Visa

Visa Employee Reviews

Super Nice Job in SF
Strategic Sourcing - Buyer (Former Employee), San Mateo, CADecember 20, 2014
Great Location super nice people beautiful buildings.
I handled their Care Program contracting process.
Dismissive
Account Manager (Consultant) (Current Employee), Highlands Ranch, CODecember 16, 2014
Visa treats its contractors very pooly. I wonder what its like to be an employee?
Process-based, very organized
InfoSec Specialist (Former Employee), Forster City, CaliforniaDecember 15, 2014
Pros: large, mature
Cons: non-flexible
Large company with mature business rules and resources, managers are seasoned, well-trained, usually got MBA from big universities.
Fast paced with a lot of room to grow.
Customer Service Lead Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 12, 2014
During my time there I was able to quickly gain a lot of knowledge on many different aspects of the call center. There was a lot of room for growth for anyone willing to learn.
Overall good experience
Senior Network Technician (Current Employee), Ashburn, VADecember 9, 2014
Pros: great benefits, relax professional work atmosphere
Cons: i didn't enjoy the 12 hour rotation, which may be a pro for some people.
Visa was a great place to start my IT career. I was involved in different aspects of networking which helped me identify where I'd like to take my career path towards. The work atmosphere is fine, co-workers were very professional as well as the management. Days are very busy so time passes by fast for the most part.
IT Networking
Sr. Tech. Support Specialist (Current Employee), VADecember 8, 2014
I manage the alerts on Visa system. I analyze the issues and troubleshoot if need it. I escalate any issues to the appropriate department depending on the issue. Create incident for documentation purposes and contact client to address if any issues occur on our end.
Energetic team environment
Executive Administrator (Former Employee), Foster City, CADecember 1, 2014
Pros: benefit package, 401k, opportunities for advancement
Cons: long commute, frequent restructuring, lay-offs
A typical day at work often involved hitting the ground running, quickly prioritizing tasks for the day. I learned that I enjoyed the fast-paced environment while supporting a Senior Vice President and every detail of day to day operations for a larger team of 200 employees. I worked with a great group of people, many of whom became my friends. I looked forward to going to work and loved that the work allowed me to be creative, think outside the box, and collaborate with others daily. The hardest part of the job was taking on too much work at times and asking for help. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing a project knowing I gave it my all and met my deliverables with success.
very productive and a fun place to work at. Nice environment and excellent colleagues
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Ashburn, VANovember 20, 2014
Excellent Organization
Lead Customer Service Represent (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 13, 2014
Good company, lots of growth potential.*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Great Place to work
Director - Core Processing Platform Solutions (Current Employee), Miami, FLNovember 10, 2014
Pros: global recognition
Great salary & benefits.
I have enjoyed the time with this company. It has a great work/personal life balance
IT Project Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee), Foster City, CANovember 7, 2014
Awesome environment
very mature processes
employees are taken care of very well
very good system
QA Tester (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 5, 2014
Good place to work if only you are serious with your work. You can climb high.
Professional environment and solid company
Director & Business Leader (Current Employee), Miami, FLNovember 3, 2014
Pros: positive learning environment and global travel opportunities that my job entailed.
Cons: multiple time zones
There are no typical days at work, as on any given day, I could be either in the office and at my desk, or half-way around the world in front of 25-30 banking professionals delivering a training class on Visa-specific information.

I learned a great deal about topics such as Visa Basics, Visa Operations, and Visa Disputes Management.

Management was remote as I was located in one office and my manager across the country in another.

I enjoyed my co-workers and loved my teammates

The hardest part of the job was managing my entire team through 12+ time zones.

The most enjoyable aspect was the learning environment and global travel opportunities that my job entailed.
Loved it
System administrator (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDOctober 29, 2014
I loved working here but had to move on to more challenging stuff.
Strong market presence
Vice President, Visa Business Management (Former Employee), Foster City, CAOctober 22, 2014
Ejoyed working for company number one in the global marketplace.
Customer Service Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 16, 2014
Provided assistance to individuals with Visa cards. Handled disputes, lost or stolen cards. Activated and Deactived Visa cards
Ok place to work
Director (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 10, 2014
Visa is an ok place to work. It's a good place for career growth with a good employee base.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDOctober 1, 2014
Great place to work. Friendly people, grow opportunity , good salary.
Advanced Technology
Distributed Systems Analyst (Former Employee), McLean, VASeptember 24, 2014
Pros: very technical environment (noc setting)
Cons: 12 hour shifts can sometimes not give you the work/life balance you need.
Visa had a very laid back environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the dress code which was casual that included jeans 7 days a week. Additionally, management trusted the staff- As long as your work was done and done to perfection it did not matter. It was a very interesting business to be able to see millions of Visa transaction run through the NOC every few seconds.
learned experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), miami, flSeptember 24, 2014
gained customer service experience, but the company overall was not a great experience.