toes. The most rewarding thing about working at VUU is knowing that you helped young inexperienced people gain experience through internships and learn to navigate through the complexities of self-marketing and vying for gainful employment.
Pros
energetic and rewarding work environment and the best employee cafeteria food
Cons
times during school year in which the workload can be overwhelming
Loving environment
Grant Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 10, 2015
Productive and fun place to work. I learned something new and informative everyday. All the employees were very nice and everyone got along well with each other. Management was amazing, very loving and trustworthy.
Fun workplace
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Union, VAOctober 7, 2015
Typical workday included answering phones, filing papers, data entry, etc. There really isn't anything hard about this job because you basically have fun while you work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 6, 2015
Very productive work environment. Constantly busy throughout the day. I had the opportunity to work there I again I would not hesitate to take it.
New Position
Title IX Program Coordinator/Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Union, VAJuly 28, 2015
Implementation of New VA Campus Misconduct Laws is challenging. I am looking forward to more guidance from OCR and the Virginia legislature
Educational experience
Lead Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 28, 2015
Its a place where you can grow within yourself but also you campus community.
You are considered a leader on your campus throughout your time there.
Excellent environment
Program manager/Career Counselor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 14, 2015
Outstanding, professional situations exist and environment lends to excellent working relationships. There is an enormous amount of professionalism being exhibited on a continual basis.
Pros
Excellent parking
Cons
Minimal parking available during events
Great and productive first job
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 13, 2015
As a freshman that received this job through work study, working in the Office for Undergraduate Studies was a great first job experience. A typical day there would be coming in after coming out of class, punching in, going to the campus' mailbox for the staff, and filing away student transfer forms. The supervisor I worked for was one of the best and she assisted me in making sure that I was doing my job correctly.
Great work place
Telecommunications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Union, VAJanuary 6, 2015
great place to work love it here co workers are great campus is great bosses are great .Everyone is working toward a common goal. Great employee cafeteria .ten paid days off during the Christmas holiday when the school is closed
Productive and spontaneous
Maintenance Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 7, 2014
A typical day at work will consist of doing numerous tasks on the Virginia union campus. For example organizing the dorms for in coming freshman or mowing the grass of the university.
good expericene
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 22, 2014
Encouraged self-awareness and personal accountability amongst the residents, promoted diversity in their residence halls, facilitated the development of both awareness and tolerance among the students who reside in the residence hall, created a safe and healthy environment for all residents, enforced community standards: such as quiet hours and alcohol & drug policies, provided conflict resolution between residents demonstrative strong leadership and problem solving skills, and communicated well with a diverse group of people. Also, performed other duties as assigned.
Office Life Rules
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 31, 2014
I have never had an easier job. Even though I was only participating in a student work study program, I loved the roles and responsibilities I was given. I loved being able to assist my fellow students as well as answer questions that may not have been widely known.
Productive and Fun place to work
Office Support (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 25, 2014
• Prepared, type and routed correspondence, reports and organizing and maintaining files;
• Greet visitors and handling telephone communications;
• Performing other various clerical duties
Pros
like the people i work with
Cons
pay was not great
Good Diverse Work Environment
Dean's List - Freshman thru Senior year (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 21, 2014
I learned there are many avenues to gain information. The university was a great motivation to be successful.
Virginia Union University Review
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 11, 2014
Virginia Union University was one of the worst employers I have worked for. The compensation and benefits were horrible, The moral of the employees was depressing and there was no future growth within the organization.
Good Employer
Library Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 28, 2014
A typical work day consist of working with students, teachers and staff. The work is primary administrative but not limited to motivating students, moving books and teaching professors recent technology. The management team is very supportive and majority of your work is independent. This is a great part time job.
Pros
great hours
Cons
could hire more students
Great staff and faculty
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 1, 2014
A rewarding place to work. Working with students and witnessing their achievements.
Pros
working with students.
Cons
once a month pay period

Virginia Union University Reviews by Location