Vistronix Employee Reviews

Good Company
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKSeptember 2, 2016
They have good management and decent perks. I only see one small portion of the company but they pay for certifications once passed and are happy to help you find work within the company.
Pros
Certification reimbursement, good pay
Cons
limited promotion based on location and contract.
Mid-Sized company
Office Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 27, 2016
I feel fortunate to work here. In many respects, it has a small company feel, but with large company opportunities. The acquisitions a year and a half ago were painful, but our sector is running much more smoothly now and I feel like we are really hitting our stride.
Pros
Flexible Benefits, Great Senior Management, No Micromanaging
Cool perks
Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  MarylandJuly 22, 2016
Company has regular Raven tent parties and happy hours. Back office is supportive and helpful. Technical Director is brilliant. I enjoy working here. Project is good and benefits are great. I don't partake in the medical though.
Pros
Cool perks
Cons
Parking at site
Small Company Culture
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 11, 2016
Company has a small company culture. They have lots of sporting events, and Happy Hours. Managers and the back office are responsive to questions.
Pros
Free sporting event tickets, company get togethers, good benefits
Excellent Benefits
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 21, 2016
Corporate culture is very supportive. Lots of opportunities for movement. I was able to change projects fairly easily. Good communication with management staff.

Benefits are the best I've seen in this industry. They have several different options.
Benefits
Independance
DRIVER/MAIL CLERK (Former Employee) –  DC metropolitan areaApril 25, 2016
I enjoyed working in the mail room for Fannie Mae contracted via Vistronix. It taught me the operational side of a mail room.Here I gained knowledge and skill that put me in position to train all new employees.
Pros
I got to travel the area for maildrops and came in contact with alot of Executives for Fannie Mae
Cons
This contract was abruptly ended due to the economy collapse.
Great place to get your career path started, or to polish your skills!
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 18, 2015
Great company with an awesome Work/Life balance, and great people working around you. Perfect place for someone to get their feet wet in IT, and for those who would like to polish their skills and knowledge in IT. Unfortunately, after you have the experience necessary to grow within the company, you will not be able to grow since these are all contracted positions. If you like staying with a company for a long time and doing basically the same work in the same position then this would be perfect for you. I love working here, but just bummed that I have no potential to grow.

Management cares for the well-being of their employees, but because this is company that contracts a lot of their work with government agencies, sometimes you might feel a bit disconnected to your own company. Monthly magazine shows lots of group-building activities done by Headquarters, but not reciprocated at their contract sites. They also don't have a reward system for employees who do exceptional or above and beyond work. Hence, employees might not be as motivated as they should to continue to do great work.
Pros
Company cares about their employees, Great learning experiences, Awesome co-workers, Free online courses, Good benefits, Yearly holiday party.
Cons
No sick or personal days (Have to use your personal hours), No potential growth after a certain level of experience, You are not rewarded for exceptional work or going above and beyond, You are somewhat disconnected from HQs where employees seem to enjoy more group-building activities.
Bad Managment
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 8, 2015
Micromanaging work environment not related to the direct supervisor. Upper management is not competent. The work environment is ok if you are not contracting with the government.
Easy going workplace with limited growth
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAOctober 14, 2014
Our government contract was awarded to another company which is typical but as far as support from the company, there hasn't been any. The last day of the contract was the last day of work with the company and Vistronix didn't give any of us any support to find work with other projects within the company nor did they give us any support in keeping us on board for the short period while we looked for other jobs outside the company. Majority of the business development personnel at the office I had been located at had either been let go or have left the company. However, the workplace in itself is easy going and I was granted the ability to telecommute while I with the company. Also the accrual of PTO had been key as the leave policy is pretty favorable to the employees. Everything else is pretty average.
Cons
No Long Term Career Growth
Don't expect much support
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Onsite clientApril 25, 2014
My contract is ending, which is normal for this type of work. However, there are about 15 of us and the company has known for at least 6 months. Vistronix is offering no support to us for finding new jobs with or outside of the company. There has been very little communication, and most of this is 'wait and see'. They have not been supportive nor forthcoming with info. There is also very little connection for onsite workers to the main company. The last few months of the contract they laid off our manager, so there is very little onsite support as well. Everything else (benefits, pay, HR) is average.
Cons
No long-term career development
Demanding client with flexible hours
DocScout Administrator (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 23, 2013
It was a good company to work for.
I was able to go to school and still maintain my current hourly rates and clients. During the week I would go to class in the morning and spend my afternoons at the office, providing data entry, document and client support, while developing and testing newer versions of the application we used for data and facility management.

I learned a lot about corporate structure, the government, testing, GIS, and time management.
The management could be hands off at times, but still kept in regular contact with our client and us to ensure our goals were being met and issues were quickly solved.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with clients on remote installations/locations, making it difficult to troubleshoot errors which I couldn't physically assess myself, slowing down the process.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when I could assist users, train people and provide the exact data they happened to be looking for, whether it was a map or architectural file.
Pros
Small working group, experienced team of co-workers and decent management
Cons
Not a lot of training opportunities or any room for advancement.
fun place to work
Classified Mail Handler VI (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 5, 2013
Vistronix gave me the opportunity to work in the Pentagon. Although my tenure was cut short due to budget cuts, i met some great people that helped me further my career as a government contractor.
Pros
hours, great team enviorment
Cons
Contract expired

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vistronix. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2