The Visiting Nurse Association of Northern N.J. is seeking a Bachelor Prepared Hospice Nurse
The VNA is a well-respected non-profit organization that has been providing top-quality healthcare to the greater Morris County area of NJ for over 110 years. At the VNA you are surrounded by people who are patient-focused and take great pride in what they do. As a member of the VNA team, you will enjoy a stimulating work environment, great benefits and a tremendous opportunity for growth. Whatever career path you choose — whether it is as a home care provider or as a part of the corporate support staff, you will have opportunities to develop and expand your career while making a significant impact in people's lives.
Working under general direction of Hospice Team Leader and the attending physician, the nurse provides skilled nursing assessment, planning and care in order to maximize the comfort and health of patients and families.
- Provides direct nursing service and nursing case management to clients in their place of residence, nursing homes, hospitals, and respite care settings.
- Provides specialized hospice training to other staff, family members and informal caregivers to ensure adequate care.
Evaluates own needs for support and uses identified system to meet the need. (Monthly support meetings)
- Applies specific criteria for admission and recertification to hospice care to establish appropriate levels of care and patients eligibility.
- Assessment of patient’s physical, functional, psychosocial and environmental needs and activities of daily living and risk for pathological grief.
- Manages an assigned caseload including: Admission of a client to the Hospice following Agency procedure; Skilled and Bereavement visits which meet patient/family needs and conform to Agency and physician ordered frequency; Coordinates and prioritizes needs with the members of the IDT in implementation of care including but not limited to family, physician, and other professional staff, including the Medical Social Worker, the chaplain, the home health aide and volunteers; Serves as liaison between client/physician, client/family, and client and other community resources.
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Jersey. One year of acute care experience. Hospice Home Health experience preferred but not essential. Experience cannot be substituted for education.
To learn more about the VNA of Northern New Jersey Visit: www.vnannj.org
APPLY ONLINE: www.vnannj.org/apply/INDEED/HN