Visteon Employee Reviews in United States

Productive / Clean environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Utica, MIJune 7, 2016
Very productive, learned to run new machines and work on computers on machines when they went down. Management was nice when there was over time I got a chance to work it. Met a lot of nice people (co-workers). Hardest part of job was when plant closed i relocated to Saline. I enjoyed staying busy.
Pros
Clean work environment
Cons
Blisters on fingers
Productive, encourgaging inviorment
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bedford INMay 20, 2016
we worked hard and were all aware of the schedule requirements , we worked as a team and always meet our goal. we became like family
Management was supportive,
the hardest part was leaving after 21 years.
The most enjoyable part was being a part of a team and having input into the group.
Pros
great pay
Cons
foul language of some people
okay
Infotainment Tester (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMarch 13, 2016
okay , i liked getting my infotainment experience from there. it gave me better learning experience. also i learned allot. good time there
Decent company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Van Buren Twp, MIFebruary 12, 2016
Worked there many years ago and it was a very challenging time for automotive suppliers. Don't know what type of culture they have now so hard for me to comment. Overall, decent company.
Pros
Decent
Cons
N/A
Not clear cut job goals.
Commodity Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 11, 2016
My main purpose was to train employees in low cost labor countries how to do my job. Not the most uplifting, but I did it to the best of my ability, nonetheless. Learned about the metals market quite a bit.
closed
Continuous Corrugated System and Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Connersville, INFebruary 2, 2016
plant is no longer around the management and the union (workers) ran this plant and work south of the border. Visteon (ford) worried about profits while the people were greedy to no end.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Productive and friendly place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  TNDecember 6, 2015
This was a small company so we all were like family. The pay was ok but having a good clean friendly atmosphere make a big difference when you are there 5 to 6 days a week. So sad that they went out of business in 2010.
Pros
Friendly enviroment
Cons
No AC or heat
Not that great
Program Manager and Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 19, 2015
Visteon purchased JCI electronics and made it sound like it would be a great win win for all. This is not the case and they are closing our Holland campus leaving many looking for work
very fun place
assembly (Former Employee) –  Saline, MINovember 11, 2015
I really liked working for them. it's worth working there. good benefits and good people and atmosphere. it was very clean and the way it's ran is nice.
Technology and electronics driven company.
Executive Management Team: Financial Dept. (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, MINovember 3, 2015
Supervisor is very personable and easy to communicate with.

I received a very nice recommendation from Sr. IT Consultant at Visteon, which is posted on my Profile:
www.Linkedin.com/in/halinabiernacki

Learn more: www.visteon.com

Want to know more about Visteon?

Ask a question
A good place if its the right one for you
Finance (Former Employee) –  USOctober 2, 2015
If you are interested in a career at the convergence point between Information Technology, Mobility, and the Automotive Industry, Visteon may be a good place to look. Leadership prior to June 2015 was poor from an employee standpoint (divestiture happy, no long term vision, low job security), new CEO should be given a chance though as the board seems committed to long term company and product success.

As is common in many organizations, issues with having the right resources, in the right place, at the right time can cause workload balancing issues. This was offset by very flexible work scheduling and working from home options, though those could be manager dependent.

Very solid compensation levels, higher than others in my area for certain.

Some caution advised based on work site / role, as the company has been consolidating locations and may be looking for low cost country options for current positions in the future if at all feasible. In all fairness they have handled these situations as equitably as possible when they arise, just be sure to go in with your eyes open.

Co-workers were fantastic, where this company goes at this point is up to the effectiveness of the new CEO.
Pros
Compensation, flexible work schedule, co-worker quality
Cons
Ongoing consolidations and low cost country focus, lacking long-term employee commitment, future direction uncertainty
The company taught me how to conduct myself in the work place
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Visteon - 4747 Western Ave Connorsville, IN 47331September 22, 2015
Sorted cargo before loading and unloading.
Tagged all inbound merchandise with receiving date.
Stacked and transported all overstock to storage areas.
Reported all equipment failures and malfunctions to supervisor.
Cleaned and maintained the warehouse in compliance with OSHA safety
standards.
Stocked, staged and transported goods.
Pros
First company right out of high school
Cons
The company had to close it's doors
productive good paying job with fun people
Injection Mold Operator, Assembly, Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Saline, MISeptember 10, 2015
I liked it because I could just come in put my headphones on and get my job done. There was an extensive amount of politics of course because it was union, but a lot of good people that made the day go by fast.
Great job, poor timing
Mechanic/Electrician (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 29, 2015
Visteon was shut down during the collapse of the US auto industry
Mainly responsible for routine maintenance of production equipment
Poor overall management and lack of confidence in product made it impossible for the company to continue
Fantastic Company with Excellent People
Team Leader/Material Handler/Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2015
Visteon was a great place to work to get acclimated in the assembly process of an automobile supplier. Management was fantastic and really cared about their workers.
Good place to advance your career.
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 20, 2015
Challenging work on fun products.
Rewarded for hard work.
Opportunity to advance.
Great group of talented people to work with.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, fun products to work on
Cons
Relocated positions
Not a bad place to work
Macine operator/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Bedford, INJuly 17, 2015
Easy work with great pay. Lots of mandatory overtime. Great breaks and vacation time. Managers were iffy. and you got moved around alot
Pros
Insurance
Cons
moved around alot
No Upper Level Support
Senior Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIJuly 3, 2015
Used to be a great place to work. Lots of great mind working together to make great products. Now since Visteon took over all the great mind are leaving and Management doesn't seem to care.
Pros
Holland Electronics Produced great products! With Great people!
Cons
Visteon Management doesn't seem to want to care about the products or the people. Both will suffer.
Chaos within Ranks and Strategy
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  MIJuly 1, 2015
Was acquired thru acquisition of JCI Electronics. They consumed and dismantled before they knew what they actually had.
Pros
Cons
Strategic thinking
A day at Visteon
Scroll Anodise/Impreg Operator (Former Employee) –  Connersville, INMay 29, 2015
A typical day at work was run a million parts and hurry up doing it. I learned that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Management was difficult at times.My co-workers are the only thing that kept me from quitting. The hardest part of the job was working your rear off. The most enjoyable time was at quitting time.
Pros
Break time, lunch time
Cons
Factory closed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visteon. Our community is ready to answer.