We are looking for a junior(-mid) level Hadoop software engineer to join the rapidly growing Data team in our engineering organization.
Our volume of incoming data is rapidly increasing (receiving 10M+ ad impressions per day), so we are moving away from our current SQL-centric solution to a big-data/Hadoop approach to manage the volume and provide our business team and customers with state of the art reporting and analytics functionality.
- Maintain/expand our Hadoop systems (both private cloud and on Amazon AWS / EMR). Ensure reliability and robustness
- Design and setup our Hadoop systems for processing of the massive volume of data that our advertising products generate.
- Develop Hadoop workflows and jobs using Java (MapReduce), Python, and shell scripts. Publish aggregate result data to SQL.
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science, 1-2 years experience
- Hands-on experience with Hadoop implementation and operation, including initial setup and configuration of Hadoop clusters.
- Experience developing Hadoop MapReduce jobs.
- Good understanding of Hadoop stack and tools (Hive, HBase, HDFS,…)
- Experience with Linux OS, shell scripting, Python, and Java
- Experience with relational databases (SQL)
- Experience with Amazon Elastic MapReduce is a plus.
About Visible World
Founded in 2000, Visible World is the leading provider of targeted television advertising solutions. Our suite of technology, applications and services enables advertisers, agencies, and media companies to deliver more targeted, measurable ads. Our TV Ad Marketplace enables advertiser-defined targeted audience buying while our TV ad customization system helps advertisers and agencies easily produce more relevant versions to take advantage of these targeting capabilities. Visible World empowers over 300 advertisers to deliver more effective and more accountable campaigns to consumers in approximately 80% of US cable homes.
Indeed - 4 months ago