VisionQuest Employee Reviews

Discrimination without borders
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 10, 2017
This company believes in ways to resolve staff issues in a very primitive way with no options for some of us, since their methods are some antiquated.

Upper manager distance from the average worker.

Competitive upper management and very secretive manipulation of others in lower posiitions.

Discrimination in the work place with a "fake zero policy" that is not taken into consideration at all. Nothing is done about it and some with more corporate benefits get away with discriminating.
Pros
Cons
most of anything one can think about it
nice place to work...sometimes
Child Care Worker, Court Team Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2017
Not a good place to work! Director at the time was not a good boss. This director tried holding employees checks on payday and stated"she would give me my check at her discretion"! That was the day i left the company!
Poor company barely providing services to the most vulnerable of children.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 9, 2017
This company prioritized profit over the needs of the kids and the support and development of the staff was non existent. This company operates on nepotism and who can say yes the most to leadership. Leadership is nonexistent and scattered due to its CEO. Unfortunately the children suffer the most receiving little to no services.
Pros
Children are amazing. What they endure and how they triumph
Cons
Stressful, lack of leadership, long hours, no recognition
Okay Work Place
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Milford, DEAugust 16, 2017
Vision Quest is okay. In the milford location there's one great manager. Outside of that if you don't absolutely love kids, I wouldn't recommend it...
Flexible schedule but very detailed work
Case Manager (2 different programs) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2017
This position allowed me to develop my own weekly schedule and allow me to become independent and responsible in the workplace. This was very good experience being by first job after obtaining my bachelor's degree. Obtained great experience working with attorneys, probation officers, DHS workers, and various social work employees.
Great company
Child Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Guys Mills, PAJuly 19, 2017
Pays good, makes you feel like part of a team and there's tons of room to move up and improve yourself to gain experience in new positions. They assign jobs that make you feel as though you're truly making a difference.
productive, organized, and efficient work place
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 14, 2017
typical day at work for afternoon shift is coming in and doing shift transfer, tending to whatever appointments the clients may have, preparing dinner, organizing chore time, prepping clients for next day (showers, laundry, etc.), meds, then bedtime for clients. I would say the hardest part of the job is not getting too attached to the clients and allowing their stories to affect you. Some of the clients come in from the most unbelievable situation and it's important to keep composer and professionalism. the most enjoyable part of the job is spending quality time with the clients. Whether it be taking them swimming, on hikes, any outdoor activity, or even just hanging around the house watching a movie or playing a board game. Management is probably the most organized that I have seen and the most fair. There was never a time when I didn't feel that I couldn't come to my manager with out feeling supported. They were always willing to work with their employees and ready to help find a solution to whatever issue they may be faced with.
Overall abysmal work environment.
Youth Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Lisbon, NJJune 20, 2017
Management was absolutely horrendous and the lack of communication and support had a trickle down effect to the direct care workers. The management did not have their employees back and would often blame them before understanding what actually happened in different situations. Direct care would have to stay for extra shifts on a weekly basis with no prior warning, whether they had outside responsibilities or not.
Don't
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Franklin, PAJune 19, 2017
Over worked, poor benefits, no raises. Under staffed, unsafe, poor communication, not worth the headaches, no advancement, no control, horrible horrible job
Pros
Cons
It's VisionQuest
Once was a great work environment, but faltered based on poor management
Program Director (Former Employee) –  New Lisbon, NJMay 31, 2017
This agency was great provider for the youth it served. I was proud to be associated with such an agency as they were innovators of wilderness/ alternative to lock up programs for youth.
Pros
Promotional opportunity
Cons
Untrustworthy Management
Youth Quest Review
Youth Director (Former Employee) –  Union, NJMay 24, 2017
Enjoyed working with the youth population. Very rewarding. I recommend this environment for anyone who has an interest in working with you and families.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
None noted
This place need to shut down
CCW (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2017
Vision quest is not a place anyone wants to work at.Supervisors leave durning their shift, The building is filthy, they was the children clothes with pine soil the place is a mess.
Cons
No staff no team work no appreciation
Terrible
Reinegration Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 13, 2017
Please dont waste your time dealing with this agency, they clearly do not value their employees and do not care about the high staff turnover this is something I heard directly from management. They are very disorganized and seem to find things to complain about out of boredom. Please dont waste your time and save your sanity.
Pros
They paid us on the dates they said they would
Cons
Low pay, hostile work environment, benefits arent that great
Low pay for the work required
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Perris, CAMay 4, 2017
It's hard manul labor with very low pay. They get way more bang for they're buck. It's a dead end job with no room for advancement ..................
Pros
They'll hire anyone
Cons
They pay is low
Terrible
Lead Youth Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Lisbon, NJMay 1, 2017
This organization did not value its employees. Employees were overworked and the position was overwhelming. I would not choose to work for a company like this ever again.
typical day of work
Senior Functional Family Therapist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 28, 2017
Paperwork, case management, staffing supervision, driving to clients homes to do income evidence base family therapy.
I have learned a lot about the FFT model and how effective is to assist families to reframe their relationship functions to healthier behavior patterns.
I have enjoyed working with my team and relationship with supervisor has become very close and supportive.
Pros
independent and challenging
Cons
salary and benefits are not consistent
new program
ChildCare / YouthCare Worker (Former Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLApril 26, 2017
resident on site are few ,meals had to be provide the require long hours less pay .but because i like working with youth and tring to make a difference in their lives. the hard part of the job was that, residents need counseling,a more one on one therapy
Pros
freedom to take resident on trips
Cons
not getting paid more money
Good learning tool
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Milford, DEApril 4, 2017
This is my first time working with children/teenagers. It is a good learning environment. You definitely learn how to take initiative when working with the kids. You also learn what your strengths and weaknesses are. It's a good work and life balance, they work with your schedule is you are in school. My schedule just sucks because I have to work overnight, 12 hour shifts and at the moment, I highly despise of it.
Pros
Learning all around
Cons
Okay pay, not enough to live off of.
Heartbreaking job in the Juvenile Detention System
Teacher / Human Resources Rep / Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warfordsburg, PAApril 2, 2017
This company prioritized profit over the needs of the kids and the support and development of the staff. Often, staff were asked to work long hours under extremely stressful conditions. Would NOT recommend working with this company.
No Comment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, PAMarch 3, 2017
The organization does not have the best interests or rehabilitation of the youths in mind. Drugs, abuse and corruption should be the business and motto of the VQ organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VisionQuest. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9