Global Holdings in conjunction with Vital Imaging Partners is a leader in the most innovative diagnostic technologies, focusing on Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI). With research-based advancements in diagnostic equipment we serve a diverse set of patient needs including those of obese, geriatric, claustrophobic and pediatric patients. With our sophisticated technology we are able to provide patients with the most comfortable and convenient diagnostic experience. At the same time this superior technology provides unparalleled diagnostic accuracy and validity, enabling radiologists to rule out pre-existing conditions as well as isolating current injuries for the most practical, least invasive methods of treatment resulting in drastically reduced recovery periods. Medically unnecessary surgeries are often over-prescribed becoming very costly and involving life changing and potentially life threatening risks. Our equipment provides the highest quality images, using traditional, weight bearing and multi positional MRI techniques as well as CT scan, Ultrasound, X-Ray and Shock Wave Therapy. At Vital Imaging we manage and operate our own facilities conveniently located statewide and offer transportation for those who need it. Vital Imaging accepts referrals from all doctors directly, eliminating the need for third parties and allowing us to pass those savings to our clients.
A Certified Multi-Lingual Health Care Interpreter provides oral simultaneous, consecutive interpretation, and sight translations throughout the medical center/designated location, in two (2) or more languages and/or dialects of service.
- Performs on-site and over-the-phone interpretation for patients, families, and Vital Imaging and non-Vital Imaging health care providers who prefer to speak in their primary languages, other than English
- Provides simple translation, under the supervision of Department Manager
- Completes interpretation work requests as per protocol and provides accurate and timely documentation of work done
- Participates as a member of the health care delivery team, exercising sensitivity, and maintaining confidentiality of employee and patient information at all times
- Provides expert knowledge regarding the interplay of medical treatment and key aspects of culture
- Participates in educational programs from medical center staff, members, and prospective members
- Performs as mentors for interns of partnering interpreter programs
- Previous experience as an Interpreter strongly preferred (usually one-year)
- Previous experience as an Interpreter in a multi-specialty health care environment strongly preferred
- High School Graduate. 2 years of college preferred
- Healthcare Interpreter Certification required
- Candidates must have completed a health care interpreter certificate training program that (1) is administered by an accredited educational institution OR (2) is recognized by the California Healthcare Interpreter Association (CHIA) and exceeds 200 contact hours
- Typing speed: 35 wpm
- Excellent oral command of English and more than one other language/dialect of Vital Imaging specified service, e.g., Spanish.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism in a demanding, high stress, and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate understanding of cultural issues related to health care
- Must be sensitive and knowledgeable of the distinction between neutral interpreting and patient advocacy
- Basic computer skills required, i.e., Microsoft Office
- Must be flexible and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment
We desire a person who displays leadership qualities, is self-motivated, is willing to learn, punctual, hard-working, detail oriented, well organized and able to excel under pressure.
Please submit your resume in Word or PDF format all other documentation will be disregarded. Thank you for your time and interest in our company.
Indeed - 12 months ago