Visa

Visa United States Employee Reviews

Fast-Paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COApril 29, 2015
A typical day at work would be a non stop of inbound calls from many cardholders of many different branches. Was able to learn about the new updated system that is only all done in the computer like even answering a call through the computer. Management kept very professional and was direct when needed to be regarding the work environment. My co-workers are not much to be spoken off since there was no time to interact while working. There were gatherings after work with my co-workers but I never attended. The hardest part of the job I would say to be is not being able to take a quick breath right before the next incoming call. And the most enjoyable part of work was due to high call volume time was the one taking over and before I knew it work was over.
Can be difficult place to work
Director (Former Employee), Foster City, CAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Great brand
Very political. Hard to get promoted. Bad management not held accountable. The brand is well respected and the core products are good.
Call Center management is incompetent
Risk Management Analyst (Current Employee), Doral, FLApril 11, 2015
Pros: pay is not bad if you stay for a years
Cons: short breaks if handling stressful calls
-The job sucks and the management makes it works
-Misinformed, manipulative, and incompetent management
-Some people in management and agents are really good people but rules make it hard for them to do anything to help.
good time with BI application
Senior QA (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 8, 2015
Had a good exposure to BI application and business knowledge.
Also got good exposure to DB SQL and Oracle OBIEE along with ETL.
Work was fin as there was good balance between the job and personal life
Unsupportive Management
Director (Former Employee), Foster City, CAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Good brand and products
Cons: Pay below industry standard
Management works against you, not with you. Very difficult to move up/around the company.

Antiquated systems, though new HR head is working to resolve some of the issues.

Low employee morale.
Sr. HR Specialist, Benefits, Compensation, HRIS (Former Employee), DoralApril 6, 2015
Excellent place to work, very good benefits and pay. People are nice you have a lot to learn and people are willing to help you advance.
Great Place to Work
Operations Manager / Solution Platform (Current Employee), Foster City, CAMarch 30, 2015
Focus on empowering of all individuals, clarity of purpose from management, talented people, always room to grow. Reasonable work / life balance and plenty of training. If you don't have a particular skill that is needed for a job, they get you the skills.
Good
MicroStrategy Consultant (Former Employee), Foster City, CAMarch 24, 2015
It was a good experience to work with this company, I am glad that I got a chance to be a part of the winning team. Thanks for all the support and guidance provided by the team.
Worked as a contractor for six months. Employees delegate all the work to contractors. Limited shuttle services, difficult to get to by caltrain/car.
Software engineer (Former Employee), Foster City, CAMarch 18, 2015
Job was good but people were bad. Employees treat contractors like trash though most of the work is done by contractors. No job security or opportunities for growth(you will get fired if you talk about it). Difficult to drive on congested highways; nearest caltrain station is two miles away with limited shuttle services. Takes two to three hours to commute daily from south bay. Small cafeteria and very few restaurants within walking distance(no other option if take train or bus). No regrets getting out of this place.
Senior Software Developer, Contract (Current Employee), Foster City, CAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: good all around environment
Cons: freqeunt stff turnover
Work provides good challenges with minimal supervision. Was assigned to a project written in a language, Python, that I had no previous experience.
fun workplace and management
Hadoop Developer (Current Employee), Foster City, CAMarch 12, 2015
the hardest part of my is work time, management is very easily done.
co workers are so friendly.the most enjoyable part is friends at work.
Demoralizing Third World Country Sweatshop
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 12, 2015
Pros: easy highway access
Cons: untrained management, demoralizing environment
Joining Visa was the worst career move ever in all my years of being in the workforce.
I should have first seen the red flag when I waited more than a month's time for a background check clearance after my initial job offer at their onsite Career Fair. At their onsite Career Fair, I went through 2 interviews and passed 2 online tests. All on malfunctioning computers I might add. The whole Career Fair process was said to take only two hours, but it lasted six hours total where I didn't even have time for lunch.
While waiting for my background check I never heard from anyone to confirm my employment. I called and emailed HR several times during the month but kept getting told that someone would call back with an answer. I received the call 3 days from when I was said to start.
Upon recruitment they sell you on a dream marketing their company "perks" (ex. benefits, state-of-the-art facilities, foosball, ping pong tables, updated décor and huddle rooms) as they try to compete with newer high tech companies, wanting to be an "employer of choice". You soon see through the façade within a day or so of walking through the hallways and quickly learn why when you toured the sterile facilities during Orientation, relax lounges stayed clean and empty.
During break and lunch everyone hurries like animals to quickly, and quietly eat alone staying out of site. No one dares pick up ping pong paddles, touch the foosball tables, sneak out a chuckle or make possible eye contact with one another. Shower curtain covered Huddle rooms are used for fetal position hiding while talking silently on phones. – more... Mixes of shell shocked, stern faced robotic employees walk around as if someone constantly watches your every move through the cameras located all throughout the newly remodeled, state-of-the-art facilities.

