Visiting Nurse Service of New York

Visiting Nurse Service of New York United States Employee Reviews

internship
Internship (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 23, 2015
My internship was a great experience! The team from the accounting department were fantastic. I would diffidently love to work for the Visiting Nurse Service of New York in the future.
Awsome
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great work Ethics
Cons: No Cons
Great team work. It was interesting to work with a variety of diverse cultures. I enjoyed helping the clients become self sufficient and it felt great once they actually got a job and maintained it.
Good working environment but poor pay and little opportunity to grow
Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 11, 2015
If you're ok with a small position for a long period (or life) then go for it...otherwise don't expect growth or significant salary increase.
this job sucked...too much computer work.
RN (Former Employee), schenectadyFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: independence
Cons: never good enough for them
DON'T WORK HERE. SUPERVISORS ARE CRITICAL YOU CAN NEVER DO ENOUGH . THEY WILL FIRE YOU FOR SOMETHING THAT WASN'T YOUR FAULT! NO JOB SECURITY, RIPPED OUT FROM UNDER ME. TRAVELED TO HOMES IN SNOW STORMS FAR FAR AWAY, WHO KNOW IF YOUR ALRIGHT OR WE'RE EVEN MUGGED BY YOUR PATIENT..NOT SAFE.
Professional staff
Nutritionist (Former Employee), Queens/Brooklyn/Staten Is/NassauFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: compensation package
Cons: budget cuts
VNSNY was a gratifying experience and if budget deficits had not occurred I would still be working there proudly.
I always enjoyed going to work and was very proud of my functions and accomplishments.
Adjustments
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 14, 2015
I strongly feel that some management structures needs adjusting in order for this firm to run successfully. The pay is well and working from home is a plus when your not going into the office.
Great Learning environment
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great learning environment
Cons: unstable work environment in regards to layoffs
The company provided a lot of opportunities to learn about healthcare and further pursue a career in the healthcare industry.
The company also provided great benefits for its employees.
Great Company
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: able to work independently and with a team.
Cons: short staff
Working with VNSNY as a customer service representative was a great experience. Daily activities included processing referrals from medical offices, hospitals and nursing homes. Would call clients and/or client's family members regarding the best possible way to service clients with medical attention. I enjoyed working independently as well as with a team. Onsite managers provided as much help as possible in order to ensure best quality customer services for current and/or potential clients.
Extremely supportive supervion and co workers, avenues to advance
Discharge Coordinator - nursing (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 19, 2015
I worked for the Visiting Nurse Service for 25 + years as an evening nurse, then as a discharge coordinator at local hospital. The experience was a positive one, both personally and professionally. The supervisors were always supportive, helpful and understanding, always willing to discuss concerns and needs. Co workers were helpful and caring. I was honored to be part of this valuable organization for so many years and hope to rejoin them in the near future.
I give VNS 5 stars
Escort Interpreter/ Documentation Clerk (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 15, 2015
I worked for VNS for 10 years, and it was the best time of my life. I learned so much with VNS, It felt like management and my co-workers were my family. The harderst part of my job was when my position no longer existed, My most enjoyable part of my joy was when I was able to help others.
Nice Place
Consultant (Contract) (Current Employee), Wilton, CTJanuary 15, 2015
Good Work Environment. I'm only a consultant so I don't work here all the time but I like it so far. The staff is nice and management seems responsive to questions or issues when presented. I would recommend this organization to someone looking for work.
HOME CARE RN
Weekend Per Diem Homcare RN (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 28, 2014
I LIKED THE WORK AS A WEEKEND PERDIEM RN IN BROOKLYN. USED MY OWN CAR TO GET TO PATIENTS. WAS SENT TO ALL PARTS OF BRROKLYN THAT I WAS UNFAMILIAR. NO ATTEMPT WAS MADE TO KEEP ME IN OR ABOUT MY OWN NEIGHBORHOOD. SOME NIGHTS DID NOT FINISH UNTIL 10:00
Rooted in history for excellent patient care!
Quality Improvement Specialist, RN (Former Employee), New YorkDecember 17, 2014
Worked with inspiring and motivated people but organization under strain responding to changing healthcare landscape.
Family
Associate Account Manager (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYNovember 24, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was having gained a work family.
I would recommend anyone to apply to Visiting Nurse Service of NY
Business Service Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 24, 2014
Pros: understanding how much you contributed to a patients care
Cons: when company has job cuts
A typical day at work is setting your goals to attain doctors signatures from services renders to patients by any of the worker like nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, home health aids and social workers. Once generated documents attain signature then you update it in the computer system. You do as much as you can in a day.

I learned how much work goes into taking care of patients behind the scenes.

Management team kept us on our feet whether I liked or not. They did a decent job.

My co-workers were resourceful but sometimes a distraction.

The hardest part of the job was reaching out to different doctors offices and establishing a relationship with them because sometimes they were so unprofessional.

The most enjoyable part was attaining a signature for a high value case and communicating with patients.
Home care is not for everyone
Public Health Nurse (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 15, 2014
if you are okay with working at home and sacrificing your personal life then this is the place for you. As a COC you are never off, constant badgering via email and phone. they call you in the middle of the day although you are driving and it is illegal to talk and drive and the company does not offer headsets. they are inconsiderate on how the day is planned, they will add more visits without asking any relevant questions. the expectations are unrealistic. At the end of the day, I was not willing to sacrifice my personal time. It made me a miserable person.
Supportive and rewarding place to work
Comprehensive Care Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 7, 2014
Pros: great growth options
Cons: employee to consumer ratio
This was a wonderful place to work. It gave you a sense of accomplishment and a feeling of satisfaction knowing that you are doing a rewarding job for your consumer. The team was always supportive and management ready to assist whenever needed. It was an environment which promoted personal and professional growth for the employees as well as the consumers.
nice professional enviroment
Community Health Nurse (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 4, 2014
Pros: interaction with the patients
Cons: workload
A typical day at work consisted of coming into the office, following up on phone calls, emails, and office work before going to see patients. I learned how to multitask. The coworkers were great.The hardest part of the job was managing the office work. Interaction with the patients was the most enjoyable part of the job.
clique members needed
case manager (Former Employee), schenectadyOctober 30, 2014
Ever wonder why they are ALWAYS advertising?!? Can't keep help
Don't waste your time here..
Great Place, Great People
Hospice Volunteer (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 22, 2014
Great people who are passionate about the work they do. Very welcoming and patient.

1 2 3 4 5

About Visiting Nurse Service of New York

The Visiting Nurse Service of New York is the largest not-for-profit home health care agency in the United States and has been – Read more

Visiting Nurse Service of New York Salaries