Vistana Signature Experiences Employee Reviews

not the best
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CADecember 7, 2017
I worked at the westin desert willow villas in palm desert loved it but couldn't stand what was going on. I was forced to work on my 10 minute breaks, in fact I never had a 10 minute break at all in my time there. Managers played favorites and intimidatEd others for personal gain. Many times if I had a problem or question and asked my manager she would look at me like I was stupid or would get upset if I asked I difficultlyrics phrased question. overall I wish I never worked here
Pros
free food, relaxed rules
Cons
managers have favoritism, intimidation by mangers, managers feeding into gossip
Fun place
Engineering 3 (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLAugust 29, 2017
You will not get any promotion even if you are qualify and educated and you have all licenses and certificates
Too much corruption under table business with the contractors
100 % of managers and supervisors have no USA license or certification
Most of them don't speak English
Used to be better
Vacation Planning Counselor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 18, 2017
This job requires that you be a subject matter expert on a product that has so many different features and applications. You have to know about HOA's and how they operate and do their billing, you have to know about exchange companies, you have to know a little bit about hotels, flights, car rentals, etc., etc.

Basically, you're a travel agent with lower pay.
Pros
Stable company, great product
Cons
Lack of schedule flexibility, poor upper level leadership, low pay for what you're actually doing
Productive, fun, great benefits and comission
Owner Referral Clerk (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 15, 2016
Great fun place to work at. Hard working team and dedicated to achieving goals. Constantly trained and well informed about the product so we could sell vacation packages for in-bound customers.
Pros
Great benefits, free entrance to theme parks, comission, paid travel to Universal in California for getting more knowledge, and experiencing it personally to better sell product.
Cons
High call volumes, sometimes having to work more than 10 hours a day.
Limited advancement opportunities
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2016
Limited advancement opportunities for any inside employee to the company. Guest services associates are required to take on multiple tasks as well as juggle multiple programs while on telephone calls. Workplace environment was friendly with co-workers but limited with management. Difficult situations such as limited information provided by management to complete daily job duties made it hard to do the job correctly. Most enjoyable part about this job was interacting with guests over telephone calls and assisting them with their needs on site and off site.
Great work environment/ management team
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Beaver Creek, COAugust 31, 2016
I really enjoy working with my team leaders. Its a very competitive environment, as any sales floor can be. Huddle at 7:15am every day with prior day sales review and rotation. Get office set up for presentations, wait for tours to show and do 90 minute owner and non owner product benefit review. Inventory manager turn and contract paperwork. The job can be very rewarding and challenging at the same time. The hardest part of the job is it can be very nuanced. One month, you might be incredibly successful, while the next may not be as such. Managing your expectations and keeping it fun is the key to being a timeshare salesperson. Incredible sales training environment.
Pros
Sales training that is unrivaled.
Cons
Family atmosphere, everyone is willing to help
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 3, 2016
Vistana Signature Experience is a great company and the best I've worked for. The Management is very nice and they make it seem like they really want you to grow. Co-workers are also awesome everyone is on your side and really cool. The only thing negative I have to say is that there is so much information and people ready to help you learn it can become overwhelming. If you do not have a manager that is good at directing you or having a specific plan on how they want you to sell then it's easy to become confused. Other than that great company!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vistana Signature Experiences. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3