Virtua Employee Reviews

Virtua
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJNovember 3, 2017
It's a great place to work with excellent benefits. Must be able to handle a face paced environment. I learned different computer system and how to apply their philosophy to my every day life
Wonderful place to work and the best employees and staff
Desk Clerk / Patient (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJOctober 29, 2017
Working for Virtua has been an amazing experience. It is a very positive helpful atmosphere. Virtually every person and coworker has always been extremely helpful and truly caring for the patients visitors fellow employees and Virtua itself . We all take pride in working there.
Pros
So many benefits, room for advancement and furthering your education
Falling apart
RN (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJOctober 27, 2017
There is no loyalty, very punitive, no job security -everyone is expendable. Always cutting staff but the census stays the same so do more with less!
Pros
Pto
Cons
Always short staffed
Can be better. Virtua is not exactly what ppl think!
Medical Records Clerk/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bordentown, NJOctober 24, 2017
We started a new system only received 2 days training. We went live the following month it was overwhelming. We are always short of staff so the manager over work the staff.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
They can let you go whenever they want!
Nice workplace
Pilates Reformer Instructor (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJOctober 22, 2017
I was able to grow the Pilates program:reformer , private sessions .

I could make my own schedule .
I got the freedom to work around my children's school hours.
Cut throat
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJOctober 18, 2017
HR department is the worst to work for. They are cut throat and do not support you in career development. Not sure how the atmosphere is now, as I understand most of the key players have been terminated.
No thank you
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJOctober 2, 2017
Nurses are rude and belittle other staff.
Managers have no idea what they are doing, advance people based on favoritism. Avoid at all cost if possible.
Relaxed but not well cultured
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJSeptember 25, 2017
I learned a lot in my time at Power Wellness but the learning was done on my own from being eager to do so. The flexibility from management was great and the accrued paid time off each pay period was awesome! The culture of the company is much different than Virtua and it shows.
Pros
Accrued paid time off
Cons
The culture of the company
Worked with a great team.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJSeptember 14, 2017
Workday was fast paced and stressful at times. Staff members very supportive of each other. High patient staff ratios at times. Only left due to personal reasons.
Pros
Union
Cons
Off site parking
Very stress gull
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mt. Holly, NJSeptember 13, 2017
Alright place to work. Need more help. Need to treat ancillary staff better. Need better equipment. More computers. Need to treat each other with respect.Ask if anyone needd help.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not enough help

Want to know more about Virtua?

Ask a question
Talented and fun coworkers
Access Center Patient Navigator (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJSeptember 7, 2017
The best part of working for Virtua was my co-workers. Virtua hires the best and they were extremely talented and a lot of fun to work with. The days could be long and very busy but I felt as was making a difference in the workplace culture for other teams and their patients throughout the Virtua system.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
some management types need to go
Good work Environment
Environmental Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJAugust 15, 2017
The job of environmental service associate is not complicated and as long as you can follow basic instructions and time management no one should or does have any problems with mostly folding towels.
Productive and Great Work Environment
Epic Credentialed Trainer/System Testing (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJAugust 11, 2017
Trust in the Staffs, take Pride at what we do, having Joy at what we do and enjoy working with others.
Transperence and open communication.
Give and take.
Work Life Balance.
Pros
Love the work environment
Cons
A fun and enjoyable workplace that makes you feel like family.
E-Learning Developer (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJAugust 10, 2017
Every day I went to work, I looked forward to seeing my friendly and colorful coworkers and thinking of what I would create for Virtua that day. I learned a lot about the healthcare industry and much more about E-Learning development despite my lack of experience in those fields, and with a caring and enjoyable supervisor, I was able to do a lot for the company.
Pros
Positive Culture, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Short breaks
Over worked, under paid, under staffed
House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJAugust 8, 2017
Was hired as per diem, have worked 6 months at full time hours and they still won't give me FT or PT. They expect you to do the work of 2 and 3 people for the pay of less than 1. I'm referring to the EVS department, horrible horrible to work for!!
Not good
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJuly 29, 2017
Managment was horrible took many time to get meeting with supervisors. worked under patient access policy made no sense. Scheduled crazy hours with no regard for sleep example working 7pm-3am and then the same day 3pm-11pm.
Upper management needs work.
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJJuly 20, 2017
A typical day at Virtua assuming all goes well typically isn't that bad. However, due to a recent change of hands of directors in some departments workers feel stressed and under valued. My advice to upper management would be to treat all of your employees with some sense of gratuity. Working in health care is a team effort but is rarely treated as such. Certain department directors favor certain groups of employees over others, and in typical Virtua culture, that should not be tolerated. If employees were treated with the same dignity as our patients, it would not be an issue. However, the run of the mill employee or seemingly less important departments often get overlooked and are treated as sub par.
great place
Electro diagnostic Technician (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJuly 18, 2017
nice place to work. considered this job as a stepping stone into my nursing career. learnt about the EKG, stress tests, interacting with the doctors and patients
Review of Virtua
AR Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 8, 2017
VIrtua cared about their employees and worked hard to show it. Advancement was hard to come by because the caring culture, no one left their positions
Pros
caring culture
Cons
pay
Large Integrated Local Health System
Manager (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJJuly 6, 2017
Overall Virtua is a good place to work. The organization values and invests in its employees and cares about quality and customer service. Virtua is going through some growing pains as it tries to adjust to consumer driven healthcare and providing services that are affordable to the communities it serves.