ENTRY LEVEL & NEW GRADS WELCOME.
Occupational Therapist Needed for Full Time Position.
The Visiting Nurse Association of Northern New Jersey is recognized leader and innovator in the field of home health care for more than 110 years and one of the state's leading home care providers based upon patient outcomes. At the VNA, we offer the support and understanding you need while handling an active caseload. This unique support system, plus our highly competitive compensation structure can provide a very satisfying and consistent income. The OT possessing the finely tuned clinical skills, excellent managerial ability and relentlessly positive attitude that exemplifies the Visiting Nurse Association of Northern New Jersey can achieve great professional satisfaction and financial rewards from working with our agency. We provide scheduling support, laptop and electronic report submission.
Provides occupational therapy services on a full-time basis to patients following evaluation of the patient’s need determined in collaboration with the physician and other Agency personnel.
- Develops a Occupational Therapy Treatment Plan based on client evaluation and information provided through collaboration with the physician and other Agency personnel. For hospice patients the Plan of Care must be in consultation with the primary physician and members of IDT.
- Establishes long and short-term goals.
- Secures orders for physical therapy every 60 days from the patient's physician. Medicare B is created every 30 days.
- Observes, records, and reports to the physician and appropriate Agency personnel the patient's reaction to treatment and any changes in the patient's condition.
- Applies appropriate occupational therapy procedures to achieve identified goals
- Assists the physician, patient, and the family in the selection of, and instructs the patient in the care and use of: wheelchairs, braces, crutches, prosthesis’s, and orthoses. Makes recommendations concerning environmental applications.
- Instructs other health team personnel including, when appropriate, the Registered Nurse, Home Health Aide, and family. Instruction includes certain phases of the Occupational Therapy Program which they may carry out.
- Interprets to the family the patient's total Occupational Therapy Program including treatment, goals, frequency, duration of visits, and necessity for ongoing re-assessment.
To apply, you should hold a bachelor’s degree or greater, have graduated from a occupational therapy curriculum approved by the AMA and AOTA . Registered to practice Occupational Therapy in the State of New Jersey. Open to Entry Level & New Grads. 0 - 2 years occupational therapy experience supervision preferred.Home health experience preferred but not essential. Experience may not be substituted for education.
Visit: www.vnannj.org to learn more.
APPLY ONLINE: www.vnannj.org/apply/INDEED/OT