Visa

Visa Employee Reviews

Worked as a contractor for six months. Employees delegate all the work to contractors. Limited shuttle services, difficult to get to by caltrain/car.
Software engineer (Former Employee), Foster City, CAMarch 18, 2015
Job was good but people were bad. Employees treat contractors like trash though most of the work is done by contractors. No job security or opportunities for growth(you will get fired if you talk about it). Difficult to drive on congested highways; nearest caltrain station is two miles away with limited shuttle services. Takes two to three hours to commute daily from south bay. Small cafeteria and very few restaurants within walking distance(no other option if take train or bus). No regrets getting out of this place.
Senior Software Developer, Contract (Current Employee), Foster City, CAMarch 15, 2015
Pros: good all around environment
Cons: freqeunt stff turnover
Work provides good challenges with minimal supervision. Was assigned to a project written in a language, Python, that I had no previous experience.
fun workplace and management
Hadoop Developer (Current Employee), Foster City, CAMarch 12, 2015
the hardest part of my is work time, management is very easily done.
co workers are so friendly.the most enjoyable part is friends at work.
Demoralizing Third World Country Sweatshop
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 12, 2015
Pros: easy highway access
Cons: untrained management, demoralizing environment
Joining Visa was the worst career move ever in all my years of being in the workforce.
I should have first seen the red flag when I waited more than a month's time for a background check clearance after my initial job offer at their onsite Career Fair. At their onsite Career Fair, I went through 2 interviews and passed 2 online tests. All on malfunctioning computers I might add. The whole Career Fair process was said to take only two hours, but it lasted six hours total where I didn't even have time for lunch.
While waiting for my background check I never heard from anyone to confirm my employment. I called and emailed HR several times during the month but kept getting told that someone would call back with an answer. I received the call 3 days from when I was said to start.
Upon recruitment they sell you on a dream marketing their company "perks" (ex. benefits, state-of-the-art facilities, foosball, ping pong tables, updated décor and huddle rooms) as they try to compete with newer high tech companies, wanting to be an "employer of choice". You soon see through the façade within a day or so of walking through the hallways and quickly learn why when you toured the sterile facilities during Orientation, relax lounges stayed clean and empty.
During break and lunch everyone hurries like animals to quickly, and quietly eat alone staying out of site. No one dares pick up ping pong paddles, touch the foosball tables, sneak out a chuckle or make possible eye contact with one another. Shower curtain covered Huddle rooms are used for fetal position hiding while talking silently on phones. – more... Mixes of shell shocked, stern faced robotic employees walk around as if someone constantly watches your every move through the cameras located all throughout the newly remodeled, state-of-the-art facilities.

Customer Service Associates are given 1.5 weeks of training then thrown deer-in-the-headlights confused at the front lines handling diverse customer service calls under strict compliance guidelines which upper management themselves are unclear and untrained to handle. In bound calls were either abusive or threatening from very angry customers who felt robbed of funds, or victimized elderly who simply didn't understand.

Asking help from upper management was not encouraged so no one dared ask for direction.
Management constantly states they're all there to help support and guide you in succeeding but at the same time you know they're writing reviews, scrutinizing for every question asked and screw up made, just to have that one excuse to end your at will employment. No one wanted to hear your ideas. It's their way or the highway.

I feel pretty seasoned working in fast paced environments prior to Visa. But take note from Hunger Games because it's like never knowing who momentarily has your back, or ready to stab you for a power play on your job position.

It's simply a demoralizing environment where dumbing oneself down is the safe way to keep a job.

Hardest part of the job was just getting through each day waiting for the last hour to pass. Best part of the job was being able to walk out the door and breathe.

