Vision Works Employee Reviews

Vision Works
Third Key Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILJanuary 4, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping and giving my patients the best customer service I could. I also enjoyed most of my co-workers. Any task that I assigned to my employees they would do without question.
Retail
Sales Representative/ Tech (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CODecember 14, 2015
promoted sales and products, incremented sales, commission made it competitive, learned a lot from my position. fun environment, ability to multitask, time would go by fast
Great work environment, great management and leadership..
sales associate/eye wear specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 13, 2015
A typical day at work started very well for such a high paced and busy job. All employees were great at working as a team and making sure everyone understood their job assignment for the day. I learned how to work as a team but also independently when needed. Management was always on top of all duties. The hardest part of the job was on the busy days it got a little hectic and sometimes things would get out of control as far as who is helping which customer. The most enjoyable part of the job was the family that was developed within and among us as co workers.
Pros
environment
Cons
Healthcare
Love what i do at my job
OD Tech Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 5, 2015
I love at what I do at my job, I am just ready to move up in the field. it gave me experiences that I never thought I would have. I learned new things.
Not for me anymore
Apprentice Optician (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYSeptember 29, 2015
I didn't enjoy working nights or weekends. The benefits were excellent, but the pay didn't match the stress that went with the job. We were always short handed and never had enough people to for an extremely busy office.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Working nights and weekends
Gained life skills
Eyewear Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calumet City,IllinoisAugust 19, 2015
Structured day at work. All about numbers and communication. Management was fair. Co-workers was very competitive. The most enjoyable part of my day was helping customers pick and be happy with the perfect pair of glasses!
Pros
good hours, great co workers, close to home
Cons
healthcare
Very fast paced job
Eyewear Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 28, 2015
My typical day consisted of assisting customers with their needs. I learned about eye wear, repairing eye wear, entering insurance information into the store's system, and preparing patients for the eye exam among other things. Co-workers were very helpful. Hardest part was dealing with disappointed customers that you were not able to help because their problem came from the actual manufacturing of their frames or lenses. The most enjoyable was helping customers resolve their vision needs and walk out of the store with a smile.
Pros
very flexible with their employees needs
Cons
Not organized
fast food
Coach staff (Former Employee) –  Brandywine, MDJuly 22, 2015
Supervised and coordinated activities of dining room personnel to provide fast and courteous service to patrons.
Scheduled dining reservations and arrange parties and special services for diners.
Greeted guests, escort them to tables, and provide menus.
London V. Pollard resume’
London V. Pollard resume’
Assigned work tasks and coordinate activities of dining room personnel to ensure prompt and courteous service to patrons.
Inspected dining room serving stations for neatness and cleanliness, and requisitioned table linens and other dining room supplies for tables and serving stations.
Prepared beverages and expedite food orders.
Totaled receipts at the end of shift to verify sales and clear cash register.
Collected payment from customers.
Full Time Shipper (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 9, 2015
All i did is shipping, paper wok. Made sure the boxes got on the truck as needed. Made sure labels were printed and saved for the next day. Kept a clean and safe work place.
Pros
Steady work all the time. Good team to work with
optical advancement
Eye Wear Specialist (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 25, 2015
full work day, lots of cross training. optical knowledge
the schedule was the hardest part. the customers were the most enjoyable part of my job.
Optical with great incentive payouts
Apprentice Optician / Lab Journeyperson (Current Employee) –  Long IslandApril 28, 2015
Vision Works is your standard corporate business. The staff working in stores are some of the best and I have made friends with many of them. That being said I remember when it was Davis Vision and it used to care about the patients and the employees. That is just not possible anymore. It is a good job with benefits and you can be in a union which provides security. There's a lot of customer service and the holidays are less and less but we are closed on Sundays and most Managers will work with you to give the schedule you need.
Pros
Benefits and 401k
Cons
Open some holidays
Interesting to learn how the human eye works.
Eyewear specialist (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXFebruary 17, 2015
I would get into work and if we weren't busy, usually during opening shifts, I would start on my arms calls where I out reach to previous customers because it has been a year since they last purchased prescription glasses or contacts and I try to get them to schedule a doctors visit to get their eyes checked, then as customers come in I would perform repairs on glasses and lenses. Once a customer came in with a valid prescription I would help them pick out their frames by asking them how they use their eyewear at work, play, and everyday life to recommend the best frames, lenses and lens upgrades if the patient needs it. I learned a whole lot about the human eye, how to take correct measurements for bi-focals, tri-focals and progressive lens types. I am lensometer certified. Management and Co-Workers were great. I was the only guy working there, and surprisingly there was no drama. The hardest part of the job would have to be when the store would get overwhelmed with people because we can only deal with one patient at a time and it's a lengthy process. The most enjoyable part of my job was using the SERVE process to get to know people.
Pros
free pair of prescription eyeglasses
Cons
small store not enough hours to go around
Great experience and staff
OD Tech / CSR (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIFebruary 16, 2015
Always a friendly environment and a positive attitude within the company and between the staff. I was well trained by the staff which prepared me to efficiently perform my job duties. I am a fast learner so my manager and co workers loved my fast paced and efficient work.I learned how to communicate and assist with a wide diversity of people which is one of the many reasons why this job experience was so effective in helping me to move forward in new job endeavors.
O.D. Tech
Optician/Sales Cashier (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILOctober 15, 2014
• Executed daily operations of looking up and billing insurance
• Scheduled appointments for patients
• Performed general office duties such as answering telephones taking dictation and completing insurance forms
• Interviewed patients to obtain medical information
• Pretest patients test their near and far vision as well as how well their eyes work together
• Recommend specific lenses, lens coatings and frames to suit patients needs
Pros
great co workers
Cons
did not promote within company
high volume, diverse, workplace
OD TECH/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2014
Very good
management was okay
pretest patients
sales
assistant for the doctor
good
3rd KEY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Started as an Eyewear Specialist and moved up to an #rd Key Manager
Pros
enjoyed working for them
Easy Going atmosphere
Eyewear Specialist (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNAugust 17, 2014
Pretty laid back place to work. A lot of information to take it.
Productive work culture where I can make a difference
Optician (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 1, 2014
I like the fact that I can assist people by helping them find solutions for their eyewear needs in an affordable way for them. The most enjoyable part of this job is when my patients come in and they look for me to help them because I did a great job helping them before. Or when they bring in friends or family members for me to help them because I did a great job working with them before.
Pros
flexible schedule of work
Cons
the company is cutting employee hours
A great place to work!!!
Receptionist/OA (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJuly 9, 2014
I loved the work atmosphere at Visionworks! A typical day for me started out by calling all the patients that day to confirm their appointments then as people started coming in that day, I would obtain their insurance information and enter their patient information into our system. I would also be responsible for answering all the phones, scheduling the appointments and filing the patients files.
I enjoyed helping the doctor pre-test the patients and helping customers choose their frames.
Pros
great employees, decent hours.
Cons
unprofessional management.
just like any other server job.
Licensed Optician/Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  stonecrest mallJuly 9, 2014
Loved trying all of there food and drinks to help educate me on there meals and wine.