Vitacost.com Employee Reviews

This place sucks
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 28, 2017
If you need a job you'lll take what's offered but this place sucks. Management is horrible/mean. The employees are lazy, mean and ghetto. Working full time is 4 10hr. days but you don't know when you get to go home from one day to the next. So don't plan on being home to cook dinner or spend time with family.
Very young company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCJune 24, 2017
Being on the chat and email team was very fun. I was extremely productive. The customers on the phone, especially the ones from other countries, felt like they could talk to you any way they wanted, /a lot of times you go home very stressed from the day. The company was just starting out at the time I worked there and just starting to grow. Everyone was trying to find their place and their management style.
Negative workplace
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  LAS VEGAS NEVADAJune 8, 2017
Management is rude, HR does not help with concerns. Lots of gossip and bigotry. The worst job I've ever had. Co-workers are mean and unfriendly. Did not like going to work.
Pros
Minimum Wage
Cons
Favoritism, Negative environment
Call Center
Call Center-Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCJune 7, 2017
At first it was a little rocky but corporate finally started to show appreciation for their employees and so did management. Management sometimes show favoritism. The work place culture was awesome because it consists of people from all walks of life. The hardest part about the job is being appreciated for the work you do from management and the enjoyable part of the job is hearing a customer saying how great you were to them in helping them with their orders.
Pros
make new friends everyday
Cons
short breaks and short lunches
Boring and Unfair
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCJune 5, 2017
I worked on a non typical part time shift with out any benefits. I stood on my feet on concrete flooring for 8 hours straight. I had one 15 min break and one 30 min break for supper. I worked in the pack department. I learned that some customers are waaaay to picky. Management didn't know much about anything. One of the supervisors didn't know what to do if we had a tornado or any kind of bad weather come through while on shift. The culture was hectic and somewhat unfriendly. Asking someone to do something different beside what you were hired to do, is like asking them to cut off their own arm. The hardest part of the job will have to be keeping up your performance ratings, and if your under 95% they give you major junk about it. The most enjoyable part would have to be meeting new people and making some friends.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, discourage you from using the bathroom
It was a job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTMay 24, 2017
Unfortunately my experience with this company was not a happy one. While the job itself was not a struggle for me and I enjoyed the work, the management (except for our supervisor who stood up for us) was very distant and not concerned with our security. It was clear for example that they were going to shut us down (by shipping extra furniture to another site and not expanding like had been discussed for months), yet all the time was telling us "nothing is wrong, everything is OK"....it came as so surprise when our boss got us on the phone and told us we were being shut down and everyone was getting laid off. I understand that can be a complicated process and not easy on anyone, but being lied to for months like that stings nonetheless.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
See the review for the cons....
Horrible work environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  LAS VEGAS NEVADAMay 19, 2017
Favoritism by management. The associate are lazy and use the job as a dating service. HR staff is rude, unprofessional and lack knowledge. Overworked, underpaid, only hire Mexicans.
Pros
Minimum Wage
Cons
Racism, Favoritism, Overrall bull....
easy money
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NC 27295May 14, 2017
Decent pay. tons of overtime. management changes often. Not a physical or physically demanding job just on your feet all day. Overall a decent job with good benefits.
High turn-over and bad moral
Marketing/HR (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 6, 2017
At the time, the company was completely unorganized, moral was low and everyone was in fear of loosing their job everyday. This was almost 4 years ago.
Never enjoyed working here
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCApril 5, 2017
I dislike vitacost I didn't enjoy my time working there no matter how good you are they don't show you any change they lied about within a year that they would give you a raise. The hours are crazy and they don't even give you a 24 hour notice when you have to come in an extra day.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Short lunches and they don't pay enough
Great place to work. We had prizes that we could win for being productive.
Lead in PTL (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCMarch 29, 2017
We were rewarded if we made our production at times. The management was great and there was room for advancement. I learned a lot from my supervisor i was learning how to do all of his paperwork at the end of the day. I was a lead over all areas. I maintained a great work environment for all employees.
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
a lot of walking
This company sucks
Warehouse AssociateWarehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 9, 2017
This company suck they only care about there group of people. I really don't know if the HR lady has the right tools to Be HR. This company is racist they only care about is the Mexicans. If you are black and working here GOOD LUCK!
horrid
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Linwood, NCMarch 6, 2017
The management was horrid. I there for 3 and a half years. It went through 6 managers everyone was quitting. The Hr was terrible. I would not recommend working there I loved my job at first but then it turnt bad
Worst place to work!!!!!!!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaMarch 1, 2017
Worst job ever!!!! So happy to get out of that place. Employees are lazy and full drama. Management sucks. Have nasty attitudes and fake smiles. HR by far hideous. HR is filled with undocumented workers so you know where this place is headed. VITACRAP!!!
Pros
I got out alive
Cons
Employees, management and hr
Good Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCFebruary 25, 2017
Good Company to work for. They are always improving and introducing new technology. They care about their customers and their experiences. Along with their employee experiences.
Good
The worst place to work
wherehouse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 22, 2017
You will experience discrimination from everyone starting from the interview all the way to your first check. I didn't feel welcome at vitacost. The most Racist Company to work for.
Pros
Job
Cons
Discrimination thrives here
This is the worst place that I've ever worked
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Linwood, NCFebruary 21, 2017
This company doesn't care about how they treat their employees. They talk to you like a dog and treat you even worse. I worked there almost 6 years and they would rather give a stranger off the street a job than advance a veteran of the company to the same job. If you don't get back to your job in the whole 10 minutes they give you (and it takes 2 of those minutes one way to get to the break room) the lead will write your name down as if you were in middle school which can lead up to a write up. This company is a complete joke. There are to many bad things to put on this review, I don't have that kind of time. So I would recommend looking else where for employment.
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks, low pay, poor management, insurance really expensive
Life outside doesn't matter here
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 11, 2017
This isn't a great company to work for if you have any plans of doing anything with your life outside of working here. If you plan on trying to do anything while also working here lay that thought to rest now, because if they want you to work late on a particular day you get informed five minutes before your suppose to leave.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Too much mandated overtime
Very fun work enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCJanuary 4, 2017
I enjoyed everyone that I worked with at Arby's. Everyone was very friendly and polite. I liked being apart of the management team. We had a lot of the same customers everyday and they were always happy to see us.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
no health benefits at all.
Would be better place to work if management would work together
Hospital" Operator, General Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 10, 2016
It's a good place to work overall. But a lot of times overtime and frustration could've been avoided if the leads and management would be on the same page. They are most of the time, but the times they are not really hinders work performance and thus making overtime mandatory.

Coworkers are fun to be work with and you get experience in different fields of the warehouse. They make the 10+ hours of work go faster.

While work is simple, it can get monotonous, so the day can drag on near the final stretch.
Pros
Benefits, Work Enviroment, Simple Work
Cons
Pay