Even out of desperation don't even think about a possible employment with Visa. Stay away! – less
Excellent place to work.
Consultant (Current Employee), Foster City, CAMarch 9, 2015
Interesting place to be with so much going on in the payment space. You can have a good balance with work and family life. Lots of diversity. People are very friendly and great team culture.
Job that defines Bipolar
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), MiamiFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day at work was at least one person went home crying.
What i learned is that tax season is the worst season. But if you have patience you will survive. Management.... My manager had no idea what we were working on, what she was doing, Nothing!. Running to the other side of the building to ask for help was horrible. The hardest part was everything. You had to fight for yourself.
Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), MiramarFebruary 11, 2015
Productive and comfortable workplace, Productive and comfortable workplace, Productive and comfortable workplace
Visa
Business Analyst II- Eliciting (Former Employee), Foster City, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Working at Visa was a great experience and really enjoyable to work for. They provided a good working environment and all the tools necessary to do my job.
Stable company that restructures every so often
Director of Finance (Current Employee), Foster City, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: stable pay, bonus, stock options
Cons: boring and not motivated
I have a very good work/life balance at Visa, Inc. But I don't feel very motivated at work. I do my job and want to go home.
AbInitio developer with Unix and sql skills
Senior Software engineer (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Worked in Loyalty program in Visa International. Worked with different loyalty programs such as VINCIR, TAQC, Sweepstakes. etc. VINCIR is an Incentive program with the objective of providing selected merchants the ability to have greater and more targeted access to selected Visa cardholders. TAQC is designed to provide benefits to cardholders in terms of loyalty point or cash back based on the norms defined as per the sponsoring organization.
Great place to work !
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (CONSULTANT) (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Visa Inc., is a wonderful place to work. Worked there as a Consultant and a Permanent Employee on over several years. Worked in Customer Service, Product Office, and the VDPS team.
Management Lacks Direction
Solution Architect (Current Employee), Boulder, COJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great compensation packages
Cons: direction
advancing projects is near impossible. direction by management is inconsistent if ever available.
Tech days.
Network Technician (Current Employee), Higlands Ranch, COJanuary 12, 2015
Cons: long hours.
Normally go in At 6:00 am and right when we hit the floor we start with the same thing every day. We start keeping attention to our applications to check that communications between issuers, acquirers and us are working properly.

Management is always behind scenes unless something goes wrong and not a lot of communication except via IM or emails. Co-workers are always very busy to interact with the others.

Last but not least and if any, the hardest part of the job is the long hours at the office and somehow the fact that we have no external light but understand that is because of security.
goos place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), miami, flJanuary 10, 2015
Whether it’s about possible job duties, a potential start date or simply timing for the second interview, stressing your flexibility makes you easy to get along with.

Hiring managers don’t like complications, and having to coordinate complicated schedules or haggle over a job description eventually just makes you look difficult. While you certainly don’t want to be a pushover -- and “flexible” shouldn’t define your salary negotiation -- show your potential employer that you’re interested in results that work for everyone.
Salaried employees are treated well, while hourly employees are just numbers.
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), American Fork, UTJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: politicking, mistreatment of employees, underpaid after being hired on, extremely hard to deal with management
Visa is a very good company to work for IF you are in management. If you're unfortunate enough to be hourly, then you are just another replaceable number who can and will be let go for no warning or reason.
The hardware and software you are expected to utilize is always broken and completely outdated. Which makes the daily overload of responsibilities impossible and punishment is fast and severe for falling behind.
The environment is very hostile towards hourly employees as they talk about cutting the bottom line expenses to maximize profits, but the only people who seem affected, are the employees at the bottom of the food chain who actually do the work. Which is why the bonus structure and raise structure of management is closely guarded from hourly employees so they can't see just how badly they are being under appreciated and underpaid by comparison.
The politicking that goes on at Visa is outrageous and blatant.
They will reel you in with a decent enough starting pay as a CSR1, but then the raise structure after that is absurd.
If you have the guts to approach HR about the immoral practices and favoritism, you'll find a final written warning with your name on it waiting for you, as Management looks after their own.
If you enjoy being another completely replaceable number in an environment where people are commodities to be discarded for no reason, this is the place for you.
Unless you can get on in a salary position, this is a horrific place to be employed.
In talking to most other hourly employees, this is how they feel also, they are just too scared to say anything about it as reprisals are fast, severe, and final.
Good Work Culture
Senior Product QA Engineer (Current Employee), CaliforniaJanuary 8, 2015
A place where hardwork, excellence and dedication results in the payment experience of the consumers.
Super Nice Job in SF
Strategic Sourcing - Buyer (Former Employee), San Mateo, CADecember 20, 2014
Great Location super nice people beautiful buildings.
I handled their Care Program contracting process.
Dismissive
Account Manager (Consultant) (Current Employee), Highlands Ranch, CODecember 16, 2014
Visa treats its contractors very pooly. I wonder what its like to be an employee?
Process-based, very organized
InfoSec Specialist (Former Employee), Forster City, CaliforniaDecember 15, 2014
Pros: large, mature
Cons: non-flexible
Large company with mature business rules and resources, managers are seasoned, well-trained, usually got MBA from big universities.
Fast paced with a lot of room to grow.
Customer Service Lead Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 12, 2014
During my time there I was able to quickly gain a lot of knowledge on many different aspects of the call center. There was a lot of room for growth for anyone willing to learn.

About Visa

Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments – Read more

Visa Salaries