Vishay Employee Reviews

No health benefits
Adjuster for resistant check (Current Employee) –  Wendell, NCFebruary 21, 2018
they will hire you on as a temp and you can be a good worker come to work everyday and even work over on the weekend they will string you along like they will hire you and have to work for them a year or two and tell you they are not hire at this time that sucks!!
Business Planner - Overall a good experience
Business Planner (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 3, 2018
I started Vishay as a data entry clerk and worked my way up to a Senior Business Planner. I planned the business lines globally to meet the needs of our customers. We had to meet on-time delivery, schedule all orders, reply to daily email, communicate and update the needs of customer service. We had daily and weekly planning meetings which included sales, marketing, manufacturing and engineering
Pros
Continual learning opportunities and growth
Cons
Long hours with some language barriers
Vishay will close the Santa clara site,no need to work there.
Staff Foundry and Process Integration engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 13, 2017
Vishay will close the Santa Clara site, the management level try to layoff their working people to save themselves. The atmosphere is not good since 2016.
Pros
No free lunch, no tea bags .. to save money spending
Cons
ok
An enviorment in which you pick up things really fast..
WSL Coater/ UV Inspector (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NENovember 8, 2017
Its an easy and balanced place to learn and work from, people around you are friendly and help in any way shape and form that they can, i think the hardest part of the job is reaching your goal at times just because not everyday is going to be the same as the next,
Pros
opportunities are given
Cons
they are not to patient
Solid place to work
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Yankton, SDNovember 5, 2017
Vishay is a good, solid company to work for. It is very structured, disciplined, organized. This is a good place for someone who likes rules. There is a designated time to go to work, eat lunch and go home. There is a designated place to park. There is a dress-code. Employees are expected to stay within the guidelines.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Rigid guidelines
job is good and easyto learn
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NENovember 1, 2017
management leaves something to be desired, will move you to another department without any forewarning, pay is low for the area and other factories in town
Horrible job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 10, 2017
I wouldn’t suggest this place to my worst enemy. Everything about it is awful. Management is unorganized and uncaring. Coworkers gossip,cause drama and waste time while being paid. They can’t keep employees and have a hard time bringing more in because of the drama, low pay, garbage management and lack of advancement. I have nothing good to say about this place.
vishay
Jr. Buyer/ Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 8, 2017
lots of long term employees. lots of work. fast pace. offered mobile discount plan and holiday pays. flexible with schedule and offered tuition reimbursement.
Poor me Management
Printer Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NESeptember 29, 2017
It was an in house place to work the people that worked there for 20 years didn't like anybody else walking in the door. One trainer widget tell you to do something this way and the next retaliated do it this way it was a very confusing job
Pros
Turn our ships so you only have to work 4 days
Cons
Low pay no Room for advancement
Its a ok place to work but I just feel like I can do better
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Wendell, NCSeptember 15, 2017
For the most part of working at Vishay its not any hard work. A typical day there starts with pouring chemicals for all different types of customs....
Poor place to work
Assembler 1 (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 13, 2017
You can not make a living working just here. Almost every one there has to work 2 or three jobs to maintain a living. Very clicky and ladies talk behind your back and always in each others business.
Pros
Discount for gym
Cons
Bad pay
Good Start
Senior Supply Chain Planner (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 21, 2017
Vishay is willing to help you grow to become a strong employee. The colleagues you gain throughout your time will be lifelong and makes the work environment enjoyable.
Many long time employees work here and employees stay busy
Production General Foreman (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 1, 2017
Good benefits on par with Silicon Valley, corporate management located on east coast, Vishay Siliconix is a company cost center of Vishay. Overall a good place to work.
Enjoyed working with this company
Fab tech specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 30, 2017
It was nice working in Vishay. Met new friends and interesting people of different backgrounds, culture and personalities. We used to have Christmas parties, summer company picnics, casino nights and raffles every quarterly meetings. Great working experience overall.
Pros
Compress work week
Cons
Short lunch and breaks
I enjoyed working in this company because used to be stable and productive.
Lead/Operator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 28, 2017
Working this company for 26 years and enjoyed most of the days because like I said I loved my job and all my supervisors are believed on me I can worked without any supervisor and by my team worker we finished all the schedule on time at the end of the day we submit all the requirement with no problems.
Pros
Sometimes in previous years we have a good thanksgiving and Christmas party without a cost.
Cons
Lately out company are not very concerned to the employee especially we are working on the weekends.
Relaxed atmousphere
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Yankton, SDJuly 27, 2017
Relaxed and everyone willing to help. Friendly and enjoyable .Management has an open door policy and willing to help at any time. Many work activities. Company outings and barbeques. Plenty of interactive activities.
Pros
Family atmousphere
It was great working at Vishay
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 20, 2017
It was great working at Vishay. The production group from management to operators worked well together to meet common goals. It was always a great feeling to achieve production goals because of how well we worked together.

Vishay took care of their employees by providing competitive benefits - medical, dental, vision and 401K.

I am most thankful for my own personal growth. Vishay had provided me training in all the areas in the fab for which I then Supervised - Epi, Diffusion, Photo, Etch, Implant, Thin Film, Metal, Plating and Back metal.
Pros
Benefits, developmental growth
Cons
manufacturing closed
very productive
inspector/screenprint operator. (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJuly 14, 2017
I enjoyed working here. the management and fellow emplyees where great. The pay was acceptable. and insurance was available almost immediately. I generally enjoyed the worked that performed there.
Operator 1 (Current Employee) –  Yankton, SDJuly 13, 2017
I like my job there. I have met a lot of great people. Most of the supervisors are fair and work with their people. I learned a lot about the manufacturing field.
Not a good place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEJune 29, 2017
People talk a lot about each other and it's filled with a lot of drama. Work is boring and the managers don't care about how their employees are working. Disrespect from employees. Things stolen out of work locker. All in all, stressful work environment.
Pros
Good pay, available overtime