Visa Employee Reviews

Visa
Full Stack Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAMay 30, 2017
The good things

Great work-life balance, friendly atmosphere and supportive management who will always encourage you to achieve more if that is your goal. They have many learning and re...

The challenges

The pay is at award, so it is easy to make more in the same role through a different company.
Contract - Revenue Process
Revenue Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAMay 24, 2017
I was working on a contract so had No Benefits through Visa & wasn't yet eligible for them through the agency. Commuting & traffic to and from Foster City is difficult at best. Visa's shuttle system is Not for contractors - employees Only.
Big company slow moving
Sr.UX/UI/IA/visual interaction designer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 23, 2017
Thought I would be there for a long time due to the pace but soon found out with infighting and arguments that it was not possible. Very poor communication and disconnected design community. If you go don't expect to be doing anything fun or interesting.
Best Place to lean New Things and Manager Support to implement
Sr Spark Developer (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAMay 15, 2017
I am responsible for overseeing my teams as they progress on various Tasks

Managerial Skills, Patience, Decision Making, Problem Solving

Excellent
Everyday I Enjoy My Work
Great place to work at
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLMay 11, 2017
Normal, same thing every day speaking to customers over the phone.

Learned how to work with customer over the phone.

Management was great.

Work place culture was great, very friendly.
Pros
long breaks and a lunch longe
Cons
not benifits and no over time
Dreadful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 10, 2017
The job was very stressful and hectic. Managers did not offer and positive reinforcement as an incentive to inspire hard work. Abundant favoritism shown to certain people.
Overall Good
Director (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 9, 2017
Overall a good company to work for, has its pros and cons like anywhere else. Work/life balance can be a challenge and it can be difficult to break through in some organizations but once relationships are built there is good partnership.
Hadoop Admin/Engineer (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAMay 9, 2017
work culture is good
everything good about job
enjoyable and having fun during job
nice place to learn something new mainly learned more things about hive pigs, namenode, etc
It's fun
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 4, 2017
I enjoy working here. The benefits are awesome. Don't care for my manger though. The facility is state of the art. Visa is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I loved the dining area on the ground floor
Billing Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 1, 2017
The company was pretty good. The workflow was always pretty busy and my managers and supervisor made the environment a good one. My time here was short but I wish I could've worked there longer
Devops Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 1, 2017
Productive and fun workplace with lots of entertainment and friendly environment . Because many companies create their own employee self-assessment forms, the forms come in many specific and different types. MIT Human Resources offers sample forms that companies can use as inspiration or that employees can use to promote thoughtful responses in performance reviews. These forms are aimed at promoting a career development focus in the self-appraisal process. The Society for Human Resource Management has an example of a lengthier type of self-assessment form, which focuses on more specific skills and duties within a company.
Visa Experience over the years
IT Operations (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 1, 2017
My Visa experience has varied over the last few years, I was able to move up the ladder (5 levels) and see how each level and position varies throughout the company.

Pros:
-Visa as a company provides great healthcare, allows staff to take various training and certifications and provides good education reimbursement programs.

Cons:
-The IT operations world will change one's character. Metrics will prove that every team is incredibly under staffed, some teams of 3-4 do the work of 10+ per shift. There is no work life balance, you will be expected to occasionally take lunch (at your desk), work overtime to cover other shifts, and some weeks work 7 days straight (12hr days). Even when you are maxed out on PTO and you are no longer accumulation hours, be expected to lose your earned PTO hours as you can't take any to ensure the business stays afloat.

-Job security has also changed over the years. The first 6 years with the company we went through one reorg that resulted in layoffs. The past few years we've experienced about 4 organization changes a year, leading to multiple layoffs and poisoning staff morale. It doesn't matter how well you perform and extraordinary your yearly reviews are, you never know when your time will come.

-HR department is a mess:
New employee gets an offer letter to start on Sept 1st. He shows up on his scheduled start date, HR forgets to put him in the system and tells him to come back in a week.

-Someone from your team getting laid off?
HR forgets to inform the mangers of the reorganization changes which causes the managers to
  more... be blind sided by angry staff members who got unexpectedly laid off. This lowers the level of trust that the remaining staff has with their managers.

-Hiring someone?
HR/Recruiting normally goes through a process of screening all candidates before sending to the hiring manager which no longer happens. Candidates with no IT experience are now being pushed forward for positions such as Team Leads for the data center.
Pros
Education, certification, health care
Cons
no breaks, can't take PTO, no lunches, short staffed
Can be very fun at time
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 28, 2017
A typical day at work consists of a lot of talking over the phone, either with card holders (mostly), the banks associates, courier, money transfer company and so on.
I have learned a lot in dealing with very irate customers and still keeping my calm and try to help as much as I could. The management there is so clustered, it cause a lot of overhead.
The hardest part of the job for me was and still having card holders stranded overseas with no card or money and being unable to help due to the fact that we cannot reach their banks or getting a bank representative who is not willing to assist.
The most enjoyable part is having making the promise to deliver a card or money a certain time period and being able to over deliver on that promise.
Not a good place to work
Passport Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 26, 2017
Don't work for CIBT. It's not a good or productive place to work. No room for growth. They're not empathetic to their employees. Rain sleet, or snow, you must come to work. They don't care about your safety or well being.
Good place to be, depending on which organization you are in
Senior Staff Mac Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAApril 17, 2017
Good place to be, depending which group you are in. Great benefits and a lot of brilliant minds to be around. Some groups get treated a lot better than others though. Management changes can be frightening, as layoffs happen for no good reason other than someone trying to make a name for themselves.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, up to date technology for a finance company
Cons
Senior management, lots of red tape
Senior F5 Engineer (Contract) (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 11, 2017
Great management, great co-workers, enjoyed working there; the culture is very positive and everyone is a hard worker. Very structured place to work; people are awesome.
Non Technical People
UI Lead (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAApril 10, 2017
The company rely on the non technical people and deciding the factors, they have lot of funds for the project but having more Managers than the Developers . Nowadays nobody is working , Mostly everyone id trying to survive in the corporate VISA
Pros
salary
Cons
no job security lot of politics, survival of the fittest
Great company, tons of layer
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAApril 7, 2017
Visa is a very good company to work for if you remove the layers and make it little flat organization.
Management is still not able to determine if Visa is a financial org or a tech firm.
Pros
Compensation/Benefits, 1:1 401K, etc.
Cons
Lots of layers
Learned a lot here about security and CMDB and vulnerability management
Staff Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAApril 5, 2017
It's a high security environment, and I dug in and learned a lot in daily life. There is an advanced effort with developing an enterprise CMS/CMDB, and an application repository which is generally ahead of the industry. I really thrived in the environment where new technologies were not managed well, i.e. too many groups not collaborating and buying their own solutions, so it was up to our team to deal with the CMDB aspects of these decisions. Generally speaking I the facility and the culture was fine, and the on-site cafeterias were nice.
Pros
great environment to learn
Cons
lack of executive leadership across IT
Most enjoyable work environment
Build/Release Engineer (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAApril 5, 2017
I got a chance here to learn many technical things in this company, and I found the management here is very cooperative people with a excellent workculture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visa. Our community is ready to answer.