Vista Health Employee Reviews

Negative work environment
Needs Assessment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 7, 2018
I was a Therapist with Vista Health currently Vantage Point. Poor leadership, lack of opportunity for advancement, poor support and poor training/guidance
Not a great place to work
Registered Medical Assistant/Psych Tech (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 25, 2017
High stress level with no benefits and very low pay. There are too many teenagers with very little staff on that particular unit. There are way too many forms to fill out every shift, every day, on every patient, which leaves little time to actually pay attention to the patients themselves.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
stressful environment
Lack of employee moral support
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Barling, ARMarch 18, 2017
The culture of the company lacks friendliness. It has negative environment overall. The training I received for promotional job was inadequate and lack of support. Supervisor lacks involvement in training and seems to not care to help subordinates to be successful. She observes mainly and gets input from co-workers without getting feedback from employee in training.
Love it or hate it
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 12, 2017
I liked working there except for management. They always seemed to change policies that ended up making our jobs harder and almost punitive to the patients. Typical day for 3rd shift involves making sure all patients are in bed, checking on them every 15 minutes, sorting and filing medical records, light cleaning, making sure the patients have enough hygiene products for the morning, set out hygiene things for showers. Wake patients for meds and breakfast, escort them to breakfast or watch those restricted to the unit. Other shifts are very different. Day shift escorts patients to various group and individual activities.
Vista Health provided great services to kids in their Therapeutic Day Tx (TDT)
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARMay 30, 2016
Clients and families could receive unlimited services. This was exceptional! The pace was quick, but w/decent time mgnt. skills, it was not too difficult to keep up w/the pace. All co-workers were highly dedicated, skilled, and intelligent.
Pros
Good benefits. Hours are great.
Cons
Not enough clinical supervision
ER work, very busy and demanding.
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMay 16, 2016
Because this is an Emergency Room, the work was tedious and stressful. The hours were long and holiday and weekend work was mandatory. By me having a family with small children, I had to miss important Holidays and major life events. Other than that, the fast pace demanding workflow was great for keeping busy and staying productive.
Pros
Fast pace enviornment
Cons
Long hours, working holidays.
Very disappointing experience
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJuly 23, 2015
This was a very stressful time for all workers. The hospital was being sold, and many people didn't know they would continue to have jobs. My position was eliminated after a few months
Pros
the numerous people I came to know and work with
Cons
The hospital system was sold
Under staffed
Psych Tech/MA (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 9, 2015
You are responsible for everything that happens on that floor as a Tech, even if you are constantly understaffed and can't manage to be in multiple places at once.
Productive work environment
Owner (Current Employee) –  Seattle WaJanuary 21, 2015
Working out doors is a great experience and also using great gear adds flavor to an awesome job. Sporting Turfs opens doors to so many other career opportunities as well.
Overall it is a rewarding job at times.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARNovember 5, 2014
I feel it is time to move a new direction in my career. My co-workers are good to work with. The hardest part of my day is leaving things there. I have learned I can conquer just about anything.

Want to know more about Vista Health?

Ask a question
Staff mammographer (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILApril 16, 2014
Worked at different locations in the system, all good places to work
Behavioral Hospital
Housekeeping Sup./ Psych Tech (Former Employee) –  Barling, ARMarch 5, 2014
To assist patients with daily activities. The facility encourage the use of cooping skills to deal with problems. Worked with a pleasant treatment care team.

(During this time frame I work two different position after from returning from maternity leave I took a different position)
Pros
Witnessing the progress of patients achievements
Cons
Unable to help
High Stress and Rewards
Social Worker/Therapist (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, ARFebruary 17, 2014
There is a high stress rate here in this position, but the rewards are that you change lives. The pay and benefits are great for therapists, but it can stress you out with the patients.
Pros
pay, benefits, changing lives
Cons
long work hours, no appreciation for your hard work, and work load
Not the best place to work.
LEAD COOK (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ArkansasOctober 1, 2013
To many Management problems. The pay is not to bad could be better.
Great group to work with.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Van Buren, ARAugust 23, 2013
This group works well together. I have learned many new things about mental health by working in this office.
Still love my work.
Lead Therapist (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, Texas July 10, 2013
I look forward to helpig the teens I work with daily and I am efficient utilize good time management skills to get my work completed in a timely fashion and to regulatory expectations.
Making sure that patient have a clean room and enviroment in the hospital.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 4, 2013
You get to learn different ways to clean an area that you are working in to help it be a clean and safe place.
Not enough pay for all the physical and emotional stress.
Registered Medical Assistant/Psychiatric Tech (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 23, 2013
A typical day at work is escorting patients around the hospital, leading psychiatric groups, getting cussed out by patients, having to go hands on with an out of control patient.

Handling out of control patients with care.

The managment team don't communicate properly and they never give recognition.

The hardest part of working at Vista is the management and the curiculum they have for the patients is not in the patients best interest for their treatment.

The most enjoyable part of working for Vista is interacting and bonding with the patients.
Pros
Free meals
Productive, yet
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 4, 2013
Was a great place to work, but hours were murky and fellow employees weren't always friendly. Lots of interesting people passing through.
Pros
interesting work, open hours
Cons
lack of communication with upper management and lower employees
Productive and fun place to work
Integrated Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLDecember 31, 2012
great place to work, I enjoy working with a dedicated group of people a typical day at work is busy.
Pros
yearly bonus
Cons
company is divided