Vision Airlines Employee Reviews in United States

Corporate Travel Agent/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 12, 2016
Worked alone most of the time. enjoyed the customers that came in management is always easy to talk to and very understanding
Probably one of the worst places to work, paychecks bounce often
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVFebruary 22, 2016
The hardest part of the job at Vision Airlines is the exception that no matter how hard you try advancement isn't possible unless you are related to a manager. The paychecks bounce like rubber balls and respecting the customer is frowned upon. The company does not follow labor laws, nor do they pay their bills but because everyone needs their jobs no one stands against the poor business practices. Expectations upon each employee is not universal, often race is favored no matter how many complaints of justified unfairness is addressed. The most enjoyable part of the position was primarily the hours I worked and being permitted to do homework when my office work was completed daily.
Pros
hours, free time
Cons
healthcare fraud, not abiding by labor laws
Past It's Sell-By-Date, This is a dying airline, will be surprised if they see out the end of the year!
Las Vegas Office (Former Employee) –  Las VegasAugust 10, 2015
This airline had the makings to be something great, in my time here, I have seen people leave for bigger jobs - Major Airlines, People walked off the premises with no notice, including a co-owner ousted by his "Partners" behind his back & people leaving after finally seeing the light at the end of tunnel by realizing jobs do exist that pay you benefits -

This company will ditch you without notice if suits them so always make sure you have boxes handy. Airline is full of employees waiting for the next big job to come calling & when it does you will see the difference between working for a real airline & Vision.

The Canyon operation is struggling due to limited aircraft & spares which keeps the airline ticking - This will run out due to lack of resources pretty soon!

