Visiting Nurse Service of New York

Visiting Nurse Service of New York Employee Reviews

I would recommend anyone to apply to Visiting Nurse Service of NY
Business Service Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 24, 2014
Pros: understanding how much you contributed to a patients care
Cons: when company has job cuts
A typical day at work is setting your goals to attain doctors signatures from services renders to patients by any of the worker like nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, home health aids and social workers. Once generated documents attain signature then you update it in the computer system. You do as much as you can in a day.

I learned how much work goes into taking care of patients behind the scenes.

Management team kept us on our feet whether I liked or not. They did a decent job.

My co-workers were resourceful but sometimes a distraction.

The hardest part of the job was reaching out to different doctors offices and establishing a relationship with them because sometimes they were so unprofessional.

The most enjoyable part was attaining a signature for a high value case and communicating with patients.
Home care is not for everyone
Public Health Nurse (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 15, 2014
if you are okay with working at home and sacrificing your personal life then this is the place for you. As a COC you are never off, constant badgering via email and phone. they call you in the middle of the day although you are driving and it is illegal to talk and drive and the company does not offer headsets. they are inconsiderate on how the day is planned, they will add more visits without asking any relevant questions. the expectations are unrealistic. At the end of the day, I was not willing to sacrifice my personal time. It made me a miserable person.
Supportive and rewarding place to work
Comprehensive Care Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 7, 2014
Pros: great growth options
Cons: employee to consumer ratio
This was a wonderful place to work. It gave you a sense of accomplishment and a feeling of satisfaction knowing that you are doing a rewarding job for your consumer. The team was always supportive and management ready to assist whenever needed. It was an environment which promoted personal and professional growth for the employees as well as the consumers.
nice professional enviroment
Community Health Nurse (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 4, 2014
Pros: interaction with the patients
Cons: workload
A typical day at work consisted of coming into the office, following up on phone calls, emails, and office work before going to see patients. I learned how to multitask. The coworkers were great.The hardest part of the job was managing the office work. Interaction with the patients was the most enjoyable part of the job.
clique members needed
case manager (Former Employee), schenectadyOctober 30, 2014
Ever wonder why they are ALWAYS advertising?!? Can't keep help
Don't waste your time here..
Great Place, Great People
Hospice Volunteer (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 22, 2014
Great people who are passionate about the work they do. Very welcoming and patient.
overall i had a wonderful experince at Visiting nurse service of new york
Escort Translator (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYSeptember 25, 2014
accompanied field staff and translated between field staff and patients. I assist with clerical tasks and answered the phones on a daily basis. I learned to be a patient and conscientious about work ethics The hardest part of the job was not being able to stay with the company due to layoff because of reconstructing. The most enjoyable part of the job was a learning experience everyday.
It was rewarding helpping clients in need.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: self worth
Cons: was temp job only
Management was very ineffective. Fellow staff members were not held accountable for discretions. evaluations were judged upon group efforts.
GREAT Job. "Top Heavy"
Full Time Staff RN (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 29, 2014
Great job, great pay, great benefits. Lot's of work (but let's be honest, home care is tough). Very top heavy. Lot's of management.
Changing with the times
Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 12, 2014
Pros: benefits, peers
Cons: lack of transparency
All in all, I am happy with my experience. I have learned a great deal and met some incredible people.
Busy Office Environment
Manager of Administrative Services (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 8, 2014
Every day brings a new challenge. From space issues, dealing with employee satisfaction and needs. I interact daily with senior management, facilities, procurement and accounting. Even though my office is extremely busy, I thoroughly enjoy every component of my work.
N/A
Business Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 24, 2014
• Great management.
• Flexible when attending school.
• Workers work well with each other.
interesting
Crisis Counselor (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 18, 2014
Pros: field work
Cons: not much office space
I worked as a counselor and it was a very good experience but the program ended and I was not offered another opportunity.
Family Atmosphere
Visiting Nurse Services of New York (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 17, 2014
Pros: teleworking
5 yrs ago i started working at The Visiting Nurse Service of NY and i've had the opportunity to work with some great people. More recently we're able to work from home which is very convenient. My day normally begins by checking my email to see exactly what i'm working on for the day and also to check the coverage. The communication between management and employees is very open. I enjoy what i do especially knowing its helping others.
Physically challenging, mentally rewarding
Maternal-Child Public Health Nurse (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 12, 2014
Pros: patient diversity
Cons: physical demands
I typically see 4-7 patients a day in their homes. I carry a caseload of approximately 25-35 patients and coordinate services including nursing, rehabilitation, nutrition, and social work. I also provide clinical assessment and skilled nursing care. The hardest part of the job is the physical aspect of going house to house via public transportation with a large amount of supplies. The job, however, is very rewarding. Our patient population is medically complex and I am regularly challenged to explore alternative ways to meet their needs. I have seen vastly different living situations and family dynamics working in East Harlem. I have learned that despite these differences, we all have the same basic needs and deserve compassionate and skilled care. Although much of my day is working independently, I am connected with my manager and feel supported by my colleagues should a situation arise where I need additional input.
Intensive Case Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 9, 2014
Pros: caring supervisor and program director.
Cons: few raises in salary.
My day at work is mostly in thew field. Learned more about the mentally ill than can be found in any book. Management was friendly, they had an open door policy I could talk to my Supervisor or the Program Director at any time if they weren't busy, and speak to them later if they were busy. My co-workers were extremely helpful, such in helping me with a problem I might have, offering advice when my supervisor or other senior management were not available. Nothing was really that hard that's worth mentioning. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was working ti improving the lives of the client's I worked with.
ENJOYABLE AND COMFORTABLE ATM
SR P.T. (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 30, 2014
Pros: supportive staff, gud lenig atm
Cons: rough weather, case load
Ability to work well as part of a team
Good organizational and administrative skills
Fluency in various Indian language and Spanish and, Urdu
Fast learner, focused and excellent communication and guest relation skills; ability to work efficiently under pressure.
Ability to multi-task effectively with excellent attention to detail
Knowledge about computers software & programming events
Statistical Analysis Software: SPSS, SigmaPlot
Software Packages: Spike, Matlab, Microsoft Office Suite
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, XP, Mac
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, graphics
My first professional work experience
Accounting Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 29, 2014
I would commute every day in from New Jersey to Penn Station where I worked in midtown Manhattan. I was working in the financial department of the Visiting Nurse Services of New York. My main task was to reconcile two differing receivable accounts with a difference of over $500,000. I conducted a thorough one by one analysis of each transaction in order to reconcile the two accounts. I also performed an audit of the organization's billing process. I provided management with suggestion's that could streamline their billing process.
Excellent place to work
Nursing Team Manager (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMay 27, 2014
Pros: full tuition payment
Cons: no as secure at this time.
One of the best places to work in NYS. The culture of can do pervades the company. All staff are most willing to share information and resources.
great place to work and always learning something new
Administrative Assistant/Grievance & Appeal (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 8, 2014
very busy and always learning new things.
I am learning a lot about healthcare process including medicaid and medicare.

About Visiting Nurse Service of New York

The Visiting Nurse Service of New York is the largest not-for-profit home health care agency in the United States and has been – Read more

Visiting Nurse Service of New York Salaries