ViSalus Employee Reviews in United States

safe clean and modern office environment, fair benefits
Support Team Agent (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 4, 2015
this is a great job for young folks living at home with parents/ college students. there is no job security as twice within the one year that I was employed here, they conducted what is commonly known office wide as 'the purge'. dozens of employees are let go without warning. immediately new employees are hired for same jobs for less pay. however, it is a great place for a young person to start out and learn the politics, culture and sales and service techniques required in today's competitive sales offices.
benefits
Cons
micromanaging, poor work/life balance, no job security
Good pay
Account Maintenance, telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 4, 2016
Company was good paying at first but then after a certain period of time over 100 people were laid off and the new people were paid a lot less.
Pros
Good pay, friendly coworkers
Cons
company changes and lower pay not worth working for
Not the place to work if you want to have a life outside of work which most humans do.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesJuly 11, 2013
ViSalus is the kind of place where you walk in to a high-stress environment where everything seems to be a priority. Not only are managers harassing their team during weeknights, but weekends, and even on vacation days. This is a place where you have to prioritize your job over your relationships, family, and friends.

The only positive thing I can say is that if you work for a sort-of -decent manager, you may be able to get a raise or promotion fairly quickly. So if you want to sacrifice everything else in your life and make a bit more money and have a nice promotion on your resume, this could be the place for you.

To top it all off, management has no clue how to handle situations and every decision is made on the fly. You would think with a product that is suppose to help you be healthier, decisions on controversies, product issues, etc. would be handled more seriously.

I do not recommend working for this company and leaving has been the best career decision I have made so far.
Sweatshop-Beware
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesMarch 15, 2013
I worked at one of the corporate offices not as a promoter. The working class are expected to work 24/7- total sweatshop. Benefits were sub par. No strategic direction on where the company is going other than promotional- Saving the obese in America. No internal advancement with management trying to figure it out as they go along. Most not qualified with no real experience. Chaos, political divides, private agendas, nepotism, negative reinforcement. Unbelievable- really.
Pros
shakes taste good
Cons
many leaving becuase of employee treatment
Good Place to Work
Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 11, 2016
Worked with a team of 8.
worked in an Agile Environment. Have daily meetings and planning meeting once in a week. Worked in a friendly environment.
Rewarding place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  TroyMarch 25, 2013
ViSalus Corporate is the first company I have worked for that supports professional growth, promotes from within and provides a state of the art facility to work in. The environment is fast paced, and the expectations are high, but for anyone that wants to move forward in their professional career and be recognized for their hard work....this is the place to be!
Pros
brand new facility with gym, supportive coworkers, great benefits
Cons
fast paced environment which isn't for everyone!
Excited and Motivating
Marketing and Sales (Current Employee) –  DetriotOctober 29, 2015
I enjoy what we do. All the personal development and understanding the value of your future with the company and why your doing what you do.
Influential and Education
Regional Director of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  CAMarch 13, 2015
Working for ViSalus was my personal start to my Fitness Career. The team I worked with was unstoppable. The mentorship that was created with each new team member was there to lead them to success. The company needs to have a better structure for pay and not just commissioned base. If you deliver results consistanly you will be paid well. For those trying to feed there family and starting out, they will have lots of work to do. The product is a meal replacement: Soy supplement. Soy is hand-in-hand with estrogen. If you ask me, Soy should not be in any weight loss product. If you consume too much, it will have adverse effects.
Pros
education
Cons
only commissioned based.
Direct Sales Position
Direct Sales & Promotion (Current Employee) –  Gibsonville, NCSeptember 17, 2012
I really like being a part of this comapny! However this is Direct Sales and there are no gauranteed benefits at this time for me. I am looking to find a full time job and focus on this on my on time. I am not leaving ViSalus bc I love making differences in other peoples lives.
Great Culture- We Are Building Something!
HR (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 25, 2013
It's amazing to walk into our beautiful headquarters everyday and realize this is where I work! We have grown very quickly and changed a lot, and it has taken every bit of talent to get us here. Anyone could feel the positive energy in this place! Our management team works hard to identify weaknesses and create fixes. A typical day can't be explained because we move so fast, you better be ready for anything! My co-workers are always ready to jump in and help me with projects and we can be goofy and silly, or serious and business-ready at a moment's notice.
Pros
gym, positive environment, culture
Cons
still working out the kinks in promotions
Wonderful balance between work life and home life!
HR (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 25, 2013
ViSalus is the best company I have ever worked for. The benefits of working in a healthy environment are fantastic. I love our core values and what the company stands for.
Pros
love working out at our onsite gym!
Great Work from Home
Regional Director, Orlando (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 18, 2015
Lead, build, and manage a sales force. Training independent agents to recruit, train, and promote direct selling
products.Solicit and present weight loss program to potential clients.

