Visiting Nurse Service of New York

Visiting Nurse Service of New York Employee Reviews in United States

A wonderful place to work
Supervisor of Business Operations (Current Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYSeptember 30, 2015
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York is overall a great place to work; offering a stable, respectful and fun work environment where individuals are guaranteed to meet diverse groups of people in all fields, learn new things and therefore grow professionally.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Commute
Great company to work for if you are highly organized and type-A personality
Public Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 29, 2015
VNSNY can be what you want it to be. It can very challenging environment to work if you have a lot of family or other obligations. However, if you enjoy a fast-paced work environment VNSNY is for you.
Benefits
Interesting place to work
Acute Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 29, 2015
Overall Visiting Nurse Service use to be an excellent place to work. The company have experience a lot of changes over the pass year.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
No family life balance
Fast Paced Job
Medical Management Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2015
I've work with VNSNY for the past year's and I have grown in many professional aspects.

Is good company to work for, but I will also like to expand my professional knowledge in other areas of Health Care
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2015
Very informative and a place where you learn. While I was working at Visiting nurse services of NY it was a great experience, while learning how different insurances work also learning more medical terminology,
Pros
Local Aera
Cons
Working on weekends
productive place to work
Medical Administrative Support Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2015
Working with potential patients for cancer outreach. How it is important to keep records of patients that came through the outreach program. I was responsible on keeping records of how the program helped the uninsured patients. My ex-co-workers was great to work with, and great team players. Having patients keeping their appointments. Seeing patients get the medical they need to stay healthy.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Not the best job culture or team building atmosphere to work in
Temporary Member Service Rep (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2015
I worked as temp in the New York, NY office and the experience was not friendly. Staff were not welcoming and are not the best at training new staff. Management are partial and did not have a desk or username/log in available to work efficiently for my first month. While management knew, I had to retrieve my own empty desk to work at along with my username and log in for the systems used/needed to assist in-coming callers. I have never worked at an organization that was so unprofessional, unorganized, and with such a low morale. This is not a friendly atmosphere that promotes team building. I would not recommend working at this location as a temp. Unless you choose to be part of the high turnover rate and be treated unequal while you witness others outside of your nationality not experience what your experiencing. Too much to inequality to endure for the rate of pay offered to a temp.
Pros
Learned what it takes to retrieve my username & passwords for systems used
Cons
Low team morale
Manager Provider Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2015
VNSNY is an excellent company to work for. They offer excellent benefits and invest a lot of resources into developing and improving their employees .
Pros
Great benfits
Cons
Salry
A very productive work place.
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
A very nice company with a lot of potential to grow and learn. They also have great benefits and a lot of good perks for staff and their families.
reputable place
mid level (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
good for your resume. decent amount of time off, no major micromanagement. high overturn, especially with leadership. internet connections always slow.
Pros
decent work life
Cons
no significant salary increase
Work
Claims Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2015
I process appeal all day. Management wants you to learn the most to better your self and move on. Not a place to retires. The most enjoyable part of my job is my Coworkers.
Great place to work with qualified colleagues
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2015
Productive and fun workplace which allows growth while working with colleagues as well as patients. The company offers great benefits and the hours are reasonable and flexible.
a productive place to work
CONTRACT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2015
Good place to work with supportive and motivational management to assist with growth a worker within the department. Additionally, teamwork displayed on a daily basis.
supportive managers
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2015
Great place to work and grow. Managers support your goals and encourage progression within or away from company. Co-workers are dedicated to the mission of patient satisfaction.
Member Service Representative/ Trainer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2015
Working at visiting nurse service of New York. I had learned a lot from the company. The company also gave me many great opportunities to learn about anything involve with health care.
Pros
Free gifts
Cons
Short lunch
Learned a lot on the job
Intake coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bronx/WestchesterJune 22, 2015
Fast paced job environment but work was fulfilling. Must be capable of multi-tasking and adapting to change. Managers were available for assistance but must be able to work independently.
Pros
great technology, good benefits
Cons
shortage of staff
My thoughts about VNS
Administrative Assistance / Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2015
During my time at Visiting Services of New York, I was able to multitask through different assignments that were given. However I maintain my professionalism even when buttons were pushed with supervisors who had a hard day. I excel and learn more working with software and hardware equipment and a lot of procurement tracking and receiving hardware and software for employees. At times I shipped many computers and laptops to other offices. I would be the one who ordered supplies for the department and their different locations. Working for multiple people is a challenge to me and for me, where I can utilize every great detail of my working experience to a new Company.
Pros
Nice envirnoment
Cons
Higher Executives need people skills along with having etiquette manners
Good training environment
SUPPLIES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 22, 2015
This organization is undergoing a transitional period where the management is moving away from the former family environment and pressing forward towards a modern robotic environment.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
short and often understaffed
Not what it use to be.
Claims Recovery (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2015
Work/Life Balance was what I love about the job, and also the Compensation Benefit but everything change around 2 years ago. Its just not the same.
Pros
Benefits are still okay and so is the work/life balance
Cons
unstable, no growth.
My experience with VNSNY
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2015
My experience at the VNSNY/CCC dept. have been good, it can get really busy. At CCC/Customer care Center is a telework position which is great! I don't mind working from home, but you must be trained for a few months at our regional office in Manhattan before being sent home. Our management can be pretty tough but you just have to take the punches at times. We at VNSNY work as a team, the hardest part of being a CSR is the schedule changes every few months, and difficult callers and can be very overwhelming, and you must be flexable, we even work weekends not so great when you have kids. It will be great to be more appreciated by our management for hard work , and most of the times CSR don't get that as much as we should its almost like they don't really care about any issues in our personal lives which I do get but just some consideration would be nice.
Pros
benefits, telework
Cons
schedules, careless and not being able to pick yout own vacation time.