Visiting Nurse Service of New York

Visiting Nurse Service of New York Employee Reviews

Not what it use to be.
Claims Recovery (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits are still okay and so is the work/life balance
Cons: unstable, no growth.
Work/Life Balance was what I love about the job, and also the Compensation Benefit but everything change around 2 years ago. Its just not the same.
My experience with VNSNY
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 20, 2015
Pros: benefits, telework
Cons: schedules, careless and not being able to pick yout own vacation time.
My experience at the VNSNY/CCC dept. have been good, it can get really busy. At CCC/Customer care Center is a telework position which is great! I don't mind working from home, but you must be trained for a few months at our regional office in Manhattan before being sent home. Our management can be pretty tough but you just have to take the punches at times. We at VNSNY work as a team, the hardest part of being a CSR is the schedule changes every few months, and difficult callers and can be very overwhelming, and you must be flexable, we even work weekends not so great when you have kids. It will be great to be more appreciated by our management for hard work , and most of the times CSR don't get that as much as we should its almost like they don't really care about any issues in our personal lives which I do get but just some consideration would be nice.
PRODUCTIVE WORKPLACE WITH WONDERFUL EMPLOYEE CELEBRATIONS!
OFFICE/FIELD STAFF TRANSLATER (Former Employee), ASTORIA BLVD JACKSON HEIGHTS NYMay 18, 2015
REWARDING EXPERIENCE BENEFITS ADVANCEMENTS OVERALL EXCELLENT CO-WORKERS PROVIDED TEAM WORK TO GET THE JOB COMPLETED! MEETING IN HOME PATIENTS IN FIELD PRAISING VNSNY FOR GUARANTEED SERVICES PROVIDED!!!!
Great benefits
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 12, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: salart
great place to work and the benefits are awesome. Regional offices so there are different locations to work. They provide all the tools you need to be productive at your job.
Great compant to work for, Learned and taught many skills.
Associate Director of Development (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2015
This is a great community based organization. We did great work in bring the Agency into the computerized age. Great collaboration amongst all levels of staff.
Intern Experience
Social Work Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 24, 2015
As an intern, there was a lack of boundaries and respect for the student. The agency is going through restructuring and there has been a high lay off rate in the last year. The interns were pretty much taking on the workload of the social work preceptors who were already overworked.
internship
Internship (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 23, 2015
My internship was a great experience! The team from the accounting department were fantastic. I would diffidently love to work for the Visiting Nurse Service of New York in the future.
Awsome
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great work Ethics
Cons: No Cons
Great team work. It was interesting to work with a variety of diverse cultures. I enjoyed helping the clients become self sufficient and it felt great once they actually got a job and maintained it.
Good working environment but poor pay and little opportunity to grow
Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 11, 2015
If you're ok with a small position for a long period (or life) then go for it...otherwise don't expect growth or significant salary increase.
this job sucked...too much computer work.
RN (Former Employee), schenectadyFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: independence
Cons: never good enough for them
DON'T WORK HERE. SUPERVISORS ARE CRITICAL YOU CAN NEVER DO ENOUGH . THEY WILL FIRE YOU FOR SOMETHING THAT WASN'T YOUR FAULT! NO JOB SECURITY, RIPPED OUT FROM UNDER ME. TRAVELED TO HOMES IN SNOW STORMS FAR FAR AWAY, WHO KNOW IF YOUR ALRIGHT OR WE'RE EVEN MUGGED BY YOUR PATIENT..NOT SAFE.
Professional staff
Nutritionist (Former Employee), Queens/Brooklyn/Staten Is/NassauFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: compensation package
Cons: budget cuts
VNSNY was a gratifying experience and if budget deficits had not occurred I would still be working there proudly.
I always enjoyed going to work and was very proud of my functions and accomplishments.
Adjustments
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 14, 2015
I strongly feel that some management structures needs adjusting in order for this firm to run successfully. The pay is well and working from home is a plus when your not going into the office.
Great Learning environment
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great learning environment
Cons: unstable work environment in regards to layoffs
The company provided a lot of opportunities to learn about healthcare and further pursue a career in the healthcare industry.
The company also provided great benefits for its employees.
Great Company
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: able to work independently and with a team.
Cons: short staff
Working with VNSNY as a customer service representative was a great experience. Daily activities included processing referrals from medical offices, hospitals and nursing homes. Would call clients and/or client's family members regarding the best possible way to service clients with medical attention. I enjoyed working independently as well as with a team. Onsite managers provided as much help as possible in order to ensure best quality customer services for current and/or potential clients.
Extremely supportive supervion and co workers, avenues to advance
Discharge Coordinator - nursing (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 19, 2015
I worked for the Visiting Nurse Service for 25 + years as an evening nurse, then as a discharge coordinator at local hospital. The experience was a positive one, both personally and professionally. The supervisors were always supportive, helpful and understanding, always willing to discuss concerns and needs. Co workers were helpful and caring. I was honored to be part of this valuable organization for so many years and hope to rejoin them in the near future.
I give VNS 5 stars
Escort Interpreter/ Documentation Clerk (Former Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 15, 2015
I worked for VNS for 10 years, and it was the best time of my life. I learned so much with VNS, It felt like management and my co-workers were my family. The harderst part of my job was when my position no longer existed, My most enjoyable part of my joy was when I was able to help others.
Nice Place
Consultant (Contract) (Current Employee), Wilton, CTJanuary 15, 2015
Good Work Environment. I'm only a consultant so I don't work here all the time but I like it so far. The staff is nice and management seems responsive to questions or issues when presented. I would recommend this organization to someone looking for work.
HOME CARE RN
Weekend Per Diem Homcare RN (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 28, 2014
I LIKED THE WORK AS A WEEKEND PERDIEM RN IN BROOKLYN. USED MY OWN CAR TO GET TO PATIENTS. WAS SENT TO ALL PARTS OF BRROKLYN THAT I WAS UNFAMILIAR. NO ATTEMPT WAS MADE TO KEEP ME IN OR ABOUT MY OWN NEIGHBORHOOD. SOME NIGHTS DID NOT FINISH UNTIL 10:00
Rooted in history for excellent patient care!
Quality Improvement Specialist, RN (Former Employee), New YorkDecember 17, 2014
Worked with inspiring and motivated people but organization under strain responding to changing healthcare landscape.
Family
Associate Account Manager (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYNovember 24, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was having gained a work family.

1 2 3 4 5

About Visiting Nurse Service of New York

The Visiting Nurse Service of New York is the largest not-for-profit home health care agency in the United States and has been – Read more

Visiting Nurse Service of New York Salaries