Vista Community Clinic Employee Reviews

Workplace Culture
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJune 25, 2017
The job itself is comfortable but it is the newly appointed management and leads that make the job stressful and work flow slower as they are still adjusting themselves to the position. However, it has been more than 3 months now since new management took over and it has created great tension in the work environment.
good team members
Step-Up Mentor (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 2, 2017
I did a lot of volunteer work for the Vista Community Clinic and helped them with neighborhood beutification, they are friendly people and very hard workers.
Nice co-workers
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAMay 6, 2017
Patients and co-workers are nice people. A good place to work for life work balance. Not much advancement potential. The hardest part of working here is not being a Spanish speaker as many patients do not speak english.
productive, extreamly fast pace, fun place to work. all staff is friendly
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAApril 5, 2017
a typical work day consists of a patient scheduled every 15 mins, with possible double bookings.

You do have the opportunity to learn a vast amount of procedures, and have staff members that are always willing to help.

Hardest part of the job is frequently being short staffed, and having to do the job of multiple people at a time. However, this is what also gives you the best knowledge and trains you to be able to work well under pressure, and in a fast paste environment,
Pros
vast ammount of experience in a short amount of time.
Cons
constantly busy, job advancement is a little tricky
productive work enviornment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAFebruary 8, 2017
this is a great place to gain useful work experience. I really recommend VCC to anyone who is eager and willing to learn everyday
Great Environment
Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJanuary 30, 2017
A typical day at work was normally a busy day
I can say I learned a little bit of everything from customers service, Pre-Billing to billing and accounts payable.
Workplace culture was a Melting Pot love the Diversity of personalities. I can actually say we all worked as a team therefore things were a lot easier and the most enjoyable part of my job was been able to help the Patients.
Pros
schedulede
Cons
N/a
fun and good work place
Teen Peer Provider (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJanuary 10, 2017
I learned a lot of helping patience and the different job tasks I had to take on. And I enjoyed getting to know them an being there friend. The supervisor knows me personally and really likes my work ethic.
a fun work place
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Vista Community Clinic is a grate place to work at, and a grate medical place, all patients get treated no matter if the have insurance or not, patient with no insurance, get treated at a low fee scale fee meaning depending on patients income.
Pros
Grate pharmacy
Cons
5 dollars per perscripion
Productive workplace
Quality Assurance Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJanuary 3, 2017
There is always team work. Learning experience. More knowledgeable in medical terminology. Being able to help patients in the medical part and back office.
Fun people to work with with great cause
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vista, CANovember 8, 2016
My coworkers are the best. Management has been the same for decades and is very hard to make any advancement in this company . There are many departments but they are all very different and company doesn't seem to like modern ways of management
Cons
Not great salaries, no bonuses.
I've heard of not good service since I left.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Vale terrace drOctober 19, 2016
I think this would be a wonderful place to work. I love helping people and I am ready to help. I work well with others and am easy to get along with. Please consider me to be part of your team.
Good place to start a career.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vista, CaliforniaAugust 11, 2016
Working at the clinic with the help of nurses and doctors the knowledge and confidence I possess has been appreciated. They were my second family for many years. The management (not all) needs to respect and value equally the supporting staff.
Pros
flexibility, great community, coworkers, skills learned
Cons
No breaks, heavy working load, disrespect, low pay
Friendly environment
Prenatal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vista, CA 92084August 2, 2016
It is a friendly place to work. Management sometime can be unfair and work load too demanding. Its a steady job just looking to grow
Pros
Lunch
Cons
No chance to grow
Informative and full of knowledge
Social Work Intern/Therapist (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CAMay 5, 2016
Great place to intern at. Field instructors are knowledgeable and teach with passion. Students are able to apply their knowledge and clinical opinion to the clients and their needs.
Non Profit Sector-- Productive Work Environment
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAApril 10, 2016
Wonderful experience with coworkers and management. Productivity and self-motivated work environment. The staff are all very welcoming and humble.
However, little room for advancement within the company. Executives tend to hire from the outside instead of promoting from within. They also cut corners to "save" money because we are federally funded. You have to fight for anything.. benefits, overtime pay, etc.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Healthcare, high employee turnover, little room for advancement
Health Care Experience
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vista CAOctober 15, 2015
I am thankful to work with such and amazing non-profit organization. VCC has provided me with exceptional training, and knowledge in improving health care. We collaborate as a team to serve not only patients experiencing socioeconomic barriers, but a widely diverse population.
Everyday is different
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAOctober 13, 2015
I work with an amazing team at Vista Coomunity Clinic. Everyone here gets along well and we value our relationships. We are all a team and we have each other's back. For me, everyday is different I see different patients at different schools each week. The ages range from 5 - 13 yrs old. The hardest part of my job is advertising the Dental Program at schools, and ensure parents signed the consent forms; so that my team can see the kids for free!

The most enjoable part of my job is to see all the kids leave my dental van with a happy smile and goody bag, which consits of dental brush, toothpaste, and floss and at times even a sticker! Every day, I 'm learning new dental terminology,as I have no prior experience working in the dental field. I have worked in the healthcare field for five years and just loved that, but it's great learning new things each day!
Pros
working hours are great!
flexible
Lead Medical Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 29, 2015
wonderful staff, staff always strives for the best for the patients. management needs to step up for their staff more. very flexible hours
Fun with the young team
Database Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 16, 2015
It was fun to work with some of the professionals. I acquired my NextGen Certified Professional through the course of employment here. I am grateful for that opportunity.
IT Specialist/Computer System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 6, 2015
Non-profit organization is the key element to remember in regards to Vista Community Clinic and the turn over rate is extremely high. Three IT Specialists for over 800 plus employees that are involved in many a large scale projects with very little to no help.