Vista Health System Employee Reviews

Unbelievably poor management
MLT (ASCP) (Current Employee) –  labSeptember 19, 2017
This is the most ironic thing I have ever heard in my life. They very calculatingly run off the dependable, loyal local employees to the point they are now staffing the lab with expensive, out-of-town, temporary travel techs who are contracted for 12 weeks and must be trained and know they are not going to stay here so they don't care anything about the hospital or the patients. They are being paid significantly more than the regular employees and the regular employees are so tired and fed up they are to the point of not caring. there is no secretary, short on phlebotomists, short on techs, short on management that knows what they are doing and all this controlled by a CNO and HR director who have no knowledge of the lab and need to retire or be retired themselves. the best thing about the job was your co-workers, kind of like your fellow warriors. the worst part was administration and management. there are maybe 4 of the original lab personnel left and the rest are untrained and contracted because no one else will work there. local techs who live 5 minutes away will drive an hour to work somewhere else. that should tell you something.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no breaks, stressful, terrible shifts, low pay
Poor management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Critical careSeptember 9, 2017
Poor management. You will be the first one they throw under the bus. If things go well, they'll take the credit, even though they had no direct input. But if there's a problem, they'll point their figure in your direction. These mgrs are coated in Teflon, nothing sticks. As for compensation, not really competitive as compared to other hospitals in the surrounding area. Their healthcare coverage is lousy. High premiums & high deductibles and covers nothing. But to be fair, all the other area hospitals insurance is lousy too.
Pros
Let me think, maybe lunch?
Cons
Poor management and compensation
Stressful place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILAugust 8, 2017
I don't recommend this place even to my worst enemy. Doctors gossip about staff and management always takes physician side since they have seniority. Never again!
fun
Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMay 23, 2017
great, amazing, great place to work the people there are friendly and welling to help. There is always room to improve and move up. they encourage the works to continue to learn and grow
Good People
Psych Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 11, 2017
I got to work with a variety of different patients in an environment where I felt we really made a difference in their lives. Great group of people to work for and with.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Understaffed from time to time.
Great place, friendly team environment, patient focused
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vista EastAugust 3, 2016
I am very happy at Vista! Every member of the team here is friendly. Management works well together. Many advancement opportunities available. I recommend either apply at Vista or coming here for your care or your loved ones care.
Pros
Communication of leadership and frontline staff
Cons
they work you hard and they dont care about you
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJune 7, 2016
The competence of the organization is the worst I've ever seen in the healthcare industry. The pay is good 4 the surrounding Healthcare Systems in the area however you work 3 times as hard as you would in any other Health Care system. They do not care about their employees they will work you until you drop. The benefits are the worst I've ever seen in any health care System. Nobody that works for Vista is team orientated everyone is out for themselves so get used to being stabbed in the back from every direction.
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
Great
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILDecember 18, 2015
Mostly transporting nursing home patients to the hospital or to dialysis. Good group of emts and medics. Was a great place to work at
Rewarding while gaining good work and hospital experiance
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMay 1, 2015
A typical day at work would be managing and maintaining public safety to the public and staff. Our main daily duties are conducting patrols of the hospital and deescalating situations that may arise with conflicted patients towards the staff.
Pros
Good overtime
Cons
Short staff, long hours
Vista needs to create psych programming for inpatient to best provide for patients
Psych tech (Former Employee) –  WaukeganAugust 13, 2014
When I was vista, I was hired as a psych tech. Shifts are stable but the management has high turn over and a lot of the techs and nurses are burnt out. Staff gossip, but this is typical of any hospital.
Pros
Good experience in inpatient setting, shift differentials
Cons
Lack of staff training on how to lead groups and working with psych patients
Hands on work is expected by all from the top down.
Business Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMarch 23, 2014
The days fly by quickly, I may have an appearance in court, a team meeting or conference call and customer service phone calls to return. Paperwork includes alot of analytical review of documents for completion and accuracy. Verifying charity status and validating amounts. Determining if an account is correctly going to bad debt. What I learned was the value of organization and being on good terms with your peers. Management varied greatly in skill set so I learned to be a self starter and push my own team. Coworkers are great people, but skill sets also vary greatly. The hardest part of the job was working with the few who were not team players. The most enjoyable part was working with the majority who were team players.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Manual processes
Vista Good place to work
Medical Technologist (Generalist) (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMarch 5, 2013
I love to work on this place.Nice, management and supervisor. Enjoyable part is you learn everyday new things in your professsion and keeps you busy. There is no hardest part I see in this job but the only peoblem is they pay less. But people are nice and love to work on this place if they pay reasonable.
Pros
learn lot new things everyday
Cons
coparably less pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vista Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8