Vista Employee Reviews

high stress an fast paced work environment
Sushi Chef (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 24, 2017
Was a great place to get sushi work experience it is a high pressure work environment so you must be willing to to take the good with the bad in order to work here. Even though the hours are long the food is great an an the employees are good people an fun to work with.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not a place with communication skills
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMarch 30, 2017
it has alzheimers patients but the employess here dont help they are really care less about the residents and rarely ask for advice about what we think
Pros
schedule
Cons
the employess
superior knowledge of electrical feild.
Adjunct Instructor of Electricity (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 20, 2016
Good place to work. Good people to work with and much support.
plenty of extra training to help you improve in your performance.
people are very knowledgeable with much experience.
Pros
compensation is good.
Cons
far from home.
company strange as can be
turret driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 23, 2016
Company seem to be ran by employees on 1st shift and not by management.

The people seem to think, that if you are not on 1st you are a sub-human .
Management was pathetic
Instructor (part-time) (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 28, 2016
A lot of dissention at the top, throwing people under the bus and making borderline illegal requests of employees. Poorly educated staff in positions that they were not qualified for and a total lack of training. I saw people that were made fun of because they did have educational credentials. Example was starting a phlebotomy class and the instructor was not qualified to teach it and did not know how to draw blood.
The campus director always dressed out of GQ and stayed in his office-he was totally incompetent and unable to manage but he looked nice.
Pros
there was some really good people who cared about the students
Cons
the top brass on campus and at corporate did not care and allowed things to fester
Fun work place
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Reidsville, NCApril 25, 2016
The job was amazing.. the driving however, was ok. I would have liked to have made more per mile, but I loved my time there.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
driving time
Great Place to Work
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILMarch 6, 2016
This is a great place to work. The executive leadership is inspiring. There are a lot of jobs for potential work overseas.
Productive workplace
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Seat Pleasant, MDFebruary 15, 2016
The most enjoyable part of this job is having the freedom to work with minimum supervision. I work independently on a daily basis and use my own vehicle.
Pros
Flexable work hours
Cons
N/a
A different kind of workplace
Youth Mentor (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTDecember 16, 2015
There is no typical day at work here, clients can have a good effect on you and vice versa. You might cause them to have a good day too.
Pros
Free food, never boring
Cons
No breaks
Was able to meet with and work with aging individuals who could not find government help on their own. Very rewarding.
Americorps Outreach Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALDecember 16, 2015
I travelled between two rural Alabama counties to meet with low income and senior citizens needing government help.

The most difficult part of the job was finding the senior citizen community centers in different towns.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the folks and making them feel connected to the proper government department.

Working with my bosses, who taught me about government services and support, and encouraged me to want to continue in public service.
Pros
Meeting all staffs in outlying offices and within my personal group.
Cons
Low income and traveling on unknown rural roads.
long hrs.
Assembler02 (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDNovember 11, 2015
Unfortunately I myself did not have the best experiences with this company. Hand injury within my first 90 days fired for taking a prescribed med. within 24 hours of work.
Great place to work and Lead. Difficult to get support of parent company.
Director - Vista Operations (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 7, 2015
Enjoyable and rewarding place to work and lead. The business is outside companies core strenght and can lead to frustration in charting the coarse for success.
Pros
independance
Cons
the step child of the business
Slow to get going but with determination we served the children well.
Community Development Specialist, Americorp (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 4, 2015
It was the AmeriCorp Vista Program. It is like the Peace Corps for inside the United States. We organized the Rolling Readers program to improve children's reading levels. We also had a book drive and gave away 100 books.
Pros
Liked helping children improve their reading skills.
Cons
Low pay
Productive when the right people were working
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSAugust 17, 2015
typical day of work was to do my job and make sure everyone else was doing there job. Managers were usually fairly lazy and didn't do much work. Co-workers most liked to watch one or two people work so they could look at there phones. The hardest part of the job was going to work everyday. The most enjoyable part of the day was getting to work with a few of the productive employees
Pros
were flexible with my school schedual
Cons
lazy workers and managers
Excellent Serice Provider
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, CTJuly 15, 2015
Vista is a non-profit company that trains young adults with developmental issues to lead independent lives. The company does good work and is run very well. Compensation is poor and no room for advancement.
Pros
Management, vision
Cons
Salary, advancement
Americorp VISTA Birmingham AL
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham ALMay 31, 2015
Created and conducted employment workshops for people who were unemployed and transitioning to another career. Partnered with other employment services, employers, and businesses to create job paths. Worked with seniors, formerly incarcerated individual, people in recovery to overcome obstacles to employment. this was an Americorp VISTA position and I was required to live on a poverty stipend while on assignment. My site manager was open to anything reasonable I wanted to try. I learned how to partner with community organizations more effectively help more people.
Pros
I did creative work, learned a lot, and was appreciated
Cons
Required Living in poverty.
E5 in the US Navy
NP (Former Employee) –  Everett WAMarch 23, 2015
Great for experience. If traveling is something you are into, then the Navy is the place for you. You will meet lots of great people and learn lots of great thing that will help you though out your life.
Great possiblities, lack of leadership.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  UtahMarch 9, 2015
They have great potential, but they lack leadership. Potential Issues are not dealt with, but left alone. One or two real leaders could take that company from 4th in the county to 1st.
Pros
Relaxed Atmosphere
Cons
Leadership is non-existent.
Flood Relief Volunteer
Flood Relief Worker (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 28, 2015
VISTA is now known as Americorps. It is a great organization that allows young people the opportunity to serve their country in a different capacity than the military. Community service is just as admirable and important as military service. I am glad to have served as a VISTA.
it was awesome experience
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 20, 2014
It was a fulfilling experience or I would not have served two terms.