Visionworks Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
easy work, with reachable goals, but unfulfilled promises
Third Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 19, 2017
I left a great job to work at Visionworks because I was offered a
"full time" "management position" with "higher commission". Upon starting, I found that "full time" meant an average of 30 hours per week, "management" meant that I had a key to the store (so did everyone else), and the "higher commission" did not balance out the salary decrease I took to work there. While it was easy to reach my goals and make a decent amount of money I felt deceived from the moment I stepped through the door.
Good job
Optometric Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 15, 2017
Great job, especially as you get on the job training. Can work your way up in the company if you prefer to. Job is good if you need specific work hours.
Pros
Free eyewear, on the job training
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes can be very hectic
Not recommended
Key Manager (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDSeptember 13, 2017
I do not recommend Visionworks as a place of employment. The pay is not competitive, the training is inadequate and the atmosphere is very stressful..
Cool coworkers and doctors
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2017
Open up store, assist customers. Some coworkers lied and trick customers and managers knew about it but they just wanted sales that's all. But a week or so later customers come back to return. Alot of favoritism to certain people because they sold (LIED) to customers for the sale, they didn't have to work on certain days (Sundays) because they was needed on busier days to trick other customers of their money. It's all about the numbers and not the customer. DE was always on our backs about the numbers. Free eye exam and glasses every year.
Pros
Free eye exam and glasses every year. Coworkers
Cons
Pay, Management, Favoritism
Great place to work!
Manager/O.D (Current Employee) –  Calumet City, ILSeptember 12, 2017
Visionworks is a very great place to work! Rewarding environment and experience with patients, while helping patients to see better! I absolutely would recommend them!
Not too bad of a job
Contact Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 12, 2017
It isn't the worst. I just believe the management I had was awful. She did want to work ever unless the big boss was there. Pay was not fair or great. You were not suppose to know what others made, but of course everyone talked. Some people most definitely deserved more.
Get everyone ready for a full day by letting them know thier roles for the day.
Hire and train new Sales Consultants (Current Employee) –  Pineville, NCSeptember 5, 2017
Manage patients and sales associates for the day. Work aggressively to try to make every sale count. Give every patient a great experience in our knowledge of products and patient care.
Pros
Exicting place to work never a dull day.
Cons
Nights and weekends are a must.
Great place to work good pay good learning fast paced
Contact Lens Technician (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYAugust 31, 2017
Not a bad job i liked it alot but i had a bad egg come in as a manager who shouldnt have been one. He was ignorant and a complete jackbutt. But hes gone and the place has gotten 3 times better but i left for better opportunity but if you like fast paced office setting this is the place.
Pros
Lunches.great visionpla
Nice coworkers
Contributor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 30, 2017
I enjoy working with my coworkers in a lot of ways, but I think there is room for improvement when it comes to management and prioritization of some tasks to better achieve common goals.
great team environment
General/Mentor Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIAugust 29, 2017
I love working for visionworks, however I was promised a quicker job advancement which is not happening. The work day can be slow at times but we have great time with our patients, helping them find glasses and choose lenses that will work for them. Computer systems are a little outdated and there is a ton of paperwork. Overall I enjoy the company
fun place to work
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 28, 2017
Very busy place to work. great manager. Nice company. It's a place where you have your eyes checked and fitted for glasses or contacts.
Very loving and caring manager that loves to give everyone a chance.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
messy people
Good people to work for and with!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 27, 2017
This job is only as stressful as you make it. I have a great team and even if we do get a little short staffed, others are willing to step up. The company isn't all about hitting the numbers, but rather making sure the behavior is there to drive the business. The people I work for are great and I never have an issue using the open door policy if I think I have an idea or issue that I want heard. This company has treated me well!
Over worked, under paid, unapprciated
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYAugust 15, 2017
Upper management is extremely inconsistant. Upper management slso plays favorites with GMs. I was forced to over see 4 locations and I was only compensated for managing one! I was expected to be a mentor for my peers with no insentive.
Pros
Non
Cons
No appreciation. No work lofe balance
An all around good environment. Sales are involved.
Optical Density (OD) Technician (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 9, 2017
This is a good place to start if you choose to enter the world of medical insurance. It is, although, a NO mistakes world, as well. Paying attention to detail is must with this job.
Stressful
OD Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 9, 2017
It was a fun place to work my manager was awesome and understanding. The pay was definitely not enough and weekends were hard for me to work and they would not work with me about that
Over Worked Staff
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 9, 2017
In the short time I worked here, I was crossed trained in three different areas and I wasn't allowed to leave when I wanted unless everyone was done. So my time out could say 430 but if someone else wasn't done I was made to stay and half the time it was from open to close. If you needed to leave for family you got wrote up it was mandated on a lot even with notes.Not a very pleasant place to work and not paid enough or appreciated enough to work there at all.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Management, pay, leaving time
It's Okay
OD Technician (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 7, 2017
Visionworks is a decent place to work, but they expect you to move fast in the lab and in general. Corporate is not necessarily the most reasonable entity and moved my manager that hired me within the first month i worked there. I like most of the people here and they are mostly reasonable.
Productive and fast pace workplace
OD Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYAugust 3, 2017
I learned to work as a team, very fast pace, management very good, very understanding. Loved the patients throughout the day. Disliked the length of time still there after hours.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
short breaks
Very fast paced environment
OD Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph, MOAugust 2, 2017
The doctors were amazing and cared very much about their patients.Retail side was worried more about the numbers.Other than that very fun place to work but very fast paced.
Pros
1 hour lunches sometimes.
Cons
pay wasn't worth the drive
Great company poor management
Taco Bell Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJuly 31, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at taco Bell the hours where very shifty I made them work. I typically would have two days off back to back and I would enjoy that . My managers weren't very friendly and the shifts were starting to get shorter by the day .
Pros
Training new crew members
Cons
No over time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visionworks. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9