Vista Health System Employee Reviews

Great place, friendly team environment, patient focused
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vista EastAugust 3, 2016
I am very happy at Vista! Every member of the team here is friendly. Management works well together. Many advancement opportunities available. I recommend either apply at Vista or coming here for your care or your loved ones care.
Pros
Communication of leadership and frontline staff
Cons
they work you hard and they dont care about you
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJune 7, 2016
The competence of the organization is the worst I've ever seen in the healthcare industry. The pay is good 4 the surrounding Healthcare Systems in the area however you work 3 times as hard as you would in any other Health Care system. They do not care about their employees they will work you until you drop. The benefits are the worst I've ever seen in any health care System. Nobody that works for Vista is team orientated everyone is out for themselves so get used to being stabbed in the back from every direction.
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
Hands on work is expected by all from the top down.
Business Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMarch 23, 2014
The days fly by quickly, I may have an appearance in court, a team meeting or conference call and customer service phone calls to return. Paperwork includes alot of analytical review of documents for completion and accuracy. Verifying charity status and validating amounts. Determining if an account is correctly going to bad debt. What I learned was the value of organization and being on good terms with your peers. Management varied greatly in skill set so I learned to be a self starter and push my own team. Coworkers are great people, but skill sets also vary greatly. The hardest part of the job was working with the few who were not team players. The most enjoyable part was working with the majority who were team players.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Manual processes
Great
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILDecember 18, 2015
Mostly transporting nursing home patients to the hospital or to dialysis. Good group of emts and medics. Was a great place to work at
Vista needs to create psych programming for inpatient to best provide for patients
Psych tech (Former Employee) –  WaukeganAugust 13, 2014
When I was vista, I was hired as a psych tech. Shifts are stable but the management has high turn over and a lot of the techs and nurses are burnt out. Staff gossip, but this is typical of any hospital.
Pros
Good experience in inpatient setting, shift differentials
Cons
Lack of staff training on how to lead groups and working with psych patients
Vista Good place to work
Medical Technologist (Generalist) (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMarch 5, 2013
I love to work on this place.Nice, management and supervisor. Enjoyable part is you learn everyday new things in your professsion and keeps you busy. There is no hardest part I see in this job but the only peoblem is they pay less. But people are nice and love to work on this place if they pay reasonable.
Pros
learn lot new things everyday
Cons
coparably less pay

Vista Health System Reviews by Location