Visa

Visa Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), MiramarFebruary 11, 2015
Productive and comfortable workplace, Productive and comfortable workplace, Productive and comfortable workplace
Visa
Business Analyst II- Eliciting (Former Employee), Foster City, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Working at Visa was a great experience and really enjoyable to work for. They provided a good working environment and all the tools necessary to do my job.
Stable company that restructures every so often
Director of Finance (Current Employee), Foster City, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: stable pay, bonus, stock options
Cons: boring and not motivated
I have a very good work/life balance at Visa, Inc. But I don't feel very motivated at work. I do my job and want to go home.
AbInitio developer with Unix and sql skills
Senior Software engineer (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Worked in Loyalty program in Visa International. Worked with different loyalty programs such as VINCIR, TAQC, Sweepstakes. etc. VINCIR is an Incentive program with the objective of providing selected merchants the ability to have greater and more targeted access to selected Visa cardholders. TAQC is designed to provide benefits to cardholders in terms of loyalty point or cash back based on the norms defined as per the sponsoring organization.
Great place to work !
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (CONSULTANT) (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Visa Inc., is a wonderful place to work. Worked there as a Consultant and a Permanent Employee on over several years. Worked in Customer Service, Product Office, and the VDPS team.
Management Lacks Direction
Solution Architect (Current Employee), Boulder, COJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great compensation packages
Cons: direction
advancing projects is near impossible. direction by management is inconsistent if ever available.
Tech days.
Network Technician (Current Employee), Higlands Ranch, COJanuary 12, 2015
Cons: long hours.
Normally go in At 6:00 am and right when we hit the floor we start with the same thing every day. We start keeping attention to our applications to check that communications between issuers, acquirers and us are working properly.

Management is always behind scenes unless something goes wrong and not a lot of communication except via IM or emails. Co-workers are always very busy to interact with the others.

Last but not least and if any, the hardest part of the job is the long hours at the office and somehow the fact that we have no external light but understand that is because of security.
goos place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), miami, flJanuary 10, 2015
Whether it’s about possible job duties, a potential start date or simply timing for the second interview, stressing your flexibility makes you easy to get along with.

Hiring managers don’t like complications, and having to coordinate complicated schedules or haggle over a job description eventually just makes you look difficult. While you certainly don’t want to be a pushover -- and “flexible” shouldn’t define your salary negotiation -- show your potential employer that you’re interested in results that work for everyone.
Salaried employees are treated well, while hourly employees are just numbers.
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), American Fork, UTJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: politicking, mistreatment of employees, underpaid after being hired on, extremely hard to deal with management
Visa is a very good company to work for IF you are in management. If you're unfortunate enough to be hourly, then you are just another replaceable number who can and will be let go for no warning or reason.
The hardware and software you are expected to utilize is always broken and completely outdated. Which makes the daily overload of responsibilities impossible and punishment is fast and severe for falling behind.
The environment is very hostile towards hourly employees as they talk about cutting the bottom line expenses to maximize profits, but the only people who seem affected, are the employees at the bottom of the food chain who actually do the work. Which is why the bonus structure and raise structure of management is closely guarded from hourly employees so they can't see just how badly they are being under appreciated and underpaid by comparison.
The politicking that goes on at Visa is outrageous and blatant.
They will reel you in with a decent enough starting pay as a CSR1, but then the raise structure after that is absurd.
If you have the guts to approach HR about the immoral practices and favoritism, you'll find a final written warning with your name on it waiting for you, as Management looks after their own.
If you enjoy being another completely replaceable number in an environment where people are commodities to be discarded for no reason, this is the place for you.
Unless you can get on in a salary position, this is a horrific place to be employed.
In talking to most other hourly employees, this is how they feel also, they are just too scared to say anything about it as reprisals are fast, severe, and final.
Good Work Culture
Senior Product QA Engineer (Current Employee), CaliforniaJanuary 8, 2015
A place where hardwork, excellence and dedication results in the payment experience of the consumers.
Super Nice Job in SF
Strategic Sourcing - Buyer (Former Employee), San Mateo, CADecember 20, 2014
Great Location super nice people beautiful buildings.
I handled their Care Program contracting process.
Dismissive
Account Manager (Consultant) (Current Employee), Highlands Ranch, CODecember 16, 2014
Visa treats its contractors very pooly. I wonder what its like to be an employee?
Process-based, very organized
InfoSec Specialist (Former Employee), Forster City, CaliforniaDecember 15, 2014
Pros: large, mature
Cons: non-flexible
Large company with mature business rules and resources, managers are seasoned, well-trained, usually got MBA from big universities.
Fast paced with a lot of room to grow.
Customer Service Lead Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 12, 2014
During my time there I was able to quickly gain a lot of knowledge on many different aspects of the call center. There was a lot of room for growth for anyone willing to learn.
Overall good experience
Senior Network Technician (Current Employee), Ashburn, VADecember 9, 2014
Pros: great benefits, relax professional work atmosphere
Cons: i didn't enjoy the 12 hour rotation, which may be a pro for some people.
Visa was a great place to start my IT career. I was involved in different aspects of networking which helped me identify where I'd like to take my career path towards. The work atmosphere is fine, co-workers were very professional as well as the management. Days are very busy so time passes by fast for the most part.
IT Networking
Sr. Tech. Support Specialist (Current Employee), VADecember 8, 2014
I manage the alerts on Visa system. I analyze the issues and troubleshoot if need it. I escalate any issues to the appropriate department depending on the issue. Create incident for documentation purposes and contact client to address if any issues occur on our end.
Energetic team environment
Executive Administrator (Former Employee), Foster City, CADecember 1, 2014
Pros: benefit package, 401k, opportunities for advancement
Cons: long commute, frequent restructuring, lay-offs
A typical day at work often involved hitting the ground running, quickly prioritizing tasks for the day. I learned that I enjoyed the fast-paced environment while supporting a Senior Vice President and every detail of day to day operations for a larger team of 200 employees. I worked with a great group of people, many of whom became my friends. I looked forward to going to work and loved that the work allowed me to be creative, think outside the box, and collaborate with others daily. The hardest part of the job was taking on too much work at times and asking for help. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing a project knowing I gave it my all and met my deliverables with success.
very productive and a fun place to work at. Nice environment and excellent colleagues
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Ashburn, VANovember 20, 2014
Excellent Organization
Lead Customer Service Represent (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 13, 2014
Good company, lots of growth potential.*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Great Place to work
Director - Core Processing Platform Solutions (Current Employee), Miami, FLNovember 10, 2014
Pros: global recognition
Great salary & benefits.
I have enjoyed the time with this company. It has a great work/personal life balance

About Visa

Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments – Read more

Visa Salaries