Vision Works Employee Reviews

Not for me
Eyewear Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAFebruary 15, 2018
If you are good at sales and like a low commision percentage than this is for you. If you like working weekends and some holidays this is for you. If you have optical knowledge and would like a job in that field, Vision Works may be for you.
was not for me
Wrote sales slips and sales contracts (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 7, 2018
Help patients was very competitive not for me. To much selling the wrong product to just get sales not to help the customer have the best pair of glasses and lenses for their needs.
enjoyed time here
Optical Technician (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 5, 2018
i enjoyed working with the Doctor's...the staff and managers were very supportive during my pregnancy. I am really easy to get along with so everything was pretty smooth and a blessing.
Pros
wonderful patients
Cons
work late hours
Great place to work depending on staff and work environment
OD Coordinator/OD Technician (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 3, 2018
I’ve been in optical for about eight years and I enjoy the duties of an optician especially in retail but vision Works is currently my least favorite retail optical employer
Pros
One free pair of glasses every year
Cons
Doesn’t promote within the Store location
Coworks are the only good part
Contact lens consultant/Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYJanuary 18, 2018
Worked for Visionworks for 2 years. Worst management experience. Poor ethics and communication between company and employee. Lack of respect for each person and customer. Coworkers we're the only way you could stay as long.
okay company
Laboratory Technician for Eye (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 18, 2018
very fast paced company ok to work for, If full time paid holiday, insurance, vision insurance, Stand up all day if working in the laboratory. 10 hour days
Great company
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 11, 2018
When I started with this company it was a new field for me, I learned a lot had a great teacher/mentor within the company, Room for advancement if you made you required goals. It was a little cut throat between the sale goals you needed to maintain,
My general manager was willing to educate teach and develop the employees.
Pros
Learning
slow-paced commercial medical
OPTOMETRIST TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Hillside, ILJanuary 8, 2018
Good PTO and vision insurance, both full time & part time employees receive this. Typical shift is 8hrs. Training is not the best, you learn by doing tasks yourself. Learned a lot about optometry and vision insurance. Hardest part about this job is understanding & explaining vision insurance. Flexible schedules.
Pros
10 days PTO, vision insurance
Good place to work and be constantly busy
lab tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 4, 2018
Vision works was a good place to work, i was constantly busy with hardly any down time which made time go by fast, there were a lot of expectations and goals that had to be met. There was lots of room for advancement as well.
Cons
This workplace could get very hectic at any given moment
Optician assistant (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJanuary 2, 2018
A typical day was hectic. i learned alot about vision. The management was mostly concerned with sales. The workplace culture was friendly but competitive. The hardest part of the job was making sales. The most enjoyable part of the job was peolpe being happy with their purchase.
Pros
great vision insurance
Cons
low pay rate

Want to know more about Vision Works?

Ask a question
Vision works summary
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDDecember 12, 2017
I think it was a good place to work, but it wasn't a career. This job is good for temporary work. It was a good step to getting your foot in the door. The pay wasn't good and the hours put in weren't enough to benefit me as a single mother and parent.
Didn't turn out well for me
Eyewear Specialist, Front Desk, OD Technician (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLDecember 7, 2017
When Corporate mistakenly terminated me when I transferred from MD to FL they wouldn't fix it. I signed the transfer paper work and everyone knew months in advance. I did start work in Tampa but, after few wks they told me about the mistake and I couldn't return until I went through the rehiring process. I did the rehire kit but it was taking wks and I needed income. I called and told them I wasn't coming back.
Pros
Love working people
Cons
They give 15 mins for each patient and sale quotes are high
Great place to work with an awesome company culture.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 21, 2017
Vision Works is a great place to work with an awesome company culture. The management team at my stores location is incredible to work with. Overall I would recommend this job to a friend.
i loved working there
Filing, computer entry (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FL 34236November 8, 2017
i loved my job ...working with the public my manager
i did not want to leave.but because of a stupid mistake i was let go
i would ive anything for another chance
Pros
good working place
Cons
lost my job
Horrible place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2017
The people a very cut throat and back stabbing. No integrity and very stressful job. Constantly had to watch my back. My vendors where very nice but it was the atmosphere that was horrible.
Pros
free vision
Cons
co-workers
manager
Optician/ Third-Key manager (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 17, 2017
The manager is not very easy to work with. Most of the employees do not like her. I'm surprised she is still there. Several people have quit because of her alone. The job is actually nice if they had a different manager.
everyone was amazing to work with
Optometric Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 8, 2017
I was an optometric technician. learned a lot about eyewear. was able to interact with customers and was able to determine which form of eyewear fit best.
Pros
time flew by while working there
Cons
you leave your co-workers who become family like
fun place
OPTICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 8, 2017
great place to work managers are really nice, you also receive paid time off , after 3 months you get two free pair of glasses. great lunch breaks and people.
Pros
pto, breaks
horrible
Third Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Golden, COSeptember 7, 2017
poor management in a very stressful environment it wasn't good for me health. as well as there was no room to grow and learn they wanted me to stay exactly where I was and work me like a dog
very overworked staff
Licensed Optician (Former Employee) –  manyAugust 31, 2017
overworked staff / long hours as a licensed position/ licensed used as management without compensation/ there is not much to tell. Overworked/ customers felt this/ tension in the store/ management overworked too