Virtua Employee Reviews

Stay clear of the Virtua Doctors offices
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Medford, NJDecember 14, 2015
I used to think Virtua was the place to work, but that is no longer the case. The problem is I can't find a job making the same salary at this point, so I am forced to stay there. However, the management of the Virtua offices is terrible. They do not listen to their employees. They talk about these values but they do not take them seriously. We are told to smile and say hello to the patients, however, when an administrator walks into the office, they do not say hi, they NEVER smile, they do not even know our names. Virtual Medical Group only cares about the numbers. They do not care about their staff. They try to look good on the outside, but the employees see things so differently. I have never seen a healthcare industry that treats their employees so badly. They do not care how we feel. They get their paychecks and look good, but could care less if we are ok, if we enjoy our jobs or if we are treated correctly. I would do anything to get out of here, but it is hard to find work now adays.
Pros
The benefits are good
Cons
Management could care less about how their employees feel, the values are a thing of the past
I worked for Virtua for 24 yrs and was very happy.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Berlin, NJDecember 14, 2015
I loved my time at Virtua but now I am looking for per-diem or part-time. I was given many opportunities to try different departments until found what suited me. I worked in almost every department except ED,ICU, PEDS<MATERNAL CHILD HEALCTH. I did per-diem supervisor on 11p to 7a shift. I loved moving around. I don't mind change as long as you are learning something new. VCirtua always gave me those opportunities.
Pros
they treated staff well with holiday lunches, bonus at christmas etc
Cons
I really can't think of one bad or negative thing to say about VCirtua
Great Place to work
Patient Navigator (Current Employee) –  Voorhees NJNovember 5, 2015
My job was absolutely awesome because I was constantly doing something different. I even got the chance to help the CEO with her clients.
Pros
Loved my job and we had fridays off in the summer
Cons
Low Pay
Great people to work with and wonderful families to know
Lead Clerical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJSeptember 30, 2015
I absolutly loved working for Virtua Rehabiltion Center. I was the first and last face evryone saw and kept a smile on my face and in my heart and many emotions filled the lobby each day. The patients and my co workers kept it lively an it seemed to be one happy family. The hardest part of my job was seeing people pass on and seeing families hurting. However, it was a very fulfilling postion.
Pros
very face paced and great people
A great employee oriented company
EVS Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJSeptember 20, 2015
A typical day at the hospital could be very busy. Everyday we were taught the importance of being a responsible employee and great customer service skills. Virtua is excellent with teaching and learning. They equip all of their employees to succeed. Our environmental management team was good but a little slow with dealing with staff related issues. Most of my co-workers were great people. Although I was a Supervisor I enjoyed working with the staff to get the job done. The hardest part of my job were the days/nights we had an overload in the ED Department and we had to get the dirty rooms cleaned fast for the new admissions and make sure all areas of the building were up to par for each individual shift - however, I wouldn't change a thing about it. I loved the challenge.
Pros
Virtua pays for education, healthcare, eye care, and dental insurance, earned PTO time, they are very good to their employees, it is the BEST placed that I've ever worked.
Cons
NO CONS
Past paced data driven organization
Branch Manager Home Care (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJSeptember 7, 2015
Ability to manage multiple projects to achieve high outcomes. Caring culture to encourage longevity. Utilization of six sigma process to create positive change. Patient centered care,
Great Place to work
Health Information Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Voorhees NJJuly 21, 2015
Ive been at this company for the last 15 years. ITs a great company with great benefits. All of my coworkers are great. we all get along well
Pros
benefits, schedule flexability
Cons
Pay
Very Busy, but i enjoy working there
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, New JerseyJune 22, 2015
Most of the day very busy. I've learned how to manage and organize my day.
I enjoy working with my co workers, some days are very busy and stressful.
The hardest part of my job is getting admissions, when its time to go home. I do not like leaving work on my co workers.
Pros
Reduce lunch, 12 hour shift, every third week end
Cons
1/2 break
Nice Facility
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJMay 29, 2015
Nice facility to work at. The hospital in Voorhees is beautiful inside. The cafeteria food is great and the atmosphere is peaceful.
Great work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJMay 13, 2015
Opened in morning prepped rooms for patients
email and phone calls to patients and workmen comp case managers
communicated with HR regarding up coming employee orientation clearances
Management very task oriented and respectful

good communication, worked well and close with all co-workers

most enjoyable part of job was patients and care that was provided
for them to heal properly
Pros
great benefits caring and understanding
Forward and progressive company to work for.
Nurse Manager Labor & Delivery (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJMay 12, 2015
This health system was caring, fair and consistent with raises and promotions. They encouraged education and had a wonderful incentive program that paid for the continuing education.
Great team atmopshere
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJApril 16, 2015
Rewarding career for a recruiter who can handle high volume. Family environment and a phenomenal leader in Talent Acquisition.
Nice place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Beautiful Office, great cafeteria, very nice staff. Very busy place to work, your day is over before you know it.

High turnover rate in my department.
Pros
free bagels, lunch and pretzles
Going downhill
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJFebruary 18, 2015
Department management is petty and unskilled at managing. They are more reactive than proactive. Need to treat us like professionals that we are.
Pleasant work environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJanuary 8, 2015
Safe and fair work environment. Staff was pleasant and comfortable to work with. Training was readily available.
Pros
close to home
Cons
rate of pay
sucks. management sucks
rn (Former Employee) –  voorheesDecember 10, 2014
Nurses are great but understaffed. Pcts are understaffed. Management have no idea what is goin on. They throw you under the bus if they dont like you. They heavily practice favoritism.
Pros
pay
Cons
management..coworkers...backstabbers
All Around Bad Experience
Floor Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJNovember 5, 2014
A typical day at Virtua included being wildly understaffed and ran by four managers, a head manager, and unit secretary who would consistently over-load my daily work orders, so much as to not be able to complete my assigned daily duties, to then be reprimanded. Gross incompetence on behalf of management. Nasty co-workers and culture. Plus despite my loyalty and hard work (under such poor management), after a year I was fired after another employee screamed at me in a hallway, although I was fired for this 'altercation' the aggressor was not.
Very low salary
Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJOctober 23, 2014
The equipment and work is steady and you have the tools you need to do your job. However there is no room for growth, little faith in the working staff from management. The schedule is horrible with limited vacation approved and no flexibility. The patient dynamic you have is vast from inner city or rural farm land. You can have a day that is extremely lazy or a day that you are so busy you cannot catch up on documentation or restocking of supplies.
Pros
educational experiences, co-workers
Cons
lack of leadership, lack of advancement, lack of salary
Community health system
Assistant Vice President, Oncology (Former Employee) –  Marlton NJSeptember 22, 2014
Within a unique work environment, supportive managers, able to growth
Stay away
Virtua Pool / Temporary (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJSeptember 16, 2014
Very stressful! Some individuals are great to work with. They do not care about there employees, no incentive, just trying to get through school, then on to big and better things.
Pros
fun residents
Cons
no breaks, stress