Vishay Employee Reviews

Quiet , relaxing work schedule
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEJanuary 9, 2017
Working security is a boring job.I learned that people like to feel protected by having a security officer on duty.Management likes having you there.My coworkers are happy to be needed .
Pros
It can be a rewarding job with minimal effort
Cons
It does require you to be on call at moments notice
my job
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEDecember 12, 2016
it was an okay place to work. was super busy and had no problem makeing us work 7 days a week 10 hours perday. you run a machine day in and day out .
Pros
Cons
everything
Productive and fun work place
Equipment Maintenance Associate Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 11, 2016
Business mind company, not employee future. Need to care more about future of employee instead of profit, profit, profit.

Great team work and management on lower level.
Pros
got what your performance give
Cons
move oversea
Good place to work, unfortunately laid off due to company relocation.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAOctober 18, 2016
Great place to work, compensation/benefits competitive,employees got along well. They appreciated great work and would occasionally bring in food for entire staff as a "job well done".

Company is re-locating to Washington, unfortunately only a few employees left, much of the equipment has already been moved to Washington. Several employees were laid off, I was one of them. Looking for a job which is what i enjoy and excel in.
Pros
occasional free lunch
Cons
no complaints
Not enough interface beteen management and workers
Wafer Fab Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAAugust 17, 2016
There is no much to say I work night shift when
Ever since I was hired but there is no indication of workers being interactive with one another
Pros
ALWAYS GET PAID OVERTIME FOR THE LAST 4 HOURS OF THE SHIFT WHEN WORKING NIGHT SHIFT
Cons
Working weekends due to the shift schedule assigned at the time of hiring
Good company to work for.
Electronic Assembler (Former Employee) –  Wendell, NCAugust 16, 2016
Good company to work for. care about their employees, Offered good Benefits package. This company cared about the employee's family and work life balance and the customer that they supplied product to.
Pros
healthcare offered
Cons
Holidays given
Great Company to work for.
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sanford, MEAugust 13, 2016
Was able to advance through multiple accounting positions and discover my love for the profession. I learned how to work through corporate channels.
Pros
Variety of different skills learned
Cons
was employed at time of plant closing
great starting point for a career
Engineering Technician II (Current Employee) –  Yankton, SD 57078August 9, 2016
what I have learned as an engineering tech is that there is no way to move up. You need a 4 year degree to go anywhere with the company. You could pay a technician a little better to do most of the engineers job.
Cons
the pay is one of the worst
team work
Medical operator (Assembler 1) (Former Employee) –  Yankton, SDAugust 8, 2016
I learned to work a couple jobs at Vishay, that helps the team out when need be. The atmosphere is very meek when it comes to co workers, everyone usually keeps to themselves.
It was a great company!
Manufacturing Operator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 3, 2016
I had a wonderful time working for Vishay Siliconix. I wished it could have been longer but since I was only a temporary employee, I was the first one to be laid off.
friendly working environment
Wafer Fab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 25, 2016
working with grinder to make wafer to right thickness required
from recipe then process through vacuum chamber Mark 50
to deposit three layer of metal on the back of wafer.
discussing and organizing work with co-worker to maximize
the output .
Pros
cleanroom supply always ready to use
Cons
clock in and out at working area
A good learning place for enrichment in all aspect and a place to workout.
Wafer Fab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 30, 2016
Work well with the shift 3/4 in 12 hr graveyard schedule. A multi tasking work to ensure all high tech equipment in full capacity to process wafers into finish Integrated Circuit. I learned time management to meet the demand in accomplishing the job. I love to work in teamwork environment especially all my co worker contributed to meet quota each shift. I do also worked and concentrated in my own assign tool for qualification and obtained results efficiently. The hardest part when high inventory and no manpower to help to meet the goal. Being shorthanded was challenging however work done when everyone around did double effort to accomplish the job. The most enjoyable part was when appreciated and rewarded of the hard work done in timely manner despite of the obstacle factors arises. Management gave free lunches. Every communication meeting the management always prepared snacks and drinks to offer. As I would say lastly, as the most hardest part was accepting my position need to terminate due to the demand of the business and had to transfer the technology a more highly modern facility.
Pros
Safe, friendly and offered excellent benefits
Cons
fast pace, long shift
Fun enjoyable work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJune 26, 2016
Would go in at 7 and work until 330.Any problems that would arise would be taken care of asap from managment. The hardest part of the job would of been trying to keep up to rate sometimes. Enjoyed the people I worked with very friendly.
Pros
set schedule enjoyable people to work with
Cons
Low pay
Sr. Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 20, 2016
8 to 6. However extended hours in the morning and evening to contact colleagues in Europe and Asia.
Sharepoint, Basics of website development.
Not the best management
Friendly and helpful co-workers.
Having a project completed within a specified timeframe.
Customer interface.
Great management - Easy jobs
Quality Control Tester (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMay 27, 2016
I was surrounded by wonderful people who were always willing to lend a hand with any questions someone may have had or with any mechanical issues that may have been encountered.
management is not generally generous
Wafer Fab Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 23, 2016
a typical day at work is 12 hours work can only come out of the fab during lunch, break. I learned how to manage my time to be able to finished my task before the next shift comes.My co workers are great we have a good teamwork.
Quiet work environment good people
Electrical Laser Technician (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 19, 2016
One of the first jobs where I got utilize my degree in electronics applying what I learned in the classroom in the field. Vishay opened up all the opportunities I have had working as an electrician in a great field to be in.
Productive and hard work pay off with good benefits.
Senior Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 4, 2016
A lot of hard work and long hours on the work days, especially on the weekend, but the days off is nice to take care the family.
Learn to work well with other people from all different backgrounds and cultures.
During Holidays its fun when we have cookouts
Wet chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIApril 15, 2016
I've learned a lot since I've started working here great employers and supervisors also great place to get to know everyone the hardest part is the wages but the health care and insurance is awesome.
Pros
health insurance, vacations, sick time, great employers
Cons
short breaks
It was a great place to work.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Wendell, NCApril 13, 2016
I was trained to run 5 departments. I would adhere copper or aluminum to a foil like plate using a hydro-electro plating process. I would use a spin coater and apply a coating then would print an image on the plate, afterwards I would develop the plate to reveal the image. I would trim the plate to size, package it and send it to shipping. I learned a lot while working with Vishay. The Hydro- electric process was the hardest thing to learn but the most fun when I got the process down. The management is very understanding and my co-workers were keen on teamwork. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was using the microscopes. I enjoy any type of lab work.
Pros
Large Break room, Smoke area.
Cons
had to change shoes, and lab attire anytime you leave building, can, t leave while on break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vishay. Our community is ready to answer.