Vision Works Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Empire Vision Works Optical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guilderland, NYFebruary 10, 2017
Productive but fun at the same time. It was a lot of hard work on your feet for long hours. At the time when i worked there the pay wasn't that great but it was a minimum wage job that paid. Great employees for the most part as well as management.
What I like most about the Job
Eye Ware Specialist/3rd key manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXAugust 30, 2016
I like that visionworks offers full time employees benefits as well as vacation time and PTO. Visionworks is very accommodating when it comes to needing time off as long as time off is requested in the appropriate amount of time.
Pros
Accommodating work place
Cons
No set hours
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXDecember 20, 2016
Worked here during the summer and during school. Great job for a 19 year old, gained a lot of working experience, and made a lot of money on commission. The management there was cold though. Not a very warm or supporting management team. The other girls there were extremely conceited and cliquish. Management treats you like dirt if you do not meet or exceed your quota. Also, the sales were not distributed equally. I was given the customers no one else wanted basically. Also, the management would allow some reps to be on the sales floor longer, while others had to clean glasses for hours, all day, but then you get in trouble for not meeting your quota. Hardest part of the job was working in the toxic stressful environment. Best part of the job was lunch and the money.
Pros
Money
Cons
Management, Favoritism
A sometimes high speed atmosphere
Eye care specialist (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 9, 2016
I work with many different people during the day. You help people with their eye care needs. I have learned a lot about glasses, contacts and eye care/ eye health in general. I have wonderful co-workers, we have fun while working and we all help each other out. We have a great in-store manager. However upper management has to trust us that we all know what we are doing.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with insurance companies. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co-workers and dealing with customers.
Great interactions with customers
O.D Tech / Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAMarch 13, 2016
I have gained a lot of knowledge while working with this company.
I typical day at work includes checking patients in and out for their appointments. Calling in and verifying the patients insurance benefits. Greeting and helping customer with the purchase of their eye glasses, based on their prescription. Setting and verifying patients appointments.
Pros
Good with working around my school schedule.
Cons
Managment
Vision Works
OD Technician (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAOctober 19, 2016
By far my postion with this company was enjoyable. I saw great advancement in the company and would recommend working with Vision Works to anyone. During a typical work day you will assist patients threw a pre-test before they see the optometrist. Verifying insurance coverage and other clerical work.
Good place to gain experience.
Third key (Current Employee) –  Wylie, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Work at vision works is very fluid and can be relaxing even on the harder days on the job. It is a sales job and so is heavily reliant on customer interaction and your own conversational skills so I would recommend it to someone very comfortable in those areas. You work very closely with your coworkers and the environment is friendly and helpful.
High speed and busy place
opthalmic dispensing apprentice (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 19, 2017
Constantly multi-tasking to make sure the work is done for the day. I have learned to use different computer programs to make sure each patient is taken care of. The hardest part of the job is staying focus on task at hand but after being employed with this company for almost four years, I have learned to do that and more.
N/a
3rd Key Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 25, 2017
Fun working environment. Customers are nice and friendly also great commission earning during insurance week. You have to maintain a daily, weekly goal. Coworkers are determined go getters
Fun place to work
Eyewear Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLFebruary 2, 2017
I worked with several amazing people therefore I would say there are amazing coworkers, the products are good products, they do live up to having the most frames the best people and the right products.
Front Desk Receptionist / Sales rep
OD Tech and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAFebruary 15, 2017
Worked in the front area as a receptionist and sales rep. Sold glasses, and contacts. completed glasses fittings for customers. It was a great place to work!
fun place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMarch 10, 2017
this place was great. loved all the coworkers that i worked with. the job was easy and loved being there. this job taught me alot about people skills.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
its ok
Eyewear Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 4, 2016
Working at this company has been a joy and it has allowed me to hone on to different skills that i did not know I had. I believe this is a great place to work and grow.
work place was interesting
Customer Service / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHNovember 18, 2016
i worked as a receptionist and i didn't like the work environment. the company was nice I was there part time. I handled phone calls and making appointments also I dealt with insurance claims.
Productive and detail oriented workplace selling glasses
3rd Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJanuary 30, 2014
A normal day at work would consist of opening the store, counting the drawer and taking deposits to the bank as well as greeting customers and exploring their needs, helping them with their concern whether its scheduling an eye appointment or helping with frame and lens selection. I would also ensure that the store is cleaned and presentable, and that all employees are complying to their job description and being a team player. While working here, I learned all about managing a store not only in a retail setting but a healthcare setting as well. My co-workers were all friendly and nice to get along with. Management was a bit harsh and cut throat at times. Nonetheless I learned a lot and helped me to evolve. The most enjoyable part of this job was the ability to talk to people and help them with their issues. The hardest part of the job was unruly or impatient customers.
Pros
helping others, commision and hourly compensation, rewards for reaching sale goals
Cons
management, unruly customers
Optical with great incentive payouts
Apprentice Optician / Lab Journeyperson (Current Employee) –  Long IslandApril 28, 2015
Vision Works is your standard corporate business. The staff working in stores are some of the best and I have made friends with many of them. That being said I remember when it was Davis Vision and it used to care about the patients and the employees. That is just not possible anymore. It is a good job with benefits and you can be in a union which provides security. There's a lot of customer service and the holidays are less and less but we are closed on Sundays and most Managers will work with you to give the schedule you need.
Pros
Benefits and 401k
Cons
Open some holidays
Mediocre work environment
Patient Care Assistant/Sales (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green KyMarch 17, 2013
Everyday was a rush. This was the most affordable eye care clinic in my area so it was always the busiest. I learned how to organize and maintain a large client database, assist with one on one patient care, and how to work in a timely and efficient manner. I established positive, professional relationships with all my co-workers and learned the benefits of being patience with others even in a busy demanding environment. The hardest part of the job was working with such a varied schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a team that was on self motivated and supportive.
Not for me anymore
Apprentice Optician (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYSeptember 29, 2015
I didn't enjoy working nights or weekends. The benefits were excellent, but the pay didn't match the stress that went with the job. We were always short handed and never had enough people to for an extremely busy office.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Working nights and weekends
Customer oriented and employee accommodating.
3rd Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJuly 8, 2016
Overall good company to work for. Vision works is a corporation that is nationwide so you do have the corporate quirks with the ability to transfer to different states.
Pros
Free glasses after 90 days
Cons
30 min lunches and ever changing schedules.
good but boring.
Optician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 22, 2016
Vision work is a good place to wok if you enjoy a retail environment. They also have a union for all employees who aren't management level. i just feel if you not interested in a career in a optical field don't waste your time.
Pros
union
Cons
no payed lunches no set schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vision Works. Our community is ready to answer.