Visiting Physicians Association

Visiting Physicians Association Employee Reviews

HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK STAY AWAY
ma (Former Employee), columbus, ohioJuly 8, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: underpaid, management horrible, no room for advancement, favoritism
If you kiss management's butt, you will go far with this company. If you have pto it's hard to use it you get in trouble even with a doctors excuse Miserable place. BE AWARE!
great place to work
Patient Core Coordinator (Former Employee), Mentor, OHMay 21, 2015
It was a awesome place to work, great co workers and work environment. Fast paced environment, high call volume, triage responsibilitys
Interesting and always changing, beware of politics
customer service (Former Employee), nationalMay 12, 2015
Pros: Flexibility and opportunity
Cons: patients complaining about substandard service at times
I was in a well compensated position here. Great experience, lots of changes, very profits-driven, more about profits than patients. A few great people to work with and some opportunities to be heard by leadership.
horrendous communication
medical assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 17, 2015
Pros: possibly of OT
Cons: terrible management, catty environment, wrongful termination
I was initially hired to be a medical assistant, to assist the doctors out in the field. I shouldn't have ever come back when at day one they told me that they "decided that being a scheduler would better suit them." Terrible communication between management and employees, between patients and the lab, between the call center and the patients. I was terminated after not going to work on a day that I had requested off and was given. The managers are terrible at responding and even answering their phones. Worst job I'd ever had. And I have worked in fast food before.
Great, upbeat place to work
Medical Lab Technician (Current Employee), Troy, MIMarch 13, 2015
Pros: compensation, benefits
I have been working at VPA for almost a year. I am very happy with my experience at this company and with the way it is ran. I know that they care about their patients and that makes me proud to be a part of this company. At times, things can get hectic, but my coworkers usually pull together to get through the day. I hope to be at this company for a long time.
What it was like working here
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Flint, MIFebruary 23, 2015
i did blood draws, vitals, lab work such as urine specimens, scanned and filed charts.

The company was great to work for i traveled a lot on the job it was all house calls.
Medical Biller
Quality Assurance/Auditor (Current Employee), Troy, MIFebruary 10, 2015
 Prepare and submits claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper.
 Answer questions from patients, clerical staff and insurance companies, identify, and resolve patient billing complaints.
 Evaluate patient’s financial status, followed, and reported status of delinquent accounts, also prepares information for the collection agency.
Do your homework!!!
Certified Medical Assistant/clinical (Former Employee), Flint, MIFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: one on one patient care, flexible hours
Cons: just about everything else
Management is truly horrible. They lie and cover stuff up to protect their positions. Patient care is not the focus, it's all about the Benjamin's. If you can suck up and are willing to put patient care on the back burner, and just want a paycheck this is the place for you. The coworkers were great. Most of the doctors truly cared. The protocols are unjust and do the patients more harm than good on most visits. It started out being my dream job. Quickly manifested into a three ring circus. I felt trapped, committed to my patients, but eventually the life was sucked out of me and I had to leave. Look them up, do your homework, they have been charged with Medicare fraud in the past.
Double Standards,no equality,will tell you anything they think you want to hear.
m.a (Former Employee), MichiganFebruary 2, 2015
Co workers are great, you go out for a day no lunch they still automatically doc you for lunch a minimum of 30 minutes done at corporate level, management shows marked favoritism with employee's, write ups are done at a level of "Corporate wants some thing done" make an example of some one, Government official is verbally cussed out by V.P.A employee and its swept under the carpet even after the Official makes an effort to tell manager.
Lack of professional leader ship, constant Criticism from Physicians and hire up's.
Amazing co workers, horrible management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 22, 2014
I love my co workers, but the new management is terrible. The pay is not worth all the physical work you do everyday and the benefits are very expensive.
Poor
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), West Allis, WINovember 19, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: knowing no job soon
Poor management
did not learn to much, taught them more.
co workers were good honest people
hardest part of job was knowing the company was moving our jobs to troy, Michigan.
Management Horrible
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee), West Allis, WIOctober 30, 2014
Pros: doing home visits
Cons: terrible office enviroment
Not a friendly office environment. Great when I was in the field with my Doctor.
worst management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), LongmontAugust 22, 2014
If you know how to be a kiss up and not truly care about patient care and have management whom uses the doctors for personal use and uses there employees then throws them away like trash then this company is for you!
Paper intensive non stop phone calls
Personal Care Cordinator (Current Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHAugust 21, 2014
Management is lacks and does not keep employees informed of company changes until the very last minute.

very paper intensive. Company has the ability to go paperless but choses to not use it.

Normally understaffed with a high turnover.

Very flexible when needing to take off because of family issues.
Mixed up priorities and it is definitely not the patients
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Longmont, COJuly 29, 2014
Pros: opportunity to gain much experience
Cons: poor management, lack of understanding real patient care and what the patient needs versus what you desire...
I cannot agree more with "Cut throat workplace" review. It was spot on to everything I have wanted to say about this company. When I first started with VPA I thought I would be with this company for the long run.That is until I started noticing the favoritism being played by management and all of the pressure being put on by the CEO's to do unnecessary protocols on patients who obviously did not need – more... them. The scheduling started off wonderful and when new management came in and decided to schedule patients in random locations so far away from each other that it was difficult to spend the adequate time the patient needed. When brought to the attention with management it was shrugged off and completely ignored. I would have to put in overtime and later was told I was not allowed to do that. I was even deducted two hours of overtime I had done and was not paid for them but it was pointless for me to argue with management or even go through more stress of fighting for my hours. I can go on and on but needless to say, I am glad to no longer be part of this money hungry company and am happily moving forward from this nightmare. – less
Medical technologist
Medical technologist (Former Employee), Troy,miJuly 25, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: management
The Laboratory is run very poorly. There is so much childish behavior that goes on this lab. The amount of favoritism is unbelievable. The hours are nice mostly mon-fri occasional saturday. No sundays or holidays. When you go to management about a problem nothing is done. The pay is good and hours are nice, but very poor management and a ton of drama. More then I have ever seen at a company.
Very unorganized management team.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Mentor, OhioJuly 15, 2014
Pros: personal satisfaction of caring for others, gaining helpful knowledge
Cons: long work days, possibly no breaks, no safety concern for employees.
The entire goal of the company is a very good mission, but not well executed by the management and higher office employees. The patients have not been happy in the past with the communication skills of the staff members or scheduling. These issues have been presented and the entire management team has failed to attempt to address these issues.
very organized, clean, friendly environment
Externship (Current Employee), dayton, ohioJune 20, 2014
Considering I work out in the field driving all day, my work day consist of assisting the doctor in each patients home. Collecting vitals and information that the doctor may need. There is more of a one on one relationship with each other than having other co workers in the office.
fast pace to work with lovely co workers and pt
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAJune 19, 2014
loved helping pt who couldn't leave their house get medical attention that they needed. learn a lot about blood draws.
Fast Paced work
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Irving, TXMay 30, 2014
Pros: busy day
Cons: short 30 minute lunch, being laid off
I really enjoyed working for VPA but was sad that I am being laid off. I love working with my patients and making sure their needs are met. It's unfortunate that they have decided to dissolve the PCC position and move those positions to Michigan.

A typical day at work is calling in prescriptions, lots of phone calls, calling patients with results and triaging calls. It was very busy and fast paced and that made the day go by quickly.

1 2 3