VISA, INC., MIAMI, FL 2008 – PRESENT
Operations Support Center
Sr. HELP DESK SUPPORT
• Actively participate in Crisis and Incident Management. Report, troubleshoot and monitor system issues or outages until services are restored (Levels 1 – 3).
This process includes, but is not limited to:
o Initial triage of all reported system issues:
Actions performed – more... by the user, steps taken; replication of the issue with determination that it is reproducible in other environments (i.e. BRP, Training, Test/UAV), gathering of error codes or responses, variances seen when other actions are performed
o Accurate impact assessment:
Complete impact assessment to determine number of users impacted, with overall percentage comparison of population affected; determination of alternate processes in place (“work-around”), potential impact to service level agreements (current and future)
o Incident escalation
Incident creation in BMC Remedy (“Viper”); accurate severity assignment based on impact assessment performed; ensure prompt and proper incident assignment to the owner group responsible for investigation/coordination, ensuring high-severity incidents are routed via in-house Service Desk for immediate conferencing with Support teams; accurate categorization of CI (configuration items), make accurate recommendations for high-severity incidents to ensure proper on-call Support teams are contacted, reaching out directly for adequate resources as needed; participate on established bridge conferences, working with Support towards resolution; perform post-resolution validation as required
o Notification process
Ensure all relevant personnel and management teams are aware of any current severity issues that have a detrimental effect upon Production, providing timely and accurate updates as new information is received, provide current impact assessments and SLA impacts, make recommendations for alternate processes or workload/workforce allocation modifications that may be needed to ensure services are interrupted as minimally as possible; provide resolution notes with Executive Summaries for distribution internally as well as externally to Clients that may have been peripherally impacted.
• Daily use of BMC Remedy Tool (“Viper”):
o Incident Management
Creation of new incidents (see above)
Follow-up of existing incidents: ensure proper escalation to Support teams, ensure that timely updates and progress are being documented, provide additional information or request updates via email system available via Remedy
Proper follow-up and closure with original requestor(s).
o Change Management
Monitor Change Calendar for relevant changes that may impact our global Call Center.
Determine system impact; challenge any unclear information to ensure that proper impact assessment is provided
Coordination: work with Support teams to ensure that changes are scheduled during times that will least impact Production and existing service level agreements (SLAs)
Notification process: ensure outage and service interruption notifications are distributed that clearly outline the system/application affected, maintenance window(s), total impact duration, clear impact assessment, alternate processes that may need to be put in place during the maintenance window(s).
o Problem Management
Root-cause investigations: research and/or compile root cause investigation results and provide Clients/Partners with in-depth analysis, particularly when service goals have been compromised.
Executive Summaries: provide management teams with incident summaries containing in-depth analysis and description of any high-severity incidents after root-cause investigations are completed.
• Client-to-Client; Client-to-Vendor Bridge Support.
• Contribute to process improvement initiatives, i.e. IT, strategic or administrative processes.
• Manage Call Center Operations: monitor service levels, occupancy, abandon rates, etc., making staff allocations as necessary.
• Lead Emergency Response Team (ERT) coordinating activities, documentation, training of staff.
• Expert knowledge of Genesys (IWS, WFM, CME), CMS, Avaya call routing programs.
• End-to-end processing of on-boarding and off-boarding activities for Call Center employees; follow-up audit activities related to the same.
• Conduct and/or coordinate day-to-day activities at the Operations Support Center including, but not limited to: creation of incident records for escalation, actioning ad-hoc requests received via email, inventory management, security and facilities liaison
• Responsible to coordinate quarterly audit activities for those applications for which we are Access Custodians; ensure user access and level of accesses are audited for compliance.
GCAS Customer Care Services – Data Management
Service Support Specialist
• Exchange and maintain information between cardholders, issuers, merchants, acquirers, members and product offices.
• Provide level 1 call support, email support, entitlements and enrollments for the Visa products (i.e. Visa Online). Own Level 1 issues through to resolution, working with Business or Development groups; troubleshoot and escalate to Level 2 as needed.
• Provide day-to-day support to Visa client institutions to ensure customer expectations are exceeded.
• Set-up new users, reset passwords; identify, troubleshoot and resolve processing, application usage or business issues.
• Respond to customer inquiries relating to general functionality support for Visa products.
• Educate clients, customers and colleagues on product and basic software applications, usage, and functionality.
• Data entry in multiple internal Visa applications.
• Responsible for compiling and publishing daily reports/spreadsheets on department progress. – less