VITAL RECORDS CONTROL Employee Reviews

summary
Office and Accouting Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 10, 2017
It was a small office no office politics to deal with unlike larger companies. The atmosphere was casual and everyone got along with management. Never any major issues.
Horrible place to work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJuly 9, 2017
Worst place to ever work. Absolutely no job security or advancement. Poor management from attitudes toward employees to over all process of how the business is ran.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
No raises, no respect, zero job security, no microwave, poor management
Company focus is on the ego of senior management and not on customer service.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAMay 23, 2017
Senior company management operates under the assumption that with one year of experience thirty times (thirty years experience), that they know the ins and outs of the records storage business.
With the takeover of our facility, existing personnel were used to guide the transition process and then replaced with less experienced leadership.
There is no job security with this company if senior leadership believes that you may know more about the operation than they do or that you may offer suggestions that they later adopt as if the idea was theirs.
VRC is a very ego driven company at the corporate level and struggles to provide good customer service in part as a result of the treatment of their employees.
This company values the next "deal" and not it's facility staffs. Each business "deal" is viewed as a success until later when facility personnel have to be cut as a result of poor business planning and decisions. They believe that an average salesmen has the ability to manage facility operations as long as they (senior management) review every decision.
Pros
If you want to work in record storage, the day that Iron Mountain hires you is a good day.
Cons
Poor business management, using up employees until they have the knowledge that they need and then discarding them, no ability to make key decisions without the input from senior management, supervisors and managers have the title but no ability to conduct business on their own.
In Record time
Indexing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 4, 2017
Vital Records is a very high secured building to work with in and out. The staff are great and very down to earth. It is a fast pace job on demand at times. You always need to be on alert.
Cons
no microwave to heat up lunches.....
Don't waste your time working for this company
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 25, 2017
you get treated like a kid,.If u like to be treated like a 5 year old well this is the place for you. im a current employee and looking for new job!!!
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Lazy management
Dumpster Fire with Bad Morale
Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 13, 2017
If you need a steady job while looking for better, go ahead and apply.
But if you want to make a career, look elsewhere.

-It all starts at the top, with poor (mis)management.

-It seems corporate is more worried about "what-ifs" and "maybes" instead of reality of the day-to-day activity.

-They have plenty of excessive security policies that do nothing more than complicate simple processes.

-You should expect minimal pay with few, if any, opportunities for advancement or significant pay raises.

-Their yearly performance review is a joke, with reliable employees often only being given 30 cent raises.

-A pro is that the hours are fairly consistent, unless management get in over their head with a project and need to extend hours for more productivity.

-Don't expect loyalty from the company. I've seen a person let go with one day's notice just because management couldn't find work for them.

-Break Room and Restroom Facilities are lacking!
Employees are not allowed a break room microwave (justified by some ridiculous fire code policy).
And about 20 men are forced to share one toilet in the whole facility.
(One former employee would hide out in a second bathroom, so the second bathroom was shut down and never re-opened.)
Pros
Steady Hours, Little to No Weekend Work
Cons
Lack of Morale/Leadership, Basic Pay/Benefits, No Advancement
Just a paycheck,not a career
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Maumelle,ARFebruary 23, 2017
Easy job to work just to have some income,dusty environment,pay is $11 p/hr virtually no chance for raise or advancement,management has no management skills or experience so that leads to a not-so-good work environment.limited restroom facilities.no breakroom.high turnover rate.the high seniority employee been there 2 years.the job is ok,if u need a steady paycheck.
Pros
easy job
Cons
Management should fired.worker moral is very low, 30 employees but 1 restroom, extremely dusty work environment, $11 p/hr, paid every 2 weeks, alot of unneccessary job stress
I did Medical Transcription
Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARFebruary 20, 2017
I would Transcribe Medical Documents. Type Medical Documents.
Give names to the documents that the doctors had given the company I worked for and we scanned I would give the proper term to them.
Easy job but can not grow
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 3, 2016
It is one of the easiest jobs you can have in a warehouse. You work eight hours a day in the day time monday thru friday. The pay is not good and they do not give good raises.
Pros
Easy job monday thru friday
Cons
Terrible insurance and low pay
A great place to work
Indexer (Current Employee) –  TennesseeOctober 11, 2016
Great environment with friendly coworkers. Very laidback and a great place to work for. Management is fair to every employee and understanding.
Pros
employee lunch, long breaks
Cons
no paid time off
Don't work here, awful job!!!
Imaging Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARSeptember 25, 2016
This company needs to improve in many areas, I would not recommend my worst enemy working for this place. They treat you (management) like you are beneath them. Pay is terrible, working environment is terrible, and overall I don't know how in the world they put certain people in charge at VRC. They are rude and just not a good place to spend your days! Working days that is, you been warned, don't apply it isn't worth it!!
Pros
Cons
Too many to name
Worst place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAAugust 30, 2016
The management sucks and very disrespectful. The treat you like trash and take there frustration out on the workers. The hours suck you never can get anything personal done.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks and pay
Easy Job, Management sucked
Customer Service/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL 33907May 18, 2016
Job was extremely easy all you did was answer calls, put together orders, and a little bit of data entry, but the office manager couldn't manage to save her life.
Pros
Full-time, no weekends, decent hours
Cons
Manager, drama
Productive and fun to work with
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Maumelle, ARMay 2, 2016
Tasks was always able to complete.
all the employee were very nice and helping.
Some days were very challenging but was able to get through them.
Pros
okay
Cons
okay
Bad Experience
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calera, ALApril 12, 2016
I did not have a good experience there, pay is awful, job was to far from my house, and we needed more help than was giving. I will never go back there.
Pros
space
Cons
managemnt
worst company to work for
clerks (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 20, 2016
If you're desperate for employment this is definitely the place you want to work $10 an hour and you will work like a slave
Pros
Major Holidays Off
$10 Modern day cattle slavery
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  TNNovember 5, 2015
This company is not rewarding in every sense of the word. They're liars and don't follow through nor keep their word on things. They are covertly racist too...minorities feel free to accept a job at their many plantations down south. I'm not disgruntled at all..this is just a clean cut warning to anyone interested in working for these pigs.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management, pay, my way or no way attitude.
Fast paced environment
Warehouse Supervisor/Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TNSeptember 21, 2015
I love my job and what I do. I find it very pleasing to meet new people when I leave to visit a client. I work long hours. Our office just can not keep employees that are willing it work, so I am left with a lot of extra work on top of my own. Higher management does not like to work with the employees.
Pros
Meeting new clients.
Cons
Not able to take time off, not family oriented
10 dollar job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  AlabamaAugust 11, 2015
If you want to work for 10 dollars the rest of your life this is definitely the place. Just trying to help somebody not waste a lot of time to get no where.
Pros
Free Monthly Lunch
Cons
Everything else
Dysfunctional management structure.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 8, 2015
The management structure is dysfunctional at best. Unclear and quickly changing goals. This is definitely an "at will" employer. Absolutely zero job security despite exceeding budget EVERY year with good annual reviews.