ENTRY LEVEL & NEW GRADS WELCOME.
Physical Therapist Needed for Full Time Position.
The Visiting Nurse Association of Northern New Jersey is recognized leader and innovator in the field of home health care for more than 110 years and one of the state's leading home care providers based upon patient outcomes. At the VNA, we offer the support and understanding you need while handling an active caseload. This unique support system, plus our highly competitive compensation structure can provide a very satisfying and consistent income. The PT possessing the finely tuned clinical skills, excellent managerial ability and relentlessly positive attitude that exemplifies the Visiting Nurse Association of Northern New Jersey can achieve great
professional satisfaction and financial rewards from working with our agency. We provide scheduling support, laptop and electronic report submission.
Provides physical therapy services to patients following evaluation of the patient’s need determined in collaboration with the physician and other Agency personnel.
- Develops a Physical Therapy Treatment Plan based on client evaluation and information provided through collaboration with the physician and other Agency personnel. For hospice patients the Plan of Care must be in consultation with the primary physician and members of IDT.
- Establishes long and short-term goals.
- Secures orders for physical therapy every 60 days from the patient's physician. Medicare B is created every 30 days.
- Observes, records, and reports to the physician and appropriate Agency personnel the patient's reaction to treatment and any changes in the patient's condition.
- Applies appropriate physical therapy procedures to achieve identified goals
- Assists the physician, patient, and the family in the selection of, and instructs the patient in the care and use of: wheelchairs, braces, crutches, prosthesis’s, and orthoses. Makes recommendations concerning environmental applications.
- Instructs other health team personnel including, when appropriate, the Registered Nurse, Home Health Aide, and family. Instruction includes certain phases of the Physical Therapy Program which they may carry out.
- Interprets to the family the patient's total Physical Therapy Program including treatment, goals, frequency, duration of visits, and necessity for ongoing assessment.
Requires Bachelor’s degree or greater and has graduated from a physical therapy curriculum approved by The American Physical Therapy Association, The Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association or The Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association and the American Physical Therapy Association. New Jersey licensure required. Open to Entry Level & New Grads. 0 - 2 years physical therapy experience supervision preferred. Home Health experience preferred but not essential. Experience may not be substituted for education.
Visit: www.vnannj.org to learn more.
APPLY ONLINE: www.vnannj.org/apply/INDEED/PT
Indeed - 22 months ago
Visiting Nurse Association of Northern New Jersey (VNA) is a nonprofit provider of comprehensive home health care services. The VNA has...