Visiting Angels

Visiting Angels Employee Reviews

love this company
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee), Upland, CAJuly 26, 2015
flexible with work schedule and great management. They really do provide quality care and I enjoyed working for them. Also great for a side job
Productive and fun working to care for other people.
Caregiver (Current Employee), Bryan, TXJuly 22, 2015
Pros: You can make your own hours.
Cons: Our clients often live far away.
This company offers competitive pay and you can make your own hours.I enjoy taking care of people and am able to provide better care for them at home.
Not what was promiced
housekeeping,cna,pca (Former Employee), Cambridge, MNJuly 21, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: unpaid millage, to few hours, no raise, hard to talk to owner about work
Drove to clients address, was welcomed and read care notes. Took to exercises , or dinner. Made meals at there homes. Cleaned house,talked, did ADLs , vitals, bathe them, what ever was needed per client. I learned That many clients could not live alone if it was not for someone caring for them, some could not thank me enough for being there. I did not know any co-workers, and briefly saw owner or receptionist. Traveling in the winter weather, storms. Meeting so many different people.
Very satisfying to help others
Caregiver (Current Employee), West Chester, OHJuly 21, 2015
Wonderful to enhance others lives; would continue to work with this company if benefits were offered as well as after 9 months of employment and an excellent job review would have received a raise. Health Care field pay rate entirely too low.
Easy relaxed gig
Caregiver (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: Limited hours, low pay.
Not a bad part time job to have, would be a little stressed if I had to do this full time. Feels good helping elder people. Sometimes the management can stress you out.
Great company for home healthcare
Personal Assistant/Caregiver (Former Employee), Georgetown, TXJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Selective hours
Cons: Hard to get in touch with anyone at the facility
I first worked for Visiting Angels in 2004 when it was owned by different people. I was kept very busy during the years it was run by the first owners. After it was acquired by the new owner and moved to Georgetown, I was not kept quite as busy. I have been trying to contact them about part time employment, but have yet to hear back from them. I don't think it is being run quite as efficiently as it used to be.
A typical day at work consist of cleaning, cooking, laughing,walking, talking, and reading
CNA (Current Employee), Woodbridge, CTJuly 15, 2015
Pros: works as a team
Cons: not enough hours
Management is very supportive.They will try there best to find you work. Easy to get along with. Well respected. Wonderful communication skills.
Visiting Angels
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Set schedule
Cons: Low pay
You had a set schedule and regular clients. This is a lower skill set position more housekeeping than nursing. It is more as a companion service or safety service. I like more of a challenge. I wanted to do more and needed to earn more and wanted to be paid for my skills.I worked alone and was only assisted by non nursing staff. I had several long term clients I had to leave when I separated for a better position. Liked the job just wanted to do more.
I dont know sometime what I need to do for pain situations, I am not nurse
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Palm Coast, FLJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Like enjoy with client most the day any activities
Cons: When client have some pain, o they can not eating for any reason
12 Hrs Shift: Come morning time, talking with client. Ask them what they want to do :take shower, bed bath sponge bath. Do it. Assisting with dress, Make breakfast. Reminders Medications, Help to exercise if they have. Company with appt with Doctors office, in case they have. Prepare lunch, reminder medications. Play something, o walking around depend, reading book. Prepare dinner, reminder meds., assisting client for prepare for bed.
Clean dishes, put out the garbage, clean kitchen (counters, refrigerator)...Make all notes and give report to my release.
Fun job
Caregiver/Provider (Current Employee), Glendora, CAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: N/a
Excellent place to work, friendly associates, always learning something new, time management, devoted staff. Warm, sociable clients, and there is always work available.
Very warm environment with friendly people, with the aim of achieving success and customer satisafaction
Administrator/Coordinator (Current Employee), Ramsey, NJJuly 3, 2015
Visiting Angels is a great place to work in, The environment created is so conducive for growth.
As an Administrator, I was given all the support and logistics I needed to make it possible to deliver my best.
Many client oppertunities
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Reading, PAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Close travel
Cons: not many hour oppertunities
Assisted clients with every day activities as well as housekeeping and general maintenance. Beginning day with morning routines (clients preference) . Attend any and all daily appointments or traveling requests. Completed all meal preparation as well as cleaning up afterwards.
A very friendly company that gives employees the feeling of belonging.
caregiver (Current Employee), Las vegas NV.July 1, 2015
Pros: frequent free snack at the office, regular salary increases when deserved and based on performance.
Cons: none
A typical day at work is routinary depending on the level of service required by the clients. I have learned so many things in the medical field that I could not have learned in other fields. The company has a family culture and the staff are very approachable and helpful. The management and officers understand the individual problems of the employees and never failed to assist in every way possible. The hardest part of the job is if you are assigned to a client with bad attitude or with mental problems. However, the doctors always give us instructions on how to react in almost all unexpected situation.
The most enjoyable part is when the client's family shows appreciation for the service that we render and the staff make us feel that feeling of belonging to the company.
Healthcare
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee), Hot Springs, ARJune 30, 2015
A typical day was just taking care of an elderly lady with Alzheimer and dementia. It was a very hard thing, because she didn't remember anything and was yelling at me, telling me I was wrong. The management was everywhere, they just hire anyone. The hardest part was you never know when they are going to past away.
Good reward sysstem. CEO cares about the employees and shows appreciation with special rewards.
Caregiver/Housekeeper (Current Employee), Idaho Falls, IDJune 28, 2015
Pros: Good reward systm for good work. Appreciation shown by supervisor to employees.
Cons: Job security when you lose a client. Time in and out is by phone and it is easy to forget to call.
This company really makes their employees feel appreciated. Employees can earn extra money and rewards.

