Vishay Employee Reviews

Supply Chain Management - Planning
Planner (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEJune 7, 2015
A typical day involves running reports, planning production orders for production to build for the week, maintaining master data and answering questions for co-workers and customer service.

I have learned a lot about supply chain management. From the purchasing side to the raw materials needed to build the product to making sure production has enough orders for the coming week.

Co-workers are good at what they do. The hardest part is we move around positions a lot which makes it very hard to learn your product well.

I enjoy the job but do not always agree with having to move from position to position.
Pros
Flexible hours if needed for appointments. Great insurance
Cons
short breaks, no overtime
Productive and busy
Sr. Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 8, 2015
There is no typical day, always busy. There are PM's that need to get done on a normal day, on a bad day a system might go down, so that needs to get fixed right away.
Vishay is a clean place to work at with weekends and holidays off and great benefits. Vishay will train you if you do not have experience.
Assembler 2 Lace and Solder (Former Employee) –  Yankton, SD Medical Dept.December 10, 2014
My typical day at Vishay consisted of soldering while looking through a microscope and learning hand eye coordination. My supervisor and material handler treated me fair with goals to meet each day. I learned team work with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was learning the criteria and specifications of each model. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the friends I made through out the years I was employed at Vishay.
Pros
mon.-fri. day hours
Cons
payscale is not wat it should be
Good pay with bad leadership
Lead Facility Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Yankton, SDOctober 1, 2014
you didnt know what you were going to do when you got to work and you could plan something and by the time you did it they changed it and didnt tell you.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Everyday is a different task
Lead Facility Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Yankton, SDSeptember 10, 2014
You never know what you are doing each day. The coworkers are good and very knowledgeable. Management is one of the things that I dislike about this job.
Pros
pay is one of the best in town
Cons
never knowing what you are doing and they change plans without telling you.
Disappointment
Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, NEJuly 7, 2014
Typical day was steady paced and the work was fun for the most part.

What I learned was there is a lot of UNDERPAID smart old people that should be getting at least double the pay to begin with. The people at Vishay are old and about to retire in the next few years. Currently HR is scrambling trying to get positions filled, and no one applies.... (should tell you something)

Management for the main plant is bad and you will get little if any support while your desk breaks under the load of work being placed on your desk.

Co-Workers: out of the 50 or so people I deal with I say I would only trust two not to stab me in the back. This place is unreal with the coworkers complaining about every little thing....then running to HR before even talking to the manager....

Hardest Part of the Job: Standing by as management reacts to insubordinate employees that create more problems then they solve. The reason behind this I believe is the employees are so underpaid for there skill set that the management will not say anything to correct issues to avoid people leaving.

The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job: Daily challenge
Pros
easy job
Cons
coworkers need to retire
sporatic daily procedures
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NEJune 9, 2014
I never knew what the day would bring, I would come in and from day to day and week to week and something would always change. I was never given an opportunity to "Get in the Groove" of things so I could excel!

I worked as hard as I could to be part of the Team but my co-workers had there own agenda.

The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I did my best and that I take a lot of pride in that.
Pros
decent benefits, regular daytime hours.
Cons
not a good work environment when in a no win situation.
Vishay
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bennington, VTJuly 31, 2013
Typical day varied from day to day. I was usually in different departments.
How to check leads on certain items.
Management was great
Coworkers were great
Never knowing if it was my last day
The people I worked with
Pros
fun working environment
Cons
never knowing where i was going to be?