Customer Service Associates are given 1.5 weeks of training then thrown deer-in-the-headlights confused at the front lines handling diverse customer service calls under strict compliance guidelines which upper management themselves are unclear and untrained to handle. In bound calls were either abusive or threatening from very angry customers who felt robbed of funds, or victimized elderly who simply didn't understand.

Asking help from upper management was not encouraged so no one dared ask for direction.
Management constantly states they're all there to help support and guide you in succeeding but at the same time you know they're writing reviews, scrutinizing for every question asked and screw up made, just to have that one excuse to end your at will employment. No one wanted to hear your ideas. It's their way or the highway.

I feel pretty seasoned working in fast paced environments prior to Visa. But take note from Hunger Games because it's like never knowing who momentarily has your back, or ready to stab you for a power play on your job position.

It's simply a demoralizing environment where dumbing oneself down is the safe way to keep a job.

Hardest part of the job was just getting through each day waiting for the last hour to pass. Best part of the job was being able to walk out the door and breathe.

Even out of desperation don't even think about a possible employment with Visa. Stay away! – less
Excellent place to work.
Consultant (Current Employee), Foster City, CAMarch 9, 2015
Interesting place to be with so much going on in the payment space. You can have a good balance with work and family life. Lots of diversity. People are very friendly and great team culture.
Job that defines Bipolar
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), MiamiFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day at work was at least one person went home crying.
What i learned is that tax season is the worst season. But if you have patience you will survive. Management.... My manager had no idea what we were working on, what she was doing, Nothing!. Running to the other side of the building to ask for help was horrible. The hardest part was everything. You had to fight for yourself.
Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), MiramarFebruary 11, 2015
Productive and comfortable workplace, Productive and comfortable workplace, Productive and comfortable workplace
Visa
Business Analyst II- Eliciting (Former Employee), Foster City, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Working at Visa was a great experience and really enjoyable to work for. They provided a good working environment and all the tools necessary to do my job.
Stable company that restructures every so often
Director of Finance (Current Employee), Foster City, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: stable pay, bonus, stock options
Cons: boring and not motivated
I have a very good work/life balance at Visa, Inc. But I don't feel very motivated at work. I do my job and want to go home.
AbInitio developer with Unix and sql skills
Senior Software engineer (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Worked in Loyalty program in Visa International. Worked with different loyalty programs such as VINCIR, TAQC, Sweepstakes. etc. VINCIR is an Incentive program with the objective of providing selected merchants the ability to have greater and more targeted access to selected Visa cardholders. TAQC is designed to provide benefits to cardholders in terms of loyalty point or cash back based on the norms defined as per the sponsoring organization.
Great place to work !
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (CONSULTANT) (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Visa Inc., is a wonderful place to work. Worked there as a Consultant and a Permanent Employee on over several years. Worked in Customer Service, Product Office, and the VDPS team.
Management Lacks Direction
Solution Architect (Current Employee), Boulder, COJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great compensation packages
Cons: direction
advancing projects is near impossible. direction by management is inconsistent if ever available.

1 2 3 4 5

About Visa

Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments – Read more

Visa Salaries