The culture of Visalus is "Life, Health, and Prosperity"; it lives up to this standard. It was rewarding to be able to help people to change their health and to improve their quality of life. Environment was fun and very exciting.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Hardly any downtime
fun workplace with gym.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 17, 2015
This is a good place to work at for entry level. You learn good sales techniques and have a chance to make a difference in people's lives. Managment could improve and advancement can be tough due declining sales of business. Overall it was a great experience working here.
Pros
gym, coworkers, environment
Cons
management, declining sales
Great leaders, challenging work environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 12, 2015
Visalus is a challenging work place with great leadership, as well as many opportunities for advancements and great incentives.
Fun spirited and great tastin product!
Director (Current Employee) –  Chesaning MIOctober 27, 2013
Your salary is all in what you make it. If you put the work in, you can become a millionaire.
Dream Job
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 27, 2013
I worked for one of the most respected tech companies for almost 8 years and experiences the dangled-carrot development strategy. My work here allows me all the freedoms that I was denied at my previous job. I finally feel that I am on a career path vs a "job." I feel like people care about my welfare and want to see me succeed.

Don't get me wrong...its not a cush job and there is work to do; but I enjoy it. My team is funny and we work hard to change the norm and definition of what a "corporate job" is.
Pros
real team environment, free product, seeing results on the effort you give
Cons
none really
Think twice
Project Management (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 31, 2015
I regret accepting this position and overlooking my own concerns. Poor leadership, no sense of direction. Won't be around in a few more years - if that.
Cons
Leadership / stability
If you're not 'Hip" stay away
Phone agent (Former Employee) –  Troy MINovember 22, 2013
I worked there for approximately a year and a half. I dedicated much time doing side projects for them, hoping to advance. I did progress slightly on the "corporate ladder", but not nearly as much as I deserved. I trained new agents on the phone, only later to find out I was training new supervisors. The supervisory staff was paid a relatively comfortable salary to sit around and do nothing. They sat in the huddle rooms talking about their fantasy basketball teams rather than tend to the agents. 9/10 times when a newer agent needed a supervisor, they were not able to be found. Not to mention all the "inter-office relations" that was taking place. It took me back to my high school days to be honest. The lack of professionalism and maturity was quite disturbing. Many other people who reviewed this company already said it, but if you weren't family or friends with management, in with the right click, or Chaldean, you went nowhere. The amount of nepotism in the management is disgusting. To make things worse, they had a company-wide lay off for "restructuring" and they let go all the supervisors who actually did their job! I'm not sure what they were getting at with that one... I will say however, that they had a beautiful office, and some of the perks were great. PTO, Floating Holidays, gym in the office... And they did try to reward you with retention saves and up-sells. That was great, but there was unfairness in that even... This company has plateaued though and is not going to make anymore money. Long and short of it is, they'll pay you for your hard work in making the company  more... money by selling or saving, you just have to be able to tolerate not going anywhere in the company if you're not "in".  less
Pros
gym at the office, what the work culture was supposed to stand for
Cons
nepotism in the workplace, lazy management
HIgh Stress/Pressure Environment- Its all about $
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesMarch 30, 2013
I was really excited to be hired at Visalus as when I interviewed they told me how great the company was and that it had a great one-of-a kind culture. I was very disappointed within 3 months when I realized that I had no support to be successful in my job and that the demands placed on me and others were more than unreasonable.No budget, no support, no direction and doing the job of 3 people- like many there. I felt overall that the employees were treated very badly while working very hard pulling 12-14 hour days and weekends. The whole company lives and dies by the sales numbers day to day. Many employees have quit and moved on and this trend continues today. If you are up for the challenge of a high stress & pressure job with little recognition and pay in exchange for some quick and dirty experience- this is the place for you. Love the previous comments from HR. My advice- Talk to a current employee to learn more.
Pros
pantry with shakes and vitamins; coming in late everyday to work
Cons
epic pressure & stress. workload insane. senior executives sitting around.
fun and interesting
Promoter (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 19, 2015
perfect for those who are into health and fitness. you are able to talk to a wide range of people. the members in your team are really helpful.
Pros
able to work from home, change peoples lives
Cons
time consuming, sometimes get abuse

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ViSalus. Our community is ready to answer.