Are you a highly motivated, creative web developing guru? Are you passionate about implementing the latest and greatest in web development technology? Are you looking for a full time position that allows you to showcase your talent and experience? Then we have the opportunity you've been looking for.
We are a regional, niche publisher that produces seven unique magazine titles. Our titles include Black Hills Visitor Magazine, Black Hills Bride, Southern Minnesota Bride, Black Hills Parent, and Black Hills Coupon Book. Each of our publications has a complimentary website that showcases our print assets in a user friendly, interactive digital format.
We are seeking a candidate to take our digital presence to the next level. Read on if we've peaked your interest.
NOTE: This is an in-house position that requires relocation to Rapid City, South Dakota.
Primary duties include managing all aspects of the company’s websites, ecommerce and databases while using consistent branding guidelines across all company properties. Qualified developer must be able to complete the full cycle of web development including application architecture, web design, site layout/user interface, database design/programming, QA and cross browser testing. He/she will focus on search engine optimization, creating and executing integrated marketing campaigns, and integration with internal organization applications.
- Responsible for on-going development and maintenance of company sites and/or applications. Perform website maintenance and database management. Consists of updating CMS software (PHP, Joomla, Word Press), backing up website and databases.
- Full cycle site development that includes application architecture, design input, site layout/user interface, database design/programming, domain/hosting/email setup, QA and cross browser testing.
- Print to Web updates for all print publications that have coinciding websites.
- SEO maintenance for all sites. Currently use attracta.com, Google analytics, Google Webmaster tools.
- Social Media plugins and apps additions and updates for all sites.
- Assist in email campaign setup, layout and QA for all publications (css and html required for email client layout issues). Use iContact or comparable for email marketing campaigns. Data import and export required using SQL and Excel.
- Linux hosting, domain and email correspondence with GoDaddy and Siteground for websites and businesses.
- Research and recommend new web technologies to management
- Scoping technical requirements for new projects.
- Working with API’s to integrate forms and databases
- Ensure websites and applications are 508 compliant, including those outsourced to vendors.
- Technical support for online customers
- Training for author users for client based CMS site
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3 to 4 years of web development experience
- Development experience using extensible web authoring tools
- Proven knowledge in Joomla, Word Press and Drupal, and web applications – shopping carts, blogs
- Experience in shopping cart design, product, code and content updates and order management. Ecommerce management.
- 2 years minimum experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL and a good working knowledge of SQL and MyphpAdmin
- Exposure and familiarity to Linux hosting
- Image editing skills with Photoshop
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Knowledge of cross-browser, cross-platform compatibility and design constraints
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with professional technical and non-technical persons.
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Interest in or experience with responsive design a plus.
Please email your resume, samples of your work, and salary requirements.