VISTA COLLEGE Employee Reviews in United States

A typical day at this school is not for the faint of heart
Medical Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 3, 2015
In order to succeed at this school you must attend 100% of the time...One day of a missed class can be the difference between a pop quiz or something vital that you will need to know on your weekly finals. But if you are a hard worker and enjoy the challenges life has to offer then I suggest attending this school. l absolutely loved the day to day interactions with different types of personalities people have, some days you get the hyper professors or at other times you get the super shy and quiet ones. Overall I enjoyed my time here, but I am glad that I graduated and now I can start on my future dream career as a Medical Assistant.
Pros
The opportunities of becoming certified in the field of study that you decide to pursue
Cons
Loss of class time due to poor attendance will affect your grades, and potential career status later on after graduation
Very unprofessional place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Longview,txJuly 27, 2015
The director of education as well as all other management has no professional skills, the only time you see them out of there office is when corporate is there. The instructors have no authority when it comes to managing their own classroom and if you don't do something they like or don't bow down to them the management will make up lies to get you fired. Very unprofessional and stressful environment to work for. Almost all employees are very unhappy but afraid to say something in fear of losing their jobs. I would not recommend employment or for students to attend this school. Students are considered a number here and they should be treated with respect
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional and stressful environment
Very productive and high pace work environment.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Longview, TxAugust 27, 2015
Each day at Vista I was required to make a minimum of 100-200 phone calls in an attempt to connect with prospective students. I scheduled appointments to meet with prospects and give them a presentation of the college and its educational programs. I also gave an in depth tour of the campus and its various departments of education. I enrolled students and completed all corresponding administrative paperwork.I followed up regularly with each of my students in order to address their specific needs to ensure that they were successful in their designated programs. Management was available for assistance but for the most part I was responsible for maintaining my own schedule and time management. My co-workers worked as a team to meet quotas set by management. The hardest part of my job was maintaining an optimal call volume. The most enjoyable aspect of my job was meeting with prospective students in an attempt to improve their educational and career opportunities. I learned many aspects of sales as well as client relations and interfacing with every aspect of college and program management.
Pros
Catered meetings with management
Cons
Staggered weekly schedules
No support for faculty-students do what they want to do. No consequences.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 23, 2015
Compensation is too low if they expect instructor to spend two to three++ hours daily for preparation in addition to attending meeting and teaching 4.5 hours. No support for faculty from management . DOE does not get involved with education team. Students can arrive late, bring dinner into classroom, eat during class, take extended breaks and leave early on consistent basis. Teacher is blamed because they do not offer students reason to stay in class. DOE is aware of problem but will not get involved. Those with the gold, students, make the rules.
Pros
Great peers
Cons
No Support from management( DOE) unless you are needed.
Vista College is a great company to work for
Director of Career Services (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 13, 2016
Vista College has given me many opportunities to advance my career. I started as an Administrator and am now a Director. I help students and graduates find employment. Write resumes, contact employers, hold job fairs
Okay if you need a job to get you to another one
Instructor (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 17, 2016
Numbers is the game not the students and learning. When it comes to pass and fail you have to make sure that your numbers equal up to what they expect to keep the accreditation and cause some people to fudge the information to keep their jobs. Also management is supposed to help out, but they only work maybe 5 hours a day and do not want to talk to you or the students. Their man concern is working the least amount of time and get their big checks for nothing.
Pros
four day work week
Cons
Numbers is the game not education
Beware
adjunct faculty (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXDecember 17, 2015
Highly polished marketing to get low income dreamers to assume $25,000 in loans and the promise of a high paying job.

