VISITING NURSES HOME CARE Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Professional and enjoyable workplace. Great leadership and team initiative.
Personal Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, NYAugust 31, 2016
I have been blessed to work for such a great supervisor and team combined. There is a general feel of comfort due to the good natured and family oriented people I work with.
was exhausting
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Menands, NYNovember 2, 2015
went to work at 7 am and drove to the clients house to help them with every day living

showers, errands, dressing, cooking
Pros
time to yourself while driving to and from clients
Cons
pay was terrible
It was a nice place to work and I learned different computer programs
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Menands, NYSeptember 14, 2014
I was always on the go. I would open the mail, distribute it to appropriate parties. On Monday, input payroll for over 600 people from time slips into Access Program, followed up on Tuesday.
I learned about different computer programs, Microsoft Office, Lotus 123, Quick books. The management was new to the company only about 2 years after a change over. My co workers also worked very hard. We tried at all times to work as a team. The hardest part of the job was trying to fit all the work into 40 hours. And that didn't work out so well. I enjoyed learning how to get the payroll done which was the main emphasis of the Accounting Department.
Pros
Got a paycheck
Cons
Didn't get overtime
Home Health Service
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYSeptember 3, 2014
I enjoyed the freedom to choose my assignments and the ability to supervise my own actions without supervision. I was able to obtain assignments that did not require extensive travel and work them around my personal schedule
Pros
Unsupervied employment, local travel
Cons
variable and part-time hours
Productive and a very serious job
Certified Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Albany,NYAugust 31, 2014
The day was driving to homes and taking care of people who needed personal help and light home cleaning. Seeing the smiles on there faces after getting them my help.
Rewarding position
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, NYMay 15, 2014
A typical day at work is arriving to a client's home and assessing the patient care plan and working accordingly. I have learned that some patient's are lonely and just want some companionship. Management is through, In this line of work we do not see our co workers unless we are doing an in service. The hardest part of my job is seeing someone suffer in pain and losing their life. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have given some time to my patient's in the way of companionship and being able to do their errands and some light house keeping for them. The appreciation from the patient's is what makes my job worth it.
excellent staffing
HHA (Former Employee) –  Catskill, NYNovember 9, 2012
Great staffing and cients,learned alot working and delegating with nurses. enjoyed the clients but did not enjoy when they were released
Pros
own hours
Cons
pay scale is low end
Traveling Home Health Aide
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Menands, NYAugust 29, 2012
A typical day at work would be making visits to people that had illnesses or long term disabilites. The hardest part of the job was when a patient passed away. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing you are helping someone to get better so they can become more independant.
Pros
knowing you are helping someone become more independant, always busy and putting smiles on peoples faces.
Cons
patients passing away and a lot of driving.