Vista College Employee Reviews

Terrible upper management
Admission Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMarch 4, 2017
The job was very stressful and the management was weak.The job required a lot of manipulation. The co-worker were required to be very competitive and very back stabbing. The most enjoyable part of the day was going home.
Pros
The hopes that they will get better management
Cons
Healthcare, management
I enjoyed teaching students.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 20, 2017
I will be laid off in June 2017, the campus is closing due to lack of student population. It is a great place to work and I would have stayed as long as the doors were open.
I get great satisfaction teaching and giving students the opportunity to better their lives. Vista is the best place to work but the unemployment rate is so low in Amarillo that a vocational career school was not in demand.
Pros
Cons
closing
Fun place to work
Business Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 20, 2017
It can be very demanding at a split second. There is not any overtime approval. I love working here, but I'd like to work in a position with very little guidance.
Pros
Positive people
Cons
Healhcare
Great culture to work in plus amazing opportunity for advancement,
Corporate Director (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Vista College creates opportunity for staff and students alike. They are very supportive of their employees and believe that growing and promoting from within is the always the best option. They offer numerous training opportunities as well. The most enjoyable part of the job is witnessing the dramatic improvement in the quality of life our students experience when they graduate one of our programs.
No leadership
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 26, 2017
I was excited to start my job here. It wasn't until about two weeks in that I started to learn this place was falling apart. There is no leadership or sense of teamwork here. No one is here for the purpose of promoting the college or helping the students.
I've worked at Vista Killeen for two amazing years.
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 13, 2016
The Vista Killeen Campus does tremendous job educating its students and assisting them with finding jobs. From the campus administrator to the janitor caring customer service is provided. There are times when students get upset at staff because they have to follow regulations. I have seen a lot of coworkers advance in their careers which motivates me to do well so I can be promoted too. All employees are allowed to attend for the most part any campus meeting to provide input how we can make the campus a successful place for our students and staff. I work in admissions and attended a retention meeting where I was amazed how many resources the campus provides to retain students, the staff spoke of what they need to do to support students to be successful, a very encouraging meeting. There are a lot of community involvement from campus staff and students to give back to Killeen. If you're having concerns about anything it's nice to know you can openly discuss it with the college president and he actually really listens to try to resolve concerns. Best place that I've worked and I look for the opportunity to advance in my career.
Pros
Pleasant work environment that allows you the opportunity to develop your skills.
Cons
Benefits can be improved although pay is competitive for Killeen.
Showcase and Interact
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 31, 2016
Being an Admissions Representative at Vista College allowed me to showcase my sales skills. Since we are an educational facility, my position allowed me to interact with potential and current students.
Pros
Good pay with easy advancement
Cons
Lots of microman
Vista College Creates Opportunities
Student Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 31, 2016
A company staffed with competent and friendly individuals who meet and exceed expectations of leadership, clients, and the community, by offering exceptional customer service
Pros
Creates employee/Student opportunities via promotions/academic assistance
Fun, Invigorating, Life Affirming
Professor (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMSeptember 20, 2016
I am privileged to walk into class and discuss with my students the different and unpredictable day I had with my morning position as an IT field engineer. The class would discuss how they would have dealt with the issues that i bring up, and as a class we would breakdown and discuss different options/ways to deal with different issues in the IT industry
Pros
Solitude, complexity, quality
Cons
micromanagment
Hard Working and Loyal
Specialty Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 3, 2016
Team player, Hard working, care about the students, focus on the military, work well with Specialty programs, Texas Work Force Commission and DARS
Pros
Lots of Rejection when cold calling
Cons
Rewarding when I watch the students graduate
It's a great company to work for
Career Services Director/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 31, 2016
I would have continued to work at Vista College if I didn't relocate to Dallas. The people are great to work with. Vista College is a great Company. Management is very supportive of the staff
Not what they portray to be.
