Vistar Employee Reviews

Good work experience
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 3, 2017
Loved working there and the management . Good benefits . It's a stable job . I never had an issue there . Stress free work environment. I always got my 40 hours weekely . There is always work .
Hostile, Limited Training, Insane Workload
Account Executive/Sales (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 27, 2017
The workload and expectations for account execs is unreal and unattainable. Management is unavailable for help yet holds you accountable if you don't ask for help - but you will still have to figure things out on your own. Lot's of customer complaints as well.
Good place to work.
Class A Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJune 17, 2017
I do enjoy working here. This company seems to be going through some growing pains which are coming at a very high rate do to the inflow of new customers verses staff requirements.
good company to work for
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJJune 8, 2017
typical day runs 9 to 10 hrs until work is complete. hardest part of the job is picking theater orders. most enjoyable part of the job is the general atmosphere of the warehouse.management is good and fair as far as warehouse manager and the operations manager go. however, general manager does not listen to suggetions to improve the work environment so some things are a little unorganized and out dated
Pros
free lunches on occasion, bonuses for good production and quality
Remember your roots
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 27, 2017
I will never forget my experience here. This is the place where I learned to give respect to those in this field who can pick up 2,000 cases a night to support their families. This job is not for everyone, it takes a special breed of person to do this daily.
great company to work for
Customer Service Rep. Glendale AZ - Retail store (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 28, 2017
Vistar Auto glass was a merger between US auto Glass an Windshields America. Two highly competitive companied having to learn to work together and make a fabulous company to be proud of. I feel it was accomplished and the n it merged with safelite.
Pros
Great standards great people and pay
Cons
merged with safelite and all was taken away
productive
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSApril 24, 2017
They keep you steady throughout the day. The time goes by quite quickly. Pulling orders to load trucks from day to day work load. When we work on Saturdays, they will treat. We normally just work Monday thru Friday.
Pros
treat lunch on weekends
Cons
only get a thirty minute lunch
Everybody was very friendly, making for a good environment.
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 9, 2017
Worked the swing shift. Typical night was pulling orders on a electric pallet-jack in the freezer section. We could work anywhere from 5:00 pm to 1:30 to 5:00 am. Friendly environment.
Bad place to work
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMarch 5, 2017
Bad management and bad supervisors do not have any good organization and don't care about the rights of the people in this place do not know what to say to you.
fast paced but very casual dressing
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 2, 2017
This job required use of body because the job include moving fast on your feet and using your body to load boxes on pallets and shrink wrapping these items. you were able to wear comfortable close but if you were using electric pallet jack you need to wear safety boots.
Pros
sometimes they provide lunch for employees
Cons
its early morning work but it goes fast
Sales
Area Sales Manager, ROMA Foods (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 8, 2017
built Nashville region and when we got big they hired a new sales rep and split the area. I worked hard to produce sales for them and I felt I had it taken away from me
Learned alot in short amount of time
Will Call (Current Employee) –  NYJanuary 24, 2017
Well rounded, everyone working together being its a smaller opco.flexible with time off, feeling apart of something,learning alot of different positions which helps further you in the compnay.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
not paid enough
Micromanagement
Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Vistar Northwest Portland, ORJanuary 6, 2017
Vistar as a whole is a good company, however each individual operating location has its own management. Vistar NW in Portland OR has a newer, ineffective leader, who has fostered a poor working environment, and while there are effective managers/supervisors most are poorly suited to their positions, and struggle as leaders. Drivers and warehouse associates are mostly above average and hold on to a strong pride developed by prior management. It was a difficult decision to leave this company.
Pros
Many excellent associates.
Cons
Opco President is an inneffictive leader.
Good secure job
Selector (Current Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJDecember 9, 2016
Job security is strong with this company. People always go to the movies and use hotels. Main down side is you start at a specific time, but work until the work is done. The hours range between 50 to 65 per week.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Too much overtime
Great
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 8, 2016
I enjoyed my time there.Great co workers. Great work environment. Management was excellent. They valued your opinion. Nobody was bigger than nobody, Fun place to work
material handler
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 8, 2016
I made ice and ride the riding pallet jack and I lov e the manger but didn't like my co workers because they lied on me so tryied stay a way from drama., but the hard part was so hot .
Warehouse
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 3, 2016
Evening Shift, start time 5.30 pm until work is done. Typically 2-4 am. Lots of coworkers. Many departments, dry and freezer. Weekends off or start Sunday late. Good incentive for employees.
Pros
lots of hours, good pay, weekends off, incentive
Cons
Freezer work
Warm and Fuzzy type work place.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDOctober 3, 2016
My work experience with Vistar was wonderful. I really have no complaints. The employees along with the management team made it a great place to work. Really a family environment.
Pros
Cons
Health Care, warm environment
Learned to be a team player
Merchandise Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 26, 2016
Always learning on job training and was always given time to expand on my skills. Learned from several co-workers about organization and how to apply those skills for future departments and my career.
Fast pace work, plenty of overtime
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 17, 2016
I learned many skills at this location, including training skills, warehouse safety, driving a forklift and people's skills. Management at this location always plan accordingly.