My typical day at work consists of cleaning house, preparing food for my client to fix later, feeding the dog and filling the bird feeder with feed. I have no coworkers.

The hardest part of the job is having to call in every time we arrive for work and everytime we l eave. It is easy to get side-tracked and forget. It is also a worry when a client is going to be gone or does need your services for a day or two or longer and no one can be found to replace you. They you lose money.

Helping others and being rewarded for good work is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Home Care
Full-Time Certified Nursing Assistant/Caregiver (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJune 26, 2015
Pros: One on one direct patient care
Cons: Cancel last minute
While being employed with this company I was mostly satisfied with the job at hand. It was a lot different then working in a hospital setting because you were only dealing with one person versus 5+ patients. This job gave me a better understanding of how important it is to some people to be home safe in their own house. I gained a lot of experience over the years in learning compassion and empathy.
Caregiver (Current Employee), Tri-Cities, WAJune 26, 2015
I enjoy working for visiting angels. Very kind and helpful people in the office. Schedulers do a great job of pairing you with a client that you feel comfortable taking care of and have the skills to do so.
Great company to work for
Homemaker (Current Employee), Woodbridge, CTJune 25, 2015
Pros: Consistent with cases
Cons: none
Reliable and consistent with cases, very friendly and always pleasant. Happy to be a part of this team. Always call for new cases ahead of time.
work and travel
Caregiver (Current Employee), Waco, TXJune 24, 2015
Pros: make new friends
Cons: low pay, no healthcare
the most enjoyable part of the job is that you meet people and make them smile.

Pay scale should be reevaluated/because you are traveling all around town and out of town but don't get paid anymore. you put a lot of wear and tear on your auto
GREAT MANAGEMENT
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Jurupa, CAJune 24, 2015
Pros: VERY UNDERSTANDING BOSSES
Cons: NOT HIGH ENOUGH PAY
I LOVE WORKING HERE SO MUCH I HAVE THE BEST BOSSES, THE ONLY REASON I AM LOOKING FOR ANOTHER POSITION IS TO FIND SOMETHING THAT IS HIGHER PAYING.

1 2 3 4 5

About Visiting Angels

At VISITING ANGELS, we know that it isn't easy to make the decision to invite a stranger into your home to provide non-medical – Read more

Visiting Angels Salaries

Administrative Assistant
$12.08 per hour

Visiting Angels Photos

on job training phil
ormoc UCTC learning center phil.
at snack bar