Virtua Employee Reviews

Its a place that should have a lot of career potential, but falls short.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJNovember 30, 2016
Initially I had a very positive view of Virtua. It was a place where I thought I could have a career and advance. I was soon given authority to supervise others and more responsibility. I quickly realized that advancement was impossible because Virtua contracts with an outside company for management. I also became disillusioned because new hires were making more money than me, even though I was supervising them. I eventually decided to leave because management was not being supportive nor giving me the tools I needed to succeed. Human resources also did little to resolve the situations. I know this is not true with every department, but it was the unfortunate truth with my department.
Cons
Very Hard Work Days, Poor Compensation, No Advancement Opportunity
horrible place to work
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Mt. Holly, NJDecember 2, 2016
I was excited to be part of this company. The management is horrible. I was overloaded with other people work. My manager threatened and intimidated me badly. Human resources did nothing
benefits
Cons
everything
Great people
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJSeptember 9, 2016
Great place to work with great people, caring culture. Great place to work with excellent benefits & work/life balance.
Excellent employer, cares about their employees, encourages their employees to excel in their field
Home care nurse (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 3, 2016
I was an admission nurse in the home health care field . I would meet patients in their homes the day after they came home from the hospital and set up their plan of care .I am proficient in oasis data , and have been the preceptor of other nurses in every job I have had.
My co-workers were professional and easy to work with, besides meetings and educational sessions we communicated by e-mail, text, and telephone mostly.

Management encouraged us to reach our highest potential and were supportive of higher education.
The hardest part of the job when the computer system was down and we couldn't obtain information we needed about our patients.
The best part of my job was always giving 100%. I enjoyed the time educating and treating patients in their home ,bridging the gap from the hospital to home,.
Pros
Continuing education was encouraged
Cons
Computer system not working at times
productive and educational place to work
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJanuary 18, 2017
I worked at virtua for over 25 years and enjoyed going to work. Had many co-worked who had worked the same if not more years. It seemed like a family.
Pros
room for advancement
Great staff
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJDecember 20, 2016
The staff is very welcoming. Everyone is helpful and there when you need something. The work atmosphere is great. Fun and easy place to work
Pros
Staff
Cons
Virtua is a decent place to work
Patient Access Registrar (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJMay 21, 2016
Virtua is a growing company thats making a name for themselves, the pay is somewhat competetive compared to other hospitals in the area. Turn over rate is pretty high, I think virtua is great place to start and get some experience.
Pros
great experience, people, growth
Cons
non competetive pay, subpar benifits, management
Great job for beginners, and newly highschool graduates
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJOctober 18, 2016
Great job when you're younger and trying to work and do school, pay is mediocre, and management is Okay. Not a great job if you have a family and kids.
Nice place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJMay 2, 2016
Nice place to work, good benefits. In the work environment you meet some great nurses, and nice people. I look forward to continuing my nursing career with Viruta Health
Pros
nice work environment
Cons
very busy
A day at Virtua
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJAugust 14, 2016
A typical day at work for me consist of setting up the room for the upcoming operating room cases. I learn the preferences of the different nurses and physicians. My co-workers and I take a team approach and we make the day go as smooth as possible. Our managers demonstrate trust in us by giving us autonomy to carry out the job. Interacting with the patients is the most satisfying part of the job. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unforeseen events.
Pros
A pleasant work environment
Cons
Equipment shortages
excellent benefits
RN (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJJanuary 4, 2017
I enjoy bedside nursing I work well with my coworkers.I have learned to have patience with family members after caring for my own father,The hardest part of my job is the paperwork.
Productive, fun, and family oriented work place.
Registrar/patient transportation (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 24, 2016
I love working for Virtua. everyone treats you like family and there is always positive vibes. Whenever you're having a bad, you're coworkers will always see that your day gets better.
Pros
free lunch, flexible hours, great benefits
Cons
I can hardley think of any
productive and fun place to work
R.N. Case Manager for Home Care (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJDecember 15, 2016
Visited 6 or more patients a day. Taught and helped with every aspect of their care including wound care and blood draws.Most enjoyable part of the job was teaching and finishing the work started in the hospital.
Stay clear of the Virtua Doctors offices
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Medford, NJDecember 14, 2015
I used to think Virtua was the place to work, but that is no longer the case. The problem is I can't find a job making the same salary at this point, so I am forced to stay there. However, the management of the Virtua offices is terrible. They do not listen to their employees. They talk about these values but they do not take them seriously. We are told to smile and say hello to the patients, however, when an administrator walks into the office, they do not say hi, they NEVER smile, they do not even know our names. Virtual Medical Group only cares about the numbers. They do not care about their staff. They try to look good on the outside, but the employees see things so differently. I have never seen a healthcare industry that treats their employees so badly. They do not care how we feel. They get their paychecks and look good, but could care less if we are ok, if we enjoy our jobs or if we are treated correctly. I would do anything to get out of here, but it is hard to find work now adays.
Pros
The benefits are good
Cons
Management could care less about how their employees feel, the values are a thing of the past
a very nice place to work.
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJanuary 26, 2017
I give them the highest ratings there are. They take very good care of their employers. an awesome place to work. They also hire those that you refer.
Pros
great hospitality
Cons
i have no cons.
Worst place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 10, 2017
Do not work there -- they do not care about their nurses!-- most of the floors are short staffed, they only care about pressgainey scores-- do not care about work environment --- Will NEVER get Magent
Great "Family Type" atmosphere with fellow staff
CHT / Certified Hyperbaric Technician (Current Employee) –  Berlin, NJJune 6, 2016
I began my career with this health system and I am currently still employed with them.
I was introduced to my field of expertise here back in 2006 and will always be greatful for the opportunity to work and train with some of the best in the industry.
Half and half
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 27, 2016
Loved my job loved the company did not like the office. No team work. Cross trained.phones,appointments,referrals,emr,scanning,filing,copy,mail,also dealt with patients. Hippa compliance knowledge
Pros
Free lunch
Great company, productive place to work
Support Services Asst (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJMay 19, 2016
A great, very efficient company whose goals are to provide outstanding customer service to all patients and employees. There isn't a typical work day because a lot changes daily through operations but the overall goal is the same throughout.
Pros
Outstanding benefits
Its a job at the end of the day
Environmental Service Worker/Dietary Sanitation (Current Employee) –  Berlin, NJ 08009May 21, 2016
Personally, not much of a fan of pot washing, but its honest work. The people are very nice and don't tend to bother you when your hard at work. Overall, its a paycheck at the end of the day.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Cons
short breaks, minimum benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virtua. Our community is ready to answer.