Visiting Nurse Service of New York

Visiting Nurse Service of New York Employee Reviews

productive place to work
Medical Administrative Support Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 21, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: Short breaks
Working with potential patients for cancer outreach. How it is important to keep records of patients that came through the outreach program. I was responsible on keeping records of how the program helped the uninsured patients. My ex-co-workers was great to work with, and great team players. Having patients keeping their appointments. Seeing patients get the medical they need to stay healthy.
Not the best job culture or team building atmosphere to work in
Temporary Member Service Rep (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Learned what it takes to retrieve my username & passwords for systems used
Cons: Low team morale
I worked as temp in the New York, NY office and the experience was not friendly. Staff were not welcoming and are not the best at training new staff. Management are partial and did not have a desk or username/log in available to work efficiently for my first month. While management knew, I had to retrieve my own empty desk to work at along with my username and log in for the systems used/needed to assist in-coming callers. I have never worked at an organization that was so unprofessional, unorganized, and with such a low morale. This is not a friendly atmosphere that promotes team building. I would not recommend working at this location as a temp. Unless you choose to be part of the high turnover rate and be treated unequal while you witness others outside of your nationality not experience what your experiencing. Too much to inequality to endure for the rate of pay offered to a temp.
Manager Provider Services (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Great benfits
Cons: Salry
VNSNY is an excellent company to work for. They offer excellent benefits and invest a lot of resources into developing and improving their employees .
A very productive work place.
Claims Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
A very nice company with a lot of potential to grow and learn. They also have great benefits and a lot of good perks for staff and their families.
reputable place
mid level (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
Pros: decent work life
Cons: no significant salary increase
good for your resume. decent amount of time off, no major micromanagement. high overturn, especially with leadership. internet connections always slow.
Work
Claims Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 22, 2015
I process appeal all day. Management wants you to learn the most to better your self and move on. Not a place to retires. The most enjoyable part of my job is my Coworkers.
Great place to work with qualified colleagues
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 19, 2015
Productive and fun workplace which allows growth while working with colleagues as well as patients. The company offers great benefits and the hours are reasonable and flexible.
a productive place to work
CONTRACT COORDINATOR (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 16, 2015
Good place to work with supportive and motivational management to assist with growth a worker within the department. Additionally, teamwork displayed on a daily basis.
supportive managers
Care Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 27, 2015
Great place to work and grow. Managers support your goals and encourage progression within or away from company. Co-workers are dedicated to the mission of patient satisfaction.
Member Service Representative/ Trainer (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 24, 2015
Pros: Free gifts
Cons: Short lunch
Working at visiting nurse service of New York. I had learned a lot from the company. The company also gave me many great opportunities to learn about anything involve with health care.
Learned a lot on the job
Intake coordinator (Former Employee), Bronx/WestchesterJune 22, 2015
Pros: great technology, good benefits
Cons: shortage of staff
Fast paced job environment but work was fulfilling. Must be capable of multi-tasking and adapting to change. Managers were available for assistance but must be able to work independently.
My thoughts about VNS
Administrative Assistance / Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 16, 2015
Pros: Nice envirnoment
Cons: Higher Executives need people skills along with having etiquette manners
During my time at Visiting Services of New York, I was able to multitask through different assignments that were given. However I maintain my professionalism even when buttons were pushed with supervisors who had a hard day. I excel and learn more working with software and hardware equipment and a lot of procurement tracking and receiving hardware and software for employees. At times I shipped many computers and laptops to other offices. I would be the one who ordered supplies for the department and their different locations. Working for multiple people is a challenge to me and for me, where I can utilize every great detail of my working experience to a new Company.
Good training environment
SUPPLIES COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMay 22, 2015
Pros: Learning environment
Cons: short and often understaffed
This organization is undergoing a transitional period where the management is moving away from the former family environment and pressing forward towards a modern robotic environment.
Not what it use to be.
Claims Recovery (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits are still okay and so is the work/life balance
Cons: unstable, no growth.
Work/Life Balance was what I love about the job, and also the Compensation Benefit but everything change around 2 years ago. Its just not the same.
My experience with VNSNY
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 20, 2015
Pros: benefits, telework
Cons: schedules, careless and not being able to pick yout own vacation time.
My experience at the VNSNY/CCC dept. have been good, it can get really busy. At CCC/Customer care Center is a telework position which is great! I don't mind working from home, but you must be trained for a few months at our regional office in Manhattan before being sent home. Our management can be pretty tough but you just have to take the punches at times. We at VNSNY work as a team, the hardest part of being a CSR is the schedule changes every few months, and difficult callers and can be very overwhelming, and you must be flexable, we even work weekends not so great when you have kids. It will be great to be more appreciated by our management for hard work , and most of the times CSR don't get that as much as we should its almost like they don't really care about any issues in our personal lives which I do get but just some consideration would be nice.
PRODUCTIVE WORKPLACE WITH WONDERFUL EMPLOYEE CELEBRATIONS!
OFFICE/FIELD STAFF TRANSLATER (Former Employee), ASTORIA BLVD JACKSON HEIGHTS NYMay 18, 2015
REWARDING EXPERIENCE BENEFITS ADVANCEMENTS OVERALL EXCELLENT CO-WORKERS PROVIDED TEAM WORK TO GET THE JOB COMPLETED! MEETING IN HOME PATIENTS IN FIELD PRAISING VNSNY FOR GUARANTEED SERVICES PROVIDED!!!!
Great benefits
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 12, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: salart
great place to work and the benefits are awesome. Regional offices so there are different locations to work. They provide all the tools you need to be productive at your job.
Great compant to work for, Learned and taught many skills.
Associate Director of Development (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2015
This is a great community based organization. We did great work in bring the Agency into the computerized age. Great collaboration amongst all levels of staff.
Intern Experience
Social Work Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 24, 2015
As an intern, there was a lack of boundaries and respect for the student. The agency is going through restructuring and there has been a high lay off rate in the last year. The interns were pretty much taking on the workload of the social work preceptors who were already overworked.
internship
Internship (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 23, 2015
My internship was a great experience! The team from the accounting department were fantastic. I would diffidently love to work for the Visiting Nurse Service of New York in the future.
Industry