Virtua Employee Reviews in United States

Stay clear of the Virtua Doctors offices
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Medford, NJDecember 14, 2015
I used to think Virtua was the place to work, but that is no longer the case. The problem is I can't find a job making the same salary at this point, so I am forced to stay there. However, the management of the Virtua offices is terrible. They do not listen to their employees. They talk about these values but they do not take them seriously. We are told to smile and say hello to the patients, however, when an administrator walks into the office, they do not say hi, they NEVER smile, they do not even know our names. Virtual Medical Group only cares about the numbers. They do not care about their staff. They try to look good on the outside, but the employees see things so differently. I have never seen a healthcare industry that treats their employees so badly. They do not care how we feel. They get their paychecks and look good, but could care less if we are ok, if we enjoy our jobs or if we are treated correctly. I would do anything to get out of here, but it is hard to find work now adays.
Pros
The benefits are good
Cons
Management could care less about how their employees feel, the values are a thing of the past
Not all it's cracked up to be
staff (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJJanuary 3, 2016
I worked at the rehab center in Mt. Holly and just left there recently. I came to Virtua after having such a great experience at the hospital thinking the rehab center would be the same. It's not. The lack of staff turns into a lack of help which can create safety issues in such a work environment. Unless you're nursing you're not really appreciated for the work you do, and sometimes it felt like we weren't respected for it either. Jobs seemed to be "created" for those who were favored while those looking to transfer never even had the opportunity to apply for anything. And if jobs were posted and in house staff was applying it was sometimes pointless because administration already knew who they were going to hire for that position. Apparently years ago under different management this rehab center was a great place to work for... now..try another facility withing the Virtua community.
Cons
....many
Keep searching..
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJMarch 11, 2016
This company is money hungry. More worried about getting paid then anything else. They tend to hire managers and employees who are uneducated or who do not qualify just to save a buck. Only reason I stayed was because I loved my coworker's.
Benefits
Cons
Understaffed, underpaid, overworked
Excellent employer, cares about their employees, encourages their employees to excel in their field
Home care nurse (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJuly 3, 2016
I was an admission nurse in the home health care field . I would meet patients in their homes the day after they came home from the hospital and set up their plan of care .I am proficient in oasis data , and have been the preceptor of other nurses in every job I have had.
My co-workers were professional and easy to work with, besides meetings and educational sessions we communicated by e-mail, text, and telephone mostly.

