Visiting Nurse Service of New York Employee Reviews

Unethical Place to work for
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2017
Management does not care for their staff
People have been kept as Temps for more then 2 years, however they hire Nurses and CEO with high compensations
Pros
Good Place to gain experience in regards to hospice
Cons
Pay is terrible and no room for growth
volunteer work
medical clerical aide (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 25, 2017
Visiting Nurse Service was a really lovely experience. It really is a company that has great volunteer jobs that make your time fulfilling than just a bore.
Pros
peaceful experience
Cons
not given a better job afterwards
It is a moderate company
Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 7, 2017
Opening new sites, making new relationships with community organizations and providers, create leads, write applications, submit them in a timely matter, follow up reservice.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
Very long hours including nights and weekends
Loved working here!
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 22, 2017
This is a great company to work for in this field. They offer education assistance for employees that would like advancement opportunities. I was able to feel as if I was actually making a difference in most of my patients lives.. However, this can also take a toll both emotionally and physically. Without services like Visiting Nurse too many people would not have the basic support for their survival.
Pros
Flexible sceduling
Cons
Most cases require heavy lifting
Productive and fun
Translator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 20, 2017
I had an awesome time working at VNS. Too bad it was short and sweet. The nurses, staff, management great people. If I had the opportunity to go back to them I would.
Pros
Out in the field
Cons
should pay more
Not a place for advancing one's career
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2017
IT Strategy needs to be re-defined. Evidently witnessing plenty of job cuts since 2017. Good Managers and colleagues. Plenty of changes coming up. Hardworking and sensible people.
Pros
Ok environment
Cons
Shoe string
Working with Family
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bellerose, NYJune 7, 2017
It was fun working at Visiting Nurse Service of NY. I have spent over 22 years where the culture for most of the years felt like working with a group of family.
fast paced
Translator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2017
Having to help the patients and nurses
Making sure the nurses has all supplies before leaving the office
listening to the patients concerns
helping the nurse as much as possible
Pros
helping out the elderly
Cons
walking long blocks
Supportive
Family Counselor/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockaway Beach, NYApril 20, 2017
This was a very supportive and productive work environment. Management worked closely with staff. Staff undergo training to become which enable them to beeffective
Public Health Nurse
Public Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 7, 2017
Work life balance-difficult to find a balance workload varies and is ever changing no set expectation- get the job done at all cost
Caseload-ridiculously heavy at times/manageable on other days
Compensation-good
Benefits-good
Job security- good
Supervision- difficulty to reach and inconsistent
Large homecare agency; education and learning opportunities are endless and online; have to be self motivated to thrive in this environment; company has room to promote and climb the ladder if interested; resources available must be able to use them to advantage; autonomous position good place to work despite all the disadvantages.
Pros
Benefits, compensation, job security, room to grow as a clinician
Cons
Difficult to balance work/life, heavy caseload, assignments are heavy, documentation timeliness
Great experience
Student Nurse Scholar (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2017
While working at the Visiting Nurse Service of New York, I was able to experience many different walks of life which made this job so intriguing to me.
A very busy work place.
Supervisor of Business operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2017
Great place to work in. Very busy place in which we multi-task a lot. A great place to learn new skills and apply your skills. The workplace has gone through a lot of changes.
Good benefits but very exhaustive
Physical Therapist PB (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2017
Excellent training, good perks but very exhausting physically and fast paced. The company is very good and trains you very well and provides you with all the gadgets but I was drained at the end of the day. I was doing lot of documentation at home to keep up with the work pace esp because I'm internationally trained PT. It is quite a challenge but may get easier with time and practice.
Pros
good salary and benefits
Cons
very fast paced
Family owned business with owners and family all working in business.
Patient Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  New Haven CountyDecember 19, 2016
Worked here for 4 years and built my reputation in the industry by providing good customer service and working within the senior community. This job afforded me the opportunity to work with Totalcare and continue with my relationships in the industry.
Pros
Stepping stone to advancement to a better position in the industry
Cons
Family owned and operated
Workspace Culture
Social Work Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 14, 2016
The workspace can be very stressful and exclusive if you are a male worker. In an environment dominated by women it is very difficult for a man or young man to be comfortable in the workspace. Some workers are very exclusive, and many, blur the lines of the professional and personal relationships that they have in the work environment. Many staff members have inappropriate private conversation in the open that deal with very sensitive topics geared to bashing gender or demonizing clients for there problems. If you enjoy social work or helping those in need this is the career for you, however, you have to be comfortable to working in a high school mindset style work environment.
Pros
flexible schedule, community advocacy, on job certification
Cons
stressful and unhealthly work enviroment
typical duties
LPN Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 17, 2016
driving from visit to visit. if you don't like driving around and dealing with the public this will not be for you. you. wont have a set area, you could be driving all over the borough.
Pros
union, tuition reinbursment, room for growth
Educational environment. I have learned so much working here and have grown alot. I enjoyed working as a Public Health Nurse.
Coordinator of Care (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 22, 2016
Awful place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 17, 2016
They made me an incorrect offer and told me to trust them as they couldn't get it in writing for a couple days. So I put notice in at my current position and then they rescinded the offer the next day because I accepted an offer that was incorrect. I guess I wouldn't want to work there if that's how they are anyways.
Productive Place to work
Business/Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2016
Got a lot to learn. Very fast paced environment. Proper work life balance. Great location and great benefits. Great communication channels between cross functional teams.
No longer a happy place to work .
Public Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Westchester County, NYJuly 1, 2016
VNSNY used to be a great place to work-But inow there is a hostile working environment ,no management support, poor problem solving skills from managers.
I have been a Public Health nurse for 20 plus years and still enjoy seeing patients at home but this agency had made it more difficult for us to casemanage safely and efficiently . The nurses and rehab group that i worked with are awesome !
Pros
Medical benefits, pension plan, salary
Cons
Increased traveling, not geographically compact.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visiting Nurse Service of New York. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval