Vista Community Clinic Employee Reviews

Good place to start a career.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vista, CaliforniaAugust 11, 2016
Working at the clinic with the help of nurses and doctors the knowledge and confidence I possess has been appreciated. They were my second family for many years. The management (not all) needs to respect and value equally the supporting staff.
Pros
flexibility, great community, coworkers, skills learned
Cons
No breaks, heavy working load, disrespect, low pay
Non Profit Sector-- Productive Work Environment
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAApril 10, 2016
Wonderful experience with coworkers and management. Productivity and self-motivated work environment. The staff are all very welcoming and humble.
However, little room for advancement within the company. Executives tend to hire from the outside instead of promoting from within. They also cut corners to "save" money because we are federally funded. You have to fight for anything.. benefits, overtime pay, etc.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Healthcare, high employee turnover, little room for advancement
Informative and full of knowledge
Social Work Intern/Therapist (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CAMay 5, 2016
Great place to intern at. Field instructors are knowledgeable and teach with passion. Students are able to apply their knowledge and clinical opinion to the clients and their needs.
Alright for first job, not so much for experienced
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 28, 2013
they didn't pay much as they should for all the things they give us to do. The staff were always very friendly though. They kept changing their policies around alot and it was difficult to keep up without the proper training they don't give us. They just hand us a packet of paper and expect for the staff to be pro's at it. The manager would only let one person take overtime, even if it meant for other's overtime pay to be taken away. It was alright for my first job, but after learning how much I could really be making, this job didn't seem like such a keeper. Only because it's pretty flexible.
Pros
everyone was friendly
Cons
no benefits until you worked more than 32 hrs, manager system is screwed up
Company with great values
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vista, CASeptember 29, 2013
Working in the Health Promotion Center, the people I am around every day are passionate and effective at their jobs. It seems to be that all Vista Community Clinic employees are happy to be there and work hard not just because it is their job, but because they enjoy and believe in what they do. And I can relate to this.
Pros
company values, morale, helping others, location
Cons
salary is not the highest, but it is decent
Everyday is different
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAOctober 13, 2015
I work with an amazing team at Vista Coomunity Clinic. Everyone here gets along well and we value our relationships. We are all a team and we have each other's back. For me, everyday is different I see different patients at different schools each week. The ages range from 5 - 13 yrs old. The hardest part of my job is advertising the Dental Program at schools, and ensure parents signed the consent forms; so that my team can see the kids for free!

The most enjoable part of my job is to see all the kids leave my dental van with a happy smile and goody bag, which consits of dental brush, toothpaste, and floss and at times even a sticker! Every day, I 'm learning new dental terminology,as I have no prior experience working in the dental field. I have worked in the healthcare field for five years and just loved that, but it's great learning new things each day!
Pros
working hours are great!
Health Care Experience
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vista CAOctober 15, 2015
I am thankful to work with such and amazing non-profit organization. VCC has provided me with exceptional training, and knowledge in improving health care. We collaborate as a team to serve not only patients experiencing socioeconomic barriers, but a widely diverse population.
Co workers are fun once you get to know them, Some are still concervative but overall fun.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vista, CANovember 12, 2012
VCC is a good place to work at. They are amazing the doctors are wonderful! It is one of those jobs where youre just excited and happy to go to work. It is always busy so theres always something to do, most of times. I've learned so many things not from just my co workers but also the doctors they are never too busy to help you or teach you something that you've never done before. My co workers were amazing! I definitely miss most of them. However, there were times in which I did feel that boundary between some of them such as ok you work here I'll help you but dont talk to me or if for them who have more experience know something and youre asking for help sometimes they can be brutes about it which is the downside, even if it is just about 3 or 4 out of the staff from 10 or so. The hardest part of working there I would say was that every month when we had our monthly meeting I always felt that they were mounting us with more work than we can handle and some would rush thru it. Not only that but also the fact that each MA would work with one provider that was good and also bad. Good because it gave us more experience to manage our time according to levels of importance but at the same time less time to go into detail with each patient. Also the fact that they wanted us to work with one provider some of them needed alot of labs, tests to be done and with only just one of us it was too much we had to help each other out which is good, but times we'd get in trouble, or we would ask for someone to help as a float but wouldn't always receive that. The part I enjoyed the most about  more... working there was that I got to experience most of these things with new friends, regular people trying to fulfill our dreams. Also seeing each patient repeteadly was good we got to know each individual, most of them are open with you and share that bond and confidence. Going into the management department I do believe that there could be more improvement in that area. Personally speaking, organization would be the thing that the location I was working with lacked the most along with trust and communication with each of the team.  less
Pros
free lunch at times, mostly busy, fun co workers
Cons
per diems no benefits
flexible
Lead Medical Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 29, 2015
wonderful staff, staff always strives for the best for the patients. management needs to step up for their staff more. very flexible hours
IT Specialist/Computer System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 6, 2015
Non-profit organization is the key element to remember in regards to Vista Community Clinic and the turn over rate is extremely high. Three IT Specialists for over 800 plus employees that are involved in many a large scale projects with very little to no help.
Fast paced environment with lack of efficient direction from management
Registered Nurse, Family and Pediatric Medicine (Current Employee) –  VistaSeptember 11, 2012
The RN desk receives constant phone calls regarding medications, or requiring triage as well as in office triage of walk-in patients. I assist physicians in medical procedures as well as patient teachings. I have improved upon my organizational skills and my efficient and direct way to maintain a calm environment amidst some chaos. Management is lacking and therefore overall effiency and consistant procedure is inadequate, which is the most difficult aspect of my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is educating, communicating and caring for the patients either in house or on the phone.
Pros
i enjoy my coworkers and nursing responsibilities
Cons
lack of management
great experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAMay 26, 2014
while working at this clinic I worked with under privileged families but provided the best possible medical care for preventive medicine such as well baby check ups to vaccinations to acute care for adults as well as children. It was a small clinic so we all worked very closely together like a little family. The hardest part about my job was the long hours and over time that was put in just to meet everyone's needs. the most enjoyable part was meeting those needs.
Fun with the young team
Database Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJuly 16, 2015
It was fun to work with some of the professionals. I acquired my NextGen Certified Professional through the course of employment here. I am grateful for that opportunity.
Made lots of friends with other co-workers in diferent departments
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAApril 9, 2014
Really learned a lot in Vista Community Clinic, I worked in different departments which includes, OB/GYN, Screener for family planning, family Medicine, and Pediatrics. Became familiar with procedures and minor surgical procedures. Learned to work as a team and helped each other so it would make an easier flow. When busy I would stay late at night doing overtime most of the time this was the down side of this job. The good part of this job learned while working,and made friends.
Pros
own big lunch room, lunches provided by various representatives.
Cons
it was state funded did not earn alot.
Friendly environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAFebruary 25, 2013
The Vista Community Clinic is the place to work if you are interested in getting to know your community's health needs and finding a way to meet those needs. The programs at the clinic are designed to educate target populations that are sometimes lost or forgotten.
Working for The Vista Community Clinic was a job that I absolutely loved.
Great place to work best co workers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJanuary 14, 2015
I enjoyed working as a team everyone very helpful best doctors willing to teach us new things, co workers helpful. got to learn new procedures and techniques
Great Place to work
Medical Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CADecember 22, 2014
I would recommend this job to friends and family who may be looking for position. They had great verbal communication and organization and workflow was good.. Just a busy environment.
fun workplace
Operator 1/receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJanuary 18, 2015
enjoyable, great place to work while attending college, i liked working there
patient registration
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Vista, CADecember 15, 2013
Greet and check in patients thru nextgen system. In the past 2 months I have learned a lot specially the nextgen system. I have learned to schedule and cancel appointments in this system. I have great co-workers. I really enjoy working with all the staff,
fun & challenge to work @ the clinic, is interesting
Operator 1 and medical records (Current Employee) –  Vista, CADecember 7, 2012
you always learn something different every day, is never the same, due to patient problems or issue
Pros
free luch
Cons
short breaks

4.2