Vista

Vista Employer Reviews

Productive and educational environment
Volunteer In Service To America (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches, nice people, helped lots of communities
Cons: late meetings
a typical day as a VISTA is on the phone and online trying to get donation to start wonderful programs to help resources low income communities on the poverty levels. My site manager Lucas Cabrera was supper nice, knowledgeable, and thought me so much. The co-workers at VISTA were so nice we always help each other out I really enjoyed working with the – more... other employees at VISTA. – less
Producive Workplace--always busy
Diesel Locomotive Remanufacturing Team Leader (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAMarch 15, 2014
Pros: bonus, overtime
Rebuilt diesel locomotive train engines--specifically GE and EMD. Within two years, I became the Engine Shop Team Leader. As the Team Leader, I consistently met Vista’s engine quota each month. In order to meet the monthly quota, I managed inventory, set daily goals for employees. Due to increasing demand, I launched first and second shift, planned, – more... coordinated, and managed each shift’s production. Accepted responsibility for overseeing the locomotive testing and results at third party site. Ability to interpret and maintain documents such as procedure manuals, blueprints, maintenance instructions, schematics and drawings. Significant knowledge of mechanical maintenance. I enjoyed working hard and every challenging task. There was ample overtime available.

Unfortunately, the engine contract was not renewed. The engine shop closed. As a result, I was laid off. I miss Vista. Vista was a good company. – less
Vista
Fraud Prevention (Former Employee), Tigard, ORJanuary 4, 2014
This was a great job, Great Management, the only reason I left was for better pay, I wish I kept this job.
Loved the mission of a VISTA
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Muskogee, OKDecember 27, 2013
I received a lot of training while being a VISTA, and learned a lot of things about myself during this period.
door to door
Team Leader/ trainer (Former Employee), Sacramento, CANovember 26, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: time
a door to door job is always on the worker you can go out there and make some money or you can call in sick
Fun workplace with smart and friendly people
Writer (Former Employee), Edmond, OKNovember 7, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, networking
Cons: difficult to get paid.
Typical newsroom with lots of deadlines and people rushing around constantly. Overall a good place to get a feel for the real world newsroom.
Entertaining
Vista Summer Associate (Former Employee), Waynesville, MOOctober 16, 2013
You get to work with people in all different age groups. Also you can work in doors or outdoors.
Always something new or different
Americorp Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 14, 2013
Pros: the fullfillment of the position.
Cons: the position last for just a certain duration of time.
I enjoyed the diversity of duties in this position and it was one of my most rewarding positions. Working in various communities with people of different backgrounds while trying to implement resident inatitives.
Great Experience
Professional Development in Volunteer Services (Current Employee), Elizabeth City, NCSeptember 16, 2013
It was a great chance to gain detailed professional experience. I love building new partnerships for the organization and writing grants. Keeping the organization in compliance with State and Federal regulations gave me a great deal of responsibilities and a sense that I was trusted with the organization future.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2013
Working in customer service has been helpful in learning new techniques to use both while helping customers and in everyday life. For instance, using a smile in my tone of voice and presenting good body language helps show customers and regular people that you are listening and that you do care about the issues at hand.
Great way to serve your community.
Intern (Current Employee), Irving, TXJuly 1, 2013
Pros: wonderful people and experience.
Cons: pay is low.
I love being a VISTA but the pay is low and the summer VISTA program makes it hard to transition to a full time position with a company.
Productive and great position for those looking to gain insight on administrative duties and also helping fellow Americans.
Volunteer In Service To America (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 21, 2013
Pros: free lunches, travel, camaraderie, experience
Cons: limited span of work
Typically a VISTA associate works for an assigned firm and once placed you work with whoever the hiring manager deems needs more outside help. Essentially learned the guidelines to working in a small-medium office as well as learning about community initiatives. The best part of the job was knowing that I was helping further a noble cause and the intangible – more... rewards that came from this. – less
No Review
Leader (Former Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: community outreach, helping others, is very rewarding.
Cons: annual contractual position and the compensation package is not competitive.
As a United Way-AmeriCorps VISTA Leader (Volunteer-in-Service-to-America) my duties include but are not limited to Mediation and Conflict Resolution-maintain a congenial atmosphere, serve as a third-party arbitrator to resolve subordinates’ work related conflicts. Leaders set an example of leadership for AmeriCorps VISTA members, ensure positive relations, – more... facilitate idea-sharing, and mediate issues with the community, the project, supervisors, and AmeriCorps VISTA members. Most enjoyable part of the job is creating a paperless H.R. management system using Microsoft Access and Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 and applying analytical and strategic problem solving skills. – less
Was not that great.
Produce Team Member (Former Employee), Vista Ridge, TXJanuary 24, 2013
The management at this Target in particular was sub-par. They were not understanding if a person was sick or was injured. My co-workers in other departments were great but in my produce department they were worthless.
Favorable work experience
Director of Marketing (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COJuly 6, 2012
Pros: strong character in leadership of company
Cons: economy affecting growth of company
Professional IT Company well respected by industry partners.
great work place
Maintenance supervisor (Former Employee), vero beach flMay 5, 2012
loved working here people were nice and just a great company
work work till its done
Order Puller (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLMarch 30, 2012
Pros: all way know what i was doing
Cons: some time long days
the night would start out with a crew meeting and the we would all move on to pulling the orders
Very good company to work for
Concurrent Review nurse (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLFebruary 15, 2012
Pros: able to manage my own time
Cons: not much to complain about
I enjoyed my experience as a field worker. The environment was very pleasant. Everyone had one goal in mind and that being a close net family and take care of our customers. We strived hard to keep the cost of insurance a a reasonale and profitable rate.
First JOB little bit harder to understand
server manager and feculty (Former Employee), ChandigarhMay 24, 2014
Managing of servers and training the students
a mixed life a
Mumbai
SERVER (Former Employee), MumbaiApril 12, 2014
I am working with HCL infosystems LTD.
I am Learning in that company about all kind of computer hardware.
The management of the company was very well.
My colleagus in company was very helpfull.
Travling was most enjoable movment for me when I worked there.