Management encouraged us to reach our highest potential and were supportive of higher education.
The hardest part of the job when the computer system was down and we couldn't obtain information we needed about our patients.
The best part of my job was always giving 100%. I enjoyed the time educating and treating patients in their home ,bridging the gap from the hospital to home,.
Pros
Continuing education was encouraged
Cons
Computer system not working at times
A great employee oriented company
EVS Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJSeptember 20, 2015
A typical day at the hospital could be very busy. Everyday we were taught the importance of being a responsible employee and great customer service skills. Virtua is excellent with teaching and learning. They equip all of their employees to succeed. Our environmental management team was good but a little slow with dealing with staff related issues. Most of my co-workers were great people. Although I was a Supervisor I enjoyed working with the staff to get the job done. The hardest part of my job were the days/nights we had an overload in the ED Department and we had to get the dirty rooms cleaned fast for the new admissions and make sure all areas of the building were up to par for each individual shift - however, I wouldn't change a thing about it. I loved the challenge.
Pros
Virtua pays for education, healthcare, eye care, and dental insurance, earned PTO time, they are very good to their employees, it is the BEST placed that I've ever worked.
Cons
NO CONS
Virtua is a decent place to work
Patient Access Registrar (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJMay 21, 2016
Virtua is a growing company thats making a name for themselves, the pay is somewhat competetive compared to other hospitals in the area. Turn over rate is pretty high, I think virtua is great place to start and get some experience.
Pros
great experience, people, growth
Cons
non competetive pay, subpar benifits, management
Productive, fun, and family oriented work place.
Registrar/patient transportation (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJJune 24, 2016
I love working for Virtua. everyone treats you like family and there is always positive vibes. Whenever you're having a bad, you're coworkers will always see that your day gets better.
Pros
free lunch, flexible hours, great benefits
Cons
I can hardley think of any
Great "Family Type" atmosphere with fellow staff
CHT / Certified Hyperbaric Technician (Current Employee) –  Berlin, NJJune 6, 2016
I began my career with this health system and I am currently still employed with them.
I was introduced to my field of expertise here back in 2006 and will always be greatful for the opportunity to work and train with some of the best in the industry.
Great company, productive place to work
Support Services Asst (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJMay 19, 2016
A great, very efficient company whose goals are to provide outstanding customer service to all patients and employees. There isn't a typical work day because a lot changes daily through operations but the overall goal is the same throughout.
Pros
Outstanding benefits
Its a job at the end of the day
Environmental Service Worker/Dietary Sanitation (Current Employee) –  Berlin, NJ 08009May 21, 2016
Personally, not much of a fan of pot washing, but its honest work. The people are very nice and don't tend to bother you when your hard at work. Overall, its a paycheck at the end of the day.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Cons
short breaks, minimum benefits.
Very good hospital to work for
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJMarch 24, 2016
Helping people is a rewarding experience, being able to help restore quality of life, to the elderly or anyone is so important and letting the families of the patients know that, their loves ones are going to be cared for and respected is comforting. I took pride in being a CNA.
I worked for Virtua for 24 yrs and was very happy.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Berlin, NJDecember 14, 2015
I loved my time at Virtua but now I am looking for per-diem or part-time. I was given many opportunities to try different departments until found what suited me. I worked in almost every department except ED,ICU, PEDS<MATERNAL CHILD HEALCTH. I did per-diem supervisor on 11p to 7a shift. I loved moving around. I don't mind change as long as you are learning something new. VCirtua always gave me those opportunities.
Pros
they treated staff well with holiday lunches, bonus at christmas etc
Cons
I really can't think of one bad or negative thing to say about VCirtua
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJApril 7, 2016
Give breathing treatments and help patient's cope with underlying respiratory diseases. Giving patient's maintenance therapy, which helps them breathe better is the best part of my job because I feel like I'm serving a purpose.
Helping, learning, networking
One to One Observer (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJune 13, 2016
Always learn new things about the medical field. Co workers are pleasant. Work 12hr shifts 3 days a week. Hardest part is dealing with difficult patients.
It's ok
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJJune 5, 2016
Not a bad place to get your feet wet but don't plan on staying there to make it your lifelong career. Everyone is miserable, people will throw you under the bus or to the wolves.
Nice place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJMay 2, 2016
Nice place to work, good benefits. In the work environment you meet some great nurses, and nice people. I look forward to continuing my nursing career with Viruta Health
Pros
nice work environment
Cons
very busy
Good place to get hospital experience
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJMarch 18, 2016
A typical day at work consist of preparing your phlebotomy carts, preforming phlebotomy, going around on the floors to draw patients, going to outside facilities to other patients, and logging in specimens in the lab.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJ 08054March 31, 2016
Virtua is a great place to work for those that can be available full-time. My husband is beginning a two year activation and I am unable to dedicate 40 hours a week to them right now.
Great Organization
Radiology Director (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJApril 11, 2016
Virtua is a great organization to work however there would be no advancement for my career path. I would recommend Virtua to any potential candidate.
Great work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJMay 13, 2015
Opened in morning prepped rooms for patients
email and phone calls to patients and workmen comp case managers
communicated with HR regarding up coming employee orientation clearances
Management very task oriented and respectful

good communication, worked well and close with all co-workers

most enjoyable part of job was patients and care that was provided
for them to heal properly
Pros
great benefits caring and understanding