Virtusa

Virtusa United States Employee Reviews

Strong team ethic
Project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Teams support each other to ensure overall success, creating a positive work environment rather than a competitive one. Good place to work
Productive and fun workplace with a Foosball table and corporate outings
Associate Engineer (Current Employee), Troy, NYFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: foosball table, flexible hours
Cons: poor compensation, poorly managed projects
Virtusa Inc. promotes education and hard work all while making a fun work place. The office is Troy has a foosball table that employees can use as well as many office outings. They also offer discounts on many items. Overall it is a great place to work.
Great work environment
Senior Manager, Strategic Inside Sales-Insurance (Former Employee), Windsor, CTDecember 30, 2014
Excellent company to work for.
Leader in IT Consulting Services.
Benefits from day one.
Felt like an abandoned step child.
SW Engineer (Former Employee), Westborough, MAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good salary.
Cons: horrible place to work.
No communication from Management.
Very secretive review process.
Poor field support.
Sub-standard health care benefits.
Over promises on compensation and bonus, does not deliver.
Diverse personnel solving today's problems
Consultant (Former Employee), Windsor, CTOctober 29, 2013
I was hired to port code from C++ to C#. I got more familiar with the differences between the languages, and how each has strengths which the customer used to solve a problem. My immediate project colleague was remote from me, so we communicated via email, phone, and IM. The hardest part of the job was my reliance on others to make the correct assumption in laying out the effort required. I enjoyed meeting so many people from different countries and cultures.
Great Place to Start the career.
QA Consultant (Former Employee), Westborough, MAApril 3, 2013
Virtusa Corporation (NYSE: VRTU) is a global information technology services company headquartered at Westborough, Massachusetts, USA. The company provides IT Consulting, Business Consulting, Systems Implementation and Application Outsourcing services to large enterprises and software vendors.
Its a growing company which enables us to start the career and go to the higher level. I started as a Engineer and ended in Consultant in just 4 years.
Good place
Manager Delivery (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJOctober 2, 2012
Good place to work. Good colleagues. Challenging projects. Cutting edge technology.
Did not have honest employee communication
North America Sales Executive - Telecommunications (Former Employee), home based in Keller,TXSeptember 10, 2012
Cons: too many internal conflicts
I was hired to sell consulting services into telecommunications clients. Once onboard I found that they did not have any consulting services and their only interest was in software development and getting access to my contacts. I developed one client, Qwest, and sold multiple projects. Do to their lack of consulting experience I had to stay on-site which reduced my opportunity to open new clients. While there I opened oipportunities at AT&T and CenturyTel.
Don't Always Feel Like A Consultant
Business Analyst II (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 9, 2012
Pros: everyone knows each other
Cons: bad management communication
Current project involves process documentation at a bank to make them Dodd-Frank compliant. It involves a lot of writing in Microsoft Word as well as making graphs in Visio.

Projects can be completely different depending on where you are placed/are billable, and travel arrangements can get messy depending on the budget of the client.

A lot of the time you don't feel like a consultant, especially in my case where I have only traveled for 1 week so far, the rest of the time being in the home office with the rest of the unbillable bench.
Very diverse company, great advancement
ECM PROJECT MANAGER/ASSOCIATE ARCHITECT (Current Employee), East Coast/USAJune 21, 2012
Pros: benefits, & training
Cons: travel/accommodations
Most work is onsite; little opportunity to interact with team mates at other client sites. Ramp-up/On-boarding is challenging. But, the HR management seems genuinely concerned with facilitating the staff.