Visa

Visa Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 18, 2014
Visa can trace its roots back to 1958, when the Bank of America launched BankAmericard, the first consumer credit card program available to middle-class consumers and small- to medium-sized merchants in the United States. It didn't take long for the company to grow; the company expanded internationally in 1974, followed quickly by the introduction of the debit card in 1975.

Two changes took place in the 1970s that defined our organization and reshaped an entire industry. First, BankAmericard became an independent entity that was eventually united under a common global brand — Visa. Second, Visa launched VisaNet, the world's first truly electronic authorization, clearing and settlement system, which enabled transactions to be completed in seconds.

These two milestones brought scale, security, reliability, and ubiquity to what was a fragile and fragmented business.
Serious Business
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Doral, FLAugust 16, 2014
Pros: lunches / breaks
Cons: benefits, dental, health, 401k plans.
A typical morning at Visa Would be a confused an un-happy customer, This job can hurt your feelings if your not prepared I've seen agents run out because of their temper. My co-worker were very down to earth and funny, I love the environment . The hour breaks where amazing.
Productive, short term
Customer service repersentative (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 15, 2014
I worked as a customer service rep for a sesonal opportunity. My time there was as expected.
Collaborative Work Environment with Talented Peers
Associate Product Analyst, Visa Checkout (Former Employee), Foster City, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: enjoyable location
Cons: cafeteria
Visa employs many bright individuals who are dedicated to contributing to a engaging work environment.
productive and fun place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee), Foster City, CAJuly 25, 2014
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization. Those who are entrepreneurial and interested in seizing opportunities for growth and personal challenge will enjoy working at Visa, where innovation is not only the cornerstone of our culture but also our most powerful advantage in creating cutting-edge solutions.

While we value and reward innovation, we also value individual achievement. Compared with other global organizations, our relatively small size - approximately 7,500 employees worldwide - means that each employee's contributions can be more meaningful and visible.
Good technical work
Technical Product Manager (Current Employee), Foster City, CAJuly 22, 2014
I am habby working with Visa and participating in the latest 2 of Visa innovations of Visa Checkout (Digital Wallet) and Cloud Based Payments
Very high politics and unfriendly working environment
Sr. Accountant (Current Employee), Foster City, CAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good work/life balance
Cons: bad management, lots of politics and lack of trust
The company has good benefits and advanced education program. Work/Life balance is good. Job security is bad since the new CEO came. Management sucks. The department I worked has lots of politics. People were competing each other instead of focusing on team work.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with politics and lack of trust.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the good relationship with the stakeholders that I had supported and the contributions and changes I have made to the company.
A nice compamy to land a job
Director (Current Employee), Foster City, CAJuly 2, 2014
Check daily schedule
Check any important emails that need to reply.
Data extraction and manipulation using SAS, Unix shell scripts, Hadoop map & reducer, Python.
Feature generation using XML.
Predictive Modeling using Salford system. Neural Networks Generation. Model selection, model validation. Model implementation.
Coaching un-experienced co-workers.
Get well with Clients and business partners.
Claims processor/underwriter
Credit Card Underwriter, AXA Assistance (Current Employee), Doral, FLJune 29, 2014
Pros: company match up to 3% for 401k, 30 days vacation yearly
Cons: no breaks, no possibilities of grown
Verify eligibility according to Terms & Conditions for each contract. Verify medical necessity, Medical records translation as necessary, process reimbursements requests and payments to providers accordingly. Resolve and escalate customers complaints and appeals. Process requests for early return, trip interruption, and delay returns.
Nice work environment
ETL Tester (Current Employee), Foster City, CAJune 6, 2014
Pros: work from home
work from home availabe. I have learned ETL, Banking card domain from Visa.
Excellent experience
Sr. Service Support Specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 2, 2014
Pros: winner of multiple visa go beyond recognition rewards
During my time with Visa, I worked in several departments including: Report Generating, Follow-Up, Data Management, and Operations Support. I have worked both on the forefront as a customer service rep as well as on the back end, entering data and updating the company's systems to business reporting at a high security level. I learned my work ethic from working for this structured company and attained several accomplishments while there.
Leading Global Payment Processing Company
Director of Program Management (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits, products and people to work with.
Excellent people and products, fast pace environement and everyone cares about their jobs. Very dedicated team of people working together to exceed expecations.
customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 8, 2014
amazing people to work with
team work
customer service to different people around the world
Growth
Market Analytics - Contractor (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 1, 2014
LAC office is growing, and is a nice place to work. All different functions from sales, finance and legal are present
Great place to work but not in Finance/Accounting
Finance (Former Employee), Foster CityApril 17, 2014
Pros: successful company and industry, hq is mid-pennisula
Cons: mgmt/non mgmt lines of difference
I worked there as a temp, the group I worked in just keeps turning over and over. They won't promote from within, they hire for open positions externally, but that's fine the mgmt team there wants to keep it young with people that won't challenge them.

Not recommended if you're in a finance/accounting position, unless you want to remain there for life.
Fun workplace
Sr. Technical Product Manager (Current Employee), Foster City, CAApril 13, 2014
Great environment to work in. Encourages productivity. Excellent experience gained in payments industry.
Corporate Environment
Employee (Current Employee), Highlands Ranch, COMarch 30, 2014
Visa Inc. is a great company to work for and has great benefits. As a minority it is very challenging to have an opportunity for advancement.
A tough job with some good and bad parts
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Owings Mills, MDMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great beneifts, good bonuses when given and sometimes great rewards
Cons: outsourcing, working their can be very stressful and hours can go up or down depending
I've worked for Visa International for five years. As a valuable employee this company had many ups and downs. The pay wasn't bad and benefits was great. The only issue was being a Customer Service Representative you can become burnt out due to being over worked and often you would have to keep putting in vacation requests which sometimes took awhile to answer back. The hours was great with occasional overtime which sometimes could be much or even having to do a earlier working shift to cover for other employees who didn't want do their jobs properly. Far as the corporate later goes you had to – more... work for this company a very long time to reach the top which at some point people began to run out of patients and felt like they was going no were fast. Toward the end as I saw it coming they began to fully outsource their employees which means paying people who are half way around the world for less and no need for Americans. Which totally demeans the value of this company since being laid off and was offered to move with the company but no raise or bonuses enough to cover for the expense of moving. So in all if you sign up with this company be prepared for some challenges and sometimes cut throating to reach the top along with either going international or going to some state in America were things are more expensive. – less
Professional Performance Tester
Performance Engineer/Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Foster City, CAMarch 23, 2014
● Performed various kinds of testing including Black box testing, White box testing, Positive testing, Negative testing, Integration, System, Regression, Functionality testing, Screen navigation / GUI testing, Data Driven testing, Performance, Load and Stress testing.
● Proficient in developing/writing Software Test Plans, Test Case Design, and Test Scripts based on User Requirements, Specifications and System Requirements documents.
● Good working experience with Project Managers, Release Managers, Business Analysts, Developers and other project professionals during Requirements Gathering, Designing, Development, Quality Assurance Planning, Documenting and Execution phases
Great company to work for.
Senior SAP ABAP Developer (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 18, 2014
Good company, always enjoyed working at this company.
Good team of professionals.

About Visa

Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments – Read more

Visa Salaries