Visiting Physicians Association Employee Reviews

A burgeoning approach in helath care delivery
Geriatric Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 9, 2016
A typical day included a brief office visit to receive our daily schedule and discuss any concerns. The driving distance had been increasing large geographic area in the same day.
I learned that visiting patients in their home was very telling of what they rally needed, thus, I feel it was improved chronic care management.
Management style was long distance, supportive with medical record use, teaching through webinar in-service
Co-workers were team oriented and skilled for the job
Hardest part of the job was finding resources for patients, ex., pain management, addiction rehab
Most enjoyable part of the job was going into the home and experiencing the patients real life. I always consider that a privilege
Pros
Automony
Cons
Automony
Horrible clique office with very high turnover
Ma (Former Employee) –  West AllisAugust 15, 2016
Very high turnover!!
Management is inept- especially new manager of this clinic
Very disorganized
Company pretends they care about patients and employees but all they care about is $
This place is a joke
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHAugust 10, 2016
Everyone is childish, management picks favorites, this place is a joke. The pay is nowhere worth what you have to deal with or do. You go into some very nasty disgusting houses.
If you enjoy being lied to, this place is for you!
Clinical Educator (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, OHJuly 20, 2016
Even if your told certain people aren't your boss and they don't supervise you, you still need to report to them. Uniontown hospice staff is lazy and they expect the clinical educators to do their jobs for them. Office staff talks poorly about clients and their families. Patient Care Coordinators will yell at clients on the phone and degrade them. You will be told to keep your mouth shut if a regional director comes to talk to you.
great job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 22, 2016
I am a current VPA employee and I love it. Yes it does have its up's and down's as does any company, but you always get to experience something new. My co-workers are awesome, my boss is amazing, you wont find another manager as flexible with your personal life . The company is family oriented and you form relationships with patients and caregivers that you would normally not form at another job. The hardest part though is those relationships formed. You see these families on a regular basis and get to know them on a more personal level than that of an actual doctors office, so when they become sick and pass you hurt for the families. I would highly recommend this job to anyone, but I would mention that it is not a job that everyone can do. It takes a very special person to see the patients we have at VPA and the job is not meant for everyone.
medical assistant Grand Rapids, MI
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 15, 2016
I have only been here for a few months and the bosses will do anything to look good. They choose one person to pick on and that is their entertainment. They have you work too many hours and the doctors come and go fast. They promise them a great work environment, then when they go out to work reality sets in. This is the WORST place ever to work in the medical field. I still work there and I am thinking of taking a job at McDonalds, before staying here.
MISERABLE IN GRAND RAPIDS!
Pros
NOT A SINGLE ONE
Cons
BAD Pay, Suprised they stay open, Evidence of Medicare FRAUD!!!!! AVOID!
Nice service for the homebound
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHMay 20, 2016
I love doing the hands-on with people and making a difference in their lives it's a good service for the elderly who can't get out of the home. But then may be partnered with the Medicare Medicaid people and too many people who need to be workingand getting out of the house were using the service. Being with a doctor or nurse practitioner all day sometimes driving out of town in the situations that were put in is not worth the pay period.
Pros
helping and elderly person, and making a difference.
Cons
Bad neighborhoods, no lunch breaks, long hours, dirty smelly houses
Made me grateful
Certified Medical Assistant/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIApril 15, 2016
Going into some of the houses and taking care of the people that could not get out to see a provider made me feel blessed for the life I have. A typical day was always on the fly. We would have anywhere from 7 to 13 patients in a day depending on where we would go. The travel was sometimes the hardest part because the GPS would take you around or past where you should be. I loved drawing blood and giving injections.
Physician
Medical Doctor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 9, 2016
They are profit driven and unprofessional . Demands of 10 patients a day does not take travel time or dangerous surroundings into account . No real support for professional staff . Left and glad if it
Not what you think
LVN- Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2016
I am a current employee, the thins I have seen and experienced since I have been here the past 9 months are just plain awful. The management and admin asst get together and talk about you like you have leporosy , dont go on leave an expect them to respect you when you get back. Then the worse part is they smile in your face and stab you in the back. You have to be very careful with this one particular office. HOUSTON they are all snakes in the grass. But if you like to have a easy laid back job to come to they will hire you because people keep WALKING OUT ON THEM......
Pros
Catered lunch, free parking
Cons
THE MESSY OFFICE STAFF AND THEY WILL DRAG YOU THROUGH THE MUD.
Traveling Medical Assistant
Traveling Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMarch 12, 2016
Would map out routes for the day to visit patients. Taking basics vitals, injections if needed, review medication list.
I really enjoyed being a QA coder/auditor
Quality Assurance Coder/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 8, 2016
I really enjoyed working for USMM while I was there. We were always kept in the loop regarding company changes and news. The pay was adequate and the benefits were wonderful. My supervisor was very professional, friendly and had our departments interest as her number 1 priority.
Overall a Great Place to Work!
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 17, 2016
VPA lab is a great place to work! The entire staff is friendly and more than willing to help others when needed. The flexibility of scheduling cannot be matched by any hospital. The business as a whole has been expanding since the day it opened, and continues to do so with new testing added on a yearly basis. The negative reviews are a shame and reflect only that these former employees could not work up to the standards that VPA sets. The people who are here genuinely love their jobs and the people they work with.
Pros
Never open Sundays, Holidays paid, Coworkers, Flexible scheduling, New Instruments
Cons
Benefits not the best
love the elderly
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 13, 2016
Going into work every day is satisfying that you take part in making people get well.

Everyday is a new challenge in what you can learn from others as well as from your patients well being.

Management is there to provide help with any difficulties, improvements in learning new ways to accomplish a better working environment.

Co-workers are a big part of your work area, that is why building respectful relationships are important.

Sometimes hearing bad news is a hard part of your job.

Knowing you gave all your best is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Awful place to work
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 15, 2016
The other reviewers were spot on with their reviews, Management plays favorites/ just doesnt care. Very low end of the pay scale, alot of people in the lab are very rude and not helpful, just stand around talking but dont goto management about it or it will be turned around on you. Feels like the place could go under anytime, not very secure.
You have been warned.
Pros
Cons
Managment, Pay, Coworkers
No place for growth with low pay
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2015
Management team is very unfair and you will do a lot of work for little pay.This company does not care about their employees.
Pros
Great Doctors you will learn a lot.
Cons
Alot of driving, favoritism with management
Great experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 11, 2015
This was my first Medical Assistant position and I was able to learn a lot. I loved working side by side with a doctor. The pay was low and the hours demanding but the experience was well worth it.
It could be a fun place to work
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 19, 2015
They will tell you what you want to hear just to work here. Staff never stays always new employees weekly.Never receive raise or bonus that was promised.If your a medical assistant there is no advancement at all for you.Right now in the Columbus, Ohio office they have state tested nurses aides working as medical assistant.New manager is horrible can't talk to her without her lying to your face.There is multiple staff there that never went to school to be a medical assistant.
Pros
No weekends or Holidays
Cons
Never ever get the raise you were promised
good place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 29, 2015
It's a good place to work,you'll get the experience.
Co-workers are helpful
The management is good
Everyday you learn something different
it's always enjoyable when our patient's see us and welcomes us with
a smile
When we have to go bad areas
Pros
free breakfasts and free lunch
Cons
healthcare
Fun and exciting work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 22, 2015
This job is very on the go. You never know what kind of excitement you may run into. If you don't like being in a little room all day this is the job for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visiting Physicians Association. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7