We are currently seeking Medical Assistants for our expanding Dermatology practice. We have 8 clinics surrounding the Austin area.
Qualifications: Certificate or diploma from a medical assistant program is preferred. One year professional experience working in a clinical discipline, preferably in a dermatology practice. Knowledge of quality assurance procedures used in a clinical setting. Strong relationship management skills and an ability to interact successfully with medical and administrative staff. Demonstrated analytic and problem solving skills.
- Prepare exam rooms for patient appointments, ensuring rooms are clean prior to each appointment and stocked with necessary equipment, instruments and supplies.
- Review medical history, greet and escort patient to the appropriate exam room; record patient interview, history, chief complaint, and baseline information; and perform routine screening tests.
- Assist physicians in clinic with examinations, procedures, and related clinical tasks like suture removal, dressing changes, and injections.
- Assist physician as needed in preparing and collecting tissue specimens; and accurately label, date, and document critical information and handle specimen.
- Prepare and administer medications with physician’s approval when indicated.
- Notify patients in a timely manner of pathology and biopsy results; return patients’ questions related to Dx, Tx, Rx, and wound care; call in prescriptions as directed by physicians; provide prescriptions to patients and review medication information, dietary restrictions, follow-up care, and office policies.
- Complete accurate, legal, and ethical documentation of data and information in patients’ medical records; and participate in audits of medical record documentation.
- Monitor the inventory of exam room supplies and immediately notify Director of Nursing of supply shortages or impending supply shortages.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills and clinical expertise, maintain individual competence in nursing practices, and recognize and accept responsibility for actions and judgment.
- Travel on day or overnight trips, as required.
- Maintain and comply with policies and procedures for confidentiality of all patient records.
- Consistently protect the assets of the organization, acting with integrity, reporting observed fraud and abuse and complying with applicable state, federal and local laws and program policies and procedures.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Indeed - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Founded in 2007 by Dr. Eric Adelman, D.O., Vitalogy Skincare is a full-service dermatology practice specializing in Mohs Micrographic...