Visiting Nurse Health System

Visiting Nurse Health System Employee Reviews

Congenial environment that allows flexibility and advancement
Patient Access Team Lead/ Remote (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2015
Pros: flexibility, coworkers
Cons: lack of consistency in work flow
VNHS definitely provides a pleasant work environment and there is opportunity for growth. My ability to multi-task and remain flexible in a work environment has vastly improved since being with VNHS. Although management has changed frequently and our department has been through major restructuring, morale has been decent. The most difficult part of the job is adapting to the constant restructuring and lack of established processes. The most enjoyable aspect of my job is the pleasant work relationships that I have developed and maintained over the past several years. Our Intake department is often the first voice or interaction that patients and referral sources have with Visiting Nurse, and I truly believe that a pleasant work environment promotes great productivity and customer service.
Worst job ever
RN (Former Employee), AtlantaMay 10, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Awful management
A typical work day was making home visits. You pretty much have your independence. I learned that working for this company was tantamount to working with a pack of rabid pit bulls. Management goes out of their way to get what they want out of you, even if it means lying and twisting the truth. Co workers are not supportive. They are too busy trying to protect themselves and their jobs. The hardest part of the job was coming to the realization that there are people in the world who will trample all over you in the name of career advancement. Call me naive! The most enjoyable part were the beautiful patients that I got to help and encourage on their road to recovery!!
flexible schedule
Staff Physical Therapist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 30, 2015
Pros: flexible, good benefits
Cons: unsafe territory, unstable pay
This company allows you to have a flexible work environment; however, the job itself varies drastically in pay and amount of work required. The territory can make this job really good or really bad.
GREAT LOCATION
Reimbursement Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: no real breakroom
Home Health and Hospice Corporate office.Great location right off the highway. Compensation was fare and very laid back work environment. A typical day for me was to run all Cash reports every morning, Bill out all claims and fixing all errors. Working the A/R Aging. Following up on claims that were denied and or denied in error.
Look somewhere else if you want a life...
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: long paid orientation
Cons: take private insurance, medicare, and so many rules and guidelines you can never keep up
A very "clique" oriented environment. If you challenge anything, you will be black marked and pushed out. Very, very unprofessional recruitment tactics and violate HR laws with regards to employment verification. Management is awful, never know what is going on, will be texting, calling at all hours and scheduling endless training, skills, education, meetings, etc and still expect all visits completed no matter what time it is...schedulers either like you or not, constant procedural changes without notification and absolutely no "teamwork" - if a co-worker has been there longer - you are at their disposal and have to earn their approval....Don't believe the hype - have outrageous turnover at all levels and no better than other agencies. Only accept a job here if you want to go back to "highschool" and have no personal life...By far the worst job in my 14 years of nursing...
Decent not great
Physician Access (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2015
Can be a good place to work but very high turnover. Management always asks employees to do more with less. Not much room for advancement.
Little work/life balance
Home Health LPN (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: autonomous work
Cons: not what you are told it is
When you go into orientation, they build this place up like its better than all the rest. It's like a sales pitch. Then, once you are out there on your own, you are asked to do the impossible. The patients are great. The company preaches open door policy, but very little contact with you. The RNs are all the same as they are every where else, they just do what they want and everyone else puts the puzzle together. I feel like my life revolves around this job.
non profit organization focused on patient care
Occupational Therapist/Auditor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 18, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company. I feel the company was patient oriented and always focused on improving patient care.
A growing supportive organization
Hospice Clinical Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta GAOctober 4, 2013
The staff is very supportive and dedicated who work well together.
Gives you an opportunity to give back to those in need.
Education Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2012
Pros: family environment, giving back
Cons: turnovers, healthcare benefits
Good company. Caring clinicians. Outstanding patient care.