Visionworks Employer Reviews

fun place to work
Lead Optical Assistant (Former Employee), hauppauge nyAugust 30, 2014
really pleasant to work with my coworkers and friendly people...everyday I learn something new about insurance and all about the process to fit a patient with the right glasses.
Difficult District Managers
General Manager & Training Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXAugust 28, 2014
Pros: patients
Cons: not enough pay for too much stress
The DFW Area DM/Territory Director is very narcissistic and will not acknowledge the successes of the GM's. Lots of work for GMs on salary exempt schedules, but constant reduction of hours for supporting roles.
Optical training is NOT emphasized as being important; only SALES SALES SALES! And their products only!
GM will make bonuses and be successful, – more... only to have goals then changed to be impossible for continued bonus.
TD does not tell the truth about compensation packages during recruitment. – less
productive, great vibe and work environment
Eye Ware Specialist (Current Employee), Avon, INAugust 21, 2014
Pros: short shifts, commission pay added on, co workers
Cons: pay isn't that great if working part time along with the hours
loved working with patients, great management. learned a lot from my co workers and doctors.
a typical day consist of scheduling appointments, doing pretests for doctors and selling glasses(frames and lenses)
i learned about the human eye and its capabilities, what it needs to stay healthy and how to adjust lenses to produce clear vision for people – more... needed.
the hardest part of the job is selling if you cant take "no" for answer. its all about what best for the patients.
most enjoyable part was helping someone be able to see again, whether it was finding and selling a pair they love to them or fixing it with some creativity and pieces of tape. – less
Decent work environment
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), MissouriAugust 20, 2014
Could be a great place if they delivered what they promised and cared more about people than just the bottom line.
positive and clean environment
Sales Associate, Od Tech (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 10, 2014
Pros: hourly wage, plus commission, and advancement
Cons: understaffed, cut hours tremendously
A typical day at work included pretesting patient's to allow the doctor's visit to be more thorough and entering a customer's information into a computer, measuring a customer for glasses using specific guidelines, suggesting the right lenses for each customer's needs, helping customers choose eyeglass frames, troubleshooting problems customers may – more... have with their glasses, and dispensing finished glasses. – less
OPT Technician (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 30, 2014
A typical day at work included pretesting patient's to allow the doctor's visit to be more thorough. Management was good, they were in the process of receiving a new regional manager and moving general managers of stores around. Co-workers worked well together to get the job done. The doctor's I worked with were great and really looked out for the best – more... interest of their patient's. The hardest part of the job was not understanding eyeglasses completely. The most enjoyable part was being able to work with people who I know consider my friends. – less
Good Co-Workers
Optical Assistant (Current Employee), Geneva, NYJune 5, 2014
I have great co-workers, they are always very helpful. Job is very detail-oriented and you always have to be paying attention. Overall good place to work but can be challenging.
I learned a lot of useful skills
3rd key Eyewear Specialist Retail Manager (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIJune 4, 2014
Pros: clean and respectable, great learning experience, great hours
Cons: salary
Working with different people of all ages with skills I can advance with. I went from a part time consultant to a third key manager and learned all of my customer service and sales skills from this experience. The hardest part of the job was cleaning all of the glasses and the most enjoyable part was helping all the different people find something that – more... fit them best. – less
Lab Supervisor (Current Employee), McAllen, TXMay 8, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: under staffed
Good People to work with. Stores are under staffed and over worked. Short lunches and lots of black out days on when you can use your vacation. Raises are slow and advancement is hard to come by.
producive
Eyewear Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 3, 2014
very professional and great benefits. staff was amazing. Learned to work with different types of people
Very nice place to work at
Lab Supervisor (Former Employee), Washington, DCApril 16, 2014
Worked in the LAb with several equipment. It was very interesting working with all the equipment.
The part I liked the most is the fact that my work help people to regain their sight,which makes me really happy,Makes me feel I solve one of people's problems.It's a good feeling!
dk
lens technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2014
workplace environment clean and orderly
nice people but constant schedule changes(daily)
Productive company to work for.
Eyewear Specialist (Current Employee), Pueblo, COApril 8, 2014
Great company they take care of there employees very well. At this location it is very fast paced you have to be on your a game at all times a lot of customers and need to be taken care of in a orderly fashion.
visionworks
Optometric Technician (Former Employee), slidell, laApril 7, 2014
Very hard to balance work and home life. Working with the doctor helped me to learn a great deal about the profession. Management was difficult to work with. I enjoyed working in the professional atmosphere.
Busy, productive, challenging job.
Eyewear Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 18, 2014
Pros: free glasses, flexible schedule, friendly people
Cons: pay, directive management
This job consists of strategic selling points that one must accomplish to close a sell. First step is to smile and greet the customer showing a great first impression is always viable for a customer. Second step is listening to customer’s want/needs. Third ask indirect question that will reflect to customer purchase. Fourth voice recommended products – more... selection. Fifth close end sell by repeating customer purchase. VisionWorks works has helped me develop great point to sell products in a way that reflex the customers needs. – less
fast paced, ever changing, lots of politics to play
former employee (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: free eyewear
Cons: not much time off, no succession planning. feel like your 400 people in it alone
You must be self motivating. High expectatations. No training. Must be ready to "run".
Fast paced environment
3rd Key Manager (Former Employee), Barboursville, WVFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: hourly wage plus commission and room for advancement
Cons: customer service troubleshooting and inconsistencies between co-workers
A typical day work day consists of entering a customer's information into a computer, measuring a customer for glasses using specific guidelines, suggesting the right lenses for each customer's needs, helping customers choose eyeglass frames, troubleshooting problems customers may have with their glasses, and dispensing finished glasses.

