Vista College Employee Reviews

N/a
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 19, 2017
It Was Great But There Was No Stability At the top. There was never a manager or supervisor for longer than three months. Meeting new prospects was always fun
Pros
meet new peoole
Cons
No Boss
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 16, 2017
Its a day full of activities. Exciting, and productive. very educational environment for all students and employees. very healthy friendly organization for all.
Used to be a great place to work
HVAC Program Director/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 13, 2017
Good work environment. Good compensation. Local management went from excellent, to non-existent, to bad, to worse and them back good when it was too late to prevent the campus from closing
Pros
Good pay, OK benefits
Cons
Poorly managed at upper level
very stressful, very competitive, no direction from leadership.
Assistant Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXDecember 6, 2017
Leadership at vista needs to change and management lacks concern for the employees. Staff pretends to be friendly until you become apart of the team. Gossip is always present and no one knows what their title is.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
pay is not worth the stress and pressure you will have to encounter
Rewarding and Stressful
Academic Team Member (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 12, 2017
Rewarding to help individuals change their lives but can be extremely stressful when you are giving everything your all but don't feel appreciated for the work you are doing.
Review
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 10, 2017
Vista College has the potential to be a great place to work. The opportunities are there however, it is all about who you know at this institution. The curriculum has great potential.
This place is a joke
Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 4, 2017
I loved my students and that's all! Management is horrible. We would have meetings and argue about nothing! To many chiefs and not enough Indians. The Cosmetology department is so unorganized and they like to pick and choose who does what. The salon manager is a joke. The pay was horrible and so is the campus director. The Killeen location is like the wild wild west!
Pros
The students
Cons
No prep time, salary sucks, turnover program director
all about the money
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 1, 2017
This company does not value the students, they are seen by management as dollar signs. When I went to my manager with concerns, she brushed them off, then later reprimanded me for not handling the concerns I had come to her about. I decided it was time to leave when I was asked to do unethical things such as changing grades to one a student had not earned.
n/a
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 26, 2017
my first time being in admissions i really enjoyed. vista college overall have helped me in the long run. however, there are no job security or advancement and the benefits aren't beneficial to the employees.
I learned that every student is different
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 21, 2017
I enjoyed working at Vista College. The student were wonder to work with. My supervisor was very good a her job. The work environment was a little stressful,
average
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TX 79414September 19, 2017
I really enjoyed my job. Management changed the first of the year, 2017, and the school began to drop in enrollment and reputation.
My job was very fulfilling and I enjoyed the staff.
Bad
Instructor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 18, 2017
poor management no paid time off favoritism unjust treatment
bias no training no room for advancement inconsiderateness no understanding poor judgement
Pros
Cons
lay off at any time
Great place
Director-Career Services (Current Employee) –  Vista College, TexasSeptember 16, 2017
Great place to connect with the community, develop as a team, and chances to grow. Very good leadership and working with each individual employee. I would highly recommend it.
Stressful work environment
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 25, 2017
For me, it was my coworkers made my work experience with Vista a good one. Unfortunately, the company is restructuring and had to lay-off dozens of people.
Pros
Fair compensation/benefits
Cons
No job security/company instability
Not Recommended
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 31, 2017
The current local management had not idea what they are doing so instead of fixing bigger problems they create more problems by micromanaging and thus bringing down moral until everyone who is not willing to kiss touch is miserable.
Pros
It is job
Cons
too manyto count
Vista College
Senior Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 31, 2017
It was fun to work and, they help you grow and develop your skills as an admissions rep. I think that the most rewarding experience was watching the individuals that you recruit graduate.
Not easy but definitly rewarding!
Sr. Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 27, 2017
Very fast paced and numbers driven career. There is zero job security but the pay is amazing! No time for non-work activities.....8-10 hours in the office and in order to be successful you will need to set aside at least 3-4 hours to work from home. 6 days in office but really you will be working 7 days a week. Extremely stressful but at the end of each day it is all worth it because you are helping change lives.
Pros
Helping others, amazing pay
Cons
Stressful, no job security, no down time EVER
This was placed on my resume to fill gap with schooling
Student HVAC (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 23, 2017
I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking to learn a quick trait with quality instructors.Graduated with associates in HVAC with professional training.
Attended massage therapy school
Student (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 21, 2017
Your program listed Vista college as an employer. I attended school for Massage Therapy. The school was very organized and thorough and I studied Eastern and Western medicine.
disorganized
Student Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 10, 2017
needs lots of help. poor management, does not help the students. instead of increasing students, they decreases. does not thank the staff. very gloomy place
Pros
educated students
Cons
poor managementt