Virtua

Virtua Employee Reviews

Very Busy, but i enjoy working there
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Voorhees, New JerseyJune 22, 2015
Pros: Reduce lunch, 12 hour shift, every third week end
Cons: 1/2 break
Most of the day very busy. I've learned how to manage and organize my day.
I enjoy working with my co workers, some days are very busy and stressful.
The hardest part of my job is getting admissions, when its time to go home. I do not like leaving work on my co workers.
Nice Facility
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Voorhees, NJMay 29, 2015
Nice facility to work at. The hospital in Voorhees is beautiful inside. The cafeteria food is great and the atmosphere is peaceful.
Great work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Mount Holly, NJMay 13, 2015
Pros: great benefits caring and understanding
Opened in morning prepped rooms for patients
email and phone calls to patients and workmen comp case managers
communicated with HR regarding up coming employee orientation clearances
Management very task oriented and respectful

good communication, worked well and close with all co-workers

most enjoyable part of job was patients and care that was provided
for them to heal properly
Forward and progressive company to work for.
Nurse Manager Labor & Delivery (Former Employee), Voorhees, NJMay 12, 2015
This health system was caring, fair and consistent with raises and promotions. They encouraged education and had a wonderful incentive program that paid for the continuing education.
Great team atmopshere
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee), Mount Laurel, NJApril 16, 2015
Rewarding career for a recruiter who can handle high volume. Family environment and a phenomenal leader in Talent Acquisition.
Nice place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee), Voorhees, NJFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: free bagels, lunch and pretzles
Beautiful Office, great cafeteria, very nice staff. Very busy place to work, your day is over before you know it.

High turnover rate in my department.
Going downhill
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee), Voorhees, NJFebruary 18, 2015
Department management is petty and unskilled at managing. They are more reactive than proactive. Need to treat us like professionals that we are.
Pleasant work environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Voorhees, NJJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: rate of pay
Safe and fair work environment. Staff was pleasant and comfortable to work with. Training was readily available.
sucks. management sucks
rn (Former Employee), voorheesDecember 10, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management..coworkers...backstabbers
Nurses are great but understaffed. Pcts are understaffed. Management have no idea what is goin on. They throw you under the bus if they dont like you. They heavily practice favoritism.
All Around Bad Experience
Floor Project Specialist (Former Employee), Voorhees, NJNovember 5, 2014
A typical day at Virtua included being wildly understaffed and ran by four managers, a head manager, and unit secretary who would consistently over-load my daily work orders, so much as to not be able to complete my assigned daily duties, to then be reprimanded. Gross incompetence on behalf of management. Nasty co-workers and culture. Plus despite my loyalty and hard work (under such poor management), after a year I was fired after another employee screamed at me in a hallway, although I was fired for this 'altercation' the aggressor was not.
Very low salary
Mobile Intensive Care Paramedic (Current Employee), Mount Laurel, NJOctober 23, 2014
Pros: educational experiences, co-workers
Cons: lack of leadership, lack of advancement, lack of salary
The equipment and work is steady and you have the tools you need to do your job. However there is no room for growth, little faith in the working staff from management. The schedule is horrible with limited vacation approved and no flexibility. The patient dynamic you have is vast from inner city or rural farm land. You can have a day that is extremely lazy or a day that you are so busy you cannot catch up on documentation or restocking of supplies.
Community health system
Assistant Vice President, Oncology (Former Employee), Marlton NJSeptember 22, 2014
Within a unique work environment, supportive managers, able to growth
Stay away
Virtua Pool / Temporary (Current Employee), Marlton, NJSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: fun residents
Cons: no breaks, stress
Very stressful! Some individuals are great to work with. They do not care about there employees, no incentive, just trying to get through school, then on to big and better things.
Rated "Best Place to Work"
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Marlton, NJSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: matching uniforms
Being a part of the Virtua team for over four years has truly been a great experience. I have been able to learn many skills and work in varying environments. I have learned much about myself, inlcuding my strengths and weaknesses. Management and my co-workers have become a strong team and people I truly enjoy being around. The hardest part of my job is losing a patient I have grown attached to. The most enjoyable part of the job has been forming close bonds with my co-workers and working with people I consider "family".
Fun Work place
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), Marlton, NJSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: if you pick up a shift last minute free pass at the cafeteria
Cons: not enough people working in lab
They train you very well at the lab. Everyone is friendly. early hours like 5 am so you can leave and get home early.
Parking a different lot on weekdays, makes it hard if you are late because a shuttle has to bring you to the main campus,
Job is rewarding
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Voorhees, NJSeptember 4, 2014
Great to learn pediatric care and neonatal care.
Patients are friendly and so is much of the staff. Some management needs to be of better quality however.
Best job I ever had, i grew with the company!
Supervisor Support Services (Former Employee), Mount Holly, NJAugust 28, 2014
Supervisor Distribution/Receiving 10 years, Patient Satisfaction Ambassador, Employee Activities Chairperson, Complete control of all general supplies used and ordered. Hire, train, coach, counsel, continued education, receipt verification/reconcilliation, create purchase orders, invoice matching, filing, mail services
Former employee
Former employee (Former Employee), Martlon, NJJuly 26, 2014
Pros: competitive salary
Cons: they are unprofessional and hr is never available
I really wanted to love this place. They promised a lot when they hired you and then when you started, those guarantees were non-existent. They only gave you a half-hour for lunch and you strongly discouraged form leaving the building. Virtua said they encouraged new ideas, but they really wanted people to drink the kool-aid. All in all, it was a great learning experience of how not to treat people.
Hospital
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Marlton, NJJuly 23, 2014
Non-profit hospital organization located in South Jersey
Excellent team approach.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee), Marlton, NJMay 17, 2014
Pros: caring co workers
Cons: not any pro active feed back
Great employee commitment to desired patient outcomes......

1 2 3

About Virtua

Virtua Health is a multi-hospital healthcare system headquartered in Marlton, NJ. Its mission is to deliver a world class patient – Read more

Virtua Salaries