Visa

Visa Employee Reviews

Worked as a contractor for six months. Employees delegate all the work to contractors. Limited shuttle services, difficult to get to by caltrain/car.
Software engineer (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAMarch 18, 2015
Job was good but people were bad. Employees treat contractors like trash though most of the work is done by contractors. No job security or opportunities for growth(you will get fired if you talk about it). Difficult to drive on congested highways; nearest caltrain station is two miles away with limited shuttle services. Takes two to three hours to commute daily from south bay. Small cafeteria and very few restaurants within walking distance(no other option if take train or bus). No regrets getting out of this place.
Better before it went public
TREASURY ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CANovember 26, 2013
I was able to see Visa before and after it went public. Obviously, the higher up the chain, the more you get. That is understood and agreed. There was just a much bigger split after it went public. There were more and more Senior Business Leader positions created, and Head of ... positions, with more and more benefits for these positions. Their roles were not outsourced. Meanwhile, the lower positions had perks whittled away, and were the brunt of layoffs.
Pros
coffee in the break rooms, nice buildings, health/vision/dental insurance
Cons
top heavy management, not enough "trickle down" in bonuses, not enough honoring the old ways, or why they were that way
Changed for the worse
Senior Business Leafer (Current Employee) –  Foster CityAugust 13, 2012
Once upon a time, it was a wonderful place to work but now it's, ugh ugh ,ugly with constant infighting. Visa has changed for the worse over the last few years with never ending rounds of layoffs at the end of each quarter. There is little team building, since you never know if you will have a team there to work with when people you are counting on are suddenly gone,There are still some great people and products but the current CEO and his executive management team is killing off the spirit of what made Visa great.
Pros
interesting products and some great co-workers
Cons
horrible executive management. constant political infighting and turf wars
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 11, 2013
Depending on your position and department that you work in, Visa is a fast paced environment. You come to work and not play. Everyone is respectful and people friendly. Visa is diverse many different cultures to interact with. I learned about restriction and hidden fees on card, Visa the company is a transaction company visa does not issue credit cards. The hardest part of the job is the back to back calls without increasing your after call work time. The most enjoyable part of the job is the bonus and reviews
Pros
free coffee, free fountain drinks, indoor gym 24 hrs
Cons
expensive cafeteria, advancement very low
Fun place to work with
Software Quality Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CASeptember 23, 2014
Typical day:
- 9:00 am to 5:00 pm flexible work hours with lots of fun in testing and coding

Learning experience:
- managing people and spending quality time in ensuring best quality of product

Management:
- difficult to transition to something new

Coworkers:
- very productive and ever enthusiastic to help

Hardest part of job:
- understanding people personality working on different domains

Most enjoyable part of the job:
- Ever increasing appetite to testing and filing/fixing bugs in the payment domain.
- Monitoring errors in case of existing code base changes.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
infrastructure improvement
Very high politics and unfriendly working environment
Sr. Accountant (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAJuly 15, 2014
The company has good benefits and advanced education program. Work/Life balance is good. Job security is bad since the new CEO came. Management sucks. The department I worked has lots of politics. People were competing each other instead of focusing on team work.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with politics and lack of trust.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the good relationship with the stakeholders that I had supported and the contributions and changes I have made to the company.
Pros
good benefits, good work/life balance
Cons
bad management, lots of politics and lack of trust
Solid company to work
Sr. Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoApril 11, 2013
I have enjoyed my 4 years at Visa, Inc. Typical work day involves working on process related projects within our division, tracking our work within our corporate systems, reaching out to folks for planning sessions on different project activities. The management at Visa has been great - very good working relationship with my direct manager the entire 4 years. Hardest part of the job is the constant "marketing" we have to do to promote our department, services and value.
Pros
flexible hours, ability to bike commute, healthcare
Cons
35 minute commute when i drive, not many opportunities for movement
Tech days.
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Higlands Ranch, COJanuary 12, 2015
Normally go in At 6:00 am and right when we hit the floor we start with the same thing every day. We start keeping attention to our applications to check that communications between issuers, acquirers and us are working properly.

Management is always behind scenes unless something goes wrong and not a lot of communication except via IM or emails. Co-workers are always very busy to interact with the others.

