VisionQuest Employee Reviews

It a good place to work if you like working with troubled yoiuth
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 9, 2018
It's. A good job if you really want to be involved with court committed youth...You have to have the patients that it takes to deal with troubled youth
Pros
Friendly work envrioment
Cons
Short breaks
N:a
Youth Advocate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 6, 2018
Very unorganized. Poor management. Salary didn’t match workload. Not a team atmosphere. Not a stable place if your looking for long term. Not a place to advance
Vision Quest is poorly managed and the administration belittles their staff and treats them poorly.
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Loxahatchee, FLJanuary 4, 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work for this company the pay is horrible,the company does not appreciate nor respect the staff. The administration staff geels as if they don't have to respect the floor staff. And they are never available to speak with you at no point and time. If there is a problem they will not help you out nor try to solve it with you or for you. That is not a good company to work for.
Pros
Low pay rate, Very Negative company, No managerial skills
Cons
Getting to know the kids at the companh
Good Sense of Community
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 12, 2017
VisionQuest worked very hard to have a sense of community and support for everyone who worked there. The pay was not good but they made you feel like you were part of something special.
Pros
Community
Cons
Poor Pay
met some interesting people
cook (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 6, 2017
I felt it was a very unsafe place to work. Some of the youths you could trust, others you had to watch your back. Staff was unprofessional. They played around alot with the youth sometimes causing confrontation.
Pros
free luch
Cons
unsafe environment
I loved working at Vision Quest best job ever to me!
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Erie PANovember 3, 2017
I worked at Vision Quest back in 1994 and I was a counselor. I had to live outside with the children and sleep in T P's. It was fun and interesting!..
Pros
Time off
Cons
Cold weather
enjoyed working with youth
Vocational Equine Instructor (Former Employee) –  South Mountain, PANovember 2, 2017
I enjoyed working with the youth. Every day there was different. There were many different activities for the youth to participate in to help them gain skills to use
Do not work here!
Worker 1 (Current Employee) –  DelawareOctober 26, 2017
Job isn't too bad but management and coworkers make it difficult. Typically short staffed with higher ups refusing to cover shifts. Loved most of the coworkers besides management. Management is HORRIBLE! Management is always looking to blame staff for something despite their lack of accountability. Management can be extremely petty at times. Management is more worried about finding ways to discipline staff and not the kids. Management lacks communication skills to the max. Majority of management has no experience in management and got the job because of who they know.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Poor healthcare, poor management, poor pay
Stressful
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 16, 2017
I did enjoy working there when I first started cause we had a good team but then they started firing people and people started to quitting and then they would just hire anybody and then the kids started getting out of hand.
Discrimination without borders
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 10, 2017
This company believes in ways to resolve staff issues in a very primitive way with no options for some of us, since their methods are some antiquated.

Upper manager distance from the average worker.

Competitive upper management and very secretive manipulation of others in lower posiitions.

Discrimination in the work place with a "fake zero policy" that is not taken into consideration at all. Nothing is done about it and some with more corporate benefits get away with discriminating.
Pros
Cons
most of anything one can think about it
nice place to work...sometimes
Child Care Worker, Court Team Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 19, 2017
Not a good place to work! Director at the time was not a good boss. This director tried holding employees checks on payday and stated"she would give me my check at her discretion"! That was the day i left the company!
Poor company barely providing services to the most vulnerable of children.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 9, 2017
This company prioritized profit over the needs of the kids and the support and development of the staff was non existent. This company operates on nepotism and who can say yes the most to leadership. Leadership is nonexistent and scattered due to its CEO. Unfortunately the children suffer the most receiving little to no services.
Pros
Children are amazing. What they endure and how they triumph
Cons
Stressful, lack of leadership, long hours, no recognition
Okay Work Place
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Milford, DEAugust 16, 2017
Vision Quest is okay. In the milford location there's one great manager. Outside of that if you don't absolutely love kids, I wouldn't recommend it...
Flexible schedule but very detailed work
Case Manager (2 different programs) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2017
This position allowed me to develop my own weekly schedule and allow me to become independent and responsible in the workplace. This was very good experience being by first job after obtaining my bachelor's degree. Obtained great experience working with attorneys, probation officers, DHS workers, and various social work employees.
Great company
Child Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Guys Mills, PAJuly 19, 2017
Pays good, makes you feel like part of a team and there's tons of room to move up and improve yourself to gain experience in new positions. They assign jobs that make you feel as though you're truly making a difference.
productive, organized, and efficient work place
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 14, 2017
typical day at work for afternoon shift is coming in and doing shift transfer, tending to whatever appointments the clients may have, preparing dinner, organizing chore time, prepping clients for next day (showers, laundry, etc.), meds, then bedtime for clients. I would say the hardest part of the job is not getting too attached to the clients and allowing their stories to affect you. Some of the clients come in from the most unbelievable situation and it's important to keep composer and professionalism. the most enjoyable part of the job is spending quality time with the clients. Whether it be taking them swimming, on hikes, any outdoor activity, or even just hanging around the house watching a movie or playing a board game. Management is probably the most organized that I have seen and the most fair. There was never a time when I didn't feel that I couldn't come to my manager with out feeling supported. They were always willing to work with their employees and ready to help find a solution to whatever issue they may be faced with.
Overall abysmal work environment.
Youth Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Lisbon, NJJune 20, 2017
Management was absolutely horrendous and the lack of communication and support had a trickle down effect to the direct care workers. The management did not have their employees back and would often blame them before understanding what actually happened in different situations. Direct care would have to stay for extra shifts on a weekly basis with no prior warning, whether they had outside responsibilities or not.
Don't
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Franklin, PAJune 19, 2017
Over worked, poor benefits, no raises. Under staffed, unsafe, poor communication, not worth the headaches, no advancement, no control, horrible horrible job
Pros
Cons
It's VisionQuest
Once was a great work environment, but faltered based on poor management
Program Director (Former Employee) –  New Lisbon, NJMay 31, 2017
This agency was great provider for the youth it served. I was proud to be associated with such an agency as they were innovators of wilderness/ alternative to lock up programs for youth.
Pros
Promotional opportunity
Cons
Untrustworthy Management
Youth Quest Review
Youth Director (Former Employee) –  Union, NJMay 24, 2017
Enjoyed working with the youth population. Very rewarding. I recommend this environment for anyone who has an interest in working with you and families.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
None noted

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VisionQuest. Our community is ready to answer.