Vitacost Employee Reviews

Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCAugust 27, 2017
Good place to work, less stressful than most call centers. You start off part time then after 3 months u can go to full time. Pay is 11.00 starting out, which is low for a call center, but environment is laid back and management is helpful and friendly.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Pay is low, no benefits, and no sick days for full time employees
Good for introverts and extroverts
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 15, 2017
I like it. Surprisingly there is a lot of extroverts here although they prefer you to really be quite and get to work. You're expected to really do your job and your numbers, breaks, and bathroom breaks will be tracked and they will ask you whats going on. If you are a slacker or call off a lot this job isn't for you. They offer good over time during busy weeks and months. You get PTO and four 10 hour shifts. I've been here for a month witnessed someone getting fired for slacking. My advice? Get enough sleep and take a job serious and you'll see the benefits. I like it here because I can keep to myself set my own goals and everyone is nice
Pros
Reasonable lunches and breaks
Cons
None to very little raises
Fast paced work environment.
Picker/Packer/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCJuly 25, 2017
I enjoyed working for vitacost,but the hours got to be too much for me. It started as occasional OT, then was mandatory once hired and the OT was EVERY week! I was working 6 days a week 11 hour shifts...and usually had one day off a week. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone who has little ones. Very demanding physically, and u have to have a certain percentage on ur job and if u didn't be make that percentage regularly then be they would discharge you. (I've seen it first hand)
Pros
Nice paychecks
Cons
Not enough days off
Productive fast work place
Warehouse Lead (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 21, 2017
Would be even more productive if company shows appreciation to employees and if Management could give more learning tools to the Leads while mangers are off the floor.
Pros
Transgender restrooms
Cons
Policy only applies to some employees
Provided working tips and safe zone for Vitacost
Pack Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCJune 2, 2017
Going into the plant I started my day at my desk logging into my computer to start the process of quality control. Training new employees how to safely pack customer's orders to prevent from breaking spilling and excetera. Also picking random boxes off a conveyor belt opening the Boxes to View employees packing befor shiping. Pointing and documenting and reporting the quality of the package or employees. The work was very consistent. But I enjoyed my job. There are a lot of opportunities to advance to different levels in positions in the warehouse, and I learned a lot on days where we were running a little behind. such as learning to drive a forklift.
Pros
A lot of room for advancing and opportunities.
Cons
Wasn't fair to all ethnic groups. Was slightly treated like robots.
It was ok
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCApril 24, 2017
Labor standards are way too high. Life of a robot. If you dont mind mindlessly working and no socializing this job might be good for you. If you are lazy forget about it.
Pros
Good break room
Cons
To time oriented
very busy, fast pace kind of place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCApril 10, 2017
Allowed me to come in on days i didnt have to work just to make more money , but sometimes they would give you a schedule and change it like the next day and dont have to give you a 24 hr notice, it would be hard to schedule appointments.
Pros
30 mins lunch, paid for your 15 min break, plenty mandatory over time
Cons
short breaks, cheap health care and next to no time for out side life, family, etc.
Long hours, little appreciation, decent pay
Warehouse Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCMarch 25, 2017
They had some employee events along with decent benefits for employees. Management asks too much of people and they act like they own your life by you working there. It helped pay the bills but I hated working there. They drag their feet on upping pay like promised as well.
Pros
Employee discount, good benefits
Easy job.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 15, 2017
Vitacost has everything you would need to be healthy from vitamins to protein, laid back as long as you know what your doing, long hours but it is worth it.
Pros
No job is hard there.
Cons
Long hours.
Worst job ever
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCMarch 7, 2017
Horrible management. No communication with employees. No life outside of company. Constant overtime. New employees are poorly trained. Under paid for the work required.
Pros
Cons
Constant overtime, poorly paid, safety hazard
Horrible/poor environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCFebruary 12, 2017
Terrible place. Too much overtime, no communication, terrible management. Been working 60+ hours a week for 2 months, tired of this for a job that does not pay anything.
Pros
Cons
overtime, bad people
Don't ever work for this company😭😤
Warehouse Associate &Desk Administration/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 23, 2017
This company is a waste of time I was there almost four years and got fried for attendance when I brought proof and they still don't care so don't so it. All they care about is the hours you put in I don't care about your family health nothing they just care about themselves and themselves only they have poor communication very rude and always tell you things at the last minute.
not good
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Linwood North CarolinaOctober 26, 2016
Use to love my job but over the years the company changed to where employees health and well-being was never taken into consideration. Didn't feel like I could talk to management about any problems they just rolled their eyes and tell me get back to work. Would not recommend this company for anybody.
Pros
plenty of overtime
Cons
lot of attitudes and favoritism
i like to work on the computers at vitacost
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCJune 20, 2016
A typical day at vitacost is hard and demanding especially meeting the deadlines of getting the orders out to the customers on time. i learned how to use a scanner... work on the computers. Mangement need to be revamped. I like some of the coworkers there. The hardest part of the jobs is getting the customers orders out on time. The ejoyable part of the job is the coworkers.
Pros
The cultural picnics
Cons
management show a lot of favoritism
Very Busy workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCMarch 16, 2016
A normal day consists of working with associates to ensure a good work enviroment. I enjoy working to help associates be more productive.
Pros
Good Staff to work with
Cons
Work Life balance, Work load
Great First Call Center Job
Customer Service Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCMarch 15, 2016
This was a great first call center job. Its an easy going environment and wonderful associate empowerment to make their own calls and to make the situation right for the customers.
Low pay
Lead over heavy machinery (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCMarch 6, 2016
I enjoyed working at Vitacost but the pay was not great. Hours were good and the co0workers were ok. Management was fair.

I learned to use heavy machinery.

People was most enjoyable
Pros
Enjoyed co-workers
Cons
Pay
my work day
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 6, 2016
A typical day at vitacost. i work 12;30am to 9;30am sometimes 12:30am to 11:00am i put up over 1300 items a day i do alot of walking lifting pulling, Its like it. i get a 8 hour work out...the time goes by fast, witch i love, and you stay busy
Terrible mgmt. not a good place to work alot of turnover
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCOctober 7, 2015
I worked here for a short while. After the first week I was ready to quit. They show alot of favoritism and are not good to the employees. The customer service center is treated like the dirt of the company. You are talked down to and disrespected daily by customers and staff.
not a place i will ever think about working at agian
Warehouse associate (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCSeptember 23, 2015
the pay isn't enough for the amount stress you have to put up with. the management is always changing the rules that make it even harder to work there than it needs to be. they made it so that's its not a place where theirs a good work environment. they say one thing and do another. and will write you up for anything most of the rules they make are designed to make you fail. i would stay away from this company if you have the chance
Pros
there are none
Cons
everything theres not one good thing about this company