Last but not least and if any, the hardest part of the job is the long hours at the office and somehow the fact that we have no external light but understand that is because of security.
Cons
long hours.
Company trying hard to be a Millenial workplace
OPERATIONS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Highlands RanchAugust 25, 2015
Company is trying hard to be a favorable workplace for Millenials. In the process, older workers are often ignored or not given opportunities for advancement. If you are young, in the San Francisco area and have a technical background, this is a good company. If you work outside of the San Francisco office, opportunities for advancement are limited.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Company is looking for specific personalities, While they work very hard to promote classes within the legal terms of diversity, they are not tolerant of personality diversity.
Productive, innovative workplace with great learning opportunities and challenges.
Sr Meeting and Events Planner (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAFebruary 7, 2014
As an events planner, my day-to-day responsibilities included project management of event program elements and logistics for various corporate events. In such a large company, I learned how to work re efficiently with cross-functional teams all over the company and was exposed to various levels of management. The challenges of the job included the heavy internal processes and bureaucracy within the company that sometimes hindered the productivity of our project teams.
Pros
great campus
Challenging and Competitive
Global Business Continuity, Crisis Management (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CADecember 3, 2015
Compensation and benefits were very good at Visa when I was there. However, there is a trade off with work/life balance. Management varies throughout departments and organizations; they could use improvement on hiring/training managers with good supervisory skills as this is lack in many departments. Job advancement is difficult. Once you land in a job, it's very difficult to move up or into a different department.

That being said, there are so many great people who work at Visa whose personalities shine through no matter what.
Customer driven and team oriented environment
Operations Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDSeptember 12, 2015
Worked with a great team and manager. Sr leadership was always available to us by having an open-door policy. Management was deliberate in assigning team members to be the subject matter expert on projects and would attend meetings to ensure the service desk team where kept informed of the progress of the project as well as what responsibilities we would accept. The team was a close knit team and we supported each other daily as well as when there was a scheduling conflict and someone needed to be off for personal reasons.
Electrical Engineering
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COOctober 22, 2015
Complete power distribution electrical detail design for Petrochemical Facilities and Natural Gas Processing Plants including substation design, distribution interconnection, ETAP Electrical Modeling (Load Flow and Short Circuit Analysis, Arc Flash and Relay Coordination Studies), power distribution equipment selection, high and medium voltage cabling, grounding and SCADA. Single and three lines creation, AC and DC schemes, physical layout, elevations, NESC clearances, commissioning of pumps, electric motors, motor starters and VFDs.
goos place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  miami, flJanuary 10, 2015
Whether it’s about possible job duties, a potential start date or simply timing for the second interview, stressing your flexibility makes you easy to get along with.

Hiring managers don’t like complications, and having to coordinate complicated schedules or haggle over a job description eventually just makes you look difficult. While you certainly don’t want to be a pushover -- and “flexible” shouldn’t define your salary negotiation -- show your potential employer that you’re interested in results that work for everyone.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 18, 2013
A typical work day for me was working in a deadline driven environment. I knowned how to listen and understand the customer need. Also how to relate to the customer and most importantly I learned how to be patient. Management was okay, they were willing to listen to your idea and inpute. My co-worker were harding working and willing to lean a hand when you need help. I enjoyed talking to customer and assisting their need.
Pros
amenties, paid holidays, advancement, and plenty of overtime
Cons
cons some manager attitude
Visa is changing but not for the better!
Lead Tech Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAAugust 26, 2015
Visa has changed drastically under the new leadership and CEO. During my tenure, I seen 4 changes in leadership and the stance taken has been a focus on the bottom line, moving it to a technology institute and a sheer lack of interest in investing in their employees.
Pros
High wages and great benefits
Cons
No loyalty to the seasoned employees and very cut throat environment, Overwhelming sense of fear for your job is ever present, so much so that it impedes productivity and moral is at an all time low.
Excellent experience
Sr. Service Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 2, 2014
During my time with Visa, I worked in several departments including: Report Generating, Follow-Up, Data Management, and Operations Support. I have worked both on the forefront as a customer service rep as well as on the back end, entering data and updating the company's systems to business reporting at a high security level. I learned my work ethic from working for this structured company and attained several accomplishments while there.
Pros
winner of multiple visa go beyond recognition rewards
Excellent Job Culture. Average Benefits and Low compensation
Small Business Merchant Support (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 5, 2016
It is not the technology or the product but the People that makes an organization great. VISA have excellent and knowledgeable people behind their product. The parts that made my job enjoyable were the employee interaction and working environment. Good Medical / Dental / 401K benefits
Pros
excellent work environment/ best people to work with/ good medical/dental/ 401 benefits
Cons
low compensation / parking (very expensive) not covered or compensated
productive place, very profesional work place
customer service (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 28, 2012
i really love working at visa i have learned alot working for visa. i learned great customers service skills, learned great use of words both english and spanish. my job was to answer inbound calls both spanish and english and assist them in the best possible way with whatever they required or there problems. the hardest part was just the starting of it had alot of products to remember they had there own limits nd rules.
Pros
lunch was 30 mins. but evry two hours had a free 15 min break
Advanced Technology
Distributed Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 24, 2014
Visa had a very laid back environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the dress code which was casual that included jeans 7 days a week. Additionally, management trusted the staff- As long as your work was done and done to perfection it did not matter. It was a very interesting business to be able to see millions of Visa transaction run through the NOC every few seconds.
Pros
very technical environment (noc setting)
Cons
12 hour shifts can sometimes not give you the work/life balance you need.