Visiting Nurse Service of New York

Visiting Nurse Service of New York Employer Reviews

Intensive Case Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 9, 2014
Pros: caring supervisor and program director.
Cons: few raises in salary.
My day at work is mostly in thew field. Learned more about the mentally ill than can be found in any book. Management was friendly, they had an open door policy I could talk to my Supervisor or the Program Director at any time if they weren't busy, and speak to them later if they were busy. My co-workers were extremely helpful, such in helping me with a problem I might have, offering advice when my supervisor or other senior management were not available. Nothing was really that hard that's worth mentioning. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was working ti improving the lives of the client's I worked with.
ENJOYABLE AND COMFORTABLE ATM
SR P.T. (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 30, 2014
Pros: supportive staff, gud lenig atm
Cons: rough weather, case load
Ability to work well as part of a team
Good organizational and administrative skills
Fluency in various Indian language and Spanish and, Urdu
Fast learner, focused and excellent communication and guest relation skills; ability to work efficiently under pressure.
Ability to multi-task effectively with excellent attention to detail
Knowledge about computers software & programming events
Statistical Analysis Software: SPSS, SigmaPlot
Software Packages: Spike, Matlab, Microsoft Office Suite
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, XP, Mac
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, graphics
My first professional work experience
Accounting Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 29, 2014
I would commute every day in from New Jersey to Penn Station where I worked in midtown Manhattan. I was working in the financial department of the Visiting Nurse Services of New York. My main task was to reconcile two differing receivable accounts with a difference of over $500,000. I conducted a thorough one by one analysis of each transaction in order to reconcile the two accounts. I also performed an audit of the organization's billing process. I provided management with suggestion's that could streamline their billing process.
Excellent place to work
Nursing Team Manager (Current Employee), Bronx, NYMay 27, 2014
Pros: full tuition payment
Cons: no as secure at this time.
One of the best places to work in NYS. The culture of can do pervades the company. All staff are most willing to share information and resources.
great place to work and always learning something new
Administrative Assistant/Grievance & Appeal (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 8, 2014
very busy and always learning new things.
I am learning a lot about healthcare process including medicaid and medicare.
Mission driven organization
Senior Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 3, 2014
Overall, VNSNY was a great company to work for. Unfortunately, the organization lost money over the past year and had several rounds of reductions in staff. They continue their mission to provide quality healthcare to the surrounding communities. Hopefully, the financial situation will turn around in the next year and no additional staff reductions will be required.
Productive place to work
Public Health Nurse (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 2, 2014
Working as per diem staff, Benefits were optional. The Compensation was good and it depends on your work performance and ability. The staff members were very supportive. Job security as a per diem staff was always shaky, but the organization made room for us until they made organizational changes and was global. In this job I met a lot of people, it was really cultural diversity and I liked it.
Great Entry level job for college grads,
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 1, 2014
Pros: finally raised the pay scale. healthcare and benefits, flexible hrs
Cons: lot of paper work
Escorting Clients to appointments, and lots of paperwork and field work.
Great Team and Studenst
Training Specialist (Systems Trainer) (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 17, 2014
Pros: great team, love the work i do
Cons: lack of communication, no work life balance, no job security
Your work day is completely impacted by the individuals you work with. I work with a great team and I love teaching.
Challeging however productive place to work
Utilization Review Manager (RN) (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 10, 2014
Pros: great benefit package
My job involves utilization reviews for hospital, SNF, and acute care rehab as well as DMEs and procedures. My job also consists of care coordination (case management)of our members in our insurance plan. I have learned a lot from this position, such as being able to better communicate with other diciplines on our team. Most enjoyable part of my job is getting the work done and giving our members the care that they need.
Rated #1 place to work for several years now
Department Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 10, 2014
Great company. Great people. Coworkers are the best. Its like family here. A home away from home.
Place for work out. Pilates class.
Case Manager (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYApril 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch during meetings.
Cons: mandatory weekend work.
Work time has the flexibility. We are obliges to report to office at least 4 hours in a week. The rest of the work can be done at home or in field. I learned Medicare and Medicaid benefits. The middle managers are approachable and I can talk my problems be it personal or work. Co-workers support each other. Problems in the job are solve as a team.
Once had High standards and great with employee satisfaction but no more
Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 8, 2014
Pros: was great with benifits and home life balance
Cons: no longer showcommittment to patiens and employees
Apparently there were some bad guidance within the company for the company to lose millions of dollars and because of that they are no longer dedicated to their patients and their employees . massive lay off over and over and also now when patients call its like calling AT&T or Verizon or Apple no more personalize interaction with patients where the person use to know the patients calling and attend to their needs. I am so scared for us as employees I know many of us are now job hunting before we also get that pink slip. I see many great and committed works got lay off in October and again this week. I am not sure in what directing Visiting Nurse Service of New York is going but a lot of us no longer want to be on this sinking ship
N/A
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 3, 2014
I would rather give information about the company based upon the direct answers asked by the hiring companies HR representative.
Great place to work with lots of opportunity for advancement.
Business Services Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 31, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: workload
My job is constantly fast paced where I have been able to hone my multitasking skills, while providing excellent service to both external and internal clients. I am learning to accept and make the best of my job in a profession that is constantly changing and growing. The management team as well as my co workers are hard working professionals whose main goal is to provide the best service to our clients. The hardest part of the job is the constantly increasing workload while the most enjoyable part is positive feedback from satisfied clients.
Poor
Rehabilitation Clical manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 28, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: poor job security
Poor job security, major operational and staff changes that sacrificed support for field staff.
VNSNY
(Visting Nurse Service of New York), New York (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch and lots of smart people
Cons: they need new seats lol
Working here was very good but the management in my department was awful. They wanted to keep changing things in order to provide get service and all they did was make things worse.
I had a flexible schedule which worked well with my kids at the time because of there ages.
Registered Nurse/Case Manager (Former Employee), Webster, NYMarch 25, 2014
Pros: m-f schedule 8-5, no weekends
Cons: becoming lax in skills that you would use in a hospital setting that are not required in home care
I worked mainly with the Long term care program, managing 40 patient's care in a home setting. In the past year with changes in insurances, typically medicaid, Long term care is being phased out because of the Medicaid's changed to Manged Long Term Care in Home health. During my 4 years I also provided Medication and diabetic management with patient's. Various types of wound care. Assisted with the Cardiac teams patient's load as well the CHAA division of the agency. I provided assessment/ Recertification of patient's. I provided Start of Care visits as well as Resumption of Care visits.
I was let go from VNS on 3/17, as I stated earlier my Team is being phased out. I feel because of my experience is primarily in home care, I feel it is best for me to obtain a med surgical entry level RN position to begin to broaden my experience as a RN
Work life balance
Public Health Nurse (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 23, 2014
Pros: teleworking, field work, good salary/benefits
Cons: conditions of some patients homes, lack of support
Enjoyed most of my patients and their families and there are a variety of them
Was able to be out of the office each day
Enrollment Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 4, 2014
Pros: managed your own hours
Cons: visited with people at their homes which were not always clean
Was able to be out of the office each day, which was great in the spring and summer months.

About Visiting Nurse Service of New York

When you're laid up in bed, Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) can give you something besides your afternoon soap operas – Read more