Visa Employee Reviews in United States

Stability and Highly technical environment
Director, Internal Audit (IT) (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAApril 22, 2016
Very Busy work environment. Difficult to spare time to look at the big picture. Good coworkers. I got lucky with some god managers.
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 3, 2015
Visa is a great Company to work for. Challenging, and rewarding! Though the hours can sometimes be long, Visa makes sure to give you as much work life balance as possible.
Pros
Great Exposure and Benefits
Cons
Sometimes Long hours
Overall good experience
Senior Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VADecember 9, 2014
Visa was a great place to start my IT career. I was involved in different aspects of networking which helped me identify where I'd like to take my career path towards. The work atmosphere is fine, co-workers were very professional as well as the management. Days are very busy so time passes by fast for the most part.
Pros
great benefits, relax professional work atmosphere
Cons
i didn't enjoy the 12 hour rotation, which may be a pro for some people.
Fast-Paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COApril 29, 2015
A typical day at work would be a non stop of inbound calls from many cardholders of many different branches. Was able to learn about the new updated system that is only all done in the computer like even answering a call through the computer. Management kept very professional and was direct when needed to be regarding the work environment. My co-workers are not much to be spoken off since there was no time to interact while working. There were gatherings after work with my co-workers but I never attended. The hardest part of the job I would say to be is not being able to take a quick breath right before the next incoming call. And the most enjoyable part of work was due to high call volume time was the one taking over and before I knew it work was over.
Energetic team environment
Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CADecember 1, 2014
A typical day at work often involved hitting the ground running, quickly prioritizing tasks for the day. I learned that I enjoyed the fast-paced environment while supporting a Senior Vice President and every detail of day to day operations for a larger team of 200 employees. I worked with a great group of people, many of whom became my friends. I looked forward to going to work and loved that the work allowed me to be creative, think outside the box, and collaborate with others daily. The hardest part of the job was taking on too much work at times and asking for help. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing a project knowing I gave it my all and met my deliverables with success.
Pros
benefit package, 401k, opportunities for advancement
Cons
long commute, frequent restructuring, lay-offs
Tech days.
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Higlands Ranch, COJanuary 12, 2015
Normally go in At 6:00 am and right when we hit the floor we start with the same thing every day. We start keeping attention to our applications to check that communications between issuers, acquirers and us are working properly.

Management is always behind scenes unless something goes wrong and not a lot of communication except via IM or emails. Co-workers are always very busy to interact with the others.