Inexperienced full time (9 hours in front of students per day) and part time (4.5 hours teaching daily) us established materials and syllabus to teach 5 week courses. Neither the students or the professors are of the quality needed to pull it off. Administration is incompetent and micromanaged by the Education Futures central which oversees 10 similar colleges for profit. Bottom line is attendance, placement, and retention, and that is what is emphasized over quality instruction and student recruiting
Pros
See above
Cons
Low pay, unprepared students, little help from administrators, high student and star turnover
Management and daily work
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 27, 2016
Great Management and Flexibility. A typical day is 8-5. making phone calls to prospective students. Enrolling Students into a variety of program.
Business Adjunct Instructor
Business Instructor Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 7, 2016
My experience and education prepared me to instruct learners from different generational cohorts and how to integrate online course material that assists the learners in accessing resources, submitting assignments, participate in peer discussions, complete course related simulations, and review with practice quizzes in order to prepare them for the graded quizzes and exams.
Pros
Great place
Rewarding Work with Crazy Hours
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 18, 2015
While the work there is extremely rewarding, the balance between home and work is definitely skewed in works direction. Management is a bit unstable, and things are not the best thought out, but it is rewarding work.
Poor communication
RN-Nurse Educator and Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 18, 2015
Poor communication between the staff although co-workers are very helpful. Policies and regulations aren't followed strictly by the management.
Admissions Representative
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 28, 2015
Great company to work for. Management is awesome and have a great sense of direction. They take time to ensure employees have the tools to be successful at their jobs.
Unprofessional Management
Staff (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 25, 2015
Daily management is unprofessional. Directors of departments should not be acting childish towards staff, should not be dancing inappropriately in the office. Should not give special treatment to one person that continues to things wrong and is corrected over and over. Also that could cause the school to be closed and everyone out of a job. Management throwing their team under the bus because they can't do their job correctly, they are never anywhere to be found. Also management not being trust worthy enough for staff to speak to them and make sure it does not get around to anyone else. Not sure who you can talk to or go to that can be trusted. Management acting different when corporate is around.
Constant backstabbing and job insecurity
Career Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 22, 2015
Unethical in recruiting practices and disgusting work environment. There are new Campus Directors every year as well as other administrative and department lead positions. Very unstable work environment with constant backstabbing required to keep your job.
Pros
good pay
Cons
job insecurity, prejudice, reverse discrimination
Team oriented and innovative
Instructor-Anatomy and Physiology (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 28, 2016
The work environment was excellent and I could not have asked for a better boss. I enjoyed working as an instructor. The benefits of giving people knowledge is so rewarding.
Financial Aid
Financial Aid Advisor/ Customer Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TexasSeptember 26, 2015
At Vista College, I worked in Financial Aid. This consisted of packaging students, balancing RBS, and I was also VA Certified.
Pros
Helping students
Cons
Long Hours
Do not send your family here, there are better colleges around!
Former Faculty (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 3, 2015
So many fundamental problems with this school...There is not any type of real training for the instructors, and the students kind of run over the instructors with no real structure. The school is so unorganized that students feel this and continue to hang in there because it is fairly easy to obtain a degree, just show up!. The school has such behavioral problems and attendance problems that faculty meetings are focused only on these issues. So different than conventional colleges in that classes are led in various formats with limited supplies for classrooms, etc... Very low pay for the most part, with constant tension and backbiting of Administration towards faculty and amongst themselves.

Not the best choice for a quality education. Comparable to a high school and degrees cranked out like an assembly line. Great concept for the few wealthy business people who own this school, but not really well organized yet and the College is still in the very early stages of growth and development. Not sure how it has grown so rapidly because the curricula really lacks substance.

It seems as though people that have managed to get in higher positions try to place a false sense of pride in the students and in the school and do so to maintain their own job security. The real truth in fact is neither students or faculty seem happy as evidenced by huge amounts of turnover in instructors as well as high drop out rates of students. (Read the other posts in this site).
Pros
Very easy to walk in and get hired to teach
Cons
Disorganized, total chaos, very low pay, weird curriculum
Just a place to keep busy and be productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 6, 2015
Small area to sale nachos, chips, soda. Its a place to help you raise your grade while feeding you peers. cheap prices not much to handle at all.
job
Externship Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 18, 2015
The company has created opportunity in the for profit sector. First time in education from the medical environment, so little different.
Pros
autonomy to create and be your best
Cons
everyone is trying to move up quickly
Full time student
Student (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXNovember 19, 2015
small classes so far excellent instructors there is some room for improvement however overall I would give them a very satisfied rating even more so due to there scheduling allowing many students to work full time with minimal impact on there school work

2.9