I learned – more... a lot about the world of optics with this job. There is a lot of information that can sometimes be overwhelming, but with that knowledge comes a higher degree of confidence within the working environment.

There are many co-workers that are there to assist if needed, but because each pair of glasses is designed by the customer and their optician it can be harder to assist another optician's customer without knowing the exact buying process.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining a pleasurable experience when dealing with customers. There are many instances where customers are unhappy and providing superb customer service is part of the job. – less
Horrible experience
Eyewear Specialist (Former Employee), Shorewood, WIJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: friendly co workers
Cons: hours cut, low pay, under staffed, overwork, no breaks, extremely busy
I want to start by saying I enjoy working with my previous co workers, with that being said I ended up quitting after only working for the company for 5 months. The store lacked management, there was no permanent General manager for 9 months before I started, than we got a general manager who came from another eyewear company. She did not know anything – more... about the company and asked me questions, I was three months in at the time. I started 2 hours after the store closed past my time, only to find out my time was pushed back to when the store actually closed. My hours were cut drastically from 30 hrs a week to 12hrs a week. I was coming in on days working only 3 hrs a day. I had a newborn soon at the time and I closed the store every night, and I really mean (EVERY NIGHT). Only three works at the the time all previous co workers (5, not including me) quit when the new General manager started (SERIOUSLY). Under staffed, and over worked. – less
stressful work atmosphere, fast paced
Sales Associate/OD Tech (Former Employee), Erie, PAJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: discounts on eye exams and glasses
Cons: short lunches and no overtime
nonstop from start until finish
learned a great deal about eye glasses, and insurance procedures
management was strict and unforgiving
co-workers were as helpful as they could be
hardest part of the job was fixing eyeglasses with no prior experience
most enjoyable part of job was the eye doctors thank you after appointments were met and everybody had – more... appointments done on time. – less
A Career job if you want it to be
General Manager (Former Employee), Mankato, MNJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: good benefits for full time. free eyewear once a year.
Cons: limited retail hours for the tasks that need to be done as well as helping customers.
This is a job where you can learn something new and challenge yourself everyday.

If you like meeting and talking to people, this is the place.

It is an intimate one on one experience with your customers.

1 2 3 4

About Visionworks

Visionworks of America (formerly Eye Care Centers of America) is clearly focused on becoming the top eyewear chain. The company – Read more

Visionworks Photos