Vishay

Vishay Employer Reviews

Good pay with bad leadership
Lead Facility Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), Yankton, SDOctober 1, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management
you didnt know what you were going to do when you got to work and you could plan something and by the time you did it they changed it and didnt tell you.
Everyday is a different task
Lead Facility Maintenance Tech (Current Employee), Yankton, SDSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: pay is one of the best in town
Cons: never knowing what you are doing and they change plans without telling you.
You never know what you are doing each day. The coworkers are good and very knowledgeable. Management is one of the things that I dislike about this job.
Disappointment
Worker (Current Employee), Columbus, NEJuly 7, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: coworkers need to retire
Typical day was steady paced and the work was fun for the most part.

What I learned was there is a lot of UNDERPAID smart old people that should be getting at least double the pay to begin with. The people at Vishay are old and about to retire in the next few years. Currently HR is scrambling trying to get positions filled, and no one applies.... (should tell you something)

Management for the main plant is bad and you will get little if any support while your desk breaks under the load of work being placed on your desk.

Co-Workers: out of the 50 or so people I deal with I say I would only trust two not to stab me in the back. This place is unreal with the coworkers complaining about every little thing....then running to HR before even talking to the manager....

Hardest Part of the Job: Standing by as management reacts to insubordinate employees that create more problems then they solve. The reason behind this I believe is the employees are so underpaid for there skill set that the management will not say anything to correct issues to avoid people leaving.

The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: Daily challenge
sporatic daily procedures
Material Handler (Former Employee), Columbus, NEJune 9, 2014
Pros: decent benefits, regular daytime hours.
Cons: not a good work environment when in a no win situation.
I never knew what the day would bring, I would come in and from day to day and week to week and something would always change. I was never given an opportunity to "Get in the Groove" of things so I could excel!

I worked as hard as I could to be part of the Team but my co-workers had there own agenda.

The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I did my best and that I take a lot of pride in that.
Vishay
Secretary (Former Employee), Bennington, VTJuly 31, 2013
Pros: fun working environment
Cons: never knowing where i was going to be?
Typical day varied from day to day. I was usually in different departments.
How to check leads on certain items.
Management was great
Coworkers were great
Never knowing if it was my last day
The people I worked with