Visteon Corporation

Visteon Corporation Employer Reviews

Open environment, very nice place to work
Sr Supplier Performance Engineer (Current Employee), VanBuren Twp, MIApril 22, 2014
A well managed company and always looking ahead and adjusting the policies as needed
no longer exists
Purchasing Intern (Former Employee), Detroit, MINovember 24, 2013
this company no longer exists. It went bankrupt. I was an intern with this company so I am not familiar with it's role any more.
Great place to work for
Co-op Student (Current Employee), MIOctober 30, 2013
Over the course of my year stay with Visteon, I found the environment friendly and conducive of healthy growth as a professional. I learned a lot from the engineers I worked with, and the management was knowledgeable and helpful.
Best staff ever had pleasure of knowing
Medical Director (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 4, 2013
Co-workers were excellent and fun to work with-both physical therapy office and company infirmary.
Technical Expertise Building
Business Planner (Former Employee), Van Buren Township, MISeptember 9, 2013
Pros: the visteon village was newly built and had top of the line facilites and technical support.
Cons: my commute on average was one hour and twenty minutes or more and longer during winter months
Visteon was another company that spun off from Ford Motor. I was new to the automotive industry. My prior position was a Pension Accountant for a local city. I had many challenges coming up to speed on products and manufacturing processes.

I enjoyed developing continuous process improvements in global cost reductions activities; Climate Control Make – more... verses Buy strategies and expanding new Nissan OEM business. I looked forward to international travel.

The hardest part of my job was establishing a change control process and quote development for the new OEM Nissan business. There was not an established engineering release system or payment process.

I enjoy cross-functional team leadership. Management was supportive and expressive on recognizing skills. – less
Its because of the people
Global Senior IT Manager, Application Development (Current Employee), VanBuren TWSP, MISeptember 4, 2013
Pros: salary, location
Cons: job security
I have worked for Visteon since it started. The main reason I enjoy working there is because of the people. I enjoy the challenges and the opportunities to make a difference on a daily bases. It's rewarding to work through projects, support, and lifecycles for many applications within Visteon. I have experiences the manufacturing floor and understand – more... the inter-workings between people, processes, and applications. – less
Great Place to work
Project Manager L2, L3, L4 (Former Employee), MIAugust 29, 2013
Pros: global projects, coworkers
Cons: management
A typical day is busy. Learned a lot from coworkers and management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with smart coworkers.
no fun at all.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Saline, MIAugust 27, 2013
Pros: the company is disolving itself
Cons: benefits were decent
Management: I can not think of any thing good to say so therefore I select not to rate the company at all.

stressful due to continual layoffs
Lead Requirements Engineer (Former Employee), van buren twp, MIJune 26, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: most jobs overseas
Most jobs are overseas. Should just work there if you are willing to move overseas.
The best company that I ever had the oppurtunity to be a part of.
Handyman Maintenance (Former Employee), Worcester, PAJune 22, 2013
Pros: the relaxed nature of the facility.
Cons: the plant closed its doors march, 2010
This company was a joy to work for because I grew with the company. When I started working there, we did not know each other. It was like being in high school all over again. After 27 years, these people became my brothers and sisters and we will continue our associations forever. The environment was such that you may not always see eye to eye on matters – more... but you respected each other. It was an environment that Ford Motor Company had established and it spread throughout the entire company. Everyone was respected, from Management to Production. – less
Decent place to work
Accounting (Former Employee), Van Buren Twp, MIApril 30, 2013
Pros: growth potential
Cons: may be unstable
Large company, decent pay, but no longer an industry leader
Productive work area
Graphics/Placards Manager (Former Employee), Yspilanti, MIApril 24, 2013
Pros: flexible lunch hours
Cons: very hot area to work in the summer.
There was always work to be completed. It was an opportunity to learn about the way an assembly plant is operated.
Great Co-Workers
Global Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee), Charter Township of Van Buren, MIApril 17, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: little advancement
I have worked at Visteon for over 15 years. I am fortunate to work with some very talented people.
Greatest place to work and be a successful leader
Intrumantation Engineering Manager (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIApril 9, 2013
Pros: entire say a ford automotive corporation was nothing but excillent
Cons: should not have taken early retirement
Offered excellent training, growth and excellent healthcare and benefit package
Every day I look forward to go to work
Management structure was excellent which valued their employees
Peers were good team workers
Never had pat in my stay at Ford Motor Company
Successful program launches. growth and patients
I loved and enjoyed every second of my entire – more... stay at ford
Salary does not include lease cars profit shearing and other misc benifits – less
Very professional
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), IndianapolisFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: high pay
Cons: not family friendly
Inventory, account for people, Quality a very military type position. I liked how locked in a process you were. Most enjoyable part was we were free to make decisions on the fly to meet our customer demands, very little game playing.
Loved it!
SAP Launch Lead (Former Employee), Van, MIJanuary 4, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers. I worked with some AMAZING and talented people.
Typical large corporation, very bureacratic but a very good place to work
Director Chassis Systems Product Development (Former Employee), Dearborn, MINovember 6, 2012
Pros: very good benefits and rewording work.
Cons: very poor worklife balance
Work days involved a lot of meetings with budget and product reviews on almost a daily basis. I learned how to work on many things at the same time and how to make decisions involving large amounts of complicated information. The management team was very driven and demanding but we all functioned very well as a team. The workforce was very diverse coming – more... form all over the world. The hardest part of the job was managing budgets in a very difficult time for the auto industry. The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling the world to meet with employees and customers. – less
loved working there
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 22, 2012
Pros: insurance, bonuses, money
Cons: it closed
stayed busy running 2 machines at a time, kept assembly lines stocked, Great benifits, I got along great with co workers and managment.
good place to work
Warehouse Shipping & Receiving Team Lead (Former Employee), Highland Park, MIAugust 30, 2012
Pros: like the job
Cons: n/a
fast pace facility where eneryone are on the same page. Good management and co-workers.
People that cared about the quality of work
Engineering Technologist (Former Employee), Van, MIJuly 31, 2012
I remember when Ford created this company. I said it then and will repeat it was setup to fail. Eliminated American plants that were UAW staffed. That is my opinion.

About Visteon Corporation

Visteon Corporation (Visteon) is a global supplier of automotive systems, modules and components to international vehicle manufacturers – Read more