Vista

Vista Employee Reviews

E5 in the US Navy
NP (Former Employee), Everett WAMarch 23, 2015
Great for experience. If traveling is something you are into, then the Navy is the place for you. You will meet lots of great people and learn lots of great thing that will help you though out your life.
Great possiblities, lack of leadership.
Recruiter (Former Employee), UtahMarch 9, 2015
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: leadership is non-existent.
They have great potential, but they lack leadership. Potential Issues are not dealt with, but left alone. One or two real leaders could take that company from 4th in the county to 1st.
Flood Relief Volunteer
Flood Relief Worker (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAFebruary 28, 2015
VISTA is now known as Americorps. It is a great organization that allows young people the opportunity to serve their country in a different capacity than the military. Community service is just as admirable and important as military service. I am glad to have served as a VISTA.
good company
Volunteer in Service (Former Employee), Marks MsFebruary 26, 2015
Great company to work at enjoyed the environment. The supervisor was caring and great at what they did.Great company to work at enjoyed the environment. The supervisor was caring and great at what they did
xyz
Staffing Supervisor (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CADecember 1, 2014
The delivers total display solutions that create unrivaled immersion and engagement. Combining groundbreaking hardware, software and services, we are revolutionizing the
world of large scale displays.
it was awesome experience
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSOctober 20, 2014
It was a fulfilling experience or I would not have served two terms.
Productive Work for your Community
Volunteer (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAAugust 4, 2014
Great opportunity to do community service and give back to the community! I enjoyed working with impoverished youth and bettering their community!
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALApril 8, 2014
A typical day consisted of volunteering in the community. We had girls from different schools in Tuscaloosa involved in the organization.
Productive and educational environment
Volunteer In Service To America (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches, nice people, helped lots of communities
Cons: late meetings
a typical day as a VISTA is on the phone and online trying to get donation to start wonderful programs to help resources low income communities on the poverty levels. My site manager Lucas Cabrera was supper nice, knowledgeable, and thought me so much. The co-workers at VISTA were so nice we always help each other out I really enjoyed working with the other employees at VISTA.
Producive Workplace--always busy
Diesel Locomotive Remanufacturing Team Leader (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAMarch 15, 2014
Pros: bonus, overtime
Rebuilt diesel locomotive train engines--specifically GE and EMD. Within two years, I became the Engine Shop Team Leader. As the Team Leader, I consistently met Vista’s engine quota each month. In order to meet the monthly quota, I managed inventory, set daily goals for employees. Due to increasing demand, I launched first and second shift, planned, coordinated, and managed each shift’s production. Accepted responsibility for overseeing the locomotive testing and results at third party site. Ability to interpret and maintain documents such as procedure manuals, blueprints, maintenance instructions, schematics and drawings. Significant knowledge of mechanical maintenance. I enjoyed working hard and every challenging task. There was ample overtime available.

Unfortunately, the engine contract was not renewed. The engine shop closed. As a result, I was laid off. I miss Vista. Vista was a good company.
Vista
Fraud Prevention (Former Employee), Tigard, ORJanuary 4, 2014
This was a great job, Great Management, the only reason I left was for better pay, I wish I kept this job.
Loved the mission of a VISTA
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Muskogee, OKDecember 27, 2013
I received a lot of training while being a VISTA, and learned a lot of things about myself during this period.
door to door
Team Leader/ trainer (Former Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 26, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: time
a door to door job is always on the worker you can go out there and make some money or you can call in sick
Fun workplace with smart and friendly people
Writer (Former Employee), Edmond, OKNovember 7, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, networking
Cons: difficult to get paid.
Typical newsroom with lots of deadlines and people rushing around constantly. Overall a good place to get a feel for the real world newsroom.
Entertaining
Vista Summer Associate (Former Employee), Waynesville, MOOctober 16, 2013
You get to work with people in all different age groups. Also you can work in doors or outdoors.
Always something new or different
Americorp Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 14, 2013
Pros: the fullfillment of the position.
Cons: the position last for just a certain duration of time.
I enjoyed the diversity of duties in this position and it was one of my most rewarding positions. Working in various communities with people of different backgrounds while trying to implement resident inatitives.
Great Experience
Professional Development in Volunteer Services (Current Employee), Elizabeth City, NCSeptember 16, 2013
It was a great chance to gain detailed professional experience. I love building new partnerships for the organization and writing grants. Keeping the organization in compliance with State and Federal regulations gave me a great deal of responsibilities and a sense that I was trusted with the organization future.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2013
Working in customer service has been helpful in learning new techniques to use both while helping customers and in everyday life. For instance, using a smile in my tone of voice and presenting good body language helps show customers and regular people that you are listening and that you do care about the issues at hand.
Great way to serve your community.
Intern (Current Employee), Irving, TXJuly 1, 2013
Pros: wonderful people and experience.
Cons: pay is low.
I love being a VISTA but the pay is low and the summer VISTA program makes it hard to transition to a full time position with a company.
Productive and great position for those looking to gain insight on administrative duties and also helping fellow Americans.
Volunteer In Service To America (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 21, 2013
Pros: free lunches, travel, camaraderie, experience
Cons: limited span of work
Typically a VISTA associate works for an assigned firm and once placed you work with whoever the hiring manager deems needs more outside help. Essentially learned the guidelines to working in a small-medium office as well as learning about community initiatives. The best part of the job was knowing that I was helping further a noble cause and the intangible rewards that came from this.