Virtua Employee Reviews

Great Place
Surgical Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJApril 19, 2017
Great medical coverage at low cost is provided as long as you are willing to use Virtua providers. No day is ever exactly the same. Upper management is visionary and strategic.If one is fortunate enough to work in one of the hospitals, the cafeteria food is tasty and reasonably priced.
Pros
Medical Benefits
Cons
It's all good at Virtua.
Great place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berlin, NJApril 16, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Virtua. Virtua puts its customers first and really work hard to make sure the atmosphere is good for all who are there. they put there customers first and employees and really value its staff. and show appreciation to their staff.
Awful Management
Legal (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJApril 11, 2017
Management has no clue. More concerned with their own power trips than employee growth. HR refuses to address issues. Favoritism is rampant. Never any positive feedback or accolades for accomplishments. Expectations are not communicated yet held against you for your performance. Management does not live the motto Be Well Get Well Stay Well when it comes to employees.
Pros
Access to medical care
Cons
Management, favoritism, poor treatment of employees by current manager
Lab director/ management horrible. Can't retain good employees.
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJApril 9, 2017
Worked for a few years. Competent lab employees leave due to bad management. It's productivity over patient care. Human resource is as corrupt as management. Not a good place to work. Very dirty as a hospital.
Benefits
Cons
Unprofessional management/ lab director
Very busy
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJApril 6, 2017
Paid to get nurses certified but wont pay to certify surgical techs.
Surgeons treat you as part of the team and appreciate what you do and dont look down on you.
Pros
Job security
Utilization Review Specialist LPN (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJMarch 26, 2017
Love my co-workers. Previous manager was great! Caring culture. Salary is good. Great that there is a healthy cafe on site for lunches. Charitible events.
Pros
salary
Cons
Not close to home.
Great and fun place to work
Patient Access Registrar (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJMarch 16, 2017
By working with Virtua I really gained a lot of experience to help me enter the workplace and build a career. Everyone is very friendly and always willing to help.
Management could care less about their nurses!
RN (Former Employee) –  Mt. Holly, NJMarch 7, 2017
The management is so bad. If I could have given negative 100 stars, I would have. They do not respect the hard-working RNs and only care about pleasing customers in order to earn high scores. This is the absolute worst company to work for. They have unfortunately made me regret becoming a nurse. They will ruin your life. Do not apply here.
Pros
Vacation days
Cons
Management, no lunch breaks, no bathroom breaks, being disrespected constantly
great place to work
Labor and Delivery Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJFebruary 23, 2017
there are a lot of opportunities at virtua. the staff is great and we always help each other. I love the patients they are great people
Great learning environment
Field Intern and Resident Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 22, 2017
To examine, identify, stabilize all patient conditions, while building a strong rapport and educating the patient and any persons involved with care of the patient.
Worst place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJFebruary 10, 2017
Do not work there -- they do not care about their nurses!-- most of the floors are short staffed, they only care about pressgainey scores-- do not care about work environment --- Will NEVER get Magent
a very nice place to work.
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJanuary 26, 2017
I give them the highest ratings there are. They take very good care of their employers. an awesome place to work. They also hire those that you refer.
Pros
great hospitality
Cons
i have no cons.
productive and educational place to work
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJanuary 18, 2017
I worked at virtua for over 25 years and enjoyed going to work. Had many co-worked who had worked the same if not more years. It seemed like a family.
Pros
room for advancement
Needs work in the communication department
Front Office Coordinator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Pennsauken, NJJanuary 6, 2017
The communication between office staff and Mgr is horrible. Communication is KEY! Changes need to be made in the front and back of the office before there is burn-out to the employees.
excellent benefits
RN (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJJanuary 4, 2017
I enjoy bedside nursing I work well with my coworkers.I have learned to have patience with family members after caring for my own father,The hardest part of my job is the paperwork.
Great staff
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJDecember 20, 2016
The staff is very welcoming. Everyone is helpful and there when you need something. The work atmosphere is great. Fun and easy place to work
Pros
Staff
Cons
productive and fun place to work
R.N. Case Manager for Home Care (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJDecember 15, 2016
Visited 6 or more patients a day. Taught and helped with every aspect of their care including wound care and blood draws.Most enjoyable part of the job was teaching and finishing the work started in the hospital.
horrible place to work
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Mt. Holly, NJDecember 2, 2016
I was excited to be part of this company. The management is horrible. I was overloaded with other people work. My manager threatened and intimidated me badly. Human resources did nothing
benefits
Cons
everything
Its a place that should have a lot of career potential, but falls short.
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJNovember 30, 2016
Initially I had a very positive view of Virtua. It was a place where I thought I could have a career and advance. I was soon given authority to supervise others and more responsibility. I quickly realized that advancement was impossible because Virtua contracts with an outside company for management. I also became disillusioned because new hires were making more money than me, even though I was supervising them. I eventually decided to leave because management was not being supportive nor giving me the tools I needed to succeed. Human resources also did little to resolve the situations. I know this is not true with every department, but it was the unfortunate truth with my department.
Cons
Very Hard Work Days, Poor Compensation, No Advancement Opportunity
Half and half
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 27, 2016
Loved my job loved the company did not like the office. No team work. Cross trained.phones,appointments,referrals,emr,scanning,filing,copy,mail,also dealt with patients. Hippa compliance knowledge
Pros
Free lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virtua. Our community is ready to answer.