Vision Service Plan Employee Reviews

Amazing place
Security Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 5, 2016
This was an amazing job and I only don't work there through my own fault. I wish I had been mature when I worked there so I could have fought to keep this job. Everything was great here except my supervisors who were truly terrible.
Pros
Great pay and benefits!
Cons
Bad hours and back-stabby management
Vsp
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 20, 2016
A wonderful place to work. You receive a lot of guidance and support form managers and supervisors. They give you great advice about what career paths you should take and where you want to go within in the company.
Good Company
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 10, 2016
Good company. Good work life balance and benefits. People and expectations of you are generally fair. Interesting work and advancement possibilities.
Great facility, great cafe, great training!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 7, 2016
Overall ok place to work for entry level position. I felt after training it was sink or swim. Peak season is probably the worst time to get hired on at a company like this. No one has time to help any one.
Not the best place to work
Individual Contributor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 12, 2016
The work is interesting and the company is growing, but management lacks consequences for bad management and abusive behavior. It is no longer one of the best places to work.
Vsp
Human Resources Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 10, 2016
VSP was a wonderful company to work for. I thrived in the HR department and I loved every busy moment I worked there. We worked 12 hours a day during Open Enrollment.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
They stopped giving Retirement Benefits after 2008
Great Environment!
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 4, 2015
A typical day at work was very fast-paced and high-level! I really enjoyed not only my colleagues and co-workers but had so much respect for the President and CEO. He taught me a lot about managing a large, high-level organization and keeping the communication at an optimum -- such a difficult task that he made very simple by only a few changes in the structure of the company!

The hardest part was leaving this company due to relocation!
Pros
Positive Work Environment
Cons
Location - I wanted to raise my children elsewhere
review
Sr. Java/JEE developer, Project (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 2, 2016
Great company to work for in Sacramento area. Professional environment, work life balance. Scrum teams are great. Tools and technologies are varied.
Discount on phone service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 8, 2015
Verizon Wireless is a fun workplace. Very team oriented and the workload is heavy but its easy. The discounts giving to employees for phone service is awesome.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
High Call Volume
Good environment, great benefits!!
OPTICAL AR LEAD- VSP (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 24, 2015
A corporate structured lab with a small lab feel. The most challenging part of the job is the machinery, it fails almost every week to two weeks.

Overall a very good place to work!
great experience
Optical Technician (Former Employee) –  rancho cordova, caJune 3, 2015
busy days at work, learned alot of things in optical field, management were cool, hardest part of job was having alot of overtime staying late and having school next day. co workers were very helpful, enjoyed working here becasue most of the time i was working on my own.
Pros
great vision benefits
Cons
training is not too great but you will get a chance to learn.
Overall a decent company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 9, 2015
VSP has a unique culture and that's not a bad thing. It's a bit bureaucratic and structured there. Overall the time spent there was a good experience.
Extremely successful company with unlimited potential.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 8, 2015
Great company to work for due to it's success and opportunity for growth. Extremely fun environment for it's employees and always has cool events to keep an up beat, positive culture. Treats each member, doctor and client as if they are the only one. Thorough, intense training that gets the best out of each and every employee. Five star company!
Not a company who is minority friendly
CSR (Former Employee) –  Rancho CordovaApril 25, 2015
The company hiring process is based on whether or not they like you personally. They hide behind a third party employment agency who are basically yes men. They work you for months and when time to offer you permanent, they will have there henchmen Volt terminate your assignment. Every minority in my training class was terminated with the same reason "Product Knowledge". All the knowledge needed for products are located in there data base to read but yet there trainer would always say you dont have to memorize this only find it. If you look at the company from the inside, there are very few minority supervisors or floor staff. The company pay is poverty and if your educated such as I they will not pay you. Bottom line not a good company unless you fit the color profile.
Pros
Free coffee, cake day
Cons
Anti minority, low pay, elitist attitude
A great work environment with constent change and improvements
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 9, 2015
VSP is a great company to work for with their monthly cake days and fun working environment. As a claims processor I work from home with no micromanagement. The benefits are not as good as they used to be but they are still decent for a customer service company. The employees are friendly and the supervisor have very high expectations which are always achieved by the excellent staff.
Pros
working from home
Cons
low annual rasies
Forward Thinking, Innovative Eye Care Insurance
Lead, Client Delivery (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CA 95760June 22, 2015
This is an organization that cares about it's employees just as much as they care about the community. Rated as one of the top places to work.
Pros
Culture of the organization
Cons
Compensation
Fast past environment, friendly, motivated place
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  SacramentoNovember 25, 2014
Busy all time
learned to be more multitasked
Management always took care of their employees
Co-workers took care of each other, supporting each other, there where ups and downs but they came back around.
the hardest part is when we had a lot of jobs coming in and we have to get things done at a certain time.
The most enjoyable part of the day was towards the end of our work where we had to pack everything up to get shipped out.
Pros
free lunches, celebrated birthdays and anniversaries, department pot-lucks
Cons
short breaks, more discipline to the workers, favoritism, lack of communication
Good place to wrok
Developer Intern (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 18, 2015
Good place to work at get to learn various technologies. Agile is a nice environment to work with. Work culture is very amazing. Get to keep balance in life with work and personal life. Work doesnot over power family life.
World class customer service center in a positive environment
Hybrid / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 23, 2014
Providing exceptional customer service,educating on policies and procedures, processing claims and correcting billing errors. I learned a great deal about healthcare and claims and billings procedures. Management is a big part of large companies I worked well with both coworkers and management in large office setting. Hardest part of job is documenting complaints. Very rewarding to help and educate clients who are grateful for your time.
Pros
great healthcare benefits
Cons
short lunch breaks.
Pre-application and experience was done directly at a job search.
Customer Service Representative, Phone Center (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 25, 2014
This work place did an excellent job of training the phone reps well. In addition, you felt comfortable on the call center floor. They did allow for special needs of the phone and understand that family comes first,

A typical day would be accepting phone calls to help the members of the plan continuously all day long during the prime time between January and June. When the phone calls lessen, the leads would sponsor fun activities for us to participate in to win prizes. This really was the best job I've ever had.
Pros
representatives who were having a difficult time with the job were retrained at their own rate.
Cons
they were very strict about the amount of down time a person took.