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 5, 2016
The Director Of Education, the Administrator and the Program Director doesn't really care about certain Instructors. There is a lot of favoritism that go on toward certain Instructors. If you don't agree with them or act a certain way you are talked about, there is no confidentiality among staff. When you work overtime you are not paid for it. You are made to feel less than when there is a meeting, the students there are lied to about financial aide and how much they get: example the students are told that they get more money if housing and gas is added to their FASFA so that they qualify for more money to attend classes there. Certain Instructors talk about other Instructors behind their backs, some of the students are talked about, students are viewed as a $ sign and not a person. Would recommend someone work there.....NO I WOULD NOT!, would I recommend someone to attend classes there.......NO I WOULD NOT.
Pros
Helping students to beleive in who they are.
Cons
It's not easy to find employment in the field offered by Vista College.
Hostile Enviroment
Retention/Student Services (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 13, 2016
Job Turn around was so high. That you were never sure who was in charge of campus. They most defantly did not care about there employees. Their numbers were more important. There was never any good job, keep it up.. The only time you were acknowledged was when there was an issue and you were needed to correct.
Pros
Good Pay
Selling broken cars
ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 5, 2016
One of the worst run, least organized, unmanaged companies, I ever worked for. Constantly ran out of things required to do business, like paper. You have to harass people into paying 40k+ for a 20k degree. Call them 3 times a day, email them, text them, call their parents and other contacts every day until they till you to leave them alone or sign up. You're required to make 150 outbound cold calls a day, have three interviews, and sign 1 person day. You take down notes about their life then use it as leverage to make them sign up. Administration and Teacher turn over is so high you don't know if they'll have enough people to make a class, a room for it to be in, or someone to teach it. No parking, about a 30 percent graduation rate, and 15 percent placement rate. No one accepts their degrees as legitimate, because they take 2 weeks of math, 2 weeks of English, etc.. so they're going to diploma programs. With the exception of the hvac and dental program, you might as well throw 40k down a hole. They didn't even want to hire their graduates. Please, please stay away, from this soul stealing, crushing debt creating, money monster who wants to create 75 new victims every 5 weeks.
Pros
You learn to twist peoples arms to buy 40k product they can't afford
Cons
Sell your soul to the devil
Love Students hated staff.
Adjunct teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 24, 2016
Vista college provided me the opportunity to teach on the college level. I loved all my students! However, the staff and management treat all teachers as disposable objects. For people looking to gain experience Vista College is a great place. If you have experience skip taking a job at Vista College.
Pros
helping students grow
Cons
staf, management
I love the direction the company is going. I feel in a coulple of years the hard work that is now taking place will pay off.
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMay 18, 2016
Thing have gotten a lot better. I am learning from different areas and gaining a great respect for how others role make the dream work.
Pros
POT
Cons
N/A
Team oriented and innovative
Instructor-Anatomy and Physiology (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 28, 2016
The work environment was excellent and I could not have asked for a better boss. I enjoyed working as an instructor. The benefits of giving people knowledge is so rewarding.
Okay if you need a job to get you to another one
Instructor (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 17, 2016
Numbers is the game not the students and learning. When it comes to pass and fail you have to make sure that your numbers equal up to what they expect to keep the accreditation and cause some people to fudge the information to keep their jobs. Also management is supposed to help out, but they only work maybe 5 hours a day and do not want to talk to you or the students. Their man concern is working the least amount of time and get their big checks for nothing.
Pros
four day work week
Cons
Numbers is the game not education
There are two things about security working for Vista, either you get fired or promoted.
Psychology and Medical Courses Instructor (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXMarch 30, 2016
Accepting students that are not qualified to be in programs. Many students come in under the influence of alcohol or drugs, yet the school tolerates this type of behavior, because this is a profit school.
Management and daily work
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Great Management and Flexibility. A typical day is 8-5. making phone calls to prospective students. Enrolling Students into a variety of program.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vista College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9