Vision Service Plan Employee Reviews

Difficult career advancement, good benefits
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 31, 2017
- difficult to establish reputation for career advancement
- underpaid for some roles
- favortism among management
- encouraged to volunteer
- good work life balance
Pros
work life balance
Cons
career advancement opportunity
Family oriented work environment
CALL CENTER/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 21, 2017
On the phones with patients and doctors all day. I started the learning process of ICD codes. My immediate manager was awsome. Very friendly environment. I really like working with the patients to help them to understand there benefits.
Customer Care Business Analyst
Customer Care Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 19, 2017
primary focus depends on what projects and project types you are assigned to. I was assigned to major corporate projects. I spent most of my day working with other departments and lines of business implementing corporate projects in systems and applying their changes to the Customer Care Team in VSP Vision Care. Communications skills are key in this job.
Pros
Some of the co-workers both internal and across lines of business are amazing, intelligent and caring
Cons
Company does not live by their values in any way shape or form, at least not in the customer care analyst department of VSP
comfortable
Project Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 9, 2017
Being a contractor I did not interact with many people. Management is aloof and does not really interact on a daily basis. Work load is quite heavy and there are high expectations
Pros
comfortable work environment
Cons
not many advancement opportunities
hard coater
Production Clerk Level 4 (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJune 6, 2017
operated machinery throughout my entire work day rather it was the hard coater or chamber the hardest part of the job was making sure the lenses did not have scratches on them when dismounted from machines
Excellent work environment and culture.
Customer Service / Telecomuter / R&D (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 21, 2017
Vision Service Plan is an excellent workplace. They offer telecommuting and provide excellent training and feedback on your performance. They foster a team environment and giving back to the community giving you 8 hours of volunteer work a year! They really treat all employees with respect. I had excellent managers / supervisors there.
Its okay
VSP CUSTOMER SERVICE Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 21, 2017
Hard to advance from within. Good culture and employee treatment but most leadership are not knowledgeable in the area of supervision. Did learn key things about the corporate world.
Pros
Good environment.
Cons
Hard to advance from within.
High-stress, contract-work only
SEO/Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 11, 2017
High-stress position with no opportunity for advancement; 3-month contract ended after 5 weeks when I completed project ahead of schedule. Had very little in terms of expectations from my direct manager.
Pros
Hiring process was simple
Cons
No opportunity for advancement; poor management
Bad culture
API Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Very bad team culture. No sense of vision or mission. Highly politicized atmosphere with no room for growth for people who are not eager to elbow his way through the crowd.
Pros
Big company
Cons
Bad culture
Great company, laid back atmosphere
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 10, 2017
Really cool call center environment. Calls are back to back to make the day go fast. I haven't been fully trained but we were required to take calls due to the needs of the business, so the calls that I take are basic and can get pretty monotonous. Hoping this changes when I am fully trained.
Pros
great company culture, cake days, snacks, great benefits
Cons
time off and some of the goals are ridiculous
management
provider service representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 5, 2016
I wasn't happy with management. They seemed to not really know about the field. They also seemed to only want larger companies to do business with them. The little companies didn't seem to matter.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 2, 2016
VSP is a great place to work with great benefits, job security, and a friendly work environment. We work hard together, as a team, and build life friendships.
Vsp
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 20, 2016
A wonderful place to work. You receive a lot of guidance and support form managers and supervisors. They give you great advice about what career paths you should take and where you want to go within in the company.
Good Company
Test Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 7, 2016
Good company and nice working environment. Management is good. Very good balance work and personal life. I am working here since 1 year and i am enjoying.
Good Company
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 10, 2016
Good company. Good work life balance and benefits. People and expectations of you are generally fair. Interesting work and advancement possibilities.
Amazing place
Security Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 5, 2016
This was an amazing job and I only don't work there through my own fault. I wish I had been mature when I worked there so I could have fought to keep this job. Everything was great here except my supervisors who were truly terrible.
Pros
Great pay and benefits!
Cons
Bad hours and back-stabby management
Not the best place to work
Individual Contributor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 12, 2016
The work is interesting and the company is growing, but management lacks consequences for bad management and abusive behavior. It is no longer one of the best places to work.
Great facility, great cafe, great training!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 7, 2016
Overall ok place to work for entry level position. I felt after training it was sink or swim. Peak season is probably the worst time to get hired on at a company like this. No one has time to help any one.
review
Sr. Java/JEE developer, Project (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 2, 2016
Great company to work for in Sacramento area. Professional environment, work life balance. Scrum teams are great. Tools and technologies are varied.
Vsp
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 10, 2016
VSP was a wonderful company to work for. I thrived in the HR department and I loved every busy moment I worked there. We worked 12 hours a day during Open Enrollment.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
They stopped giving Retirement Benefits after 2008

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vision Service Plan. Our community is ready to answer.