Last but not least and if any, the hardest part of the job is the long hours at the office and somehow the fact that we have no external light but understand that is because of security.
Cons
long hours.
fun work place to work
Customer Service Associate- French Canadian (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 10, 2015
Descent place to work, can be really challenging at times, Management seems to have no idea on how most of the systems work in the industry, but after all consideration the place lacks room for improvement, staff has no say so in any type of work improvement but the pay is enough to keep you around if you are only looking for a paycheck.
Na
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 28, 2015
I enjoy working at Visa. I enjoy the people I work with as well as the fun events Visa plans for us. I don't have anything negative to say about Visa.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
worked graveyard shift, Bi-Lingual Spanish speaking
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJuly 26, 2015
answering Customer calls and processing each account
Management was excellent.
Co-workers good.
Hardest part of the job, staying busy
co-workers, good team work
Pros
successfully assist customer with required needs
Cons
unsatisfied customer
Productive and fun workplace
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 6, 2015
In the daily basis I would have to review the finances of the restaurant on QB, I also did A/P and A/R, as well as negotiations with new or current vendors. Solve any issues that employees would present to me and work on marketing strategies to promote the business.
At the end of the month I had to close the books and print out customized reports to present profit and loss to the President and CEO of the company.
Pros
room to grow within the company
Great but not so great
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAOctober 21, 2015
Constant unproductive change is the name of the game. Innovation does not exist here. Too much stuff happens behind the scenes. I don't know how any one can feel a piece of mind in a place where they are not valued or heard.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Uncertainty
Worked as a contractor for six months. Employees delegate all the work to contractors. Limited shuttle services, difficult to get to by caltrain/car.
Software engineer (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAMarch 18, 2015
Job was good but people were bad. Employees treat contractors like trash though most of the work is done by contractors. No job security or opportunities for growth(you will get fired if you talk about it). Difficult to drive on congested highways; nearest caltrain station is two miles away with limited shuttle services. Takes two to three hours to commute daily from south bay. Small cafeteria and very few restaurants within walking distance(no other option if take train or bus). No regrets getting out of this place.
Commercial Account Manager who is responsible for identifying and resolving issues of moderate complexity and playing a gateway role for assigned fina
Account Manager / Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 4, 2015
• Manage 2nd level technical support and operational customer service needs for Visa Client Institutions (General Support Team, First Tennessee Bank, BB&T, Desjardins) using one or more of the Visa supplied software products and provide reporting and portfolio management for assigned products.
• Provide day-to-day support to client institutions including response to customer inquiries related to moderately complex web-based software applications issues or questions and ensure customer expectations are exceeded.
• Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve moderately complex processing, application usage, or business issues.
• Produce customer and departmental reporting for tracking customer or service issues. Proactively identify and own issues through resolution working with business or development groups.
• Ensure Level 1 support service levels are met or exceeded.
• Support user acceptance testing for implementations and software releases.
• Understand customer needs, business requirements, and priorities. Develop solutions and recommendations based on business needs.
• Act as liaison for customers between other Visa groups, including the Product Office, Development, and Level 2 Support.
• Develop tools and educate customers on software applications, usage and functionality.
Benefits
Cons
Not much room for growth; many additional hours not recognized or compensated for.
Great work experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MIAMIOctober 17, 2015
Visa is a company that I will be forever grateful, I have learned so much there. The managers and supervisors are always very helpful and attentive.
Very analytical position dealing with high dollar claims.
Sr. Dispute Representative, I (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJanuary 11, 2013
This position requires excellent exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a comprehensive understanding of the cardholder dispute process, card processing, the bankcard industry, Visa’s Operating Regulations, and the arbitration and compliance process. You must be Capable of making sound business judgments in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.

In the four years I’ve worked at Visa, I’ve learned a lot about the financial and bankcard industry. In addition, I’ve become a SME for Visa Operation Regulations and have become the go to person for my team. I’ve lead many projects and trained JR staff members on Visa International Operating Regulations.
Pros
excellent benefits, generous pto allotment and a great bonus structure.
Cons
new management, not trained on their staff’s functions
Good place for long term employment
Business Systems Analysist II (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAJanuary 28, 2014
The experience is what you make of it. Good everything can be great if initiative is taken. Good salaries & benefits, advancement opportunities for those that buddy up to the right people. All in all, its a sound place to participate, grow and develop.
Pros
professional growth potential - good salaries and benefits
Cons
depends on management style
Advanced Technology
Distributed Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  McLean, VASeptember 24, 2014
Visa had a very laid back environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the dress code which was casual that included jeans 7 days a week. Additionally, management trusted the staff- As long as your work was done and done to perfection it did not matter. It was a very interesting business to be able to see millions of Visa transaction run through the NOC every few seconds.
Pros
very technical environment (noc setting)
Cons
12 hour shifts can sometimes not give you the work/life balance you need.
Great place to work !!
SENIOR DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 30, 2015
Great place to work, highly endorse if anyone gets an opportunity to work here to learn about Payments. SF Office is more fun than Foster City, but space is limited
Productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 30, 2015
This was a temporary job. I enjoyed being on phones, talking with customers, helping them with their needs. Being able to solve problems on time.
Pros
Nice Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Great Place to Work
Operations Manager / Solution Platform (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAMarch 30, 2015
Focus on empowering of all individuals, clarity of purpose from management, talented people, always room to grow. Reasonable work / life balance and plenty of training. If you don't have a particular skill that is needed for a job, they get you the skills.