VisionQuest Employee Reviews

Place to build experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  5201 old york rdAugust 24, 2016
The hardest part of my job is clean up after adults and also its a good place to build your experience u will have good day u may have bad day
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long breaks
Review of VisionQuest
Child Care Worker(Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAJuly 19, 2016
VisionQuest was a great start for me in my career as a social worker and a huge learning experience. I learned a lot about how culture in the workplace plays a big role and was able to watch others and learn from their mistakes.
Pros
Working with children outdoors.
Cons
Minimal pay and poor culture
No longer open
Child Care Worker / Behavior Tech (Former Employee) –  New Lisbon, NJJune 30, 2016
This was a difficult company to work for. They are no longer open. so this required review is a little pointless.
Hard work and fun emnvironment
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 13, 2016
The work environment is normal if you worked with youths before. Co-Workers are helping and willing to learn and gain knowledge. The hardest part is leaving the youths after your shift is over.
My life at Vision Quest
GROUP HOME DIRECTOR / YOUTH TREATMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  New Lisbon, NJJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day at Vision Quest was getting the youths off to school. Make sure there are no fights among youths. While working at Vision Quest I learned that there are so many children in the world who are not cared for, not loved. I worked well with my co workers we always made sure we helped one another. The hardest part of the job was when a child discharged from the program. I did not like to see them leave because I knew most of them would be right back into the life style they came from. The enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was helping these kids
Pros
free breakfast, luch & dinner, free trips
Cons
short breaks
loved the surroundings
Street Smart Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Warfordsburg, PADecember 28, 2015
Loved my clients,and coworkers. Loved the oppurtunitys that i have recieved since being there. loved the time i spent there
Pros
helping others
Cons
camp closed
At risk youth case management
Clinical Case Manager/Educational Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Lisbon, NJDecember 17, 2015
As a Clinical Case Manager (CCM) you exercise judgment within broadly defined guidelines in selecting methods and techniques towards preparing young adults by developing self-efficacy skills is quite rewarding. The supervisory of an “Aging out Program” for young adults was in itself rewarding as well, preparing youth with a “hands on” understanding towards real life settings by gearing youth towards independent living.
Pros
Developmentalist's dream for hands on training
Cons
Learning restrant technuiqes
Agency is failing
Functional Family Therapist (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDDecember 10, 2015
Vision Quest is not only failing its workers but, the consumers as well. The moral is low in the DC/MD area. The team doesn't build upon the strengths of one another but, yet notifies the workers of their weaknesses without little direction. The company constantly pays the staff late salary checks as well as mileage.
vision quest
vocational counselor (Former Employee) –  Warfordsburg, PANovember 9, 2015
adjudicated youth placement center for young women.
Location is very rural no form of public transportations
company employee owned
Pros
working with youths
Cons
no forms of public transportation
Was fun
Supervisor- Program Director (Current Employee) –  Guys Mills, PANovember 1, 2015
its fun working with the youth but our administration is bad. If the cooperate side of the job would have been more clear this would be an awesome place to work.
Don't recommend
Youth Treatment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 26, 2015
Don't Recommend Not A Good Company to work for if you looking for long term employment but good for a starter job in the field.
Enjoyed my time there, but glad it's over
Medical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Franklin, PaSeptember 21, 2015
To many Chiefs and not enough Indians (no pun intended). Ego's are not in check. If you were part of the "good ole boys or girls" club you could and would get away with anything, they would just blame someone else to take the fall. Some employees are not what I would call "mentors" more like "at risk adults". Many people have asked me about working with the youth there and it must have been hard and actually it was not the kids that made the job difficult most of the time
Pros
Meeting people from different cultures & making a difference
Cons
Big ego's, but small people
Provided training and support for both staff and residents
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, PASeptember 19, 2015
A typical day would be very active and involved with the children and helping them become responsible and independent individuals. I learned a great deal as a residential counselor. I was able to process with the residents if they needed someone to talk to and I was able to instill values. Management was ok, I had no issues with them regarding my position. Though the turn around rate for management was high. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the behaviors displayed by the children. It would sometimes become difficult to get them to comply depending on their moods. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing progress in the children based on what the staff and I had encouraged.
Pros
Free meals and housing
Cons
Not being able to go home regularly
Productive and Busy workplace
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 2, 2015
Great place to work, if your into helping the younger generation. Helping children that comes from nothing that wants help, is an great deal. Some children were bad and stuck in their ways but most wanted help and change. All the workers wanted to help the children, which made the job better.
Offered great services and experiences for youth, the daily work environment was fast paced and fun
Regional Trainer/Human Resource (Former Employee) –  South Mountain, PAAugust 27, 2015
I enjoyed the people I worked with and we learned and supported each other on a daily basis. this environment was filled with chances for professional and personal growth. As with all big companies there is a slight disconnect with the every day worker and cooperate.
Pros
Great people and great experiences for youth
Cons
red tape and financial cuts
Vision Quest
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  PhilaAugust 25, 2015
I enjoyed my time with this company. They have taught me so much. My bosses were helpful and they understood. the hardest part about this job is leaving.
Very good.
Professional Parent II (Former Employee) –  New Lisbon, NJAugust 23, 2015
A typical day at work 8 hours often asked for overtime. I learned how to get certain individual juveniles how to adjust there daily living patterns in a positive way. The hardest thing is to make a teenager believe in you that you can and want to help them by giving them the proper guidance. Management works very well with the professional parent to make sure the juvenile meets these requirements. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is seeing a kid become productive wanting to change and learning from his past mistakes to become a good citizen.
Pros
Great opportunity to make a change.
Cons
Limitations and training.
Productive and fantastic work place
Program Director (Former Employee) –  New Lisbon, NJAugust 17, 2015
Great place to work and learn . Lots of training and good support system helping at risk youth working with horses and teaching at risk youth how to be productive in society
Pros
Staff open to feedback
Cons
summer off
The kids are fun but management does not treat staff well
House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 13, 2015
upper management does not treat house personnel fairly and are not considerate to family needs or requests. the kids will love and appreciate what a house staff would do, get great results out of the kids and if management does not like you or thinks you don't do your job, they will terminate you regardless of how the kids feel about you. sad but true.
Great experience working with youth
Foodservice Manager (Former Employee) –  Breezewood, PAAugust 7, 2015
This was a great place to work and offered a lot of experience working with youth. There are a lot of problems at the corporate level though.

2.9