Visiting Nurse Association Of Ohio Employee Reviews in United States

Run away!!!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 17, 2016
Poor management and a punitive atmosphere have turned this company into a horrific place to work. For the last 4 or 5 years the VNA has gone downhill. The management is out of touch with what Homecare is really about. They are nonprofit but run it like a greedy company where quality is just an afterthought .The turnover is constant and quite frankly I am very concerned about the poor quality the patients are receiving. They are consistently short staffed. They forced out many of the high quality seasoned nurses to hire new ones with lessor pay. In short, don't bother. There are many smaller Homecare companies that treat their employees with respect.
Pros
Some good employees
Cons
Management, actually everything
Would look anywhere but here
sales coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 10, 2015
I found my time at Visiting Nurse to be one of the most unique work experiences in my career life. I have never seen more disorganized leadership that came up with a new way to do something and then 2 weeks change their mind and then 2 weeks later change their minds. And the sad part nothing got fixed but all it did was throw people into chaos. It was a very emotional and not because of patient care, but just with the culture, everything was crisis or there was too much backstabbing. I would highly recommend looking somewhere else where you are shown respect and when the leaders talk about it, they actually know how to show it and how to really solve a problem or make a real change. So many people leave there, you never know who is coming or going at Visiting Nurse Association. Sad because employees want to care for patients at the end of the day.
Pros
nice people to work with, free parking
Cons
bad morale, high turnover
Horrible place to work
stna (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHNovember 8, 2015
I worked several years for this company only to have my wages cut. Management is out of touch. Loyal hard working employees are treated terribly. The vna will promise you the world only to use you for their advantage.
Pros
Cons
Pay, management, and culture
Turnover is too high, poor culture
manager (Former Employee) –  Lake County, OHNovember 4, 2015
There is more competition than ever before. This leads to not having the cream of the crop like they used to. Sad to say very low morale d/t turnover is constant and a revolving door. Management is out of touch and seems frantic all the time.But the competition offers so much more in terms of compensation, perks, 401K, flexibility and a higher level of co workers.

You can be independent, care for patients, do your work. Mission of patients and families works for the field staff.
Pros
Independence, mission focused
Cons
High turnover, out of touch leaders, revolving door
Nice co workers but unstable environment
Manger (Current Employee) –  ClevelandOctober 4, 2015
My coworkers are all so nice and commmited to their work. But there are so many changes in leadership, reorganizing that no one can keep up with the new direction. The rank and file just keep plodding along knowing we are helping care for patients and families. You can set your own schedule and do not feel like you are punching a clock which is a nice perk.. Being able to do some work at home or at night is helpful for work life balance. I feel that I need to start looking around since the direction they are moving in might not be the best one for a future career in health care.
Pros
Flexibility over schedule, good mission, feel like you help others
Cons
No raises in years, revolving door in management
Treat employees poorly. No respect.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  MansfieldAugust 18, 2015
Used to be a great place to work when they treated their employees with respect. Not so much anymore. They do not give raises and hire new employees at a higher rate of pay than existing loyal employees. The only thing that matters anymore is the bottom dollar. That shouldn't be the case with a so called not for profit agency.
Pros
Can't think of any now.
Cons
Treat nurses poorly.
Good work environment with growth potential.
Risk and Disability Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 9, 2014
Good work environment with growth potential.
Allowed me to grow and expand my ideas with minimal supervision.
Pros
work environment that fostered independence.
Cons
frequent upper management turnovers affecting entire company.
Vna
Education and Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 6, 2012
I worked for the VNA for over 10 years. It was a good experience but am glad I no longer work there. New environment, new management and things are not going well...I do not expect this "over 100 year old company" to be in business in the next 10 years.

1.9