Vista Community Clinic

Vista Community Clinic United States Employee Reviews

Great place to work best co workers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Vista, CAJanuary 14, 2015
I enjoyed working as a team everyone very helpful best doctors willing to teach us new things, co workers helpful. got to learn new procedures and techniques
Great Place to work
Medical Service Representative II (Former Employee), Oceanside, CADecember 22, 2014
I would recommend this job to friends and family who may be looking for position. They had great verbal communication and organization and workflow was good.. Just a busy environment.
phlebotomy
EXTERNSHIP (Former Employee), Vista, CADecember 10, 2014
great company, cares about the patients, the employees are willing to help when help is needed
i liked it
Data Entry Clerk/Front Desk (Former Employee), vista,caJuly 29, 2014
I liked working here. People were nice. and the job itself was fairly easy. i loved it
Company Mission
Chief Operations Officer (Current Employee), Vista, CAJune 26, 2014
The mission of Vista Community Clinic is to provide quality health care and health education to the community focusing on those facing economic, social or cultural barriers.
great experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Vista, CAMay 26, 2014
while working at this clinic I worked with under privileged families but provided the best possible medical care for preventive medicine such as well baby check ups to vaccinations to acute care for adults as well as children. It was a small clinic so we all worked very closely together like a little family. The hardest part about my job was the long hours and over time that was put in just to meet everyone's needs. the most enjoyable part was meeting those needs.
Made lots of friends with other co-workers in diferent departments
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Vista, CAApril 9, 2014
Pros: own big lunch room, lunches provided by various representatives.
Cons: it was state funded did not earn alot.
Really learned a lot in Vista Community Clinic, I worked in different departments which includes, OB/GYN, Screener for family planning, family Medicine, and Pediatrics. Became familiar with procedures and minor surgical procedures. Learned to work as a team and helped each other so it would make an easier flow. When busy I would stay late at night doing overtime most of the time this was the down side of this job. The good part of this job learned while working,and made friends.
patient registration
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee), Vista, CADecember 15, 2013
Greet and check in patients thru nextgen system. In the past 2 months I have learned a lot specially the nextgen system. I have learned to schedule and cancel appointments in this system. I have great co-workers. I really enjoy working with all the staff,
Company with great values
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Vista, CASeptember 29, 2013
Pros: company values, morale, helping others, location
Cons: salary is not the highest, but it is decent
Working in the Health Promotion Center, the people I am around every day are passionate and effective at their jobs. It seems to be that all Vista Community Clinic employees are happy to be there and work hard not just because it is their job, but because they enjoy and believe in what they do. And I can relate to this.
Able to interact with a diverse of patients.
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee), Vista, CAJune 7, 2013
Fast pace enviorment. A place to expect the unexpected. My co-workers are reliable and dependable.
Alright for first job, not so much for experienced
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: everyone was friendly
Cons: no benefits until you worked more than 32 hrs, manager system is screwed up
they didn't pay much as they should for all the things they give us to do. The staff were always very friendly though. They kept changing their policies around alot and it was difficult to keep up without the proper training they don't give us. They just hand us a packet of paper and expect for the staff to be pro's at it. The manager would only let one person take overtime, even if it meant for other's overtime pay to be taken away. It was alright for my first job, but after learning how much I could really be making, this job didn't seem like such a keeper. Only because it's pretty flexible.
Friendly environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Vista, CAFebruary 25, 2013
The Vista Community Clinic is the place to work if you are interested in getting to know your community's health needs and finding a way to meet those needs. The programs at the clinic are designed to educate target populations that are sometimes lost or forgotten.
Working for The Vista Community Clinic was a job that I absolutely loved.
fun & challenge to work @ the clinic, is interesting
Operator 1 and medical records (Current Employee), Vista, CADecember 7, 2012
Pros: free luch
Cons: short breaks
you always learn something different every day, is never the same, due to patient problems or issue
internship
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee), Vista, CANovember 16, 2012
I performed over 300 blood draws. This was a great place to get practice and learn other things such as diabetes and HIV testing.
Co workers are fun once you get to know them, Some are still concervative but overall fun.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Vista, CANovember 12, 2012
Pros: free lunch at times, mostly busy, fun co workers
Cons: per diems no benefits
VCC is a good place to work at. They are amazing the doctors are wonderful! It is one of those jobs where youre just excited and happy to go to work. It is always busy so theres always something to do, most of times. I've learned so many things not from just my co workers but also the doctors they are never too busy to help you or teach you something that you've never done before. My co workers were amazing! I definitely miss most of them. However, there were times in which I did feel that boundary between some of them such as ok you work here I'll help you but dont talk to me or if for them who have more experience know something and youre asking for help sometimes they can be brutes about it which is the downside, even if it is just about 3 or 4 out of the staff from 10 or so. The hardest part of working there I would say was that every month when we had our monthly meeting I always felt that they were mounting us with more work than we can handle and some would rush thru it. Not only that but also the fact that each MA would work with one provider that was good and also bad. Good because it gave us more experience to manage our time according to levels of importance but at the same time less time to go into detail with each patient. Also the fact that they wanted us to work with one provider some of them needed alot of labs, tests to be done and with only just one of us it was too much we had to help each other out which is good, but times we'd get in trouble, or we would ask for someone to help as a float but wouldn't always receive that. The part I enjoyed the most about – more... working there was that I got to experience most of these things with new friends, regular people trying to fulfill our dreams. Also seeing each patient repeteadly was good we got to know each individual, most of them are open with you and share that bond and confidence. Going into the management department I do believe that there could be more improvement in that area. Personally speaking, organization would be the thing that the location I was working with lacked the most along with trust and communication with each of the team. – less
Fast paced environment with lack of efficient direction from management
Registered Nurse, Family and Pediatric Medicine (Current Employee), VistaSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: i enjoy my coworkers and nursing responsibilities
Cons: lack of management
The RN desk receives constant phone calls regarding medications, or requiring triage as well as in office triage of walk-in patients. I assist physicians in medical procedures as well as patient teachings. I have improved upon my organizational skills and my efficient and direct way to maintain a calm environment amidst some chaos. Management is lacking and therefore overall effiency and consistant procedure is inadequate, which is the most difficult aspect of my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is educating, communicating and caring for the patients either in house or on the phone.
fun flowing work environment
Medical Assistant / Medical Service Receptionist (Current Employee), Vista, CAJune 13, 2012
typical days are very busy but i enjoy working their all co workers get a long and doctors are welcoming and helping when you have questions