If you need a job then take it but always keep your resume fresh & flood the market as soon as you can.
Pros
My Co-Workers (Excluding Management), Salary Ok, Short commute to work, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
No Benefits, No Job Security, Unpredictable Owners, No 401-K, Medical coverage cancelled but they still took payment from peoples salaries.
Non structured company, Poor Management.
CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Las VegasAugust 1, 2015
Horrible Planing, they will leave you stranded at a city with no flight to go back home, no hotels having to wait sometimes up to 8hrs.
no direct deposit, they mail your check and sometimes not even on time.
they will try to overwork you overpassing FAA rules and FAR.s
Its a charter company
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 20, 2015
It was my first experience as a flight attendant and will be my last with a charter company. Not a reliable source of income more of a job for a mother going through a mid-life crisis or a kid with support fresh out of school. Traveling was awesome though and they never put us in crummy hotels. I was grateful to see other countries and meet new people if nothing else. My DOI and instructor were great but the close knit family like power structure there will always hinder the company with its petty grudges. Also they are building a bad reputation for reliability so its not a long term position with contracts coming and going within months. If you want to travel and earn some pocket cash doing so go for it.
Pros
travel, accomedations
Cons
healthcare, small company, not structured well
Aviation Job
Flight Line Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 21, 2014
A day at my job has the makings to be great. I have learned to be steadfast in this organization. Co-worker is cool, notice I said co-worker. Hardest part to to plan life around this work. I enjoy watching an aircraft launch.
Pros
night shift
Cons
changing flight schedule
Pay & Co-workers are fun. Job Security is horrible
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLMay 16, 2014
The pay is wonderful and so are the co-workers. Old planes. Home every night. Maintenance issues.
Diverse company that gave me the opportunity to have fun while providing phenomenal customer service
Lead Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 26, 2013
Everyday was a fresh start. I learned to expect the unexpected, always making the best of a challenging or unplanned situation. Worked well with management to create the best possible service. Established a cooperative and comfortable relationship with all co-workers, ensuring a successful team approach to every task at hand. Enjoyed consistently meeting new customers and traveling to various destinations. Fluctuations in the airline industry makes job security very unstable and difficult to trust.
Pros
seeing new places and meeting new people
Cons
job security is low, making it difficult to rely on a long term career within the company
Great Coworkers
Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 20, 2013
Each day is a roller coaster there these days. Huge lack of communication between all departments with a lack of resources to do your work efficiently. Employee's are great and the personalities really make it worth while to be here. Job security is the biggest problem, they will lay you off with no notice then call you back days later to accept another job because the turnover has increased so much over the past 12 months. There is room for growth and success as long as the micromanaging stops.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
too many
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas NevadaApril 9, 2013
Vision Airlines has a very unstable atmosphere. Job security is unlikely.
Great group of people to work with.
Director of Stations (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVApril 3, 2013
Vision Airlines was a great working experience, but due to management displacement and so many uncertainties with the growth, the company had to downsize and I was let go.
Pros
the people there
Cons
managent directions.
Employees were great, mechanic
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Based in Louisville, KYMarch 12, 2013
I was there only for a year. Everyone I worked with was great. My direct supervisor was great. His bosses, not so much. We usually played musical parts on 4 airplanes due to the fact we only had enough parts to make two planes fly at one time. In my final days at Vision I was a flight mechanic on a 767 in Caracas, Venezuela. Most of the time there were only 2 sometimes 3 mechanics to cover 140-150 man hours per week. We flew with the plane. Week starts at 10 am on Sunday with a chance to take a shower on mid day Tuesday, then another chance for a shower on Thursday mid day and finally sleep in a hotel on Friday night and Saturday night. The plane flies 7 days a week. This was 20 days on 10 days off. Oops almost forgot. They switched me over to salary when I was on that schedule. 59k/year. A mechanic would stay on the plane for four legs, that's four crew changes, and get a chance to get a shower. If the plane breaks on the fourth leg, you stay and work on it.
Pros
see the world
Cons
see the world and stay there for 2 hours and leave. stay on the plane from 8-10 hours a leg.
Unpredictable
Passenger Service Agent / GSC (Former Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLJanuary 6, 2013
Just not a predictable company to work for. Flights were always late. Very angry passengers. Planes would be taken away from flights for charter flights. Never knew if there was a job for me the next day.
Pros
money
Cons
horrible owners
Loved the employees and the job
Corporate Flight Attendant/Instructor (Former Employee) –  IADJanuary 2, 2013
worked on long flights into war zones, Provided safety and dining to VIP government officials.
Pros
good money
Cons
bad management
Fun company to work for at a cost
Technical Publications Manager (Former Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLSeptember 3, 2012
Vision is a great company with a lot to offer. Their lack of responsibility to not only customers, but employees is unbelievable. They will let you go with an 8 hour notice, and your manager will not even be the one to make the call.
Awesome Company
Corporate Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NBAugust 23, 2012
Pleasure to work with people at Vision and the management team was great,
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
it can lead to long hours
A great place to work, but unfortunately has very insecure job retention.
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 21, 2012
I loved my brief time at Vision Airlines. The people there are great, and it has a very low stress, laid back environment that allows you to be productive and efficient without feeling the need to micromanage and nitpick everything, while still holding good accountability.

Unfortunately due to certain issues, job stability and security is poor and indefinite furloughs and lay offs happen more often than other places.
Pros
laid back, easy going environment, decent pay, decent benefits, good people.
Cons
poor job security.
Flight schedule delays was the major issue. Delayed flight arrival & departures
"LIT", Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 15, 2012
Assisting travelers with their check in process, baggage, ticketing,& providing information on the local areas for 3 flights a week. From LIT all flight went through VPS Okaloosa Cty airport in Ft Walton Beach, Fl.

Working with the many families traveling with children, all of which were so excited about going "to the beach", was very rewarding to me. I enjoyed the interaction I had with each and every passenger traveling. Good Bad & Ugly. It was difficult to explain why a passenger missed their flight or that a flight might havee been overbooked.

I hope Vision will return to LIT and that I will again be the Customer Service Representative.
Pros
meeting so many new people from all walks of life
Cons
scheduling conflicts and delayed flights
Fun for travel and Meeting new people
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 20, 2012
As a company Vision is excellent at comercial flyng and consistantly growing as a Commercial Airline. Always new and exciting changes that keep you guessing.

2.9