Vitality Bowls Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Fun and friendly
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CASeptember 13, 2017
I met great people, including management. The food was great and although it could get a little stressful when busy, everyone learned how to remain calm under stress. They cared about the customers so much. It was such a fun and friendly environment to be in.
Laid Back Work Place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAAugust 6, 2017
Worked there when they first opened, it was a cool place to work while I went to school. Tee employees were nice and we were busy a good amount of the day.
Definite room to grow; has potential
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAJuly 19, 2017
Typical day at work would begin with me either opening the store or relieving one of my employees from their shift to close the store. I would come in a minimum of 30 minutes early to make sure there was enough change for the day. I would prep any fruit/toppings/yogurt that we were running low on. I would check all the yogurt machines and make sure the front drip trays were clean and all yogurt was filled in the back room. I would manage the front (cash register) and weigh customers yogurt while keeping the lobby clean and toppings filled. I would at closing time, take out all the trash and recycling, turn off yogurt machines, close register and submit deposit bag, do the dishes, sweep, mop, and lock gate. I learned how to better delegate my employees at this job as this was my first management job. The workplace culture was okay, I definitely made a fun workplace for my employees. The hardest part of this job was trying to complete all of the prepping being a solo employee and trying to ring customers and stay on top of cleaning. The most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with customers and free yogurt :)
fun job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaJune 19, 2017
The experience you will have working at VB truly depends on what location you are working at. They are usually franchised put so who the owner is can make or break a positive experience with the company .
Pros
fun environment
Cons
no benefits
cool
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Traders Point, INJanuary 30, 2017
working here was a pretty cool experience. The coworkers got along great, and it was a laid back working environment. It got pretty hectic around weekends and sometimes communication did not follow through like it should have, but other than that, it was pretty great!
fun when not alone
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJanuary 20, 2017
while this job did promote me they took a very long time doing so. my typical workday included taking orders, making orders, prepping, lots of cleaning and closing the store at the end of the day. what i didn't like about this job is they were very low staffed which meant sometimes I had to close by myself or I had to take care of rushes all on my own. It was very frustrating having the customers get so angry because I;m the only one to take orders, but I did get it done.
Fun work place
Waitress, prepare food, work register (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 5, 2016
Fun summer job, they were a little unorganized, but it was a relatively new store. I learned how to work a register and prepare food.
Productive and Busy Workplace
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Castro Valley, CAApril 5, 2016
Overall. The experience to work with Vitality Bowls was good. Shifts are decided by the manager and sometimes, it depends on who is working that day and if the place is overstaffed for a day, they send someone home. Management was nice and coworkers were really helpful. The hardest part of the job will be the juicing because sometimes the measurements are not accurate. I've learned what food service is like as opposed to retail work. What was enjoyable was greeting the customers and seeing the smiles on their faces when you hand them their order.
Pros
Employee discount, friendly coworkers, productive workplace
casual and very easy going
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CANovember 28, 2015
vitality bowls is a great place that had a lot of regular customers. part of why i enjoyed working there. along with an extremely easy work load and generally, good coworkers, the atmosphere at vitality was pretty chill. management could have improved on a lot of things but everything was pretty tolerable.
Pros
50% on food items
Cons
poor management decisions on new hires and scheduling