VISTA COLLEGE

VISTA COLLEGE Employer Reviews

Success of students was my success
Externship Coordinator- Placement of students (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 22, 2015
It was an honor and it was very rewarding to me to have had the opportunity in taking part of students learning environment and overall success as part of my job. Preparing my students for their future and educating them with my previous experiences in the medical field, being consistent and dedication was a great experience for me.
Undecided
Senior Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee), Killeen,TxJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: added stresss
At the time I worked for this company it was still new, I imagine they have worked out some of the kinks
Productive / Strategic / Rewarding
Campus Director (Former Employee), Longview, TXDecember 17, 2014
Work days are long and intense at times, but overall very rewarding as it relates to helping the students achieve their educational goals. Lots of meetings, but some are very productive. Must be adaptable to change. Best part of the role is the students.
great enviornment with the best instructor
student (Current Employee), Killeen, TXDecember 17, 2014
Pros: incredible instructor
Cons: na
I have understood every aspect of the hvac industry and will not stop until I achieve excellence
It was not what I expected
Accounting/Business Instructor (Former Employee), Longview, TXNovember 1, 2014
The job had potential to be great but management at that particular was not professional. Everyday we walked on egg shells never knowing when your would end, but yet always knowing that any day would be your last day.
Not the place for someone who really cares
ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Vista College LubbockOctober 20, 2014
Pros: the staff
Cons: everything
This place is horrible, the Director is great the Director of Admissions DOESN'T know what she is doing. She has everyone else doing her job while she sits at the computer pretending to read emails. I'm surprised she knows how to turn on her computer. The District Manager seems like he is on drugs or something, because he has huge mood swings and no one else does anything even though people tell corporate. The company says it's all about the students, it's about the money, they drive the Admissions Staff to try to enroll 50+ people every 5 weeks at 35k a student and fire people when they miss their goals. Hands down its horrible here, if I didn't have a husband and kids I would be gone.
Prepare and instruct. Hands on.
Dental Assistant Instructor (Former Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 8, 2014
Pros: sharing my work experience with my students.
Cons: being "adjunct" personel. no job security.
The program was great. Very hands on. I had the opportunity to go to school all over again. My co-workers and I had limited interaction. The hardest part was not receiving much training on each class. The most enjoyable was working with eager students that accomplished steps in their program.
student focused
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Clearfield, UTOctober 5, 2014
I reach out to new students daily and interview to determine if they are a good fit with educational programs.
Enroll and provide support for enrolling new students each month.
Provide needed documentation and enrollment packaging of new students.
Manage lead database daily.
Vista College experience
Assistant Manager, Intern (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: lots of great encouragement
Cons: their werent many cons it was a great experience
I really learned a lot from this great school , they were very hands one with working with their students .
enjoyed my students
Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 28, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor upper management
joyed teaching cosmetology, to help others reach their goals.
Poor Leadership High Turnover!!
Instructor (Former Employee), Las CrucesJuly 25, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: lack of management, unqualified administration
STAY AWAY!!!!!! This is a horrible place to work. The schedule is exhausting. I found coworkers are always talking behind your back. No work ethic or management support. Rules constantly changed without notice. BEWARE: They will lure you in with the pay.
fun & laid back
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXJuly 15, 2014
It was a very easy going laid back place, everyone got along well & everyone there was really nice. I enjoyed our holiday parties with all of our staff.
enjoyed career
Dental Program Instructor (Former Employee), el paso txJuly 9, 2014
very unorganized, no consideration for family, the most enjoyable was the actual job itself management etc very inconsiderate and unprofessional
very unorganized company
sales (Former Employee), dallasJune 10, 2014
Cons: untrustworthy, rude, unprofessional
This company is very unorganized and untrustworthy, they do not care about the employees. they do not provide the necessary information and supplies needed for the job.
Love to Teach and interact with students
Medical Assistant Instructor (Current Employee), Longview, TXMay 29, 2014
I love to teach and interact with students and see them grow into professional Medical Assistants it is very rewarding. I am ready to get out in the office world and use my skills that I have earned my degree in and interact and help others in the world. I enjoy people and really love a fast paced environment. I have taught hundreds of students over the past two years and watched them grow. Administration is getting changed here and many of the changes are not beneficial to the instructors and I am overwhelmed with the sadness I see in the students with the changes that are happening. The hardest part of this job is to see that I will never be able to further myself in this company and that many people that work here are fired without notice and it makes me feel that I have no job security even after teaching here for two years.
fun work enviroment. very unprofessional admissions staff
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), layton utahMay 9, 2014
staff was very "clique" and there was a lot of issues with gossip. not professional work environment at all
Financial Aid Department for the students was the worst.
LICENSED VOCATICAL/PRACTICAL NURSE (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 28, 2014
The school cares more about their profits and money than their students. Aside that, working with the students was a true God sent experience.
Productive secondary educational environment
Professor of Business (Current Employee), Longview,TXMarch 26, 2014
Pros: excellent work environment
I teach business courses at Vista College in Longview,TX. I love working here. I educate adult learners and give them the tools to be more successful in life.
Students brighten up the day
Massage Therapy Instructor (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXMarch 17, 2014
To be able to learn and have fun is always great. Co-workers were wonderful. Too much technology involved overall
Bad Work environment
Business office manager (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXFebruary 5, 2014
Cons: long hours, to much work
Long hours, under paid salary, Hostile work environment, Upper management controlling and Micro management. Hostile work environment towards Hispanics

1 2 3