Vitacost.com

Vitacost.com Employer Reviews

not a great place to work
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee), Linwood, NCSeptember 7, 2014
management and team leads did nothing to help the other employees, benefits were taken rather then given, managers gave yearly raises based on friendships and popularity rather then seniority, job ethic and knowledge
Bad experience all the way around.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Lexington, NCAugust 23, 2014
Pros: i made some good friends thats all.
Cons: okay pay, long hours, bad leadership, management and color clicks, you do not actually get your full breaks.
as a former employee for many months I seen a lot.

1. Long hours for low pay.

2. Long standing color click, racially divisive working environment with thugs and sagging pants (Even management did not know what the true meaning of sagging pants ment and I felt violated because of it.)
and no dress code enforcement.

5. In packing the minority were – more... forced to listen to rap/thug music for hours and hours from time to time they would play other music but it was never balanced.

3. Poor upper management leadership and interaction.

4. You do not actually get your full breaks. though you clock out for them.

5. This job will be hard on your body. left with bad feet and ankle problems.

6. Low worker moral for many reasons.

7. Complaints were heard but filed under " we don't really care"
Nightly meetings held but it meant nothing really.

I would never recommend this job to anyone......ever.
I thought about calling a lawyer over the sagging........ – less
Great People but lots of Upper Management changes
Team Lead (Current Employee), Lexington NCAugust 7, 2014
Pros: no extra benefits, hand free products but ended it
Cons: not a balance to renfourcing all rules for all.
It was a day full of Supervisor calls. Lots of explanations and assistance with the new hires. I monitored calls and call volume.
DG is a good company
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Lexington, NCJuly 29, 2014
I loved working for Dollar General and am glad to have been a part of an awesome team.
Not a good place to work
Warehouseman/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 26, 2014
Cons: being layed-off after showing up on time every day, working hard and learning the job
Not a good place to work.Went in office for 60 day review and was told at this time we feel you and Vitacost are not a good fit and we feel it best we part ways at this time.
Vitacost.com is a very clean place to work.
Production Machine Operator (Current Employee), Lexington, NCOctober 30, 2013
Pros: personal time off benefits
Cons: n/a
I work with a fun and productive crew everyday. A constant flow of SOPs and cGMPs are incorporated into everything we do to ensure quality in our products.
E-Commerce Business
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Lexington, NCSeptember 30, 2013
This is an E-Commerce business industry in which you utilize a large number of tools computer related.
Extremely busy, must be able to multi-task and dedicate long hours to the business.
Management is cooperative and leadership is outstanding.
Hardest part of the job is the daily juggling of task and responsibilities and managing the balance between – more... life and work.
One of the great experiences in this workplace is the opportunity to experience computer related softwares and programs daily at such a high level. – less
OK company - no room for advancement
Replenishment Buyer (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLSeptember 26, 2013
Work was good but there was no room for advancement. Enjoyed the co-workers and office environment.
Not an honest Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lexington, NCJuly 22, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: unorganized, policies change daily, and management
Very stressful job and they tell the customers what they would like to hear. If you call the company twice, you will not get the same information. They are very unorganized and things change on a daily basis.
Horrible place to work
Marketing (Current Employee), Boca RatonApril 9, 2013
Pros: location, smart people
Cons: everything else; gossip, drama and a ridiculously poor it and marketing leadership team that constantly fights.
This company was an embarrassment to my career. The organization is toxic and the management/leadership are untrusting individuals. IT has an ex cop as a leader and the COO was recently let go. I am still here, but as soon as I can leave I will. The benefits; there are none; just the usual insurance. This place is ridiculous.
Micro-Management Who are Overpaid
Employee (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLApril 9, 2013
Pros: pleasant colleagues and good facilities
Cons: poor management, razor thin operating budgets, poorly run
The CEO is an irritating, busybody who loves to micromanage every department. It's no wonder this company has such a ridiculous turnover rate-don't apply to this company! They are bleeding money, hemorrhaging valuable employee capital, and will waste your time.

The internal budgets are so slim that the CEO has actually recommended employees swipe pens – more... and paper, paperclips, and other supplies from hotels, doctor's offices or other places they might visit as a means to save the company money.

If you're looking for a place to kick the rock down the road while you wait to either be fired or become so depressed with your place of work that you quit, Vitacost.com is perfect-they're waiting to hit rock bottom as well. – less
Too much drama and no trust
Purchasing (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJanuary 3, 2013
Cons: everything
Management makes bad decisions and finds people to blame and cover up their mistakes

June 14, 2013

This is a large volume company which I have researched. With so many sales , and pressure , some employees cannot handle the responsibilities.

Good company
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Spanish Fork, UTNovember 15, 2012
Pros: close to home
Cons: no room to advance
It was fast paced, hectic at times, but overall, good work place.
DONT EVEN THINK OF JOINING THIS COMPANY, SPECIALLY IT DEPARTMENT
QA (Former Employee), Boca RatonNovember 12, 2012
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything from work enviornment to working at vitacost it department
A tipical work day is not a day it's like construction company which is managed like a sweat shop. I lost my motive to work after working at Vitacost. I am so happy to leave this company. I think vitacost is the worst thing ever happend to me.

They are inhuman. No matter what they say while hiring you, but all the talk is just a gimmic to get you.
Crazy Fast, High-Stressed Paced. Very Low Pay, Great Benefits
low cost employee (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLSeptember 25, 2012
Pros: free lunch catered on fridays, excellent benefits although you can barely use them or benefit from, in-house gym although no time to use, vacation though you forget to take because? beyond considerate working hours
Cons: weight gain which defeats the purpose of company mission due to long periods sitting, which in the long term you become unhealthy!
A typical workday at this company is like no other I have seen with the exception of Call Centers or aka. "Sweat Shops"
The moment you enter premises is work, work, work.

You will NEVER be compensated commensurate your education, entry-level or experience at this company. The pay is simply too low for the amount of work, hours(40-50 hrs.mandatory or – more... else you get fired) and daily operations. There is a small gym at company that never gets used due to employee long working hours. Bonuses? masked by management, a strategy for hiring purposes.

Company Moral and Culture is negative; employees constantly complain of too much work, too stressful, weight gain due to long periods of hours sitting, little or no time for breaks, no recognition. I only witnessed one department free of all negativity due to perks, play times, good breaks, unique special treatment, no need for long working hours (you can easily identify which department(s)).

*Equal opportunity? Not at this company
*Room for advancement? Never seen it during my working yrs.
*The website claims a Mission: to enrich lives, inspire wellness, support a healthy lifestyle-- applies only to customers NOT employees.
*Benefits? One of the best i've had, however no time to see doctors, no time to use them, period!
*Free Products? yes, they know you need super vitamins to work at this place!
*Free lunch on Fridays? yes, is the least the company can do to keep employees from leaving (no pun intended) – less
Active, high energy environment, fast paced
Customer service-Special Projects (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: friday catered lunch, good benefits
Cons: constantly updating direction of customer acquisition
A growing, changing company with active staff interaction
Productive ,but needs better pay and opportunity to move up.
reciever (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 30, 2012
Pros: lots of hours
Cons: pay, unstable schedule
Productive and exciting workplace. Schedule is uncertain need more better management. Pay need to be increased for type of labor.