Visiting Nurse Service of New York Employee Reviews in United States

One of best places to work
Staff Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2015
Working with older population is such a different experience, encouraging them everyday to perform exercises, being safe from fall and improving their quality of life.
Pros
Less traveling
Cons
Traffic and tolls
productive work environment
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 11, 2015
Answer calls from Lifeline and visit families in crisis, I learned that that a worker needs to have love and compassion for there line of work and clients. Management team needs to improve in there communication with staff and work ethics. There was no team work with the staff. The hardest part is to try to work in an environment with no team work and unity.I love to help families reach their goals.
Pros
late hours of work
Cons
little time of luch
Productive and fun to work.
Record Control Processor (Legal Department) (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 6, 2015
Enjoyed working there for eleven years --- would have liked to retire from there, but things happen (changes downing sizing). The people I worked with were great both internal and external - Law Firms, Patients, etc. -- loved the challenges.
Good Salary, Terrible Environment
Lead Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2015
Staff is micro-managed. Inconsistent scheduling.
Pay is great and so are the benefits.
Management is inexperienced on call handing. Offered little to no assistance.
Used to be a great place to work
Care Management Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 2, 2015
Since 2013 we have been experiencing lay-off. Most nurses treat the office staff like they are below them. This used to be a great place to work. Departments that are supposed to work interdependently do not communicate. Workflows are jacked up. Its a mess. How do you centralize a dept in a not so central location, SHEEPSHEAD BAY, Brooklyn really????? Why not find cheap rent in a different Manhattan location.
A wonderful place to work
Supervisor of Business Operations (Current Employee) –  Rye Brook, NYSeptember 30, 2015
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York is overall a great place to work; offering a stable, respectful and fun work environment where individuals are guaranteed to meet diverse groups of people in all fields, learn new things and therefore grow professionally.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Commute
Great company to work for if you are highly organized and type-A personality
Public Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 29, 2015
VNSNY can be what you want it to be. It can very challenging environment to work if you have a lot of family or other obligations. However, if you enjoy a fast-paced work environment VNSNY is for you.
Benefits
Interesting place to work
Acute Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 29, 2015
Overall Visiting Nurse Service use to be an excellent place to work. The company have experience a lot of changes over the pass year.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
No family life balance
Fast Paced Job
Medical Management Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2015
I've work with VNSNY for the past year's and I have grown in many professional aspects.

Is good company to work for, but I will also like to expand my professional knowledge in other areas of Health Care
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2015
Very informative and a place where you learn. While I was working at Visiting nurse services of NY it was a great experience, while learning how different insurances work also learning more medical terminology,
Pros
Local Aera
Cons
Working on weekends
productive place to work
Medical Administrative Support Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2015
Working with potential patients for cancer outreach. How it is important to keep records of patients that came through the outreach program. I was responsible on keeping records of how the program helped the uninsured patients. My ex-co-workers was great to work with, and great team players. Having patients keeping their appointments. Seeing patients get the medical they need to stay healthy.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Not the best job culture or team building atmosphere to work in
Temporary Member Service Rep (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2015
I worked as temp in the New York, NY office and the experience was not friendly. Staff were not welcoming and are not the best at training new staff. Management are partial and did not have a desk or username/log in available to work efficiently for my first month. While management knew, I had to retrieve my own empty desk to work at along with my username and log in for the systems used/needed to assist in-coming callers. I have never worked at an organization that was so unprofessional, unorganized, and with such a low morale. This is not a friendly atmosphere that promotes team building. I would not recommend working at this location as a temp. Unless you choose to be part of the high turnover rate and be treated unequal while you witness others outside of your nationality not experience what your experiencing. Too much to inequality to endure for the rate of pay offered to a temp.
Pros
Learned what it takes to retrieve my username & passwords for systems used
Cons
Low team morale
Manager Provider Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2015
VNSNY is an excellent company to work for. They offer excellent benefits and invest a lot of resources into developing and improving their employees .
Pros
Great benfits
Cons
Salry
A very productive work place.
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
A very nice company with a lot of potential to grow and learn. They also have great benefits and a lot of good perks for staff and their families.
reputable place
mid level (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
good for your resume. decent amount of time off, no major micromanagement. high overturn, especially with leadership. internet connections always slow.
Pros
decent work life
Cons
no significant salary increase
Work
Claims Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2015
I process appeal all day. Management wants you to learn the most to better your self and move on. Not a place to retires. The most enjoyable part of my job is my Coworkers.
Great place to work with qualified colleagues
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 19, 2015
Productive and fun workplace which allows growth while working with colleagues as well as patients. The company offers great benefits and the hours are reasonable and flexible.
a productive place to work
CONTRACT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2015
Good place to work with supportive and motivational management to assist with growth a worker within the department. Additionally, teamwork displayed on a daily basis.
supportive managers
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2015
Great place to work and grow. Managers support your goals and encourage progression within or away from company. Co-workers are dedicated to the mission of patient satisfaction.
Member Service Representative/ Trainer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2015
Working at visiting nurse service of New York. I had learned a lot from the company. The company also gave me many great opportunities to learn about anything involve with health care.
Pros
Free gifts
Cons
Short lunch

Visiting Nurse Service of New York Reviews by Location