VisionQuest Employee Reviews

Vision Quest
Administration Assistant (Current Employee), PhilaAugust 25, 2015
I enjoyed my time with this company. They have taught me so much. My bosses were helpful and they understood. the hardest part about this job is leaving.
Very good.
Professional Parent II (Former Employee), New Lisbon, NJAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Great opportunity to make a change.
Cons: Limitations and training.
A typical day at work 8 hours often asked for overtime. I learned how to get certain individual juveniles how to adjust there daily living patterns in a positive way. The hardest thing is to make a teenager believe in you that you can and want to help them by giving them the proper guidance. Management works very well with the professional parent to make sure the juvenile meets these requirements. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is seeing a kid become productive wanting to change and learning from his past mistakes to become a good citizen.
Productive and fantastic work place
Program Director (Former Employee), New Lisbon, NJAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Staff open to feedback
Cons: summer off
Great place to work and learn . Lots of training and good support system helping at risk youth working with horses and teaching at risk youth how to be productive in society
The kids are fun but management does not treat staff well
House Supervisor (Former Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 13, 2015
upper management does not treat house personnel fairly and are not considerate to family needs or requests. the kids will love and appreciate what a house staff would do, get great results out of the kids and if management does not like you or thinks you don't do your job, they will terminate you regardless of how the kids feel about you. sad but true.
Great experience working with youth
Foodservice Manager (Former Employee), Breezewood, PAAugust 7, 2015
This was a great place to work and offered a lot of experience working with youth. There are a lot of problems at the corporate level though.
Learning and fun environment
Youth Advocate (Former Employee), Phila, paAugust 4, 2015
Pros: "Learning from the Youth and making a positive Impact on their lives."
Cons: Balancing a stable personal relationship, the job requires alot for not much pay.
Child Care Worker is a challenging position, but with the proper training anyone could do this job and excel. Co workers that sets the tone correctly and stands firm are great to learn from.
This is a place where trouble teenagers go so he or she will not be in the criminal justice system.
Coporal (Former Employee), 1101 South Mountain, PAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: To move up the ladder
Cons: N/A
I would of stayed at Vision Quest although it was in the Mountain the co-workers that I worked for was okay. There was an individual that was my mentor and he got fired.
A wonderful and exciting experience
State Director (Former Employee), New Lisbon, New JerseyJune 23, 2015
Pros: plenty of opportunity for advancement
Cons: Long demanding hours
Each day brought new challenges. I worked with juvenile delinquents and abused kids and learned that trusting an adult is difficult for them because there have been no healthy adults in their lives.
I worked with an amazing group of dedicated people who were committed to the welfare of these kids. I was part of the management and Corporate team.
The thing I enjoyed the most was the trust and caring that these kids showed me. This was a turning point in many of their lives.
Great christian place to work for
Youth Care Worker/Child care (Former Employee), Loxahatchee, FLJune 22, 2015
Due to my christian values it was great working with professionals that have the sam beliefs as i do. which made the job easier
Employees as well as the kids don't matter...Money comes first!
Direct Care (Former Employee), Madison, MDJune 18, 2015
Pros: co-workers and 90% of the kids
Cons: Overall Program
Most of my co-workers and 90% of the kids were a pleasure to work with. Management appeared in the beginning to know all that was required as whole team (management to the counselors) to go about successfully teaching and rehabilitating the troubled male youths in order for them to return to their communities as a positive citizen.In a year and a half of my 3 years I drastically seen the program decline in its purpose.
Great Intern Experience
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Durham, NCJune 17, 2015
Wonderful people to work with and I enjoy my clients as well. Well organized and very friendly, and great management. Learned a lot working in this group home.
VisionQuest
Youth Advocate (Former Employee), Elfrida, AZJune 10, 2015
I advance quickly within the company due to my job skills. I worked on a daily basis with the youth in the program overseeing their well being and safety in then camps. I also managed the youths' individualized plans along with their case managers at VisonQuest and the youths' CPS and Probation Officers. I enjoyed working with youth in the program, because each day I saw an improvement in each individual youth and their counselors.
Chief Administrator
CHIEF ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Dowingtown PAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Pay, Fantastic People to work with
Cons: Hours Needed to do job correctly
There was no typical day at work. Managing the operations of a 120 bed male facility and female facility required me to schedule my day around the needs at the time. Long hours were required to do the job correctly.

The hardest part of the job is balancing it with your personal life. You constantly have to be on call and available during emergencies.
Interesting and Unpredictable atmosphere, great team to be apart of.
Regional Business Manager/ Human Resource Manger (Current Employee), Gouldsboro, PAJune 4, 2015
Pros: Having such a tight core of employees, and being an important part of the team.
Cons: Pay is not the greatest, with all the liabilities and expectations the salaray is a little lower than I would like.
Usually come in assist youths with daily needs and issues, maintain a safe environment. Get everyone down to breakfast supervising youths at all times, and making sure everyone is accounted for.Assist the Medical Coordinator with med pass, then get everyone to school and where they need to be. Head up to my office meet with the Program Director, Chief Administrator, Compliance Director, and even Program – more... Developer to take care of any issues or work on that end. Take care of some calls, emails, and meetings get some work done with payroll or sending appropriate things like paperwork to the appropriate employees in the corporate office. Hardest part of the job is staying on top of the ball meeting deadlines, working under pressure, and not knowing what to expect next. Most enjoyable part is the work experience making the essential networks along the way, being apart of the administration team, and ultimately helping change some of these youths livelihoods. – less
Taught before and after school programs at six different elementary and middle schools
Behavioral Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 17, 2015
Pros: Self-starter
Cons: No Co-Workers
I went to three schools each day teaching children a healthy way to cope with their emotions using interactive and creative activities.
The Cliets make the job enjoyable
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee), Durham, NCApril 21, 2015
Great co-workers and we were well trained on the policies of the company. Management wasn't very consistent with the schedule.
Transitioing company
Child Care Worker (Current Employee), South Mountain, PAApril 7, 2015
Cons: Compensation, No Structure
Company is in transition to a women's human trafficking program. Often was short staffed and disorganized. Co-workers were great to work with. The hardest thing about the job is transitioning from training to the actual work environment.
Productive and great place to work.
CHILD CARE WORKER (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLMarch 27, 2015
Being an positive impact on someone's life is an honor. Having the ability to help the needs of an abandon child is a career
Learned alot
Child Care Director (Former Employee), Franklin, PAMarch 23, 2015
This was a rewarding job. I was able to help troubled youth redirect their lives in a positive direction. if your looking to get into corrections this would be a great start!
Great work eninvornment
Child Care Worker (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: youth slept most shift.
Cons: never got out on time
My job consisted of checking on youth that were while they sleep in a juvenile holding facility. I would have to do 15 min checks wile they slept. the checks where to make sure they was not in any danger in the facility.