Visiting Nurse Service of New York

Visiting Nurse Service of New York Employer Reviews

Self satisfaction & the best co workers.
Visiting Nurse (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: flexable time.
Cons: long distances between patients
Working at VNSNY was one of my most enjoyable nursing jobs because of the impact of my nurse -patient relationship.
I learned to be much more patient, not only as a nurse but in my personal life.This is because of being able to take time to listen and truly communicate with patients, peers & management.
The hardest part of the job for me was bad weather.
The – more... most enjoyable part of the job, without a doubt was to see clear improvement in a patient's condition & mind set. – less
great co-workers but not enough office space for all the workers my dept.
Comprehensive Care Case Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 30, 2013
Pros: job is available
Cons: the is little support to carried out the job duties and work station is limited.
Visiting Nurse services of New York is a great company to work for interm of benefits and compensation but there is little job advancement within the the company. the leadership at the top does little to address workers complaint against supervisors.
I was furtunate to work with good co-workers and that makes a big different in working relationship – more... and carring out the daily job duties. – less
No ping pong table
Visiting Nurse Services of New York, Clerical (Former Employee), Bronx, NYDecember 17, 2013
Great Work environment
Good management
Good pay
Work wasn't to demanding with very flexible hours
Highly organized rewarding environment
HR Analyst - Employee Relations (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 3, 2013
VNSNY is one of New York's true hidden gems. Dating back to the turn of the 20th century, this organization has been providing superior healthcare services for thousands of New York residents.
A great place to work
Public Health Nurse, Coordinator of Care (Current Employee), Bronx, NYNovember 27, 2013
A typical day at work includes seeing 6 - 8 patients, assessing their needs, and rendering. Co-workers and management are good people. The most enjoyable part of the job is fulfilling mutual goals for the patients and nurses.
Productive place to learn and advance one's career.
Registered Professional Nurse (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 24, 2013
Pros: good work environment
Cons: hectic schedule
Overall a good company to work for. Schedule an be hectic at times.
Fun people to work with
Quality Management Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 19, 2013
I learned more about the healthcare world and field. I have been exposed to new experiences such as working with policies and procedures and HEDIS/QARR
Great company to work for
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Northport, NYNovember 13, 2013
Pros: great supervisors
I received daily assignments in various settings such a private home, adult home and assisted living, administered medications, performed wound care, and diabetic management. Provided patient teaching about their medications. Management has great attitude and positive feedback. Best part of the jobs was making the patients feel better.
Work Environment
Care Manager/Nurse Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 7, 2013
Pros: ability to work from home
Cons: job security and not being able to participate in up mobility within the company.
Typical day at work include multiple phone calls to members, doctors and members of the interdisciplinary team. At times, I made visits to members home and at times, I worked from the office. I definitely learned how to prioritize tasks and how to stay organized. My coworkers often called me to inquire about how to navigate the computer or general information – more... related in Medicaid and Medicare guidelines because of my past experiences in dealing with them. The hardest part of my job is the frequent company changes and meetings that prohibit myself from managing cases. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction you receive from patient and doctors letting you know how much their lives have change because of hardwork. – less
Enrollment Unit Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 6, 2013
Very productive fast-paced environment,
highly professional staff and management;
great benefits; good compensation.
VNSNY is one of the best place to work
Nurse Consultant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 3, 2013
Pros: each team has monthly meetings where problems and ways to resolve them are discussed
Cons: monthly general meetings, monthly team meetings, assorted foods from diverse culture.
Visiting Nurse Services of New York is one of the best places to work. The people are friendly, a place where team work is the order of the day to day activity; regardless of whatever team you are assigned, you can call on anybody from any team at any time for assistance and you will be assisted.
a good place to work
Crisis Counselor (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 26, 2013
this is a large company that really cares about the employees.
A very structured professional environment, with good working relations with management.
Certified Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Morristown, NJOctober 21, 2013
Excellent training for working with residents in their home and good support from the nursing staff.
Overall Good company to work for
Enrollment Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 4, 2013
A typical day depends on the department you work for.
you will value the people you meet here forever and you will enjoy working as long as you are here to WORK.
Nursing care at patient's home
Public Health Nurse (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 27, 2013
This job consist of a lot of traveling and going to patient's home not knowing what to expect and working independently.
Chasing down people that don't want to be found. Very little assistance or feedback from supervisors.
Comprehensive Care Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: monthly metrocard, flexible schedule
Cons: lack of lunch breaks, high turnover, shared desk space, no room for advancement, lack of supervision, tedious paperwork.
I worked here for about 4 months at the East 23rd St location. The concept of the position is simple enough. Encouraging clients to become self sufficient and ultimately off of welfare. Average case load 25-30, New clients have to be seen face to face on a weekly basis. Which when you are starting out with the organization, all of your clients are new. – more... You do alot of traveling with this organization, meeting the clients at their drug treatment programs or at their residence.
The job gets chaotic when you have more than one client to meet with at "mandatory" appointments (hra appointments) at different locations, at the same time. It's obvious to the average person, that you can not be at 2 places at once. My supervisor couldn't seem to comprehend that. My supervisor's only suggestion was to seek out help from my peers. None of whom answered their phones or were ever available to assist me. Please note that in the 4 months that I was working there my team including myself was a total of 8 case managers. When I left the organization, there was a total of 4 case managers left. Theres a reason why probation is 6 months long. The turnover rate is that high.
I cannot speak for the other departments of VNS, just for the comprehensive care management portion. And that area is truly a mess from my experience. – less
INTENSIVE CASE MANAGER (Former Employee), Bronx, NYSeptember 19, 2013
VNS is a very popular and well known agency.However room for advancement is somewhat limited.
productive work place for someone with no children.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: there were none
Cons: odd hours
Taking care of patients personal need, at home. The hardest part was
sometimes they would have family members that stayed with them, that wanted you to take care of there need too.
Enjoy giving back
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Hamden, CTAugust 15, 2013
Pros: alot of overtime available
Cons: always open
It was rewarding working with the elderly. I worked in this field for over 14 years.
Everyday is a new experience
Spanish Translator (Current Employee), Queens, NYJuly 30, 2013
Pros: great health benefits
Cons: meeting staff in field in extreme weather can be tedious
Typical day at work is meeting up with a nurse, social worker, or a physical therapist at the patient's home translating word for word what the medical personnel needs to tell the patient. I enjoy working there everyday is different. I've learned a lot of medical terms and understanding more of the medical field.

About Visiting Nurse Service of New York

When you're laid up in bed, Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) can give you something besides your afternoon soap operas – Read more