Vitacost.com

Vitacost.com United States Employee Reviews

Fast-paced call center,
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee), Lexington, NCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Provided catered lunch for those working on Thanksgiving
Cons: Not always getting off phone when scheduled breaks/lunch came around
Continuous calls for placing orders for products.
I learned to patient in order to help customers who were having
difficulty ordering what they wanted.
Management was good but could be a little scattered at times and
help was not readily available.
Co-workers were good, got along well with them.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to help customers who
did not have a computer. Since company was a dot.com business
we could not set up an account for them.
The most enjoyable part was being able to help customers and
provide great customer service. I was able to build a clientele
who wanted me each time they called.
very productive and fun workplace
Shipping Lead for Vitamin Supplemental Company (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 19, 2015
Pros: paid time off hours and plenty of overtime
Cons: short breaks
all employees worked together to meet daily tasks for shipping and had fun doing it meeting daily requirements. some management was awesome.
Growing Pains but opportunity
Sourcing Manager (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free samples sometimes
Cons: open floor plan
decent growing company with growing pains, the company practices what they preach with many associates leading healthy lifestyles
Easy Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lexington, NCFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: move up/advancement
Cons: wages
Love the job and the people, just was not paying enough. Great job for someone who is not looking for big income, or someone who just wants to work. Great Entry level Customer Service Job!
fast-paced and easy going enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lexington, NCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: holiday events within the company, served food and played games for prizes/awards
Cons: slow times with management when assisting customers
Day would usually start out with general customer service and assistance, placing orders, and returns. Learned different problem solving techniques to handle various types of customers to ensure the best quality of service was provided. Managers were easy to get along with and always willing to help. Coworkers were energetic and dependable. The most difficult part of the job was handling missing package cases. The most enjoyable aspect was working with a group of individuals that not only provided a good learning environment but also a great life experience.
Good Company
Customer Service Intern (Former Employee), Lexington, NCDecember 15, 2014
Just a lot of management changes at the time of employment. Just seemed like a lot of changes during the time which made it hard to get started
Busy Environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), LexingtonDecember 4, 2014
Cons: not enough money
I sold vitamins,I learned alot about vitamins and how they effect your body,my co workers were friendly,irate customers were the hardest
Did not enjoy
Customer Service Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Lexington, NCOctober 9, 2014
Call center has EXTREME favoritism. If you aren't one of the "favorites" then you will get treated differently. Not very good with their managment, supervisors often did not want to help out and take calls...just a bunch of complaining and drama.
Great Company
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Lexington, NCOctober 8, 2014
Work in itself is easy. The hardest part is being on your feet for 10-11 hours a night.
One of the worse companies I have worked at.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lexington, NCSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: the relationships built(mostly out of common disinterest/dissatisfaction with the company), medical, dental, vision benefits
Cons: lack of training with management, culture of the business, unequal rule enforcement, etc
My honest review as of today of this company within the customer service branch:

Customer service is already a stressful job and the management department did not help make this position any easier. The management has not been trained properly for the positions they were given and it shows daily in the work that is done. There is a huge issue with favoritism and unequal work conditions as far as the consistency of enforcing the rules. For some employees rules are enforced and for others rules are simply words on a paper that mean nothing. The pay is very minimal for the positions you are in ($10.78/hr) but the benefits are a little better than normal as far as the medical, dental, vision, etc. The PTO is a joke because of the process of using the PTO hours earned. (Another area where favoritism is showed with who gets PTO approved and who does not.) There is no open culture to share feelings, concerns, or comments with upper management. There is no real room for advancing per say. Advancement with this company is a team lead and that's really as far as I have seen or heard of in a while. The other position over team lead to advance to can only be obtained if one of the 3 leaves. There is, at random times, room to move to a different position (special teams, etc) but this too is given by favoritism and not qualifications all the time. I think the lack of training with management before the positions were given is the core reason why this company experiences high employee turnover and a huge employee job dissatisfaction.

On a positive note, the merger with Kroger may hopefully instill some of Kroger's employee centered management into this company, hopefully!
not a great place to work
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee), Linwood, NCSeptember 7, 2014
management and team leads did nothing to help the other employees, benefits were taken rather then given, managers gave yearly raises based on friendships and popularity rather then seniority, job ethic and knowledge
Bad experience all the way around.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Lexington, NCAugust 23, 2014
Pros: i made some good friends thats all.
Cons: okay pay, long hours, bad leadership, management and color clicks, you do not actually get your full breaks.
as a former employee for many months I seen a lot.

1. Long hours for low pay.

2. Long standing color click, racially divisive working environment with thugs and sagging pants (Even management did not know what the true meaning of sagging pants ment and I felt violated because of it.)
and no dress code enforcement.

5. In packing the minority were forced to listen to rap/thug music for hours and hours from time to time they would play other music but it was never balanced.

3. Poor upper management leadership and interaction.

4. You do not actually get your full breaks. though you clock out for them.

5. This job will be hard on your body. left with bad feet and ankle problems.

6. Low worker moral for many reasons.

7. Complaints were heard but filed under " we don't really care"
Nightly meetings held but it meant nothing really.

I would never recommend this job to anyone......ever.
I thought about calling a lawyer over the sagging........
Great People but lots of Upper Management changes
Team Lead (Current Employee), Lexington NCAugust 7, 2014
Pros: no extra benefits, hand free products but ended it
Cons: not a balance to renfourcing all rules for all.
It was a day full of Supervisor calls. Lots of explanations and assistance with the new hires. I monitored calls and call volume.
DG is a good company
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Lexington, NCJuly 29, 2014
I loved working for Dollar General and am glad to have been a part of an awesome team.
Not a good place to work
Warehouseman/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 26, 2014
Cons: being layed-off after showing up on time every day, working hard and learning the job
Not a good place to work.Went in office for 60 day review and was told at this time we feel you and Vitacost are not a good fit and we feel it best we part ways at this time.
Vitacost.com is a very clean place to work.
Production Machine Operator (Current Employee), Lexington, NCOctober 30, 2013
Pros: personal time off benefits
Cons: n/a
I work with a fun and productive crew everyday. A constant flow of SOPs and cGMPs are incorporated into everything we do to ensure quality in our products.
E-Commerce Business
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Lexington, NCSeptember 30, 2013
This is an E-Commerce business industry in which you utilize a large number of tools computer related.
Extremely busy, must be able to multi-task and dedicate long hours to the business.
Management is cooperative and leadership is outstanding.
Hardest part of the job is the daily juggling of task and responsibilities and managing the balance between life and work.
One of the great experiences in this workplace is the opportunity to experience computer related softwares and programs daily at such a high level.
OK company - no room for advancement
Replenishment Buyer (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLSeptember 26, 2013
Work was good but there was no room for advancement. Enjoyed the co-workers and office environment.
Not an honest Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lexington, NCJuly 22, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: unorganized, policies change daily, and management
Very stressful job and they tell the customers what they would like to hear. If you call the company twice, you will not get the same information. They are very unorganized and things change on a daily basis.
Horrible place to work
Marketing (Current Employee), Boca RatonApril 9, 2013
Pros: location, smart people
Cons: everything else; gossip, drama and a ridiculously poor it and marketing leadership team that constantly fights.
This company was an embarrassment to my career. The organization is toxic and the management/leadership are untrusting individuals. IT has an ex cop as a leader and the COO was recently let go. I am still here, but as soon as I can leave I will. The benefits; there are none; just the usual insurance. This place is ridiculous.