Registered Nurse (BSN) - Visiting Angels, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
Visiting Angels Home Care business is seeking a RN to perform clinical oversight of the firm’s health care, personal care and companion services program.
RN reports to the Owner/Director of Visiting Angels.
The position is per diem
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Personal Abilities Required:
- BSN and Nursing license in the state of New Jersey required.
- At least two years of education and community health nursing experience with progressive
responsibilities in community health nursing.
- The RN will oversee services rendered by certified homemaker home health aides (CHHAs) or
- The RN shall be available on call during all hours of service. On-call means available to respond to questions concerning services via electronic communication or telephone, but does not require that the on-call individual be available to personally visit the patient.
- The RN shall conduct an intake interview with the patient and/or family/significant-other.
- The immediate care needs of a discharged patient must be an in-person comprehensive
assessment by the RN and patient care assignments may be initiated for patients who are
discharged from a health care facility.
- Prior to starting all other patient care assignments (not initiated immediately following discharge from
a health care facility), an in-person comprehensive assessment of each patient by the RN to establish
a baseline of the patient’s physical and functional status and identification of the level of services
needed to meet the patient’s needs.
- The RN shall develop a Plan of Care based on the nursing assessment prior to the patient care
assignment. A copy of the Plan of Care is maintained in the office, at the patient’s residence and
available to the patient, the patient’s family/significant others and agency employees.
- The RN shall ensure that an in-person orientation to the tasks being delegated will be provided to
an assigned CHHA in the home of the patient within 24-48 hours of start of service, regardless of the
experience level of the CHHA.
- The RN evaluates records relating to the care provided to the patient on a regular basis, and
contacts the patient and/or significant other at least every 30 days, to determine if the Plan of Care
continues to meet the needs of the patient. An in-person reassessment of the patient every 60 days
(or 2 months) or more often if the patient’s condition warrants it or when there has been an interruption
of services, or a hospitalization or stay in a medical facility, if deemed necessary or a change in the
patient’s condition or functional status or if consistent with a service agreement. Documentation of the
reassessment shall be maintained.
- The RN shall visit the patient’s home during a time when care is being rendered by an assigned
CHHA to directly observe and ensure that care is being rendered safely and competently in
accordance with the Plan of Care; in the beginning within 24-48 hours of a CHHA’s assignment, at
least once every 60 days, more frequently, based on the judgment of the nurse or the patient’s
condition or more frequently based on payer source requirements.
- Ability to listen and communicate clearly, fluently and diplomatically orally and in writing.
- Ability to remain flexible, resilient, calm and maintain a sense of humor; and present a well-groomed
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, delegate and accurately follow through in work activities with time
constraints and interruptions to meet deadlines, as well as, work independently with a minimum
amount of direction and/or supervision.
- Ability to exercise initiative.
- Ability to generate goodwill for the organization and its management among staff, clients and referral
sources. Demonstrate a strong commitment to client service excellence.
- U.S. Citizen or evidence of valid Work Permit
- Interview, hire, on- board and train CHHA’s and Companion Care
- Provide in-service programs, (re)certification training and conversion training for CHHA’s and
- Other duties as necessary