Visiting Nurse Service of New York

Visiting Nurse Service of New York Employer Reviews

I had a flexible schedule which worked well with my kids at the time because of there ages.
Registered Nurse/Case Manager (Former Employee), Webster, NYMarch 25, 2014
Pros: m-f schedule 8-5, no weekends
Cons: becoming lax in skills that you would use in a hospital setting that are not required in home care
I worked mainly with the Long term care program, managing 40 patient's care in a home setting. In the past year with changes in insurances, typically medicaid, Long term care is being phased out because of the Medicaid's changed to Manged Long Term Care in Home health. During my 4 years I also provided Medication and diabetic management with patient's. – more... Various types of wound care. Assisted with the Cardiac teams patient's load as well the CHAA division of the agency. I provided assessment/ Recertification of patient's. I provided Start of Care visits as well as Resumption of Care visits.
I was let go from VNS on 3/17, as I stated earlier my Team is being phased out. I feel because of my experience is primarily in home care, I feel it is best for me to obtain a med surgical entry level RN position to begin to broaden my experience as a RN – less
Work life balance
Public Health Nurse (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 23, 2014
Pros: teleworking, field work, good salary/benefits
Cons: conditions of some patients homes, lack of support
Enjoyed most of my patients and their families and there are a variety of them
Was able to be out of the office each day
Enrollment Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 4, 2014
Pros: managed your own hours
Cons: visited with people at their homes which were not always clean
Was able to be out of the office each day, which was great in the spring and summer months.
Pretty good company to work for
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Queens, NYFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: provides ample growth possibilities
Cons: spend alot personal time completing documentation
Pretty good company to work for if your looking for long term relationship that doesn't have a high turnover of employees. Provides ample growth possibilities in the form of internal development and higher education development.
Productive and fun place to work
Business Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 12, 2014
Management, Co-workers have an excellent relationship. I enjoyed working there.
It is a good place to work. it provided me a work experience with manage long tern care.
Visiting Nurse Service of New York (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 30, 2014
A typical day at work consist of continuous assessment of all my case load/ patient coordinating their needs in the community as well as their health needs. Either on a field visit or in the office. Coordination with all the disciplines (MD, PT, SW) involve in the health care of my members. There is a good rapport with management and co-employees. The – more... hardest part is there is too much case load per individual, some duplication in the encoding of same data in another form, covering for a nurse who is sick / on vacation ,coordinating with the other programs within VNSNY.
The most enjoyable part are my co employees are very helpful, supportive and caring, we get along well. – less
unrealistic expectations!!!
Comprehensive Care Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursement
no lunch breaks. high turn over. lack of leadership. no or little potential for advancement. you have to be at 5 places @ once. your day is spent chasing behind clients who does not want to be found. then you get penalized for not finding the clients. your case load is from 25-32. then you get a case every other day. you have to share a work station; – more... even though you have endless paperwork to do. that means if the person you share your computer with is in the office, you either wait until that person is done or ask someone to use their computer. filthy work space.

co-workers are nice and professional. – less
fun and socialable people and a great team
Aids Program Assistant (Former Employee), NYJanuary 25, 2014
I enjoyed working for VNS, everyone is kind and is also a learning experience for me.
Productive workplace
Comprehensive Care Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long work days
Productive workplace with good coworkers. Only issue working ere is long work hours.
Good place to work with great opportunites
Supply Coordinator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2014
Great learning environment, friendly and helpful. Great company to form professional relationships and also other opportunities are there to advance as well.
Productive and self satisfiying.
Professional Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: strong in providing nurses with educational and maintaining nursing skills.
Cons: job work/life inbalance
A typical day at VNSNY consist of prioritizing cases, constant communication via phone with office staff,physicians families and patients.My co-workers and I work closely together and provide a helping hand when one nurse has a heavy case load.The hardest part of my job would be dealing with the loss of patients,once they have expired. An the most enjoyable – more... part of my job is obtaining positive outcomes and seeing patients reach their goals. – less
wish i could go back
Receptionist / Scanner (temporary position) (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 7, 2014
Great place to work loved the staff and the pay and benefits we amazing.
Self satisfaction & the best co workers.
Visiting Nurse (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: flexable time.
Cons: long distances between patients
Working at VNSNY was one of my most enjoyable nursing jobs because of the impact of my nurse -patient relationship.
I learned to be much more patient, not only as a nurse but in my personal life.This is because of being able to take time to listen and truly communicate with patients, peers & management.
The hardest part of the job for me was bad weather.
The – more... most enjoyable part of the job, without a doubt was to see clear improvement in a patient's condition & mind set. – less
great co-workers but not enough office space for all the workers my dept.
Comprehensive Care Case Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 30, 2013
Pros: job is available
Cons: the is little support to carried out the job duties and work station is limited.
Visiting Nurse services of New York is a great company to work for interm of benefits and compensation but there is little job advancement within the the company. the leadership at the top does little to address workers complaint against supervisors.
I was furtunate to work with good co-workers and that makes a big different in working relationship – more... and carring out the daily job duties. – less
No ping pong table
Visiting Nurse Services of New York, Clerical (Former Employee), Bronx, NYDecember 17, 2013
Great Work environment
Good management
Good pay
Work wasn't to demanding with very flexible hours
Highly organized rewarding environment
HR Analyst - Employee Relations (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 3, 2013
VNSNY is one of New York's true hidden gems. Dating back to the turn of the 20th century, this organization has been providing superior healthcare services for thousands of New York residents.
A great place to work
Public Health Nurse, Coordinator of Care (Current Employee), Bronx, NYNovember 27, 2013
A typical day at work includes seeing 6 - 8 patients, assessing their needs, and rendering. Co-workers and management are good people. The most enjoyable part of the job is fulfilling mutual goals for the patients and nurses.
Productive place to learn and advance one's career.
Registered Professional Nurse (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 24, 2013
Pros: good work environment
Cons: hectic schedule
Overall a good company to work for. Schedule an be hectic at times.
Fun people to work with
Quality Management Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 19, 2013
I learned more about the healthcare world and field. I have been exposed to new experiences such as working with policies and procedures and HEDIS/QARR
Great company to work for
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Northport, NYNovember 13, 2013
Pros: great supervisors
I received daily assignments in various settings such a private home, adult home and assisted living, administered medications, performed wound care, and diabetic management. Provided patient teaching about their medications. Management has great attitude and positive feedback. Best part of the jobs was making the patients feel better.

About Visiting Nurse Service of New York

When you're laid up in bed, Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) can give you something besides your afternoon soap operas – Read more