Visiting Angels Employee Reviews

Great place to start as a caregiver with excellent training
Home Health Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Wayzata, MNDecember 17, 2017
Wonderful staff and clients.Exciting place to work, many extra benefits available. A very caring and compassionate staff. Location to the Mpls. metro is a plus.
Pros
Terrific place to start as a caregiver with great training
Cons
limited hours
great company
Home Health Aide/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, OHDecember 15, 2017
I only left here because it was hard for me to adjust with the loss of my patients I get extremely attached and I had to leave based on my own preferences but the job was great
It's a started
Personal Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 14, 2017
its a good place to work just to get you started but the pay is small for someone with experience. The staffs are good and friendly. Get your foot in and you can build up your resume.
Good for part time or temporary work
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 14, 2017
Clients do not have many hours, therefore, you cannot work but part time unless you have a full time client or multiple clients. Most positions are already taken, fill ins are the only available until a new client becomes available or someone quits.
Many job opportunities
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2017
Very little management when dealing with clients.
training also lacking.
availability of hours to work was the positive thing about visiting angels.
pay rate was a little low.
there so so
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pagosa Springs, CODecember 10, 2017
They act nice but will stabe you in the back just not a good place to work, you do work that a CNA would do with out license and they charge the people for Al CNAs and you do the work a CNA would do
Pros
none no brakes
Flexiblity with schedule
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PADecember 10, 2017
Visiting Angels is a good starting place for anyone who's interested in the medical field you can be of great assistant to the elderly or anyone in need of help. They are very flexible with the scheduling. The downside to this company there is no advancement or benefits.
Pros
Flexiblity
Cons
No advancement or benefits
Great company for contract work
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 8, 2017
Picking up shifts as needed was a breeze. Staff was friendly and easy to work with in getting shifts. Pay was too low. Did not really interact with co workers or management as my shift was contract based and never needed to stop at the office. Hardest part of the job was low pay and no benefits. Most enjoyable part was caring for senior citizens in their homes.
Pros
Easy online alerts for upcoming shifts
Cons
Low pay
Great place, wonderful bosses
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IADecember 7, 2017
Very fulfilling work you meet some very amazing people, I admit the hardest part of the job is when one of our loving clients pass away, but on the other side when you see someone very ill recovery it is amazing
Pros
you learn alot
Cons
some a very sick and pass away
Managers are terrible
HHA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PADecember 7, 2017
The managers are all liars. They send you on cases that take you an hour to get there. They promise to get you closer cases but never do. They gossip to one another about your personal business. If you have to take a day off for personal reasons ,the manager will tell all her co-workers and the other aides you work with your personal reasons for taking off. Horrible wages. No bonuses. They lie constantly. They promise the moon and the stars and give you dirt. If you want decent pay, an honest company, and respect DO NOT APPLY. And all their clients hate the office staff because of the lying and lack of respect.
Pros
Cons
Liars. Gossipers. and a little above minimum wage.
i assited the patinets in personal needs
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 7, 2017
I helped patients with most of their personal needs. If they needed help with cooking, cleaning and eating. I may help them with a bath or shower, combing hair or brushing teeth.
The time spent and working life with Visiting Angels
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLDecember 6, 2017
Visiting Angels can be a great work place.I like that I can cook for the client. I've learned that I can be my own boss and manage my on money.Some of the staff are usefull and knowledgeable.The hardest part about the job is going to far out where you spend more gas going to the clients home than the amount they are paying you.And the best thing about the job is the people you meet.But the job is what you make it. And it depends on the client you have. Whether they can be needy or just plain set in there ways. But over all it a good place to work if you want to be your own boss so to speak
Productive and fun workplace.
HHA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 4, 2017
Very family oriented company, I love working for them. Great experience and quick to respond to needs of employees. Fun environment and respectable company I love working for. Mostly enjoy meeting the new patients hearing their stories bring me joy.
Pros
Great hours
No one looking over your shoulder
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Verona, PADecember 3, 2017
Love my position. Loved every house I was at along with tasks.

Sometimes the clients weren't my fav. But the tasks never bothered me. Very accommodating to your preferences with clients, if it doesn't work out, they will switch you.

Range anywhere from straight companionship all the way to full on personal care.
Wanted part-time hours - but got very little (12hours) to 30hours. Shifts can be very short.

Some clients don't want you to do anything but sit there which can get boring.

But very flexible with hours and needed days off.
Great job for single parents or people who want little hours a day.

Management(owner) very strick! Can't use cell phones not even for emergency!

Receptionist's are great!

Overall if you follow the somewhat "strict" rules, you really won't have any problems here.
Pros
Houses are mostly clean, pretty much your own boss, flexible
Cons
Some unnecessarily rules and regulations
Great place to work until company changed ownership
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WADecember 3, 2017
Prior owner was very caring and understanding. She always went the extra mile for her employees. When ownership changed, the atmosphere changed drastically and a number of people left, including assistant director.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Change in ownership
This should only be considered a temp job
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 2, 2017
This was suppose to be full time employment. It definately is NOT. It may be worth working here to just pass time. No benefits. Low pay. Definately not good hours. Definately not meant to be a job to make a living with. This company needs a lot of help to be considered a good one. The clients are charged a lot and the actual employees doing work are paid little. Employees cant get hours because of very few clients willing to stick with this company...therefore employees cant afford to stay because of no hours with little pay
Pros
Meet good people
Cons
No hours..low pay..no benefits
Very Productive and a fun work place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Cortez, CODecember 1, 2017
I worked in Cortez, CO. Loved working with all my clients. My supervisor and fellow co-working were amazing, always working as a great team. Like when I was got in an accident and lost my car they went out of their way to rent me a car in Cortez that way I didn't leave my clients without a caregiver.
Pros
Most clients didnt mind sharing after meal preps
Cons
Short breaks sometimes but I didn't mind I'd rather work
na
Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, GANovember 30, 2017
Checked patient's' vital signs. Observed patients. Reported patient condition to nursing staff. Monitored food and liquid intake and output. Collected patient specimens, urine samples. Prepared patients for going home. Helped patients with bathing, grooming, using the toilet. Helped patients with movement, such as walking, sitting, and rolling over. Helped feed patients. Maintained patient confidentiality. Experienced working in home health care. Knowledge sets include: blood pressure, certified nursing assistant, nursing assistant, patient care, vital signs.
Manager never respond to your needs,Pay is very low,no benefits Management never returned your calls
Cargergiver (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan countyNovember 30, 2017
No training, will not work with your needs they make you feel that there trying but never follows thur.Will not find work close to where you live,No raises or increase in pay.
Pros
Clients and family are wonderful
Cons
Management not responding to your needs
Schedule that fits everyone's needs
CNA/GNA (Current Employee) –  Eldersburg, MDNovember 29, 2017
Visiting angels has a great scheduling system and a vast amount of patients so their scheduling fits every person out there whether you are a full time student, working mother and many more.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visiting Angels. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8